Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
YayDisney
Mouseketeer

Dream Stateroom 7194 - Anyone have thoughts or pictures?

I was booked for July 2012 for room 10660. I am fine with aft, since it seems the balconies are so much bigger, but after reading some comments about the noise levels from upstairs Cabanas, I decided to move rooms. The only center aft room I could find available is 7194. We are currently booked there, but unlike 8188 which people seem to rave about, I have seen nothing on 7194. Does anyone have any thoughts? I understand it is connecting, but is that a big deal? I saw one picture on line and the balcony looks enormous - Plus with rooms on top and below, I am hoping for a relatively quiet stay. . . . Anyone out there with pictures or thoughts? thank you!!!!
YayDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Brumbie13
Mr. Mickeybars

Here are some reviews:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis....cfm?Room=7194

Brumbie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
YayDisney
Mouseketeer

Yay! That is a good review! I wish they had pictures of what it looked like! Thank you for the link
Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

It should be almost this big. This is one deck down. We booked it for the fantasy. 6192

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

I posted some pictures of 7192 a while back, I'll try to find them again. It's right next door, so it should look very similar.

Found them: Here are some photos I took of 7192, your sister room. I believe that the deck 6 verandahs are a little bit bigger than the rest but I could be wrong. I know the pic above makes 6192 definitely look bigger than ours was.

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/...teroom%207192/

Last edited by onecoolpilot; 11-28-2011 at 07:50 PM.
onecoolpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
YayDisney
Mouseketeer

Wow thanks both of you for the pictures. The ones of 6192 are incredible! I have read something about the flag noise somewhere. Since our room would be just above it, i suppose it would affect us too if it was true

Cool pilot your pics are great!! and even include our veranda
Did you find it to be a quiet area? Any commentaries on the location of the room or anything else? Do you recommend it? Also I see you have no loungers. Would you have been able to ask for some, you think? The 10th deck room I was previously booked in had them. Thank you!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayDisney View Post
Wow thanks both of you for the pictures. The ones of 6192 are incredible! I have read something about the flag noise somewhere. Since our room would be just above it, i suppose it would affect us too if it was true

Did you find it to be a quiet area? Any commentaries on the location of the room or anything else? Do you recommend it? Also I see you have no loungers. Would you have been able to ask for some, you think? The 10th deck room I was previously booked in had them. Thank you!!!
7194 should be just as wide, but not as deep. Still huge!

The flag is only out while in port so we are not to worried about it and it will be right in the middle of our veranda.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayDisney View Post

It was really quiet while we were in there. While backing in to the dock at Nassau and CC, there was a little vibration and noise, but not bothersome at all. My wife and 9yo slept through it every time (I was already awake). I was still asleep when we docked back at Port Canaveral (no more excitement I guess) and didn't even know we had docked until I woke up.

The location really worked for us. Easy access to the main dining rooms and Cabanas. Not too far to get to the kids clubs either. It was quite a hike to the BV and WD theaters for sure though.

There is plenty of room on the deck for a lounge chair or 2, so I'm sure they would have brought some if we had asked. Also, as mentioned before, the flag is not out while underway, so noise is not really an issue.

Old 12-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
YayDisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks again for your input - really helpful
Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
elemwe2dis
Earning My Ears

I was wondering if any of you who have stayed in Room 7194 felt any noticable movement. We have this room booked on the Fantasy for next April. I was talking with a friend who said they've felt a lot of sea movement when they were in an Aft room and suggested we move more to the center of the ship on the port or starboard side. I dont really want to give up this room with the HUGE veranda but I'm worried we could get sea sick if there is a lot of movement felt.

Thanks for the info!!
elemwe2dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
onecoolpilot
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemwe2dis View Post
I was wondering if any of you who have stayed in Room 7194 felt any noticable movement. We have this room booked on the Fantasy for next April. I was talking with a friend who said they've felt a lot of sea movement when they were in an Aft room and suggested we move more to the center of the ship on the port or starboard side. I dont really want to give up this room with the HUGE veranda but I'm worried we could get sea sick if there is a lot of movement felt.

Thanks for the info!!
It depends on how sensitive you are to the motion. We had 7192 back in May 2011, and the first night, crossing the gulf stream, it was very noticeable. Didn't bother me so much, by my wife didn't care for it. The DD didn't care at all. After that, it was very nice. The rest of the trip, the only way I knew we were "swaying" was the hangers in the closet clinking together.

Personally, I wouldn't trade it. The benefits for us being in an aft room far outweigh the cost of a little motion. No matter what you decide, you will have an awesome time. If you do find yourself getting a little green (seasick), head down to the infirmary and grab some pills. They worked wonders for my DW and she was good to go after that.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

I posted about our stay in that room before. But here I go again: We sailed in that room in May 2011. I made a point to re-book this same very room for November 2013 as soon as the new schedule opened, so 25 months in advance!

In May 2011, our DD11, LOVED that room. She lives with Cerebral Palsy and with Autism Spectrum Desorder and wanders a lot, so to have the same room again was a good idea. But for us, it was a must because of the veranda. Even with the "upgrade" (higher price), it is a very, very good location. You see both sides, they back up in CC, the view of the "sterling birds" in the middle of the night is purely magical (2-3 am looking up at the chimney), the "bed in the ceiling" is perfect for DD, and it was moving a lot less than aft on the Wonder this past February. The veranda was big enough to park the wheelchair no problem and our DD still had lots of room to play outside to spend all the remaining energy before diner.

On the Wonder (aft, room 7622), the sea was rough enough that I had to close the swinging bathroom doors so I could sleep. On the Wonder, I also had to secure the hangers in the closet to stop them from clinking all night. I decided to use ear plugs to cancel the noise from the ship panels. Nothing like that on the Dream for us. By the way, the Wonder was still a very enjoyable ride (and even more since I was cruising solo!)

We never had problem with the flag as the lower deck (6) had because of the wind. The flag is too low to really bother, even if we could hear it. But nothing to be bothersome.

The only thing we found was that it is a good walk from a lot of places. But we were looking for quiet more than proximity, so it was a plus for us. And it helped spend calories we kept adding up every day.

Hope this help,

Poussière de fée

sniff, sniff, no ticker! .... oops, just for now, since DH asked me when I would go back.........

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Clochette nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
elemwe2dis
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info, it really helps!!

I think we'll be keeping that room and just making sure we pack some motion sickness meds just in case.
elemwe2dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #14
TooPicky
Earning My Ears

Just got back from the 3rd-7th cruise. We had the 7194 and it was AH-MA-ZING! Here is kinda bad panorama from the balcony. I'll post some photos when I have them loaded. Link o a panorama of the balcony here. w w w. 360.io/nvy3ts
Old 03-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #15
churchlady
Mouseketeer

Couldn't get the link to open, but looking forward to more news and Pix. We will be in 7194 April 7th-11th. When you post a trip report, will you let us know the title? I can't wait to get on the Dream!

WDW April 2003
Land/Sea Beach Club, Disney Wonder April 2005
Disney Magic 7 day Western May 2006
1st timeto Disneyland/ DLH October 2006

WDW Contemporary June 2007

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern TORTOLA/POLY May 2009

DCL 3 day Dream/BWI November 2011
DCL 4 day Dream April 2013

DH, me, dd 16, dd18, dd20
churchlady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: