Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
I think what Nancy was trying to say was that if cruising Thanksgiving 2013 on a 4 day Dream is even a remote possibility it is best to book it now to lock in the current price ... since it is a popular cruise time the price can go up significantly ($1000s) in a relatively short time.

If something better opens up (e.g. Magic or Wonder 2013 itineraries that you like) you can always move your existing booking to that new date. You could then check out the prices when you cruise in January ... if you get a better deal onbaord, book it and cancel what you currently have. (There is no penalty to cancel prior to 75 days out ... unless you are looking to book a suite.)
I understand what she & you are saying but will not book something I'm not sure I want. I thought I had my mind made up but now am completely confused again. lol

Not going to worry about it. If I don't know by cruise time I will just book a dummy date for sometime in the future.

Thanks to everyone for the advise!

Our "Magic" cruises:
Our First cruise - Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1/29/11
Second Cruise - Western Caribbean Cruise 1/21/12
Loriekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 PM   #17
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

My question is if you want to go on a cruise more or visit other places. The reason I ask is that if you MAINLY want to cruise, like myself. I would recommend a B2B 4-Day if a 7 Day is not available for you. I have seen all the down sides but I just want to be on the ship longer than 4-Days even though I am going on the 22-26 December Bahamas cruise (5th time). Right now I have a 7-Day B2B with a 4 Day is Septmeber 2012. I will get off the Fantasy, stay the night in Orlando and do laundry and get back on the Magic the next day (6th time). I spend a lot of money just getting to Orlando and considerable time in driving and time off. You can always book a B2B and change later maybe the type of 2 cruises that I am taking.
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #18
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
My question is if you want to go on a cruise more or visit other places. The reason I ask is that if you MAINLY want to cruise, like myself. I would recommend a B2B 4-Day if a 7 Day is not available for you. I have seen all the down sides but I just want to be on the ship longer than 4-Days even though I am going on the 22-26 December Bahamas cruise (5th time). Right now I have a 7-Day B2B with a 4 Day is Septmeber 2012. I will get off the Fantasy, stay the night in Orlando and do laundry and get back on the Magic the next day (6th time). I spend a lot of money just getting to Orlando and considerable time in driving and time off. You can always book a B2B and change later maybe the type of 2 cruises that I am taking.
I did look into a B2B, since one of the families concern is the length of time. The time frame I was looking at there was a 3 night then a 4 night on the Dream but it was a little more than the 7 night on the Fantasy.

If we only did a 4 night, we would do other vacation before hand. Like you said, it's a lot of money just getting to Orlando.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 11-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #19
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriekins View Post
I did look into a B2B, since one of the families concern is the length of time. The time frame I was looking at there was a 3 night then a 4 night on the Dream but it was a little more than the 7 night on the Fantasy.

If we only did a 4 night, we would do other vacation before hand. Like you said, it's a lot of money just getting to Orlando.
And, I have never read a posting on this forum that stated that they were so glad to get off the ship. I don't think it matters if it is 3 or 15 days that you are board, 99% of folks don't want to leave the ship.

Enjoy your time in Olando and enjoy your cruise.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
And, I have never read a posting on this forum that stated that they were so glad to get off the ship. I don't think it matters if it is 3 or 15 days that you are board, 99% of folks don't want to leave the ship.

Enjoy your time in Olando and enjoy your cruise.
Actually, after an 11-night Mediterranean cruise on the Magic in 2010, I was ready & happy to be off the ship. I was just sad I hadn't booked more time in Barcelona.

Sayhello
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #21
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Actually, after an 11-night Mediterranean cruise on the Magic in 2010, I was ready & happy to be off the ship. I was just sad I hadn't booked more time in Barcelona.

Sayhello
I was happy to get off my first Disney cruise...a 4-nighter with my elderly mom!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #22
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I was happy to get off my first Disney cruise...a 4-nighter with my elderly mom!
sooooooooo, you wanted off the ship or on the ship with different company??
Old 11-23-2011, 11:34 AM   #23
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
sooooooooo, you wanted off the ship or on the ship with different company??
It was the second cruise with my mother, and there never should've been a second cruise with my mother! It was the least favorite of my 3 Disney cruises, although we had the best dining room servers on that cruise.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #24
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
It was the second cruise with my mother, and there never should've been a second cruise with my mother! It was the least favorite of my 3 Disney cruises, although we had the best dining room servers on that cruise.
You're braver than I am! There never would have been a *first* cruise with my mother!

Sayhello
sayhello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #25
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
You're braver than I am! There never would have been a *first* cruise with my mother!

Sayhello
I didn't know any better before the first cruise with my mom in 2004! There were 4 years between the first and second cruise, and I thought I was prepared to sail with her a second time. Our Disney cruise was the last cruise she took. She died a year later, and it's too bad she couldn't have gone on her favorite cruise line (Crystal) one more time.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #26
sgtpet
DIS Veteran

Haven't received call from Disney Cruise...

7 day cruises are better than the 4 day Dream.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #27
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpet View Post
7 day cruises are better than the 4 day Dream.
that's what we are thinking but not crazy over the 7 night one available so far...

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 11-23-2011, 08:01 PM   #28
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriekins View Post
that's what we are thinking but not crazy over the 7 night one available so far...
I am having this issue too. I don't really want to go to St. Maarten and St. Thomas, but that is where the Fantasy is going for NYE 2013. Is there any chance that it will change the itinerary or that some other option will open up? Or is it only likely that the price will go up?

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #29
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
I am having this issue too. I don't really want to go to St. Maarten and St. Thomas, but that is where the Fantasy is going for NYE 2013. Is there any chance that it will change the itinerary or that some other option will open up? Or is it only likely that the price will go up?
My thought is, if there isn't places that we really want to go to, then don't go on a cruise then. I'm hoping like heck there are some good places Magic & Wonder will be going to. The Western with the Fantasy is already so much money (1 1/2 times what we pay in January) that it moves up anymore we won't go at all.

Our "Magic" cruises:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #30
Loriekins
Mouseketeer

Took the advice...

Really liked all the great advise we got. We did book a Thanksgiving 13 cruise when we on board last Jan. Not crazy about it & decided to completely redo the kitchen instead.
So now we are booked for a B2B on the Dream spring break 2014. Prices were better than at Thanksgiving.
Now we just have to wait until then.

Our "Magic" cruises:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: