Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #31
discrazy2
Earning My Ears

Hi Paula! I'm a NJ mom planning to take my family (DH, DD-15 yrs old, and DS-13 yrs old) to Paris and DLP next summer to celebrate my big b-day. Looking forward to reading about your adventure and getting ideas for our trip.

Wilderness Lodge 2005
Caribbean Beach 2005
Port Orleans Frech Quarter 2006
Old Key West 2007
Beach Club Villas 2008
Beach Club Villas 2009
Disneyland Hotel 2010
Old Key West 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter 2012
Old Key West 2012
Off Site 2013
Yacht Club 2013
Coronado Springs 2014
Beach Club 2014
discrazy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #32
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvCrush View Post
Hi Stace!! So happy you are here!!! The polar bears haven't moved into your backyard yet for the winter have they??
We haven't even really had snow yet P...wet flurries overnight a few weeks ago but they didn't stick around - that's been it! If I'm not careful my igloo will melt and I'll have to sell my pet moose!

Quote:
They were working on the teminal and we could not pull up to a gate. So we had to exit the plane outside on the stairs. Ellie was so excited... she kept saying.. I feel like the President!!! I don't know about the President... but I personally didn't feel too welcome as we were led into a dingy barely lit basement and stairwell But we came out unscathed!
I agree with Ellie! The last time I came out of a plane down the stairs and on the runway was when I moved home from Alberta. A bunch of my friends and family were waiting in the terminal - I felt like the Beatles!

I'm glad your flights went well! A good flight always gets things off to a smooth start! And shuttle service that you can rely on is always a good thing!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #33
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi LL! So glad you enjoyed them I'll have a bunch of different ones in the report. The ones on FB was mostly for Ellie to show off to her friends! How's the 'baby baking' going... you feeling good???
I really did enjoy the pictures. I'm wondering if I can convince Marc that I should take Violet to Paris for her 13th birthday....

I'm feeling really good right now. The morning sickness at the beginning was pretty awful but now I'm good.
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #34
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

YAY for a smooth arrival!!! I don't know how I would handle that long of a flight but it sounds like it was really nice!!! Can't wait to hear what you thought of your hotel!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #35
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I'm going to try very hard to get the next post up here on Sunday evening!!

I wanted to do it tonite... but the girls wanted to decoate.... so, at least I accomplished something today
ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #36
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

signing on.... also doing london/paris/dlp on our own this year!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #37
lilwitch646
Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

May I have the honor of saying what an awesome mom you are? Truly! I think that's a great idea for a birthday present, and the fact that she saved for three years to go! Amazing!

I'm truly looking forward to reading your trip report. I can't wait to hear how your trip went. I hope you two enjoyed yourselves.

Grand Floridian 5/92 :: OKW 5/93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 12 :: DCL 4/00 :: BCV 7/09 :: Food and Wine OKW 10/09, 10/13 :: Family Christmas OKW 12/10 :: Brother's 21st Birthday BWV 5/11 :: Vero 12/11, 5/13 :: Brother's 22nd Birthday BWV 5/12 :: Disney's Magic Canadian Cruise 8/12 :: OKW 9/12 :: Food and Wine BWV 11/12 :: Law School Graduation AKV 1/13

lilwitch646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #38
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Joining in. I just asked my dd (who is 6) where she would want to go if we took a trip together. Her answer was the beach at Disney World.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #39
disneykid123
Mouseketeer

I look forward to the rest of your TR!

disneykid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #40
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

Day 1... Part 1

Thanks for hanging in there everyone!! Sorry it took so long to get this installment up! Life has a way of interfering with my DIS-time

Anyhoo... I left off the travel day post, stating that we used Tio Shuttle to whisk us to our hotel!! The ride there was very comfortable, and we were really excited to get to see some of the landmarks off in the distance as we rode!

It took about 30 minutes before we arrived at our hotel, Hotel Lion d'Or.

From the outside, it was exactly as I was expecting! We went inside, and the reception clerk was very nice, and quickly switched over to English, once she realized who we were and were not fully understanding everything she was saying lol!

We recieved our room keys very quickly.... and were on our way to settle in!

Now, when I reserved this hotel, there were some negative reviews. Almost ALL the poor reviews involved the complaints that there was no elevators and construction/remodelling noise... There were also some poor reviews stating the rooms were 'old' So I made the decision, that we could walk up a few flights of stairs, in exchange for having a large, centrally located room!! Plus... in a city that WAS hundreds and hundreds of years old... I felt that an older room was sort of a given! Besides..we weren't going to Paris to sit in our room anyway!

Our room was on the 2nd floor.... which for us Americans, is actually the 3rd floor, because we start with '1' and not 'ground' floor! It was a struggle lugging our bags (2 large suitcases plus a carryon and purse for each of us!) up all those steps! But it was managable! Finally we reached our room... we were very pleasantly suprised at how nice it was! Sure... there were some divits/dents in the floor... the windows were a bit old... and the soft goods were very simple.. BUT it was CLEAN! Which in my book, trumps the rest! The beds were comfortable... the shower had good pressure and was hot... and we had toms of space! I usually consider myself a 4 star kind of gal... but honestly, this place didn't have the bells and whistles (not even a phone!) but it felt like home!

Here's some photos of the room! The 2nd full sized bed is actually lofted. It didn't have a boxspring or frame... just a matress in the loft... but Ellie saidit was very very comfortable!

We got freshened up, and wen't off to find a snack! We were both needing a little sugar as a pick-me-up!

So we headeed off down the street toward the Tullieries Gardens! They certainally weren't hard to find... because they are enormous! It was only about a 5 minute walk. It was a little cloudy, but it didn't feel like rain. So I did take a few photos, but I'll have nicer ones later in the report!

We found a little cafe in the garden, so we had a seat, and Ellie had a Coke (Coca-Cola, as we had to call it, since the term Coke isn't used lol!) and I had a Hot Chocolate. Both of which tasted SO MUCH BETTER in Paris! Actually, neither of us can stand drinking a Coke since we got home!! And our Swiss Miss.. blech! No comparision!

After our little snack, we went back to our room so Ellie could change and grab a jacket. It was much cooler than we had expected!

Our evening wasn't over yet.... actually, the adventure was really just beginning! Next time... I'll tell you all about us getting lost... our1st dining experience... and an evening cruise on the Seine!
ILuvCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #42
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow. So pretty! And what a great use of space with the loft bed. I agree, clean trumps the rest. Glad the hotel worked out. Looking forward to hearing about your first dinner!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #43
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Location: sur les cases bleues du monopoly -1 mile from Disneyland Paris

Quote:
We found a little cafe in the garden, so we had a seat, and Ellie had a Coke (Coca-Cola, as we had to call it, since the term Coke isn't used lol!) and I had a Hot Chocolate. Both of which tasted SO MUCH BETTER in Paris! Actually, neither of us can stand drinking a Coke since we got home!! And our Swiss Miss.. blech! No comparision!
That's because our Coca's are made with real sugar and not the HFCS that you have in the US.

If you want the same flavour I think it's the Mexican coca's that are made with real sugar if you get them in your state

Look forward to the rest

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #44
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I think your hotel looks very cozy! I'm sure dragging the bags up was totally worth having all that space!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #45
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Wow!! That's all I have to say! It's so pretty! I cannot wait to hear more! I bet the hot chocolate was super delicious!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: