Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
TifferMak
Earning My Ears

Hi Brian,

The crowds didn’t faze us too much especially if you’re used to the parks! The Dream is such a BIG ship so there’s plenty of different stuff going on all the time. The only time we noticed long lines or crowds was during character greetings, just before the 2nd dining rotation, and the pool areas during the at-sea day.

I’ve never done the fish extenders before but it seems like a lot of fun. Here’s a link to a forum with a lot of information: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm

Hmmm, I’m not sure if we picked up any neat hints or tricks… but there was something I wish I had known about before our first cruise. A lot of repeat cruisers create Disney themed magnets to hang on their stateroom doors. My family and I made some for our last cruise and had a blast coming up with the designs! Here’s a link with a ton of info about magnets: http://www.disboards.com/search.php?searchid=26844558

Also, if you enjoy the cruise and think you might want to go again, I’d highly recommend booking your next cruise while you’re on board. We saved about $700 by doing so!

Oh, and if you or your family members have any kind of food allergies or intolerances, the restaurant staff is amazing! I have celiac disease so I have to adhere to a strict gluten-free diet. Our dining room server went to great lengths to make sure that my meals wouldn’t make me sick. Each night after dinner I was given the next night’s menu and would select my meal. If any of my choices were made with gluten, the chef would prepare a special gluten-free version for me! I was blown away; way exceeded any expectations I had!!

I guess this is a pretty random list, LOL, but if I think of anything else I'll pop on and post it.

Take care,

3rd Cruise - Disney Dream, Feb 3, 2013
2nd Cruise - Disney Dream, Feb 5, 2012
1st Cruise - Disney Wonder, Feb 4, 2010

TifferMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #17
JessieandTinksmom
Earning My Ears

Talking Rebooked

We were just on the dream 3/1 and decided to rebook for this sailing. We are BEYOND excited. I am looking forward to it even though there's still 300+ days til it starts!
Is there a separate thread for fish extenders? My girls were so excited seeing them on other doors and I was to late to sign up for it this time and don't want to miss it again!
JessieandTinksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 03:22 PM   #18
aksunshine
DIS Veteran

Just booked this cruise today! I haven't told my family. Going to keep it a surprise for a bit. It will be our first cruise EVER!!! We plan to visit wdw before or after. We have gone to WDW every year since 06, so this year is an off year. Adding the cruise will make the wait more exciting and MORE difficult! haha!!!

It will be me, DH, DD (10 then), DS (2 then), and the new baby due in September.
aksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #19
Canadacrew
Earning My Ears

First Cruise

This is our first cruise ever. Not sure if kids or mom more excited. The boys will be 5 and 6 at time of travel so hoping they will have a ton of fun
Canadacrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
Lindsaybrz
Earning My Ears

Just found out about this discussion board from a friend today. We are first time Disney cruisers, although veterans of DisneyWorld and Land. I'm sure I'll have many questions as the date comes closer. Will be sailing with my husband, parents and my 7 year old daughter and 5 year old son. This fish extender sounds interesting....
Lindsaybrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Hi! Can I join you all? I just booked this morning!!! My Dream trip for my 40th Birthday!!! This will be our first Disney Cruise...DH & I went on a Holland America Cruise for his 40th, and we are WDW Vets, but this will be the first ever cruise for the kids, and a first for all of us on DCL! Booked in a Verandah cabin on Deck 7. I am over the moon excited!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #22
krissie84p
Earning My Ears

First Cruise EVER!

Just booked this cruise. It is our first cruise ever so I don't know what to expect. The idea of fish extenders sound super fun, hope we have one for this trip.
My group includes
Me, DS (7), my cousin and her DD (6).

We're all extremely excited.
krissie84p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
carrielyns
Earning My Ears

Can't wait!

Alright, so we are not yet booked guests on this sailing but we will be within days. So excited!

This will be our 4th Disney cruise (never sailed with another line before).

Our first was a 3-night to the Bahamas on the Wonder, then a 7-night to the Eastern Caribbean on the Magic, and then this past January we did the 7-night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder. We were looking at the 7-night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy but since we're also doing WDW and Universal (Harry Potter!!!) we decided to go the slightly cheaper route.

Can't wait to see this boat!!!

This will be our 3rd trip to WDW... we're west coasters... done D-Land too many times to count. Staying at the Art of Animation resort. It looks so fun!!!

That'll be after the cruise. Any one else?
carrielyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #24
carrielyns
Earning My Ears

Booked!

We are definitely on this cruise. Booked it today. Can't book any excursions or Paolo until November... or even do the online check-in stuff. Seems so late compared to previous cruises we've done.

DH , Me , DD (8)

1st Cruise - Bahamas, Wonder, January 2010
2nd Cruise - Eastern Caribbean, Magic, March 2011
3rd Cruise - Mexican Riviera, Wonder, January 2012
4th Cruise - Bahamas, Dream, February 2013
5th Cruise - Western Caribbean, Fantasy, February 2014
6th Cruise - Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy, January 2015
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Old 06-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissie84p View Post
Just booked this cruise. It is our first cruise ever so I don't know what to expect. The idea of fish extenders sound super fun, hope we have one for this trip.
My group includes
Me, DS (7), my cousin and her DD (6).

We're all extremely excited.
I am so excited too! I have been one 1 other cruise, just DH & I. (not Disney though) and we LOVED it. I am so excited to sail again. I love the water, though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyns View Post
Alright, so we are not yet booked guests on this sailing but we will be within days. So excited!

This will be our 4th Disney cruise (never sailed with another line before).

Our first was a 3-night to the Bahamas on the Wonder, then a 7-night to the Eastern Caribbean on the Magic, and then this past January we did the 7-night Mexican Riviera on the Wonder. We were looking at the 7-night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy but since we're also doing WDW and Universal (Harry Potter!!!) we decided to go the slightly cheaper route.

Can't wait to see this boat!!!

This will be our 3rd trip to WDW... we're west coasters... done D-Land too many times to count. Staying at the Art of Animation resort. It looks so fun!!!

That'll be after the cruise. Any one else?
Very cool! We are doing one night before the cruise, but no parks. I am waiting till 2013 room rates come out, but hoping for a Mermaid room at Art of Animation.
Quote:
We are definitely on this cruise. Booked it today. Can't book any excursions or Paolo until November... or even do the online check-in stuff. Seems so late compared to previous cruises we've done.
I want to book a spa treatment. It does seem a long way away, I guess I am used to booking ADR's at WDW 180 days out. I thought you could book earlier as a Castaway Club member though?

Right now, I am sweating it out waiting for Airfare to be released. That can make or break it for us. Southwest and AirTran released more dates this week, but only thru Jan.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #26
carrielyns
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I am waiting till 2013 room rates come out, but hoping for a Mermaid room at Art of Animation.
I think you could book a room now and then cancel and rebook if the rates are different. The package pricing for 2013 isn't out yet but I wanted to guarantee our room so we've booked a room but will cancel it (without penalty) and then book the Magic Your Way Package.

Quote:
I want to book a spa treatment. It does seem a long way away, I guess I am used to booking ADR's at WDW 180 days out. I thought you could book earlier as a Castaway Club member though?
I feel like several things have changed. The last couple of times we booked the cruise through AAA and they asked us which state room we wanted. This time around we've booked through Small World Vacations (who we booked the first cruise with) and she told me we won't know our stateroom until we receive our travel docs from Disney (which is 3 or so weeks before we sail). We can't do our online check-in stuff until November and I feel like in the past I was able to do this much earlier. I think as a Castaway member we may get to do things a bit early but I was told November 8th, which doesn't seem all that early to me.

Quote:
Right now, I am sweating it out waiting for Airfare to be released. That can make or break it for us. Southwest and AirTran released more dates this week, but only thru Jan.
That's the worst part. We booked with air miles but when we first looked at the available flights there were quite a few we had enough miles for but when we went to book a week later our options were severely limited. We were initially going to do the 7-night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy but the flights didn't work out.

This will be fun though and we're getting more time at the parks. I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland areas that will be open by then.

DH , Me , DD (8)

<p>&nbsp;</p>
Old 06-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #27
krissie84p
Earning My Ears

Nassau

Hey guys,

since its my first cruise, i was just curious to know what everyone's plan was when we get to nassau??

Have you booked excursions? staying on the boat? or doing your own thing in town?

THANKS!
krissie84p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #28
carrielyns
Earning My Ears

Nassau plans

This will be our second visit to Nassau and we did a town tour last time so I think the plan this time is to save our money and just wander around the port area and maybe get some quality pool time in on the boat.

I wouldn't mind an up close look at the Atlantis though. So, who knows just yet!

DH , Me , DD (8)

<p>&nbsp;</p>
Old 06-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #29
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

My husband and I have finally decided upon this date (2/3/13) on the dream! We had booked a dummy date on our FIRST Disney cruise back in April. We'll be celebrating my husband's 27th Birthday ^_^

While this is our Second Disney Cruise, this will be our first trip to Castaway Cay! ^_^ We're VERY excited

Do you think our group will start a Fish Extender?

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 199520052013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #30
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:

Quote:
I think you could book a room now and then cancel and rebook if the rates are different. The package pricing for 2013 isn't out yet but I wanted to guarantee our room so we've booked a room but will cancel it (without penalty) and then book the Magic Your Way Package.

Maybe it is because I was looking at a Mermaid room and they aren't available yet. All they said they had at AofA were family suites and they wanted a $500 deposit for 1 night room only. Since I haven't booked air yet, I don't want to tie up the money in that. I will just wait till other Value rates come out.

I feel like several things have changed. The last couple of times we booked the cruise through AAA and they asked us which state room we wanted. This time around we've booked through Small World Vacations (who we booked the first cruise with) and she told me we won't know our stateroom until we receive our travel docs from Disney (which is 3 or so weeks before we sail). We can't do our online check-in stuff until November and I feel like in the past I was able to do this much earlier. I think as a Castaway member we may get to do things a bit early but I was told November 8th, which doesn't seem all that early to me.

That is weird. I booked my exact stateroom, and didn't see any GTY categories available. Maybe AAA gave you a special rate? I looked on my confirmation paperwork and we can do onboard bookings, etc on Nov. 20, so you do have a couple extra weeks. It stinks that you can't do it earlier though.

That's the worst part. We booked with air miles but when we first looked at the available flights there were quite a few we had enough miles for but when we went to book a week later our options were severely limited. We were initially going to do the 7-night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy but the flights didn't work out.

This will be fun though and we're getting more time at the parks. I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland areas that will be open by then.
Yeah...I am toying with booking on US Air. The fares aren't great but they aren't horrible. I just hate paying bag fees, and I think Southwest and Air Tran will be less anyway. But I am not very patient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissie84p View Post
Hey guys,

since its my first cruise, i was just curious to know what everyone's plan was when we get to nassau??

Have you booked excursions? staying on the boat? or doing your own thing in town?

THANKS!
I'm not sure what we will do. DH & I were there before the kids were born. We stayed at an all inclusive, bit did quite a few excursions on the island. Honestly, we wouldn't feel like we were missing anything if we did nothing. I do think the kids would like Atlantis, but those excursions aren't cheap. You used to be able to book a room at Comfort Suites and use the facilities at Atlantis; we might look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Hello everyone!

My husband and I have finally decided upon this date (2/3/13) on the dream! We had booked a dummy date on our FIRST Disney cruise back in April. We'll be celebrating my husband's 27th Birthday ^_^

While this is our Second Disney Cruise, this will be our first trip to Castaway Cay! ^_^ We're VERY excited

Do you think our group will start a Fish Extender?
Hi! I'd be open to do a fish extender, but don't know a ton about them. It sounds fun though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: