Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #151
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Yay it posted !!

So glad to see pics. My boys want to do this .. but I'm going to show them these pics and make sure before I make ressies. They are weird about make-up on their faces.

Thanks for posting !
Can't believe the problems i had posting that! Crazy...

Lil Matt is 3. he did WONDERFUL. the Pirate who did his makeup was awesome with making Matt feel comfortable enough to let her put his makeup on too. I know they have lesser makeup options. if i ever have the time to look up how to post a video i will do it for you to show your kiddos! Plus throughout the park everyone interacts with the kids being pirates. it's an ongoing adventure!
The experience is so worth it. they all interact it's like a little show. they have ME cracking up!!! Zack also walked away with a 'spongebob' a square yellow makeup applicator.. but it was spongebob to them!!!
I will go back every year if the kids no longer want to i might make DH and i do it!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #152
solana131
DIS Veteran

Looks like so much fun! I want my little guy to do it, but its just not his thing so I won't push him this time. Maybe next trip

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #153
NOLAdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Holy crow! I was mentioned in somebody's trip report!! YAY ME!

It was so good meeting y'all too! We'll just have to hook up on our NEXT trip!
November 2008 - Caribbean Beach
November 2010 - Caribbean Beach
November 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside
Halloween 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2014 - First Deluxe Stay - Beach Club!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #154
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Looks like so much fun! I want my little guy to do it, but its just not his thing so I won't push him this time. Maybe next trip
You should go there and let him see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAdisneymom View Post
Holy crow! I was mentioned in somebody's trip report!! YAY ME!

It was so good meeting y'all too! We'll just have to hook up on our NEXT trip!
Your a Rock star now!!!
Going back 2013 haven't decided in Sept or November again?!?! . and POSSIBLE cruise in 2014!!!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #155
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Great pics from pirates league. I've seen adults going around with pirate make-up on. Looks like a fun experience though
Old 01-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #156
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

Lovin your tr. Your kids are so adorable. Will be heading to WDW next december so hoping to learn lots from your experiences!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #157
FosterA
DIS Veteran

Spectacular pirate photos!!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #158
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Great pics from pirates league. I've seen adults going around with pirate make-up on. Looks like a fun experience though
If i didn't know about the pirate league i would probably look at the adults a little odd. BUT becuase i have seen it done twice now i can absolutely understand!! So much fun!!! Love it when they interact with each other too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl_underwood View Post
Lovin your tr. Your kids are so adorable. Will be heading to WDW next december so hoping to learn lots from your experiences!
Thank you!!! Any questions PLEASE go ahead and ask!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
Spectacular pirate photos!!
The Photopass ones are amazing. the lighting it so perfect. I can only dream of getting shots like that!

Good News! Meghan and I are having a Mother Daughter day!!!
I bought tickets for the Princess on Ice i believe it is called Dare to Dream?!?
VIP seats! Yeah i splurged..
Going in February i can't wait. Tom said he would take the boys to a monster truck rally... for a Father Son day.. While looking at all the upcoming shows i see Disney will have a celebrating 100 years?!?! wonder how that will be? LOVE that we can still get a little bit of Disney!!!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #159
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

HELLO out there!
I hope i haven't lost too many of you..
It is now January the snow is here, it’s COLD and what better way to get some warmth is get back to this trip report. I have been dragging my feet way too much.
The technology gods must be angry. Every time I try to post and preview I lose my wireless connection. I am really trying to get this report done… I had to move to word to get my thoughts and NOT lose what I am trying,
We left off finishing up the pirates league. Again Best money spent.
It was time for Meghan to get all gussied up! On the path back up MAIN STREET (i could walk this all day..)

We have never done the Harmony Barber shop and we again LOVED IT! Plus you can’t beat the price. While we were there Nicole and i wanted in on the fun.. We also had our hair done!!!

i had no idea what it really looked like. Honestly i didn't care!!! i had MORE compliments from people!!! whether they were just being nice or making fun i have no idea i still had fun with it! The girls doing the hair warned me about the purple and pink may or may not come out. again i didn't care.

Just hanging out waiting.

i didn't mind the sitting..

he was going to have the mickey head pained on but the girls said it would have just ran off with the heat!

while we were waiting we saw the Move it shake it parade a couple of times:

We watched this parade about 5 times.. Now that we are all Dinsey’ed up we wanted to use our fastpasses to meet Mickey!! (all photos by photopass)

Continue...

Old 01-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #160
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Upsetting we did NOT get the talking Mickey..
still had a great time..

Mickey trying to be like lil Matt

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our family...

I wonder what Minnie was trying to say...

This really was a cool Meet and greet. A lot of fun...
It was time for the Princesses!!!

Old 01-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #161
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Peanut Butter Princess TIME!
The line was empty! there was NO ONE in the room. I ran in with arms flailing in the air yelling PRINCESS to get Meghan jazzed up. yeah i did that..
they must have thought i was NUTS oh well.. Meghan was in total SHOCK over all of the princesses in ONE room waiting for her!
They were very sweet one of the PP guys looked at me and said WOW did Tinkerbell sneeze on you! I said YEP she has one HE!! of a cold. we laughed and joked around he was a great guy.

By this time people were coming into the line. There was a girl in line who was special needs she was SO EXCITED to see the princesses it was adorable I believe it was her Mom with her and she was trying to calm her down. no way hose! she was on an overdrive to see them. I thought this was one of my favorite moments. Yes Meghan was excited and Yes she was in awe as you can see in the pictures she really loved them, but to see someone this excited and so happy just made my heart beat a little more. more on this in a moment .. because it is CINDERELLA turn!

This was really really cute.
Nicole wanted to go and check her Photopass pictures...
so the kids and i went outside to wait. as we were watching the Move and Shake it AGAIN the Mom and her daughter came out. The Mom was crying!!! i asked if everything was OK? She said the princesses were amazing. Her daughter really isn't a out of shell kind of kid and that was her first time seeing her daughter like that! i got goosebumps.I might have even hugged her i don't remember. But that's Disney. all wrapped up. Brings out the best in EVERYONE i don't care who you are there is something there for everyone it will get you...
After the meet and greet of the greats Nicole was happy with her pictures.We’re able to get on some rides! Nicole and family split up to do their own thing, we made plans to meet up for our dinner reservations at the one and only CHEF MICKEY!!
Space Mountain of course was first!!! Then Meghan wanted to go on the carousal and Matt wanted the people pusher. I went with the boys while Tom took Meg for Prince Charming's regal round and round.
I have no idea but i never pulled out the camera?!?!?!
after the people pusher the boys wanted back on Space mountain, so on we went AGAIN.
finally i had to pull my Space men off and go find Tom and Meg.

We finally found them after walking around the carousal twice like a three stooges short. and off we went to Winnie the Pooh new 'Q'

Continue:

Old 01-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #162
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

the magic happened

After the Winnie ride which was boring for all of us. Tom was asked to do a survey. as he was given the survey the kids and i went out (not leaving me in a store with three 7 year olds) i was going to find the smoking spot. BUT was stopped by a few CM's they started talking to me about Wendy and Peter Pan wanting to find a family to make their day more magical... In my head im thinking~ oh no what is going on? what is happening? Where us Aston Kutcher saying you've been punked? how much do they want?~
i was lost in my own thoughts as the CM's kept talking and going on with an elaborate story with Peter and Wendy.. people started to gather more CM's and now regular guests which is making me more nervous. Tom has now caught up and one of the CM's pulled out this HUGE...

i looked up in shock as ALL of us gasped at the sight of the BIGGEST sunday i have ever seen! it had to have 10 scoops of ice cream and everything you can imagine on it!!! i keep looking at it with my hands behind my back saying "are you sure" i must have said this at least 15 times. FREE? are you sure.
still they kept giving it to us. By the time it sunk into my head that YES DUMMY TAKE IT IT'S FREE your magic has happened!!!
this thing was enough for 10 people. the guests around us congratulated i tried to give some away no takers. it was amazing!!! i was so happy the kids were overjoyed Tom ate most of it..
from here on out i was on
I love Disney.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #163
FosterA
DIS Veteran

wow wow wow!! What a great update

I loved hearing about the lady and her daughter being so excited. That was awesome
I LOVED ya'lls hair! and that's great how the PP asked if Tink sneezed on you

And..I loved hearing all about that ice cream sundae. How cool is that. Disney is just awesome

And I wonder if Meg is going to do the head tilt for her wedding photos one day?
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #164
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Love the Mickey and Princess pics. And wow wow we wow on the sundae I want one
Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #165
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterA View Post
wow wow wow!! What a great update

I loved hearing about the lady and her daughter being so excited. That was awesome
I LOVED ya'lls hair! and that's great how the PP asked if Tink sneezed on you

And..I loved hearing all about that ice cream sundae. How cool is that. Disney is just awesome

And I wonder if Meg is going to do the head tilt for her wedding photos one day?
Yes the Lady with her daughter was the start of my Magic and the trip- what better way!!! The ice cream was such a shock. It had full size brownies, a shortcake cake thing, it was HUGE.. Bet you wish we had met up now don't cha! ha ha ha ha ha!!! I wish we had someone to share it with! I felt bad becuase we did have to throw away some of it..
AS for Meg.. She is a lost cause with the tilt. The other day she asked me to take her picture She tilted her head of course i wouldn't expect anything different. Then asked my why i don't like when she does that... I felt bad and told her it's not that i don't like it.. More of that i would like her to so different poses becuase she is so cute!! I hope it worked.. Your right. Between now and all the school dances right up to the wedding. OHH ya know what... For her wedding i should have a shot of the entire wedding party take a picture with the head tilt! for good memories!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Love the Mickey and Princess pics. And wow wow we wow on the sundae I want one
Needed more cow bell?
It was amazing!!! even when i was typing about it i was still in shock. My family isn't the most luckiest when it comes to winning things and contests..
So this was HUGE to us!!!

It does go with "Disney is the most Magical place on earth!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: