Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Everything but Disney - Day 12 - Busch gardens+Mannys

Everything but Disney Day 12 Tuesday 25th October 2011 Busch gardens+Mannys

Early start up at 6.30am for our day at Busch gardens. Very excited as we had never been before.

We stopped at Bob Evans at the jnc of the I4/27 for breakfast. We had a free breakfast coupon for signing up to their email club so the meal cost $17 plus tip

DH and I had the same breakfast menu but there were so many different options we both had totally different plates – how do you want your eggs?, bacon or sausage? DH said sausage – patties or links?, homefries or hashbrowns, pancakes or French toast. Made us laugh.

DH’s French blueberry toast was cold, swapped no problem for plain.

Drive took 1 hour from here to Busch – easy drive for DH, very quiet. We made it before opening and paid $14 parking. We had to get a tram to the entrance – first time this trip.

Park was open 10-5 and we stayed the whole day.

I had a small coolbag with wraps at the bottom and small snacks and that was fine. Had also taken the seaworld refill mug which was accepted and refilled at Busch – cost $1.06 inc tax for a soda refill.

It was a lovely hot sunny day in the low 80’s.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Most people go for the coasters – we basically did everything except the coasters!

Had a good day was really quiet especially in the morning – just a few Brits there.

DD loved air grover the kids coaster went on 20 times. The lady told her it was better on the back so she went on at the back with her arms in the air. She also enjoyed the sesame street water play area but the other rides in that area were for younger kids.

The sesame street characters were just stood about – DD has no idea who they are – persuaded her to have a photo with big bird.

We did the train ride (good for a post lunch snooze), safari, sky cable car ride, saw the gorillas and tigers. DH and DD did the log flume.

We had a nice day at Busch and there was lots to do despite us not doing the coasters.

As we left we called ahead to Mannys chop house at Haines City. There was a bit of traffic leaving Busch but soon thinned out and we reached Manny’s at 6.20pm.

DD had slept in the car enroute. We waited maybe 10 mins at Mannys – well worth calling ahead.

Salad and rolls were good as usual. I had 10oz steak and garlic mash, DH steak/chicken and garlic mash and DD grilled cheese. Steak was excellent but mash a bit weird – had sauce on top. I’m sure I ordered garlic mash the first time we went but it didn’t have the sauce? Cost $38 plus tip – DD ate free as it was a Tuesday (kids eat free Monday and Tuesday)

20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

We had a nice day at Busch and there was lots to do despite us not doing the coasters.

As we left we called ahead to Mannys chop house at Haines City. There was a bit of traffic leaving Busch but soon thinned out and we reached Manny’s at 6.20pm.

DD had slept in the car enroute. We waited maybe 10 mins at Mannys – well worth calling ahead.

Salad and rolls were good as usual. I had 10oz steak and garlic mash, DH steak/chicken and garlic mash and DD grilled cheese. Steak was excellent but mash a bit weird – had sauce on top. I’m sure I ordered garlic mash the first time we went but it didn’t have the sauce? Cost $38 plus tip – DD ate free as it was a Tuesday (kids eat free Monday and Tuesday)

Had a quick look at Target and Ross at Posner park at the I4/27 junction then ‘home’ for 8.45pm and bed.

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Old 11-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
Peebee
Disney Dad

Loving the photos of Busch Gardens, and so quiet, too. We haven't been back here for years, but you've really got me wanting to do it next trip now :good vibes

Great pic of DD at Mannys, too. My two love colouring at restaurants, so definitely give this a try next time.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Some nice photos again.
I'm not a breakfast person but the food looks nice at Bob Evans
Was Elmo around with the Sesame street gang?
I like Manny's, it always seems to have a wide variety of people in there.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

20 times on the coaster - hardcore kid!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: