Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #16
stitches of laughter
Mouseketeer

I'm here!!!
taken too early

Memories of Ma PTR

numerous family trips prior to 2005
January 2005 YC with Ma & little brother
August 2009 CBR with Ma--most special trip
February 2011 POP with one of my girlfriends

November 2011 POP 1st solo trip

Old 11-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #17
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Thank you very much for joining!!
Will get back to the report this weekend!

Wanted to wish everyone a happy and fulfilling thanksgiving!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 03:19 PM   #18
FosterA
DIS Veteran

yay!!!!
so glad you are doing a trip report!!!

Your kids are gorgeous!

Keep it up
Old 11-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #19
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
yay!!!!
so glad you are doing a trip report!!!

Your kids are gorgeous!

Keep it up
Thank you for joining!!! i PROMISE i will start up again today. Last week and work was CRAZY! then this weekend was even worse!!! i will get to it all very soon!!! have to get some cyber shopping done!!! HA HA HA!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #20
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Sorry it's been a while but work and Thanksgiving got in the way! then i was able to FINALLY catch up on some MUCH needed sleep from our trip!

So.... On with the show... give a bit of a back story...like i had said last year was our first year to Disney and LOVED every aspect. I bought as many books on Disney i could find. even made my Mom find all our pictures from when we went in 78. i wasn't much a fan of the mouse until i started reading and learning about the thought process that went into Disney. My Hubby wasn't all that excited about the trip until i started throwing out little facts i.e did you know there is a trash can every 30 steps in WDW? Because back in the day Walt would walk the amusement parks and would count the steps people would take until they threw it on the ground. and Yes my husband did test this theory... it's true
No matter how many book pictures or blogs you read and go threw does not prepare you for the sights, smells and sounds of Disney.
the ME the greeting at the resorts the magic that happens in the parks. we turned into DIS FREAKS!! On our last day of our trip last year we said together we needed to come back in 2011 and see the castle with the lights.My kids are hidden Mickey fanatics. i cannot go anywhere without finding a hidden mickey on the tail lights of cars to their cereal in the morning.
SO when we returned is when we got together with Nicole and her family. one drink toooo many we all decided we were all going in 2011 lucky Tom had a pin number for the 40% off the trip! WOO HOO!
This past trip has been in the works for over a year!!! ha ha ha!
OK now on to the 2011 i hope i haven't lost anyone i know this is boring!
180 days out Nicole and I got on the phone with Disney to get our ADR's and other fun stuff!!!
First the Christmas party! December 15
we arrive on 11/13 the last day of the Food and Wine Festival.
11/14 We are safariing it with Donald at the tusker house in Animal Kingdom
11/15 Dinner at O'hana A MUST then Christmas party
11/16 9am pirate League 11 at Harmony Barber and Dinner with the Mouse @ Chef Mickey's!
11/17 Hollywood and vine Fantasmic Dinner package!
11/18 Breakfast at Akershus we did the Dinner last year the princess are awesome the food... not so much this year we had to do ONE Princess something and Meghan picked Akershus over 1900PF!
11/19 Breakfast at Tony's for the grand gathering.
i have to stop here before my laptop dies. i forgot my power cord at work!!! I will get on it tomorrow. again i hope i didn't lose you!!! Promise it does get better

Old 11-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #21
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Oh My Lord, of the Rings!!!

I can't believe that party! I can't let my kids see that or they'll no what an under achiever I am!

I agree that nothing prepares you for actually being in WDW!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #22
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
Oh My Lord, of the Rings!!!

I can't believe that party! I can't let my kids see that or they'll no what an under achiever I am!

I agree that nothing prepares you for actually being in WDW!
Hi!
The Party was fun. the Krispie sushi was the hit. otherwise i killed a couple of printers including a plotter to print out a full size shadow of Peter pan! ha ha ha! i did get a lot of compliments and more ARE YOU NUTS with that party. But the way i saw it was they had turned 7 i don't know how many more themed parties they will want... SO i over did it! No Nothing can prepare you for Disney. you may know what to expect or know some secrets but once your there... your in awe!!!
Several photo's finally uploaded to photobucket will be starting up again today.. if i wait any longer i may forget a lot of the details!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #23
FosterA
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Christmas party!
keep writing! and no....you are not boring. I think my reports are too but amazingly people still stick around. We love to hear all the details
Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #24
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

AS i left off we had made all of our Ressies! and we are very excited about all of them. cannot stop thinking about the food and we were 180 days out! this was NOT going to be easy... I am gitty little school girl about going back to Disney yet i have to keep it under control so i don't feed that into the kids.. otherwise their school work will suffer.. Not a fan of going to the school to try to explain why my kids are out of their minds!!! when i can't even sit still. 180 days out is excruciating!!!! i wanted to go NOW!!! so to subside my thirst for anything Disney i lived on the Dis boards ... The pic of the day is one of my favorites. They can find such different views on something as simple as a mop!
As luck would have it Nicole was also living on the Dis as well. She called in a frantic. (this happens a lot I still love her) they CANCELED fantasmic on the night of our dinner package! Talk about shock! Horror!
the ONLY reason to pick out Hollywood and vine was for the VIP seating for 'F' (Nicole and family is a bit of picky eaters so they had wanted that)
I'm still in shock.... IS this the way this trip is going to be? First bad news of this trip? Do we have bad JuJu now? all sorts of thoughts are racing threw my head like a tiny tornado. Nicole suggests we try for something else in HS. Still not thinking too clearly we call Disney. Cancel the Hollywood and Vine and get the SciFi.
The Next day i am STILL thinking about this. The kids are bummed about missing the Fantasmic show and honestly so am i. We have never seen the show. Don't think i am being *****y about getting the seats only becuase i do NOT do well in massive crowds. especially with the little ones. I kinda like them and don't want to lose them... Yet..
So i am out at the field like i am everyday for football and cheerleading. I decided to call Disney. Nicole advised me against it as we may upset the Disney pixi dust or something... but I just cannot let this go!
So during "ROCK AND ROLL BABY BULLDOGS GOT SOUL" I call Disney. On the phone was one of the NICEST CM'S i've ever spoken to. I politely ask about the screw up on the F night and why would Disney cancel without notifying anyone who HAD the ressie? I mean what would have happened if we were to show up on our day all excited about the VIP seating to find out about it being canceled? She pretty much said we had jumped the gun and someone would have called us in October to reschedule. Now i'm upset with myself. CRAP had we waited we would probably been rescheduled for another showing!!! CRAP! Well the CM said to hold on. I did.. She came back and said she was sorry.. SHE WAS SORRY?!?!?! For what? and offered us the VIP seating for MONDAY!!!! called a magic number! i was speechless. i could NOT have thanked her enough. i even did a thank you with her name stating Disney is all about MAGIC and they really do care about people and their vacations making it the best they possible can. out with the bad JuJu and back int eh saddle again with PIXI DUST!!! i call Nicole tell her the whole story she and family are thrilled! phew back on track with the FUN and no more worrying! the very next week came the advertisement for FREE DINING!!! a almost fell over oh yeah!!! then i did the math.. this saved us over $1,000!!!!!!!
i love Disney...

Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #25
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Christmas party!
keep writing! and no....you are not boring. I think my reports are too but amazingly people still stick around. We love to hear all the details
HA! yours IS good!!!! my thoughts are ALL over the place.. i hope to get on track at some point!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #26
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

i cannot for the life of me find my pictures to the next segment!!!

well, to keep the magic alive and i LOVE LOVE doing stuff like this to the kids. I was able to pick up REALLY cheap digital cameras for the kids.
I called Hubby and told him i am going to get the cameras STALL the children ran picked up the cheapo camera stopped at party city to pick up Mickey mouse wrapping paper. ran home! PHEW hubby and kids still not home. try to run threw the house dogs NOT allowing me anywhere until i give them the proper HELLO pets and kisses. Finally get downstairs wrap the cameras as FAST as i can (it was bad.) threw them into a old Disney store.com box with a Mickey post card i scribbled on. Flew to the front door and put it where the regular mail was waiting from someone out of my house to gather. went upstairs to change out of work clothes. the dogs start going crazy! their children are HOME!!! i did it.
they come flying threw the door MOM MOM MOM Look! it's from Disney! Oh no kidding? wonder what that could be i haven't ordered anything as they are TEARING open the box they see the three poorly wrapped presents. Hey have you seen Mickey's hands? they can't be able to wrap well right? and he only has what three fingers and a thumb?
I GRAB the post card just in case they decide they want to read it. I came up with some mumbo jumbo "HIYA kids hear you'll be here real soon and thought you could use this for your trip" or something in that nature. they rip open the gifts with a speed of light i've never seen before! A PRESENT FROM MICKEY!!!! they are out of their minds with excitement! Seeing Disney threw a child's eyes is amazing. we got them disposal camera's last year and loved them! so this year would be better right? WRONG! worst camera ever! those cameras lost all their pictures..

Old 11-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #27
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

the week before Disney.

Dryer decided to die on me along with several people who are on the OFFICIAL 2011 NOVEMBER thread. I had gotten pneumonia. lots of Meds. then the kiddies started coughing! WTH!!! this isn't allowed! I was my Parents house doing laundry when DH called to say i can get the kids in to the doctor at 11... UGH! My Mommy took over the laundry so i could go and get the kids out of school and into the doctor! as it would happen. Zack and Meghan have sinus infections.. Matthew has the start of Pneumonia... SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!
get them home and start the medication!!! get them better kids +sinus + plane does not equal happiness.
all is packed. the house is clean... as it can be with 3 dogs and 3 kids and 1 husband.
Yet... I cannot sleep TOO EXCITED!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Twas the night before Disney...

Twas the night before Disney and all threw the house everyone was packing to go see the mouse. The children all nestled in their beds dreaming of Donald and his 5 friends!
thanks Memom!!!

Ordered take out and watched last years video's of our trip talking all about the things we were going to do and see!!!
This was a great night, was able to send everyone to bed early because we were definitely waking up at the crack of @$$. and needed everyone to get some sort of sleep before the flight.
On to the FIRST DAY!!! finally right?

Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #29
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Day 1.

duplicate post

Last edited by Chicago Mo; 11-29-2011 at 11:49 AM. Reason: duplicate.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #30
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Day 1.

It's 4am. and TIME FOR DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

here is Matthew:

Here is Zack:

Zack awake!

and now.... the princess...

Where could Meghan be???

oh yeah....

Once i finally got them out of bed Guess what?!?!

The Disney Pixi dust happened again!!!
IN the night we had the faeries come and drop off yet another present to start off our trip!!!

Matt found them first...

of course there was traces of Pixi dust...

Charming isn't she?

bags are packed and ready..

The kids had their usual cereal and Tom and i had about 10 cups of coffee each.
the phone rang.. NICOLE and the party bus will be here in about 15 minutes!!! everyone is in anticipation! a party bus!!
So i go out to have my cigarette too cool my nerves.. (I don't smoke in the house..) As i am sitting there I am watching this monstrosity barreling down the street! tell everyone.. I think it's here.. , it doesn't look like any party bus i've seen.. becuase it is a Cadillac Esclade LIMO!!! Holy cow that thing is HUGE!!!

i know hard to see and i haven't had time to photoshop...
the inside with our extended Dis Family!!!

Mimosa's for everyone!!!!!

my DH is the bald guy....

Finally on our way to Midway airport....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: