Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #1441
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Those are great photos! Miss you Rinky girl!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #1442
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Here is a couple pictures from our meet up in Nov.

Two lovely ladies!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #1443
MEK
DIS Veteran

Are you going to start a new TR? Please!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #1444
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Are you going to start a new TR? Please!
She told me back in Nov. that she would not be doing one, but maybe a highlights report, but that was several months ago, so not sure if she still will.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #1445
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

The Tenth Day of Swinter: Part 2

Hello everyone! Well I say everyone, but I might be the only one still here! I know its been a while since I have posted anything, but Id like to try to finish this report. I might not have any readers left, but I still want it completed so I have it to look back on. Im not even sure that I really have the time to try to work on it some more, but Im going to do what I can, when I can. So& on we go!

Picking up from the last update& we were spending an unexpected day at Magic Kingdom. I had planned this to be another Epcot day, but we chose to go see the Christmas decorations on Main Street instead. Going against my well laid plans was not really in my comfort zone, but I threw caution to the wind and decided to be spontaneous. Being that I detest crowds, I was wondering if this would come back to bite me&

After a wonderful time strolling through the shops on Main Street, we moved on to Tomorrowland.

We had no real plan for this day other than enjoying the very unexpected Christmas decorations, so anything we did beyond that was really just a bonus.

We decided to grab some FPs for Space Mountain and move on for now. DH made the run while we took a rest&

We saw Alice and the White Rabbit greeting guests, but the line was too long for us& a sign of things to come.

DH was getting hungry so we stopped into his favorite place to eat in the Magic Kingdom&

We found our usual spot by the window so we could people watch&

And this is what draws my DH in here on every trip; fish, shrimp, fries, slaw and apple cobbler. It really is good!

After lunch, we took one final ride through&

We had never been on the Liberty Riverboat before so we thought we should give it a try. We boarded and went all the way to the top floor so that I could try to get some good pictures.

Unfortunately, we did not pick a very good spot. I kept getting pelted with scalding hot drops of water. It took me about 3 or 4 good hits before I realized that it was coming from the smokestack thing. By that point, the boat was pretty full and there wasnt really anywhere left to move to. So although we had some pretty views as the boat sailed around, it really wasnt worth the pain!

However, since I did endure torment to get these pictures, I think we should enjoy looking at them! Lets go sightseeing&

Continued in next post

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 03-16-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #1446
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

We noticed there were no trains going by on Big Thunder… not a good sign…

You can see the shadow of that cursed smokestack in this picture!

It was really neat to see the attractions in that area from a new perspective, and I really enjoyed taking pictures as the boat sailed around. Now that we’ve done it though, I’m not really in a hurry to ride again.

Continued in next post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #1447
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

We were hoping to get a ride on BTMRR next, but I was doubtful that it was running since we didn’t see any trains go by. We headed that way anyhow though…

These guys were perched up on a rooftop doing a little people watching themselves.

Sure enough, we found the ride broken down when we arrived. We grabbed some FPs and planned on coming back later.

We browsed around in the SM gift shop for a few minutes.

I love the little details in the ceiling in this store…

DD contemplated buying this new friend to add to her Disney stuffed animal collection, but she decided to wait since her funds were getting low!

We left the store empty handed. I took a few minutes to sit down and call to check in with my parents. All was well on the home front, which is always comforting to hear when you are hundreds of miles away.

Since we were right there, we decided to take the train up to the front of the park and walk down Main Street to get back and use our Space Mountain FPs. I know that sounds like the long way around, but we wanted to see if anything fun and entertaining was happening on the street.

Well as soon as we got off the train, the new sign for the theater caught my eye and I wanted to go see what changes had been made.

Somehow we lucked up and there was not another soul in there waiting to see Mickey, so how could we resist that! We walked right in and were so happy to find Minnie as well!

She is so bashful!

Handshakes between the men, hugs for the ladies…

I love these!

We really enjoyed that meet and greet! One of the best we’ve ever had!

DD could not resist this huge Mickey that she found in the gift shop. She has a Minnie that’s the same size and she insisted that Minnie needed a Mickey to keep her company.

DD was no very pleased with me though because I made her use the resort delivery service for her Mickey so we wouldn’t have to lug him around all day. We also had a dinner reservation at a very shwanky place that night and I didn’t think a 3’ tall stuffed animal would be very appropriate to bring in the restaurant!

On our way out we noticed this really pretty courtyard…

And finally, an hour later, we were on our way to use those Space Mountain FPs, and boy were we glad we had them once we got there!

Up next: The longest line I have ever seen!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM   #1448
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Sorry the pictures are so big! I have no idea what the heck Photobucket is doing!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #1449
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

A post from Rinky! Yay! It's too bad the hot dripping water was coming down on you from the smokestack. I hadn't even thought about that being a problem. Your pictures from the riverboat are great!

How great that you lucked up and were able to walk right in and meet Mickey and Minnie! The pictures turned out so good. Just look at that smile on your baby's face.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #1450
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'm still here Rinky!!! So happy to see an update!

Super great pics as always! DH & DS11 rode the Riverboat for the first time this last trip. Sadly I didn't get to ride it. Maybe next time! I will be sure to stay away from the smoke stack though!

MK sure looks crowded that day. What day of the week was that?

I love the new Town Square meet & greet! We have lucked out there 2 or 3 times in a row now, with very little or no wait. It is awesome! Love the pics of your DD and Mickey & Minnie!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #1451
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

I love all your pics!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #1452
sharonW
DIS Veteran

omg your back, your back!!! i'll be here to read soon as I can!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #1453
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

I'm here too ! I love the big pictures .. they're so bright and colorful.
Trying to catch up on TR's .. getting excited for our next trip !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #1455
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! Great update, you have pictures of things I've never seen before....I guess I need to explore more.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: