Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Thumbs down Hate FlyLady!

I just googled "hate flylady" and I am so glad to find out I am not the only one. I find some of the methods of house cleaning helpful, but I can do without her "no whining" rules and religious spiritual self improvement crap. She's even been pushing some guys music now on her Facebook page.

About a week ago, she completely went off on some lady that sent in a letter about the website changes. And she did it publicly on her Facebook page. Holy crap! So its ok for her to make all these rules about no whining & being nice, blah blah blah, but she doesn't have to follow them. There was absolutely no reason for her to have to do that publicly. And boy, did she ever get called on it!

Ever since then, I just can't stand her even more.

I'm looking for other motivators who don't make me feel like a failure if I don't live up to her standards. Ha, and she talks about how we don't need to be perfectionist. ha!

For an organizing motivator, the website was a total mess! Its a little better now, but still needs a lot of work in the organizing department.

FlyLady, go away! I quit!
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post
I just googled "hate flylady" and I am so glad to find out I am not the only one. I find some of the methods of house cleaning helpful, but I can do without her "no whining" rules and religious spiritual self improvement crap. She's even been pushing some guys music now on her Facebook page.

About a week ago, she completely went off on some lady that sent in a letter about the website changes. And she did it publicly on her Facebook page. Holy crap! So its ok for her to make all these rules about no whining & being nice, blah blah blah, but she doesn't have to follow them. There was absolutely no reason for her to have to do that publicly. And boy, did she ever get called on it!

Ever since then, I just can't stand her even more.

I'm looking for other motivators who don't make me feel like a failure if I don't live up to her standards. Ha, and she talks about how we don't need to be perfectionist. ha!

For an organizing motivator, the website was a total mess! Its a little better now, but still needs a lot of work in the organizing department.

FlyLady, go away! I quit!
I used to love Flylady when she first started. Once she got 'big' it all changed and I became disillusioned. It's too bad because I really did like following her methods. If you come across anything, let me know.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
Eeyore98
DIS Veteran

She was always a little too "feng shui" for my taste. "Body Clutter"? Really?
Eeyore98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Keli
We're smarter than the average bear!
I would scrap everyday if I could
What do you think? You were raised in a barn?

Read a book years ago, "sidetracked home executive". Made a world of difference for me in getting my home organized and cleaned. Made it so much easier to clean it after that point also. Have no idea who wrote it or if it is still available though.

1981-The early years. 2011-The not-so-early years
Keli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #5
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keli View Post
Read a book years ago, "sidetracked home executive". Made a world of difference for me in getting my home organized and cleaned. Made it so much easier to clean it after that point also. Have no idea who wrote it or if it is still available though.
That is the same book/system that she read that got her started and they are connected somehow. She talks about being a S.H.E and there are links to the other on each site.

I like the idea and the cleaning/organizing schedule stuff but it is just too many darn emails. I have more email Clutter from her than anything else! I really don't need a whole bunch of touchy feely kum-ba-ya emails telling me how great she is. I have them all go into their own folder and then go in every few months and just delete them all. Doesn't help me much.

I have been using the Cozi calendar that she has promoted and am finding it very helpful and with JUST her FlightPlan for each day it helps to see exactly what I should be doing (not that I am actually doing it!).

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

There is a fun site I've been looking at but I can't exactly post the link here because it has a no-no work in it. But you can probably guess.

The site is www. un____yourhabitat.com Where there is a 4 letter word instead of the underlines....
Old 11-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeFever View Post
There is a fun site I've been looking at but I can't exactly post the link here because it has a no-no work in it. But you can probably guess.

The site is www. un____yourhabitat.com Where there is a 4 letter word instead of the underlines....
lol, the word I guessed just gets me a website saying "coming soon". A year ago.

Either I have the wrong 4 letter word, or the URL is a little different?
Old 11-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
MsLeFever
WPASADI II Co-Winner
Wants to be the #1 WPASADI!
Won't beg for a tag but will rewrite disco songs!
Eating chocolate is a good cure for anything and everything!

oops - not exactly the right address - try this one.

http://un****yourhabitat.tumblr.com/
Old 11-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
That is the same book/system that she read that got her started and they are connected somehow. She talks about being a S.H.E and there are links to the other on each site.

I like the idea and the cleaning/organizing schedule stuff but it is just too many darn emails. I have more email Clutter from her than anything else! I really don't need a whole bunch of touchy feely kum-ba-ya emails telling me how great she is. I have them all go into their own folder and then go in every few months and just delete them all. Doesn't help me much.

I have been using the Cozi calendar that she has promoted and am finding it very helpful and with JUST her FlightPlan for each day it helps to see exactly what I should be doing (not that I am actually doing it!).
touchy feel kum-ba-ya emails.
And yes, she totally used the Sidetracked Executives methods.

I looked at Cozi, and registered, but I already had a Google calendar in place that I did not to mess with. And I wasn't exactly trusting Cozi at first with all the technical problems they were / are having. For now, I have the flightplan stuff automatically imported into a google calendar & its good. Enough to remind me. I also have the missions sent there too.

I'm not loving the zone idea at times to be honest. I would rather get it all cleaned and be done with it. Some day I will figure out my own perfect plan.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:57 PM   #10
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLeFever View Post
oops - not exactly the right address - try this one.

http://un****yourhabitat.tumblr.com/

That works better. Off to check it out now. I just love the name. Already more up my alley than flylady.

Added to my RSS reader for sure!

Last edited by beaucoup; 11-20-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #11
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link. I guessed correctly and I'm loving the attitude over there. I'm not very savvy on tumblr yet, so I've got to figure out navigation a bit more.
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

Here's a short video explaining the S.H.E.(Sidetracked Home Executive) method. Its the same idea as "43 Folders" if you have ever heard of that in the G.T.D. (Getting Things Done) world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUR3CWCbHU
Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #13
Aisling
Where your mind goes, your behind follows
I wear as little as decently possible, so I'd end up being the town hoochie if I lived in Walnut Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaucoup View Post

Yeah, I get the same vibe from he, even though she has some good advice.
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:01 AM   #14
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

This! Exactly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
Old 11-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
duffy
The Tag Fairy did not give me this tag...I wrote it myself.

MsLeFever, thanks for the link. Great site.

Today's my day off, I need to get off the Dis soon and start un****ing my house.
duffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: