Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

"CONGRATULATIONS!" "THANK YOU!" A Bride & Groom Disneymoon! UPDATED: 1/19

Hello Fellow DIS'ERS!

Welcome to my very first Trip Report!

I have been apart of the boards for a while now, but mainly in the Wedding section as I was busy planning my Disney Themed at Home Wedding on November 11, 2011. I will just touch on the wedding briefly here, just to kick off the trip report, but if you want to read more my planning journal is linked in my signature!

I have always been fond of the trip reports section, as most of you probably helped, influenced, and planned my honeymoon! So I thought I would return the favor and hopefully help someone else plan their own Disney vacation, as well as provide some entertainment of our crazy antics!

This was my first Disney trip without my family, and one that I planned entirely by myself! Also with me not being to Disney in 8 years (I know! For Shame!! ) I was curious to see how everything would work out! I am a crazy planner and had apps, folders, print-outs, emails, everything I thought I would need just in case!

First Introductions!

My name is Amber. I am 27, just recently married and currently reside in Charleston, SC but am originally from Texas! I love everything Disney (obviously), as well as some love for my man Harry Potter, candles and Back to the Future. I collect chopsticks and tea pots and love being outdoors, cooking and love traveling, especially to theme parks! I love the Fall, and hope to one day travel to Japan and Egypt! I am now hooked on Pin Trading thanks to my Brother! Music, movies, and playing video and computer games are where most of my free time is spent, the rest is spent taking care of my handful husky Sora who is almost 3!

Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Disney Character: Pluto
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Disney Ride/Attraction: Big Thunder Mountain / Tower of Terror
Favorite Disney Restaurant: Ohana

Thomas a newly married man works as a Software Engineer. He is slowly becoming Disney-ifed like Amber, but knows how to support her obsession in the meantime. He is adventurous and very outdoorsy! Eventually wants to do International traveling and see the world. Loves everything Tech and video and computer games as well as movies and music as well. Loves to try beers and wines especially Fall flavors. Thomas is also now hooked on Pin Trading!

Favorite Disney Movie: The Lion King
Favorite Disney Character: Gaston
Favorite Disney Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Disney Ride/Attraction: Toy Story Mania
Favorite Disney Restaurant: Ohana

Our Honeymoon Itinerary

We stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter on the Deluxe Dining Plan from November 12-19th.

Dining Credits= 42 credits total
Snack Credits= 28 credits total

Saturday-November 12 (MK Day)

Ohana Dinner- 5:00pm
Tomorrowland Dessert Party- 9:00pm

Sunday- November 13 (Epcot Day)

Askershus Princess Breakfast- 8:15am
Coral Reef Lunch- 1:30pm
Tokyo Dining- 7:30 pm

Monday- November 14 (Hollywood Studios Day)

Sci-Fi Dine-In- 12:05pm
California Grill- 7:30 pm

Tuesday- November 15th (Animal Kingdom Day)

Donald Tusker House Breakfast- 8:05am
Yaki & Yeti- 1:30pm
Jiko- 8:20pm

Wednesday- November 16th (Hollywood Studios / Epcot Day)

Mama Melrose Fantasmic Lunch- 1:35pm
Le Cellier Dinner- 7:45pm

Thursday- November 17th ( Animal Kingdom / Hollywood Studios Day)

Flame Tree BBQ
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue- 8:30pm

Friday- November 18th (Magic Kingdom Day / Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party)

Crystal Palace Breakfast- 8:10am
Cinderella's Royal Table- 5:20pm

Saturday- November 19th (Magic Kingdom / Epcot Day)

Chef Mickey's- 11:00am

Coming Up:

*Planning the Trip!

1. The Wedding
2. The Honeymoon Kick-Off!
3. Will We Make Our Ohana Reservation!?
4. What Room Did We Get?

Last edited by sw33t_angel; 01-19-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Sounds FUN!! And Congrats.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Mamapapa
Married to a Disney-Hater... :(

I'm hooked already. Sounds like fun! Hope there will be lots of pictures.....
2008 - POLY (1st "Family of Three" Trip) <> 2011 - PopCentury (Hurricane Irene) <> 2012 - POFQ (Mother/Daughter Trip!!) <> 2013 - Dream Cruise, 1 day MK <> 2014 - AKL (with Grandma!!) <> 2015 - 2 Rooms/AoA (1st "Family of 5" Trip)
Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Awe! Congrats!!! 11/11/11 was a VERY popular wedding date and I had a friend IRL on her Honeymoon in the area (she didn't do a full Disney Honeymoon- but did hit up the parks for one day... ). Can't wait for the TR! I'll pop on and off... can't stay on too long with 2 little princesses that need food and such!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I'm in!! We got the Mr/Mrs pins too!!

I LOL'd at the Congratulations.... Thank you! It was getting nuts after a while, lol. I even had a random cast member grab my left arm to see my rings, lol.

Can't wait to read all about it!!
Old 11-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 11-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Looking forward to your TR!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
lilsqueakrr
DIS Veteran

i'm here! I'm here! I'm here! <3

fairytale comes true

member of the fab 5
Planning Journal Trip Report 2010*
Old 11-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing! How lucky to get married on 11/11/11.

Also huskies are my favorite; there's a really sweet one next door who is practically my best friend from escaping into our yard so much. Is he named after Sora from Kingdom Hearts?
Old 11-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #10
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaAlley View Post
Sounds FUN!! And Congrats.

Thank you!! It was SO much fun!! Can't wait to share!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamapapa View Post
I'm hooked already. Sounds like fun! Hope there will be lots of pictures.....

Welcome!! We got picture happy, so no worries on the lack of pics! We took 400+ alone just with our cameras and 400+ on our photopass!! Hope you like pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Awe! Congrats!!! 11/11/11 was a VERY popular wedding date and I had a friend IRL on her Honeymoon in the area (she didn't do a full Disney Honeymoon- but did hit up the parks for one day... ). Can't wait for the TR! I'll pop on and off... can't stay on too long with 2 little princesses that need food and such!
It was!! I didn't expect it to be that popular!! Most of the couples we ran into shared our date! All except one who was married on 11/12. I might have seen your fellow bride running around somewhere! We were all over the place! So glad I could get my date though!!

Well thanks for stopping by!! Keep up with those princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
I'm in!! We got the Mr/Mrs pins too!!

I LOL'd at the Congratulations.... Thank you! It was getting nuts after a while, lol. I even had a random cast member grab my left arm to see my rings, lol.

Can't wait to read all about it!!
Yay!! Welcome!! Those were the first pins we bought!! Thomas did threaten several times to trade his Mr. pin away if the right pin came along! Luckily he was joking... at least I think so.. haha he became pin obsessed!!

I have never been congratulated so much for anything in my whole life!! It was awesome! My throat was sore the entire trip from all the "Thank Yous!" We had one group of guys literally scream CONGRATULATIONS every time they saw us at DHS! Which was at least 8+ times!! Only at Disney!!

Can't wait to stalk your report too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing
Yay! Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRomance View Post
Looking forward to your TR!
Awww thanks! Glad to have you on board!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsqueakrr View Post
i'm here! I'm here! I'm here! <3
Hello Love!! Stalk away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing! How lucky to get married on 11/11/11.

Also huskies are my favorite; there's a really sweet one next door who is practically my best friend from escaping into our yard so much. Is he named after Sora from Kingdom Hearts?
Welcome!! I am so lucky to have had my date!

LOVE huskies!! She is a handful for sure! YES!!! Sora from Kingdom Hearts!! (love that game!!) Even though she is a female, I just had to give her that name! No exceptions!

Here she is!

Old 11-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

So just a quick background on the trip and planning, touch or two on the wedding, and then DISNEY!

I got engaged June 2010, after dating Thomas for a little less than 8 years and had already been envisioning what I wanted for my wedding. I had always wanted to get married in Disney ever since I was a little girl, but we are both big family people and we did not want to limit our guest list due to cost, so what better than to have a Disney themed affair! Thomas was on board from the beginning and loved the idea, so I took off!

Now the honeymoon was not much effort to decide, as we are both not huge beach and resort people so naturally a theme park was a perfect fit. Plus we were carrying on both family traditions as my parents, Thomas' parents, and my brother and sister-in-law had all chosen the Mouse as their Honeymoon destination, so it was meant to be!

I had planned several trips to various places like Snowboard trips and Universal, but never a Disney trip alone. Luckily my Brother who is also Disney obsessed knew all the details about the dining plans and first introduced me to the Dis boards! I became obsessed with dining and trip reports and researched every resort and restaurant.

We booked a King room at the Port Orleans-French Quarter early Jan. 2011 and I took off my ADR day so to make sure I could book exactly 180 days out as I had several "must haves" that had to fit into my perfectly orchestrated plan. Fast forward- I got all of my ADRs with no problem including the Fireworks Dessert Party, Fantasmic Dining, and Hoop-Dee-Doo!

So the perfect honeymoon was booked, paid off, and waiting for us on November 12, we just needed to have the perfect wedding! It was amazing!

Beautiful southern setting at a golf course country club at 4:00pm on a chilly November 11th, with Mickey inspired touches everywhere! (I made almost everything for the wedding: invites, centerpieces, table names) My colors were black and teal. Here are just a few guest pictures and sample professionals (I will add more when I get my professional pictures!)

(Hidden Mickeys in my bouquet and in the boutineers)

(Mickey Mouse Ear Cupcakes!)

We partied until around 10 and left for our stay in the Hampton Inn for the night and planned to get up around 5:30am to start our journey to the World!

Up Next:

"What do you mean we are going to get THERE at FIVE!?!?!"

Do we make Ohana and any room pixie dust?!

Last edited by sw33t_angel; 11-23-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #12
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Wonderful TR so far! What a beautiful wedding you had! I love the photos! And your dress is beautiful.

Your bouquet is so pretty! I love the hidden Mickeys and the Mickey key on it! The way you encorporated Disney into everything is great! I would love a wedding like that.

Can't wait for your next update, especially the meals! We ate at a lot of the places you did.

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 11-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #13
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Joining in, beautiful wedding photos! Congratulations. Can't wait to hear about your trip!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 11-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
vikkii19
Mouseketeer

We were there at the same time and we saw you guys more than once. How weird is that. I noticed you guys on Wednesday when we were waiting for our 1:45pm reservation at Mama Melrose and the waiting area was packed. I noticed because you had the wedding ears on and my husband and I went on our honeymoon 2 years ago and wore them on our trip.

We were at the same parks pretty much every day. I noticed you guys again on Friday morning at the Crystal Palace, we had reservations for 8:05am and said to my husband "look it's the honeymooners again...how cute".

Can't wait to hear how your trip went.

Me(31) DH(30)DD (2)
Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
stich626
Mouseketeer

What cute touches to your big day! subscribing so I can hear more.

Is it October yet?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: