Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #106
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 4 – Part 4

After we were done, we went over to Beach Club to check out the decorations there.

Chocolate carrousel.

Some more Christmas décor.

We looked at the gift shop.

And thankfully avoided buying anything.

After that, we headed back to Boardwalk for an early night. We had another early morning coming up !!
Old 12-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #107
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Wow .. the desserts at B&C looked amazing !! I'm a huge burger fan .. and so anywhere I can get a good burger is win for me !

Loving your updates !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #108
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Wow .. the desserts at B&C looked amazing !! I'm a huge burger fan .. and so anywhere I can get a good burger is win for me !

Loving your updates !
That Milky Way sundae was out of this world good. I could so go for one of those burgers right now.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #109
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Saturday, November 26, 2011 – Hollywood Studios – Part 1

We got up early again – about 6:30 AM – We had early 8:00 AM EMH. So I left DH to get the kids up and moving while I went over to the Bellevue Lounge and used some snack credits for breakfast.

I got DH and I each a chocolate croissant.

Sorry, I was hungry. These were so good with coffee in the AM.

I got DS a cinnamon roll

and DD some Special K. We ate and headed down to the dock so we could catch the boat to Hollywood Studios.

And ……. The dock was closed. No boats running. This was 30 min. prior to park opening. Yeah. There were not happy people there. Not happy at all.

This was all DH needed to head towards the car. On the way to get the car, we let a CM know that the boats weren’t running and there was a bunch of unhappy folks at the dock. He seemed genuinely alarmed that the boats weren’t running and said he would call someone and got on the phone. So, I don’t know what was going on, but we drove to Hollywood Studios and got there before 8:00 AM. YAY !!

We waited with the masses

And joined the melee in the mad dash to Toy Story Mania. Who knew this ride would live up so well to it’s name ??

Anyway, my BFF and were discussing our strategy on the day before and she said that we should just go ahead and ride it and not get a FP. So we did.

It took about 15-20 minutes and then we were able to get FP’s for the rest of the day for other rides instead of waiting for TSM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:35 PM   #110
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

We love TSMM ! It's good to get it done right away and then not have to worry about it.
Great pics of the queue !

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #111
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We love TSMM ! It's good to get it done right away and then not have to worry about it.
Great pics of the queue !
We love it, too and didn't get to do it last trip because we got to Hollywood Studios too late in the day. So we were happy that we got to ride it.

I just love the queue. There is just so much imagination in it. One of Disney's best !! I love that it has toys we all played with when we were little. So fun !!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #112
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I REALLY want to get to TSM this time around! Everything about it looks like so much fun! And a chocolate croissant is pretty much the perfect way to start a Disney day!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #113
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I REALLY want to get to TSM this time around! Everything about it looks like so much fun! And a chocolate croissant is pretty much the perfect way to start a Disney day!
I fully expect to see TSM in your TR when you return home in January. Don't you dare disappoint me !!

I just love those chocolate croissants. Love them !! As you could see by my half eaten breakfast photo .........
Old 12-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #114
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 5 – Part 2

When we got out the FP window ….. at 8:20 AM was for 12:10-1:10.

It was still kinda nuts over by Toy Story Mania …… but the rest of the park ??? Not so much.

DD wanted to sign up for the Jedi training, so I took her over there while DH and DS went over to get RnR FP’s

So I signed her up and her Jedi training was for 11:20 AM.

And after that DH and DS were back, so they rode Star Tours, while I enjoyed the beautiful morning.

They came out of the ride pretty quick and DD wanted to ride again, so DH took her to ride while DS and I waited.

Well DS and his head eating chipmunk that is.

After their second ride, DH and DD met back up with us and DD wanted her face painted. So we said OK.

The kids wanted to check out the Villains shop which had a lot of Vinylmation in it, so we headed over there.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #115
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I love your DD's rainbow connection face painting! How cool! (I actually didn't even realize that they did face painting in DHS - is that new?)

Hahaha I will try not to disappoint with TSM!!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #116
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I love your DD's rainbow connection face painting! How cool! (I actually didn't even realize that they did face painting in DHS - is that new?)

Hahaha I will try not to disappoint with TSM!!
I seem to remember the face painting always being there. Right by the bathrooms there across from Star Tours. Of course it came off when she went swimming later. But she loved it while it was on her and she looked mighty cute !!

Make sure your get Wingnut up early on your HS day. You can't miss TSM again !! You will love it !!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #117
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

DHS is my least favorite park. LOVE TSM and Great American Movie ride though.

Come check out ..
Old 12-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #118
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DHS is my least favorite park. LOVE TSM and Great American Movie ride though.
I actually agree with you on this one. If we get there early enough, we can get everything done by lunch and then be free to do something else. DS loves it, though. On our most recent trip, I REALLY loved the Christmas lights. I love all of the parks, but I would say that HS is my least fave. But I still love it !! We have a ressie for 50's Prime Time Cafe in April that I am very much looking forward to.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #119
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Yeah, that's my problem too .. the boys love it. They love Indiana Jones and Star Wars and Lights, Motor, Action .. but I could certainly do without those since 2 of these have been the same since forever .. but I'm outnumbered !
This next trip I plan on splitting AK and DHS into one day.

Come check out ..
Old 12-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #120
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, that's my problem too .. the boys love it. They love Indiana Jones and Star Wars and Lights, Motor, Action .. but I could certainly do without those since 2 of these have been the same since forever .. but I'm outnumbered !
This next trip I plan on splitting AK and DHS into one day.
I do love the Movie Ride and TSM. I also loved doing the Animation drawing class. Star Wars makes me sick Rock n Rollercoaster is fun and I am too chicken to ride Tower of Terror I like HS, I just like the other ones better. I can never get enough time in World Showcase at Epcot.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: