Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #61
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriemouse View Post
Hi, we've just switched to this cruise! We went on what was supposed to be a Western on 4th Aug this year, but thanks to Tropical Storm Ernesto it was changed at the last minute to an Eastern. It was still an amazing cruise, but we re-booked on board as we still want to do the Western itinerary, and then changed to this one due to work and University dates.

We are myself (Karen), DH (Andy), DD19 (Sophie) and DD14 (Eleanor) - ages at time of sailing. Depending on which one of us you are talking to, this will be our 9th, 8th or 6th cruise - all Disney. And we're from North West England.

We've two cabins booked as the girls now bring so many clothes we can't fit into one (and they refuse to share a bathroom with their father! ) and I was thrilled to get 2 adjoining extended balcony cabins on deck 5. Very hand for Vibe.

We are always up for a Fish Extender, so I'll head over to the other thread. Look forward to cruising with you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiemouse View Post
Hi everyone, I am Karriemouse's DD18 Sophie
(will be 19 on the cruise)
and this is my 8th cruise :P
Welcome to the July 20th Western - cruise Nice to have you!!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #62
Suger Mag
DIS Veteran

Whoot, a big welcome to Dana, Wendy Karen and Sophie!!

Been looking around for neat things to do in he ports and I came across this really cool "mini sub-scooter" excursion in Cozumel, I think this is going on my must do list!!

http://www.cozumel-tours.com/mini-subs.htm
Magic Kingdom and River Country 1980 * Grand Floridian Grand Gathering/ Wonder Cruise 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas:40th B-day/ Food and Wine 2009 * Grand Californian Experimental Biology 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas:Thanksgiving 2011* 20th Anniversary Fantasy Cruise July 2013* Spring Break on the Wonder March 2014

Canada * England * Belgium * Netherlands * France * Denmark * Sweden * Norway * Austria * Hungary * Yugoslavia * Spain * Morocco * Egypt * Mexico * Germany * Caribbean
Suger Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #63
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suger Mag View Post

Been looking around for neat things to do in he ports and I came across this really cool "mini sub-scooter" excursion in Cozumel, I think this is going on my must do list!!

Looks great and definitely interesting. Unfortunately many of us in our group are claustrophobic

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
Old 10-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #64
Sophiemouse
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcomes! Soooo excited to cruise again!!
Because of our last-minute change of itinerary last year, we are planning to re-book the excursions we had booked last year, hopefully we will manage to do them this time...

ME DMum DDad DSis(14)
Sophiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #65
disneymagic316
DVC Owner since 2000
BWV VB SSR HHI

Quote:

Thank-you for the warm welcome! We looking forward to the cruise and can't wait!
SSR Oct. 17-19 2014,
OKW Oct. 19-23,2014
Last WDW trips:
OKW- March 27-April 2
SSR Oct. 23- 28, 2013 OKW Oct. 28-29,2013
HHI- Oct. 29-Nov. 1, 2013
DCL- '01 Eastern Caribbean, ' 03 Western Caribbean, '05- Mexican Riviera, '07 Mediterranean, '09 Tortola,
2011 Inaugural Alaska Cruise, Aug 5,20102 NYC Canada-New England, Disney Fantasy- July 20-27,2013.

Next DCL- Disney Dream Oct. 2014
disneymagic316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #66
jd9891
DCL Fan

Happy to be on land

Glad were not in the storm!! I feel bad reading the post about everyone not knowing when or where they are going.

Only 266 more days.

jd9891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #67
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd9891 View Post
Glad were not in the storm!! I feel bad reading the post about everyone not knowing when or where they are going.

Only 266 more days.
I know - I have been thinking about someone I know who is going this weekend - but maybe it's moving up here already and won't affect them as much. For many who are cruising, I feel for them. Another reason why I have never cruised in August (or later) and have no intention to.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

Old 10-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #68
karriemouse
Official Disney Cruise Addict

Location: Manchester, UK or Windsor Hills, Orlando or on a plane between the two!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Looking forward to cruising with you all.

Eleanor and I are on the 4 day Bahamian leaving tomorrow - and now we have Hurricane Sandy to cope with!!!

We narrowly missed Hurricane Irene last year, so I think we seem to attract hurricanes!!!!!! Sorry!

Me DH DD(20) DD(15)
karriemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #69
projectGemini
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone, my fiancée and I just booked for our honeymoon! We're super excited to take our first Disney cruise ( I've cruised Carnival and RCL before, but this is her first ever cruise). We're also looking into doing the fish extender exchange, and would love to be kept in the loop on that too!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #70
Suger Mag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectGemini View Post
Hey everyone, my fiancée and I just booked for our honeymoon! We're super excited to take our first Disney cruise ( I've cruised Carnival and RCL before, but this is her first ever cruise). We're also looking into doing the fish extender exchange, and would love to be kept in the loop on that too!
Welcome to the cruise and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and honeymoon, what a great way to start a life together!!!

I am organizing the fish extender so if you have any questions let me know, but there is a FE link attached to the cruise meet with more details.

Glad you are joining us. -Stephanie
Magic Kingdom and River Country 1980 * Grand Floridian Grand Gathering/ Wonder Cruise 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas:40th B-day/ Food and Wine 2009 * Grand Californian Experimental Biology 2010 * Animal Kingdom Villas:Thanksgiving 2011* 20th Anniversary Fantasy Cruise July 2013* Spring Break on the Wonder March 2014

Canada * England * Belgium * Netherlands * France * Denmark * Sweden * Norway * Austria * Hungary * Yugoslavia * Spain * Morocco * Egypt * Mexico * Germany * Caribbean
Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #71
Suger Mag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriemouse View Post
Thanks for the welcomes everyone! Looking forward to cruising with you all.

Eleanor and I are on the 4 day Bahamian leaving tomorrow - and now we have Hurricane Sandy to cope with!!!

We narrowly missed Hurricane Irene last year, so I think we seem to attract hurricanes!!!!!! Sorry!
Safe sailing and sending wishes for sunny weather....

Old 10-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #72
Sophiemouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectGemini View Post

I agree definitely a brilliant start to your lives together!!
Wish you all the best with all the preparations for the big day!!!

ME DMum DDad DSis(14)
Sophiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #73
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Projectgemini - welcome aboard.

Sorry - on my son's laptop and don't know how to quote, highlight. Limited time on the internet - only on while our generator is running.

We still have no power, phone, heat, etc. Finally bought a generator = my bil brought down to us from Upstate. Not sure when power will be back on.

We were very, very lucky. Sad to see the devastation here.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

Old 11-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #74
Suger Mag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Projectgemini - welcome aboard.

Sorry - on my son's laptop and don't know how to quote, highlight. Limited time on the internet - only on while our generator is running.

We still have no power, phone, heat, etc. Finally bought a generator = my bil brought down to us from Upstate. Not sure when power will be back on.

We were very, very lucky. Sad to see the devastation here.
sending some hopeful wishes that your situation gets resolved soon. So glad you were lucky to have gotten through with out serious loss of life or home... but having no power for an extended period of time is a drain too, especially on patience. I am in western mass and while did not see much from Sandy, it was last years (Irene?) that knocked out our power for over a week... some folks went up to three weeks. It is hard and I hope your power comes back soon .

Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #75
AnnaS

Will you be rolling?

Quote:
sending some hopeful wishes that your situation gets resolved soon. So glad you were lucky to have gotten through with out serious loss of life or home... but having no power for an extended period of time is a drain too, especially on patience. I am in western mass and while did not see much from Sandy, it was last years (Irene?) that knocked out our power for over a week... some folks went up to three weeks. It is hard and I hope your power comes back soon .
Thank you. almost 11 nights and still no power We are getting a bit tired especially with all the conflicting things we hear. Today -some progress - Con Ed (electric utility company) came knocking and we are okay - we don't need an electrician to say we are good. Don't know when we will get power but we are cleared.

Just received ME tags for our December trip - hard to get excited but will need the vacation by then.

Upcoming/planned trips:
May - HH
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: