Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #46
Dormeur
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I send you a message asking you something.
I read your and I wondered if it was possible that I translated, for three girls who want to travel with me in a few years can understand?
I would write just on Facebook, and we would be only 4 to read it.

I'm sorry if I made ​​mistakes, I am Swiss!

Good day!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #47
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormeur View Post
Hello!

I send you a message asking you something.
I read your and I wondered if it was possible that I translated, for three girls who want to travel with me in a few years can understand?
I would write just on Facebook, and we would be only 4 to read it.

I'm sorry if I made ​​mistakes, I am Swiss!

Good day!
Hi and
When are you going to Disney? with who?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 PM   #48
Dormeur
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Hi and
When are you going to Disney? with who?
I go in a few years. (4-5)
We are four Disneyfan girls and their families. We are looking for TR to illustrate Florida, but we do not find many in French. So I came up there, and I would like them translated.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #49
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Use what you can and let us know if you have questions!!!

otherwise the boards are not being friendly acting very screwy!!!

so i am going to go threw my pictures for animal Kingdom and post tomorrow!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #50
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
can you find the leopard?

IDK. Is it hiding behind the cheetahs?

(Sorry - couldn't resist.)

And shouldn't you have said...."Can you SPOT the leopard!"

Thank you! I'll be here all week! Try the veal!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
Old 12-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #51
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

We are back on... Photoshop and I are not getting along right now.. so the pictures are pretty raw..
After EpERcot we headed back to the POR settled the kids down Meg wanted the the trundle bed and the boys took the bed part. I will say i wasn't crazy about the lay out of the room. i like the sofabed... Crashed out.

**I don't understand this and if someone can please explain it i would love it. Why am i always up before anyone? I mean at home the kids are up as soon as the first light can even rise! in Disney? No so much. i never really had an issue waking them up becuase they were just as excited to get out and see the sights and play but GEEZ PEOPLE! Sleep at home!!**
being the first up and about went to get coffee and go my Smoking spot which I LOVED.

how can you not?? talk about relaxing? i met quite a few people in this spot and had great conversations with them!!
so by the time i walked back to the hotel Matt and Zack were awake. so i had them Jump on Hubby... that'll teach him to over sleep, and Meg. was PRETENDING to sleep which mean i pull her by her feet out of the "bed" (AKA mattress 1' thick on the floor.)
we have to go Meet Donald for BREAKFAST!!!
on a side note.. When making these ressies i was scared to death over the food at tusker house. again i am from Chicago. Home of the Blues. I have had soul food. I like it.. I'm a loud mouth south side irish girl. like i am not going to Ireland for the food.. ya know? African food? all that is going threw my head is the Ethiopians.. i know they aren't eating well...
im not picky. i will try anything.. we did akershuh last year... HATED the lunch.. dessert and drinks were good. but African food? But hey i'll play along..
so here we go with Pictures...

i love the tree...

we did the safari before the Tusker house which i have Loads of pictures..
mmmmm hummmmmm.. still isn't screaming GREAT FOOD LIES THREW THIS ARCH..

too bright of a picture.

still trees are cool:

walkin the 'Q' for safari yes she has purple and pink extensions in her hair...

pretty...

Nicole actually LET me take a picture of her!

to close for comfort

Hippo eating watermelon

gaggle of Hippos???

cont. on next post...
Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #52
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Running Giraffe!!!!

peek a boo..

I really like this picture.. I can't wait to "fix" it up a bit. Lighting and shadows.

then had to take a picture of Hubby...

JUST KIDDING!! he give me crap about the sea gull at Nemo "MINE MINE" said they are me.. so he got this.

last years pictures are way better of the elephants..i will dig them up..

can you find the CHEETAH? (thanks Skier Pete) ha ha ha ha ha

Took me forever! thank God for a zoom lens!! Yes photoshop and i are still not on good terms... ladies and gentlemen... a wooly mammoth! bet you didn't know THAT was on the ride...

ok now our whole crew is jumping up and down the LIONS ARE AWAKE and Moving! of course i only got his 'good side' ugh. Males.

that was very exciting...
cont........

Last edited by Chicago Mo; 12-02-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #53
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Told you there were going to be a lot of pictures...
Pumba!

he wanted to come home with me..

i love the white on their noses. reminds me a sable sheltie!!!

on to MY FAVORITE Pictures of the trip (besides the castle.)

watch our for the...

forgot to change the setting on the camera.. oops

so now tis time to eat.... still thinking thank GOODNESS i am not a breakfast person. plus i'm allergic to eggs.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #54
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No S&^T that's a cheetah??? hold that thought.....
How did my post end up in front of your original post?? is it because we're in different time zones? I wouldn't think so as I'm ahead of you. These boards are acting goofy lately.

I also wanted to mention regarding Ethiopian Food. I've made that joke myself, but a few years back a friend took us out to an Ethiopian restaurant in Washington DC...and it was FANTASTIC. We later tried one in Toronto and also loved it. It's very niche-ethic of course, but living near Chicago you probably have some there as well. If you are ever feeling daring, I highly recommend it. (It's not particular spicy-hot, but very flavorful, mostly various stew-like dishes that you eat with a special bread that's very soft.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
Old 12-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #55
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post

No S&^T that's a cheetah??? hold that thought.....
Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #56
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

FIXED!!!!!

Thanks for that!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #57
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How did my post end up in front of your original post?? is it because we're in different time zones? I wouldn't think so as I'm ahead of you. These boards are acting goofy lately.

I also wanted to mention regarding Ethiopian Food. I've made that joke myself, but a few years back a friend took us out to an Ethiopian restaurant in Washington DC...and it was FANTASTIC. We later tried one in Toronto and also loved it. It's very niche-ethic of course, but living near Chicago you probably have some there as well. If you are ever feeling daring, I highly recommend it. (It's not particular spicy-hot, but very flavorful, mostly various stew-like dishes that you eat with a special bread that's very soft.
I was wondering about the posts thing as well, so i went back to make sure my posts are in order?!? Got me..
Seriously Ethiopian food is GOOD?!?!?! again when i think Ethiopia im thinking more horrible living standards? i have to find a restaurant!!!

Let me bring those cross breed Cheetah/leopard for you too...

on closer inspection...
I still have no clue what it is. A large spotted cat.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #58
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple of better pictures..

Her lioness

still love his eyes

we had a little bit of a wait for our table at Tusker but in the mean while we got to visit with Donald...

I wish i could post the pictures from photopass!!! they are great. we did TONS of the magic shots. the kids favorite are each of them holding baby Simba!
Speaking of. I have no idea how to order them.. I pre-ordered the cd want to order all the pictures.. is there a way to do that? do i have to pick each one individually? which "version" do i choose?!?! very confused, I might call them in a few.
so any how back to Donald sorry for the questions...

Monkey pile on Donald!!

Yet Disney NEVER ceases to amaze me with the eye for detail such a visual overload

this bird was cool..

then this guy came out to say hello.

ok so now was time to go for the food! it was YUMMY!!! everyone RAVED about the juice. (not a mango fan but liked that too) i was pleasantly surprised.. maybe becuase MOST of the food was American!! I did try (told you i would try anything) some of the food i was not familiar with and enjoyed the WHOLE bit!!! Definitely recommend!
then came these GOOFS!

don't know why Mickey finds this hand jester appropriate ...

has anyone figured out my Daughter's theme with pictures? the head tilt? EVERY picture i have of her??

she was my favorite. She and Mickey kept "arguing" because they kept bumping into each other which was rather comical!!!

Cont....
Old 12-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #59
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]to my surprise it was time to wake the sun??? i thought the sun was already out??
so Meghan did a parade with Mickey with African Instruments which were pretty cool. the boys went off to either the bathroom or more food!!

she'll do almost anything! she is not afraid of much!
So we are done waking up the sun parading with Mickey making noise with African music instruments and FILLED bellies. GOD LOVE the CM who gave me a LARGE to go cup of coffee!!! i had to head off to find the Smoking spot since they're scarce in AK. everyone did a potty break took care of the check and would meet me at the DSA. while there another Hidden Mickey has been found..

I believe we headed on over to the Lion King show. Meghan is a HUGE lion King fan.. When it came to theaters for 3D we HAD to go. then when she saw the commercials for it on Blue ray she begged and begged for it.. then would stop look at me so serious and ask."do we have blue ray?" She has no clue what blue ray is!! If you were wondering yeah we bought it.
so she pretty much is climbing out of her own skin to go see Nala and Simba.
We sat on the Warthog side and really really enjoyed the show!!!! If i can salvage some pictures i will post at a later date..
Again it is taking TO LONG and the kids NEED to get on a ride! Ok Dinosaur here we come!!! We did this last year. DH and Meg in front Zack on one end Matt in the middle and me on the end. I was so surprised Zack did not flinch once at the ride. he really loved it and watching it all. Matt had his head buried in my arm pit the whole time and when your coming out of the ride you hear Meghan CRYING!!! i'm a terrible Mother becuase i laughed SO HARD!! you can't hear her in the ride you can't hear your own thought! once your out WHOO BABY! She now thinks it was funny.. Thank god a kid with a sense of humor! Our friends kids never went on and are scared. Too bad!
we all climb into our time rover and chase the Iguanodon!!! No crying this time!!! everyone loved it! then Matt secretly told me how he did close his eyes a couple of times! and NEVER wanted to do that again... i wanted to buy him the tee shirt.

well we wanted to go over to EE but Meg couldn't get on. She is a peanut. at 7 she is a whopping 44 inches. Matt is way over 50 and Zack is i believe 49? for being triplets they are nothing alike nor alike in size. Our companions didn't want any part of it either so they took Meg we would meet back up.
here that picture:

again another hit! we had to do it twice! loved it. But wish the Yeti was working. DH or the boys didn't even see him!!!
so on to some random AK pictures...

i forgot this picture..

Fitting since i work for the Department of Transportation here...
we met back up adn had to do the Kali river rapids... time to get wet! again teh line was a good 2 minute wait?? if that? just enough time to get all cameras and things in plastic Ziploc bags and off we went. and we got DRENCHED... felt awesome!!
as we were walking towards the front we do have Fantasmic seating to get to.. we were passing this friendly bug. and had to get pictures and autographs!

i swear we 'met' more characters this trip, every one of them were awesome.
so now that we were in a Buggy kind of mood we decided to do it's tough to be a bug my Fam hasn't seen it and the Kafka's were a little too anxious to take us in.. hmmm (i have a slight fear of bugs) It was fun to watch and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.. WAS NOT expecting the ending!!! I jumped about 4 feet in the air.
then had to take pictures of the tree again!!
Posting without preview. the boards are starting to act up again!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #60
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

tree:

i cannot pick a favorite!!! I did not know this one.. Nicole told me that even the leaves are synthetic everything on the tree is man made! So after my little scare it was time to get back to POR freshen up we were all still soaked from Kali and head over to HS for the VIP seating!!
will post again soon! need you guys to catch up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: