Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #91
The Isherwood Family
Earning My Ears

Smile

This will be our first family cruise & we will be sharing this experience with great friends and their children too!
Our boys are so excited!!

Our youngest son needs to grow 1 more inch to meet Aqua duck height requirements... I heard they lowered it to 42" can anyone confirm?
Old 09-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #92
Amunet
DIS Veteran

So New Years is the confirmed cut off date for the FE ^_^

Hello Kelly! I know you and your family will have a blast
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #93
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalsnowseekins View Post

This will be our first family vacation! We are staying at Disney the night before the cruise and for two nights afterwards. We are going to MK for one day. We are all very excited, especially my two daughters!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7) (DD 3)
I am getting so excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalsnowseekins View Post
Bought fabric today for our fish extender! Wish I could sew!

I can sew, but don't have a sewing machine right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Isherwood Family View Post
This will be our first family cruise & we will be sharing this experience with great friends and their children too!
Our boys are so excited!!

Our youngest son needs to grow 1 more inch to meet Aqua duck height requirements... I heard they lowered it to 42" can anyone confirm?
Hi!! That would be great if they changed the height. I hadn't heard anything, but then again, I haven't really looked either, as my kids are both taller anyway. Crossing my fingers for you and your son!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #94
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Just noticed my ticker!!! 4 months, 1 week exactly!!!! (Actually, it may really be 4 weeks 8 days...I think I may have included our night before at Disney when I made the ticker.) Still.....

Last edited by Piglets Mommy; 09-25-2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Date may be off by a day
Piglets Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #95
ohanaMAMA
DIS Veteran

hey there.. i am wondering if anyone has girls age 11-13?? My dd12 is a little nervous that she wont have fun in the kids clubs because she wont know anyone.. thought it might be fun if she could "meet" some friends before the cruise..
08' Mommy and Daddy ALONE on the WONDER!
'10 POR took our niece Patience with us!
'12 POFQ with the Reeses and the Stickles

ohanaMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #96
PeacockMama
Earning My Ears

Smile Disney Dream February 3, 2013

Hi everyone! I just booked my family on the Dream for Feb 3, 2013. I have searched and searched, and I can't find ANYONE else posting for that date! Surely we wont have the whole ship to ourselves? I would LOVE to participate in a Fish Extender, FE. It will be my oldest daughter (8) and my 2nd Disney cruise, 1st time doing FE. My husband has cruised, but not with Disney (I've been trying to stress to him how completely different the experience is with Disney). My mother in law will also be with us, and it will be her first cruise...as well as our 2 year old We are celebrating the baby's 2nd birthday!! We have 2 adjacent rooms, though. Didn't want to crowd everyone into one room lol (Side note: we also have 6 month old twins, but they aren't coming with us...4 girls in all!!)
PeacockMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #97
Canadacrew
Earning My Ears

I am on the same cruise. There is a group on face book that has started an Fe list.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #98
PeacockMama
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone!! Booked our cruise TODAY! I am beyond excited! It will be me, Ashley, husband Cory, Mother in Law Penny, Daughter Rachael (8) and daughter Audrey (celebrating her 2nd birthday)! We are leaving our (currently) 6 month old twin girls at home...yes you read that correctly lol. 2nd Disney cruise for me and Rachael. 2nd cruise for husband but 1st disney cruise. We definately want to participate in the FE! That will be a first for us! I'm going to join the FB group and also send an email for the FE. Will be the first time on the Dream for all of us and I just cant wait! I've been waiting for this day since I stepped off the other Disney cruise...3 years ago!
PeacockMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #99
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacockMama View Post
Hey everyone!! Booked our cruise TODAY! I am beyond excited! It will be me, Ashley, husband Cory, Mother in Law Penny, Daughter Rachael (8) and daughter Audrey (celebrating her 2nd birthday)! We are leaving our (currently) 6 month old twin girls at home...yes you read that correctly lol. 2nd Disney cruise for me and Rachael. 2nd cruise for husband but 1st disney cruise. We definately want to participate in the FE! That will be a first for us! I'm going to join the FB group and also send an email for the FE. Will be the first time on the Dream for all of us and I just cant wait! I've been waiting for this day since I stepped off the other Disney cruise...3 years ago!

Wow, it sounds like you and your family will have a blast And welcome back after 3 years! Disney cruises are addicting aren't they?

The FE is listed on this thread as well as in a Doc on the FB group & the cut off day is New Years ^_^

AND congratulations on your twins ^_^
Old 10-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #100
talbotfamily1
311girl

First Post and Cruise

Hello All! We will be taking our first cruise Feb 3rd! I was told you could chat with people going on the same one! How fun!! There will be 3 in our party DH, DS 9 and myself. We will be celebrating our son's 10th bday. His B-day is Feb 2nd. Adult pricing the very next day, LOL!! It was the only time we could go though Anyway, I have been busy researching online and reading Passporter. I would still like to chat with someone that has actually been on the Dream. Do you ask question on here or do people email back and forth? Can someone give me a lesson on how things are done on here?
Thanks so very much!!
talbotfamily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #101
talbotfamily1
311girl

We are going Feb 3rd. It will be our first! DH, DS 9 and myself. What is Fish Extender? Thanks!!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:00 AM   #102
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbotfamily1 View Post
We are going Feb 3rd. It will be our first! DH, DS 9 and myself. What is Fish Extender? Thanks!!

If you read back a few pages, I believe there is a link for a thread that has like FAQ of FEs.
In short, a Fish Extender is something you hang on the little fish outside the staterooms. You receive gifts in it and you also give gifts to others with a FE. If you wish to participate, you can sign up

We also have a group on facebook if you'd like to join ^_^ I think we're a bit more active on there than we are here

http://www.facebook.com/groups/MickeyCruise/
Old 10-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #103
talbotfamily1
311girl

Smile I have the hang of it

Thanks for your reply! Ok, I have requested the facebook for Deam 2013. I love that it rhymes! I also sent email requesting to be added to the FE list. Now I need to start making gifts! Im so excited!

Did I miss any boys in the age range of 10-12? I sure hope our son is able to hang with some kids his age while in the club/lab.

Thanks you all! We look forward to meeting new Disney goers

Dad, Mom and 10 year old son.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #104
cyberjyd
Earning My Ears

Wow, with less than 3 months to go this forum is pretty quiet compared to the facebook group. This will be our first Disney cruise after doing 2 annual trips to WDW. Coming with me will be my wife, 2 kids, son age 10 and daughter age 4. We will also be accompanied by my mother and will be getting 2 adjoining staterooms. Will need to read up a bit more on how FE works and hopefully sign up for it. Hope to meet some of you on the cruise.
cyberjyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #105
nokidz
thanks Mickey, now I am an addict!!

Sadly, we have to skip this cruise. One of our party is having some medical issues that we are hoping will be resolved soon. But, we have all talked and decided it is best to postpone a cruise for a few months. It is not worth taking a chance and being far away from home and medical services if things happen to go downhill.
Have a blast!!!! No worries, we are re-booking, so we will eventually be floating with Mickey and gang again!

past cruises

Feb 26th 2011 Eastern on the Magic!!! - graphic to come
future cruises
Nov 24th 2012 Western on the Fantasy!!! - graphic to come
nokidz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: