Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #31
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Our pixie dust cup runneth over. We were this close to changing flights and doing another beach and Disneyland day each. We would have stayed at my friend's another 2 nights.

They had fires and roofs blown off, tons of power lines down and gas leaks galore. It's nuts tonight. Of course we are getting the kids pizza and going for Mexican food.

Oh wow and I am headed out on the highway to Sacramento. I am not thrilled to be going on the highway but I am driving my girls and my bff's daughter to a concert tonight. Yeehaw. Hopefully the wind will back down a bit.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #32
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh wow and I am headed out on the highway to Sacramento. I am not thrilled to be going on the highway but I am driving my girls and my bff's daughter to a concert tonight. Yeehaw. Hopefully the wind will back down a bit.

Be safe girl! You are such a good mom.

I'm working on an update already. Chloe is at a friend's, Gabby has a friend here, and DH and Joshua are watching football. I'm almost finished with the laundry. I should be scrubbing toilets but instead I am sitting in front of the tree and fire cuddled with the dogs and DH's Macbook.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 12-01-2011 at 09:50 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #33
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Looks like you got off to a great start! So did you stay in Long Beach? If so what section? What beach did you go to?

You modified you post of your itinerary, originally you were going to Westwood for a tiillitz?

Not to be nosy...just curious...
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #34
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Quote:
I wanted to share one last insight on the GCV before I start this report is proper order. This place is amazing I enjoy the total emersion that this resort offers. Riding GRR 6 times in a row and being able to run across the way and up into our villa to change into dry clothes rocks!
Yep, the GRR being right outside the door + the dryer in the villa was what had sold me on buying VGC points before I ever walked into the presentation. After every stay its hard to not want to buy more points but DH is making me wait for the DLH Villas.
If you don't mind my asking, which villa did you get? Was it 4500? We had that one last year and were blown away by the view and it looks so similar ...
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #35
DangerMouse
Dangerously Addicted to Disneyland
I guess they saw me coming at full throttle and decided I meant business
I'm in a bit of an evil mood today

Quote:
The beach looks amazing. Be glad you aren't in LA this week. There are such high winds! Crazy stuff, and definitely no fireworks, Fantasmic, or WoC for sure. I heard that there were gusts of 98 mph on one of the peaks.

The hot cocoa and cookies look so good.
We watched the fireworks on Wednesday night, and WOC last night. Not all that windy at DLR, really. I do think the fireworks were canceled last night, but it was just breezy.

Jenny, I'm having fun reading through your TR this morning before we check out of the HoJo and into the DLH. Two more days of DLR fun for us. I'm wondering if my feet and legs can take it???

DLR trips: 3/98 (Stovalls); 12/99 (Islander); 12/02 (DI); 12/03 (DI); 12/04 (Portofino); 4/05 (HoJo); 6/05 (GCH); 9/05 (HoJo); 12/05 (HoJo); 2/06 (DLH); 1/07 (HoJo); 11/07 (HoJo); 2/08 (HoJo); 4/08 (HoJo); 6/08 (Ramada Ltd.); 10/08 (PPH); 3/09 (HoJo & Club 33 Baybee!); 2/10 (HoJo); 12/11 (HoJo/DLH)
WDW Trips: 4/11 (SSR Villas) 1/13 (POR)
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #36
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Be safe girl! You are such a good mom.

I'm working on an update already. Chloe is at a friend's, Gabby has a friend here, and DH and Joshua are watching football. I'm almost finished with the laundry. I should be scrubbing toilets but instead I am sitting in front of the tree and fire cuddled with the dogs and DH's Macbook.

The wind was strong but the drive wasn't that bad. The wind warnings are down now but I don't think they told the winds. We are still having gusts of 35 mph and up. Crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
We watched the fireworks on Wednesday night, and WOC last night. Not all that windy at DLR, really. I do think the fireworks were canceled last night, but it was just breezy.

Jenny, I'm having fun reading through your TR this morning before we check out of the HoJo and into the DLH. Two more days of DLR fun for us. I'm wondering if my feet and legs can take it???

Oh wow that's great. I am glad to hear that. I was thinking how awful it would be to there and have such heavy winds. I hope the rest of your trip is great.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #37
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I love your title.

You had a great view. I can't wait to hear more.

P.S You have inspired me to start up my own tr again. I am going to try to get an update up in the next few days.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #38
rentayenta

Let me start by saying I had mouth surgery today so pardon any typos, blame the Lortab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Looks like you got off to a great start! So did you stay in Long Beach? If so what section? What beach did you go to?
My bff lives on the Garden Grove/Seal Beach border and we stayed with her pre-Disney. I went to CSULB and worked at Legends in Belmont Shore forever. I miss the LBC. We went to Newport and Seal beaches. How I ended up in Utah is beyond me. I'm away from two of my biggest non-family loves: Disneyland and the beach.

Quote:
You modified you post of your itinerary, originally you were going to Westwood for a tiillitz?

Not to be nosy...just curious...

I like nosy! A tallit is a prayer shawl. DD is having her bat mitzvah this May. Our rabbi's family own a Jewish store in Westwood and orginally we were going to buy her tallit there. She has now decided she wants a Disney themed one. I am currently looking for material to have it made. I'm going to buy a plain white one and then have it decorated around the top with whatever Mickey material she finds. I just love her idea and it will be meaning and personal to her. Her bat mitzvah gift will be our mega WDW trip next October. She chose that over a big party and I couldn't be happier. We are also bringing her bff with us to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Yep, the GRR being right outside the door + the dryer in the villa was what had sold me on buying VGC points before I ever walked into the presentation. After every stay its hard to not want to buy more points but DH is making me wait for the DLH Villas.
If you don't mind my asking, which villa did you get? Was it 4500? We had that one last year and were blown away by the view and it looks so similar ...

The entrance to DCA from the GCV cannot be beat. It floors me everytime we get to go in/out of it. Even my kids, at their young ages, appreciated the proximity stating more than once how totally cool it was. I am currently researching our 2012 WDW trip and when I told DH we are borrowing he said that we'll just have to add on at the GCV. I think I love him more today than yesterday. We were on the 4th floor near the elevators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post

I'm so glad you got to see them. How's the trip? I'm sorry we missed you.

Quote:

Power through! I can't wait to read about your vacation and to this report. I'm glad you're here. Can't wait to see your DLH pics. How was the HoJo?

Quote:
The wind was strong but the drive wasn't that bad. The wind warnings are down now but I don't think they told the winds. We are still having gusts of 35 mph and up. Crazy.

Whew! On my way to surgery this morning we saw tons of signs and trees and damage all over. We lucked out; our lights didn't even flicker. The periodontist assistant said her fence was demolished and she found her swamp cooler on her driveway.

Did the kids enjoy the concert?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #40
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm here and loving it so far! I have serious beach envy at the moment, not to mention holidays at GCV!

The beach was perfect. So Cal was about 10* above normal during our stay. Are you getting ready for the holidays? How's the shopping coming along?

Old 12-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #41
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Let me start by saying I had mouth surgery today so pardon any typos, blame the Lortab.

My bff lives on the Garden Grove/Seal Beach border and we stayed with her pre-Disney. I went to CSULB and worked at Legends in Belmont Shore forever. I miss the LBC. We went to Newport and Seal beaches. How I ended up in Utah is beyond me. I'm away from two of my biggest non-family loves: Disneyland and the beach.

I like nosy! A tallit is a prayer shawl. DD is having her bat mitzvah this May. Our rabbi's family own a Jewish store in Westwood and orginally we were going to buy her tallit there. She has now decided she wants a Disney themed one. I am currently looking for material to have it made. I'm going to buy a plain white one and then have it decorated around the top with whatever Mickey material she finds. I just love her idea and it will be meaning and personal to her. Her bat mitzvah gift will be our mega WDW trip next October. She chose that over a big party and I couldn't be happier. We are also bringing her bff with us to WDW.

The entrance to DCA from the GCV cannot be beat. It floors me everytime we get to go in/out of it. Even my kids, at their young ages, appreciated the proximity stating more than once how totally cool it was. I am currently researching our 2012 WDW trip and when I told DH we are borrowing he said that we'll just have to add on at the GCV. I think I love him more today than yesterday. We were on the 4th floor near the elevators.

I'm so glad you got to see them. How's the trip? I'm sorry we missed you.

Power through! I can't wait to read about your vacation and to this report. I'm glad you're here. Can't wait to see your DLH pics. How was the HoJo?

Whew! On my way to surgery this morning we saw tons of signs and trees and damage all over. We lucked out; our lights didn't even flicker. The periodontist assistant said her fence was demolished and she found her swamp cooler on her driveway.

Did the kids enjoy the concert?

We were lucky, but I guess it was our turn to luck out. We had a wind storm in March and lost part of our roof, and then on November 1 we lost part of our fence. Santa Cruz really got hit bad from what I am hearing. They still have no power to a lot of the town.

Yes, they did. My bff and I had fun too. We went to an Ulta and she got a make over and bought lots of make up.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:17 PM   #42
rentayenta

Quote:
We were lucky, but I guess it was our turn to luck out. We had a wind storm in March and lost part of our roof, and then on November 1 we lost part of our fence. Santa Cruz really got hit bad from what I am hearing. They still have no power to a lot of the town.

Yes, they did. My bff and I had fun too. We went to an Ulta and she got a make over and bought lots of make up.

What's an Ulta? Glad you all had a good night.

One of my dear friends lives in Santa Cruz and she lost power for a good part of yesterday but no major damage. Mother Nature seems collectively pissed at all of us.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #43
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
What's an Ulta? Glad you all had a good night.

One of my dear friends lives in Santa Cruz and she lost power for a good part of yesterday but no major damage. Mother Nature seems collectively pissed at all of us.

An Ulta is the ultimate shop women. Or men that like the finer things. They have make up, body care products, hair products, they even have a beauty salon in. They have a huge Bare Essentials section where they do your make up. I believe they own Bare Essentials. I could spend tons of money in there, I didn't think their prices are that bad. They have every brand of make up known to woman kind.

Mother Nature is definitely pissed off.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #44
rentayenta

Quote:
An Ulta is the ultimate shop women. Or men that like the finer things. They have make up, body care products, hair products, they even have a beauty salon in. They have a huge Bare Essentials section where they do your make up. I believe they own Bare Essentials. I could spend tons of money in there, I didn't think their prices are that bad. They have every brand of make up known to woman kind.

Mother Nature is definitely pissed off.

I want an Ulta. Gabby uses Bare Essentials. Our local Penney's has a Sephora in it so we buy her stuff there. She is like you and could go crazy. My make up kit consists Burt's Bees lip balm. But I do love my lotions and body care products.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #45
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I want an Ulta. Gabby uses Bare Essentials. Our local Penney's has a Sephora in it so we buy her stuff there. She is like you and could go crazy. My make up kit consists Burt's Bees lip balm. But I do love my lotions and body care products.

They have a ton of Burt's Bees stuff in it too. I was amazed when I saw all of the different Burt's Bees stuff I didn't realize there were so many different products in that line. I am not a make up wearer, I wear very little but Kacy loves make up. They didn't have just make up though they had all sorts of body care products.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: