Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #61
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Just want to clarify, you are not recommending the Space Needle, but you are pointing out the other attractions you do recommend are all located at the Seattle Center where the Space Needle is located.

You are recommending Ride the Ducks, The Children's Museum, Pacific Science Center and the EMP which are also all located at the Space Center?
Sorry--I wrote that badly. I don't necessarily recommend the Space Needle. However, Ride The Ducks, The Children's Museum, the Pacific Science Center and EMP are all located at Seattle Center, very close to the Space Needle, and I would recommend any or all of those activities

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #62
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
the Space Center is across the street
One small point of clarification--I think you mean Seattle Center, not the Space Center.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #63
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Does SEA have a hotel that is attached to the terminal similar to the way Hyatt is right inside MCO?
My parents are considering this sailing with us but my dad really prefers non-stop flights. The only ones from Philly are on USAirways which is just 1 per day, arriving 9pm which will feel like midnight ET. There's a Marriott 1/2 mile from SEA but I'm hoping for something attached. I found SEA's website and doesn't mention any but I'm hopeful locals know.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #64
Caropooh
POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!
I LOVE wiggling my kids teeth!
Drives a braille van

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Does SEA have a hotel that is attached to the terminal similar to the way Hyatt is right inside MCO?
My parents are considering this sailing with us but my dad really prefers non-stop flights. The only ones from Philly are on USAirways which is just 1 per day, arriving 9pm which will feel like midnight ET. There's a Marriott 1/2 mile from SEA but I'm hoping for something attached. I found SEA's website and doesn't mention any but I'm hopeful locals know.
No hotel attached to the airport. There is a hotel right next to it and across the street though.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #65
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if mobility impairments are part of the issue, but if they are, the Holiday Inn Express Inn and Suites has a wheelchair accessible airport shuttle, and they are quite prompt.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #66
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellers View Post
I don't know if mobility impairments are part of the issue, but if they are, the Holiday Inn Express Inn and Suites has a wheelchair accessible airport shuttle, and they are quite prompt.
Thanks anyway. They don't need wheelchairs all the time, just for extremely long walks like wdw. I worry that midnight is waaay past my dad's bedtime and that's assuming their flight is on time. I will be canceling SWA flights to Cali, changing to SEA, so we won't be arriving until the next day. SWA doesn't offer non-stops or my parents would fly with us. I need to use up my SWA credits so I can't fly non-stop with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caropooh View Post
No hotel attached to the airport. There is a hotel right next to it and across the street though.
Which are those? The closer, the better.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #67
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One small point of clarification--I think you mean Seattle Center, not the Space Center.
I meant Seattle Center (will go fix that) That is what happens when you are also planning a post cruise trip to Kennedy Space Center near Port Canaveral, lol.
Skye
Old 01-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #68
CousinVinny
Earning My Ears

We're going in late June. We took the three-day Caribbean cruise on the Wonder in December 2009 and can't wait!

For those of you considering the train option across the north: we live in Chicago and considered the Amtrak option on the Empire Builder, but spring flooding in North Dakota and the rising water level in Devil's Lake really eliminated that option, as Amtrak regularly suspends service between St. Paul and Bozeman, Montana in late spring / early summer. So we're probably flying.

Also, one place we plan on hitting while in Seattle before our departure date is the Archie McPhee store; maybe we'll pick up some goo-gaws for the cruise, since there will be 9 kids in our family party. The last time I was in Seattle, the store was in the Ballard neighborhood but it has moved to the Wallingford area. It looks fairly easy to get to the new location from downtown on the bus, though.
CousinVinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #69
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not absolutely certain (and if I am wrong, somebody please correct me immediately), but I believe the closest is the Red Lion Inn:

http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator...aspx?metaID=44

Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #70
Caropooh
POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!
I LOVE wiggling my kids teeth!
Drives a braille van

Quote:
Thanks anyway. They don't need wheelchairs all the time, just for extremely long walks like wdw. I worry that midnight is waaay past my dad's bedtime and that's assuming their flight is on time. I will be canceling SWA flights to Cali, changing to SEA, so we won't be arriving until the next day. SWA doesn't offer non-stops or my parents would fly with us. I need to use up my SWA credits so I can't fly non-stop with them.

Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport and Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport are both across the street.
http://www.radisson.com/seattle-hotel-wa-98188/waseatac

Coast Gateway Hotel Sea Tac is next to the airport.
http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/us...teway/overview

If you do a hotel search for Sea Tac, you'll find the hotels closest to the airport. That's the city the airport is actually in.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #71
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not absolutely certain (and if I am wrong, somebody please correct me immediately), but I believe the closest is the Red Lion Inn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caropooh View Post
Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport and Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport are both across the street.
http://www.radisson.com/seattle-hotel-wa-98188/waseatac

Coast Gateway Hotel Sea Tac is next to the airport.
http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/us...teway/overview

If you do a hotel search for Sea Tac, you'll find the hotels closest to the airport. That's the city the airport is actually in.
thanks! I did a quick search last night and found there are a few very close & would be an easy walk if not for luggage. I'm checking out the Hilton but will check your suggestions too.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #72
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks! I did a quick search last night and found there are a few very close & would be an easy walk if not for luggage. I'm checking out the Hilton but will check your suggestions too.
When you check, be sure to check shuttle hours as well. Some shuttles end at midnight, and that's cutting it close if I understand their itinerary correctly. I know the Red Lion has a 24 hour shuttle.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #73
mellers
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at any of these places, so I can't speak to the quality, but I just received an email from Best Western touting some special internet-only rates for some Seattle-area hotels. The Best Western Executive Inn might be of note for those traveling to or from Vancouver for a cruise--there's a bus (http://www.quickcoach.com/ ) that stops there which will take you to or from the Vancouver, BC or Bellingham, WA airport, and downtown Vancouver, BC hotels. Both the Executive Inn and the Loyal Inn are near Seattle Center, and the third hotel is near the airport:

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwest...moCode=WEBONLY

Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #74
lucky1
Face Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinVinny View Post

Also, one place we plan on hitting while in Seattle before our departure date is the Archie McPhee store; maybe we'll pick up some goo-gaws for the cruise, since there will be 9 kids in our family party. The last time I was in Seattle, the store was in the Ballard neighborhood but it has moved to the Wallingford area. It looks fairly easy to get to the new location from downtown on the bus, though.
If you go to Archie McPhee, just walk up the street a couple of blocks and go to Molly Moon ice cream. It is the best ice cream with some unique flavors. We had driven past Archie McPhees lots of time and didn't stop there until this past summer visit. Just wasn't that excited about it and didn't find anything unique.
lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #75
twinstars
Mouseketeer

Hi, can someone local or is familiar with the Hyatt Place comment on the quality of this hotel and its location to the port? Thanks!
Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
110 6th Avenue North
Seattle, Washington, USA
twinstars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, seattle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: