Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 12:12 PM   #31
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

By the way the Disney fairies did bring Nicole's two boys Joey and Matt gifts as well. some little cars/Princess stamp set to keep them busy on the plan along with the large amounts of coloring books, Ds, movies and whatever else you can think of getting into a carry on bag to keep 5 children busy!
we are at the airport!!!

on the plane...

to the ME....

She got better!!

Old 11-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #32
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Mo, you've got some gorgeous kids, in case I didnt mention that... They're even cuter awake, as opposed to dead on their feet when we met!

I'm so excited for your TR... I'm going to be looking for myself in your pics.. LOL.
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #33
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

On our way to the PORT ORLEANS Riverside.. ok it's not the Poly... But it was so beautiful.

i know it says french quarter...

While Tom and Nicole checked us in and made sure we were in a good building by the FOOD! i walked around Fulton's AWESOME general store!! this was the best store!!!

We did pay for the preferred room and we did get Building 14!!!! WOO HOO!!! i was worried about this.

i think they knew my dryer was broken at home and felt i need to hang my clothes here too...

hidden Mickey's Everywhere

Old 11-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #34
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAdisneymom View Post
Mo, you've got some gorgeous kids, in case I didnt mention that... They're even cuter awake, as opposed to dead on their feet when we met!

I'm so excited for your TR... I'm going to be looking for myself in your pics.. LOL.
Yeah no kidding!!! you might be! Thank you on my crazy kids!!! They were very tired... yet troopers becuase they never wined about how tired they were or how they wanted to just stay in... I'm proud of them.. So thank you again!!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #35
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

My DH new job...

Happy isn't he?
once we checked in and chilled out in the room. we went and bought our cups! I wasn't a fan of them i thought they should have changed with the season.. Being there in November and for the Christmas party i wished for something more fall/winter themed instead of the pool side. So now that we got our barrings back it's on to EPERCOT for the Food and Wine Festival!

No that is NOT a typo my kids call it EPERCOT..

If we didn't get these kids on a ride soon we all may feel the pain.
SO we did:

Sorry these are so unfocused but the ride wouldn't stop for me to take a better picture and i could NOT see my settings on the camera...

Disclaimer: No no fish were harmed with my Flash. I did not use one
After we found that fish who could have saved himself a lot of grief had he just listened to his father in the first place...
We went to the Food and Wine festival...
The smells!!! the yummy goodness all around me. i thought Disney was heaven? Add in the food!!!!
I don't have many pictures of the food and only a few salvaged pictures. My Favorites are the Canada Soup. and where ever this guy came from... BAD picture...

couldn't get the light right. maybe this was the culprit?
this is going to be out of order... But who cares right? you Love PICTURES!!!

Ran out of space!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #36
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Mimmosa's for everyone........ you wasted a good mimmosa on the kids

Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #37
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

on to more...

thought this was funny...

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

could this be....

why yes it would yet another Hidden Mickey...
so it was the end of the night... I tried to take a picture of the kids by the tree... between being so darn tired and drinking.
this is what happened...

lets try that again shall we?

PHEW! my kids still can walk right side up!
ufo.

on to Day two! Animal Kingdom and the grand Fantasmic show!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #38
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
Mimmosa's for everyone........ you wasted a good mimmosa on the kids
Wanted them to SLEEP on the plane....

They had Capri Suns... I offered a virgin mimosa i had no takers...
Old 11-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #39
FosterA
DIS Veteran

I LOVE how you have a lot of photos in your TR!!!

First off, I want a party bus, Escalade thingy to come pick us up!! What a cool idea.

Secondly your daughter waking up with hair all crazy is hilarious!

Thirdly, Glad you got the F! thing straightened out. I almost had a nervous breakdown getting into that show and I only have 2 kids that are much much older!

What a fun wild family, can't wait to hear more!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #40
baseballmickey
DDC #644

a little late, but joining in!

Your kids are adorable.

On one hand, you'd think it would simplify things to only have one birthday party a year for all three!! on the other hand... it's got to be a huge party!!

Lucky for you they love the Mouse and Disney has so much to choose from!! At the same time I feel your pain because Disney has TOO MUCH to choose from!!

I loved the Alice in Wonderland playing card guys!! (We're having a AiW tea party for DD's birthday in January.) Looks like you made those with a deck of cards, pipe cleaners, and construction paper?? I have to steal that!!

I think it's really cool that you took the trip with your friends and their family too. I'd love to do that, but we don't really have any friends!

Looks like your trip is off to a good start, despite a few bumps!! I can't wait to hear more!!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #41
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
I LOVE how you have a lot of photos in your TR!!!

First off, I want a party bus, Escalade thingy to come pick us up!! What a cool idea.

Secondly your daughter waking up with hair all crazy is hilarious!

Thirdly, Glad you got the F! thing straightened out. I almost had a nervous breakdown getting into that show and I only have 2 kids that are much much older!

What a fun wild family, can't wait to hear more!
No the party bus wasn't back in time to pick us up (THAT must have been some party to go on that long!)
So the Co. send the Esclade instead so we lucked out!!! yay good disney pixi dust was a huge factor in our trip!
I love that picture of Meg.. I may blow it up especially when i have to deal with her and teenage-hood!!!
EXACTLY why i would NOT go to F! without the VIP seating. we walked right in without a problem no crowds... and we waited for the crowds to die down before attempting to leave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
a little late, but joining in!

Your kids are adorable.

On one hand, you'd think it would simplify things to only have one birthday party a year for all three!! on the other hand... it's got to be a huge party!!

Lucky for you they love the Mouse and Disney has so much to choose from!! At the same time I feel your pain because Disney has TOO MUCH to choose from!!

I loved the Alice in Wonderland playing card guys!! (We're having a AiW tea party for DD's birthday in January.) Looks like you made those with a deck of cards, pipe cleaners, and construction paper?? I have to steal that!!

I think it's really cool that you took the trip with your friends and their family too. I'd love to do that, but we don't really have any friends!

Looks like your trip is off to a good start, despite a few bumps!! I can't wait to hear more!!
Thank you VERY MUCH your daughter is a Doll too!!! You can tell she GETS the Disney magic in her eyes...
Here let me help you out on the whole party thing...
The Suiters
and the best Themed party ideas EVER
Get ready to start reading it's a long one!!! but you HAVE to see the last pages and what someone did with Toy story!!!
I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND! when ya wanna go???
Old 11-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #42
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hey there almost-neighbor! (We were supposed to be at POFQ until the last minute switch to CBR.) Looks like we might have passed eachother in Epcot -we were wandering OUT of Epcot through England and Canada that evening when you were wandering IN. Can't say I saw you there - too busy noticing all the drunks! Which BBVD showing did you see. We were at the first one. (5:15 PM I think?)

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
Old 11-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #43
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Hello!!!
I know it was later then 5:15. was i one of your noticeable drunks??
we were walking out as illuminations was going on to beat the crowds... which of course didn't happen!!!
But i enjoy the buses and transportation/lines. I love talking to people... we had the bus laughing so hard on the way TO Epcot.. one of it was telling Nicole i was going to the DIS boards and complain about this horrible mother and her children.. I just haven't fit it in this report.. I have to some how..

SINCE SHE IS LURKING ON HERE AND NOT POSTING!!!!

What made you change your mind on POFQ??
Old 11-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #44
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
What made you change your mind on POFQ??
We arrived on the 10th. We had Free Dining at POFQ from 11/13 to 11/20, but we were able to add a day of Free Dining on the 12th and get a room discount on the 10th and 11th at CBR which we couldn't get at POFQ...so we saved about $230 by switching over. I missed POFQ - but we actually liked CBR a lot, so it was worth the switch.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #45
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
We arrived on the 10th. We had Free Dining at POFQ from 11/13 to 11/20, but we were able to add a day of Free Dining on the 12th and get a room discount on the 10th and 11th at CBR which we couldn't get at POFQ...so we saved about $230 by switching over. I missed POFQ - but we actually liked CBR a lot, so it was worth the switch.
that's understandable!!!!
i would have done the same,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: