Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #1426
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post

Ok Memom... I ran the recon mission for you and I give the aft balcony rooms the all clear! They are made with the calustrophobe in mind! I think you would do well! It made a HUGE difference for me and I really enjoyed this cruise!

Yes, the Disney CD was great and it had lots of tropical music on it too which I just LOVE!
I'm listening. Will have to see more evidence, but I am listening.

Details of the CD, please. I need to send the next cruiser some money to buy me one for me.

So thankful that your husband could be a helper after the storms and that you guys were not among the ones who needed the help.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #1427
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm listening. Will have to see more evidence, but I am listening.

Details of the CD, please. I need to send the next cruiser some money to buy me one for me.

So thankful that your husband could be a helper after the storms and that you guys were not among the ones who needed the help.
I will have to go through my pictures and videos and see what I have of the room and balcony. I know I took some just for you, but I haven't had time to look at any of them yet. But I will tell you that the balcony is BIG. I mean BIG! I spent so much time out there. It was great during the day and at night. So worth the money! I still think the inside cabins are good for people who are on a short cruise and their frist cruise and want to be on the go all time seeing everything. They just don't work if you are claustrophobic. The balcony room was perfect though since we had cruised before and new what we wanted to do and what we wanted to skip. We thought we would be spending a lot more time in our room, and we did. Instead of standing with hoards of people at the Sail Away party and Pirate Party, we watched the sail away and the fireworks from our balcony. It was so nice! Definitely a must do from now on. I will post some pics/videos as soon as I have some time.

I hate to tell you this but the CD is one that Jenseib made. She burned it on her computer I guess. It has all the sea themed Disney music plus calypso style music. It is a great CD though! I think people would buy it! Too bad she can't sell it!

DH was glad he could help out too. He said he didn't want to go, but it ended up being pretty rewarding. Things are still really bad there. Lots of people he works with are still there and probably won't be home in time for Thanksgiving. He said he couldn't imagine that a Cat. 1 storm could do that much damage. Around here, there just isn't that much property (or people) at the coast, so our damage from a Cat. 1 would be far less. He said it looked like a bomb had been dropped in some places. Very sad for so many up there.

He did have a few funny experiences though. That was his first time going to NY. He had never been north of Virginia before that trip! Anyway, he ordered 'sweet tea' at a restaurant while he was there and the waitress brought him a cup of hot water, with a tea bag, sugar packets and milk!!! Needless to say, he didn't order tea anymore!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #1428
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Memom, I think I have the CD music still on my computer. If you want to PM me your addresss I can make one for you and send it. I tried to have a bunch of different things for all sorts of people, A little bit of country, calypso, Disney and sailing type music. Music that would make you think of beaches or parties on beaches or sailing.

Rinky, we had really nice weather too. Only really one cold day during the whole trip and that was the day we got off the ship. One day at WDW it rained for about 4.5 seconds.

I remembered you had said the jet skis were a little scary and I had read on other TR's that they go kind of fast, so I was worried a bit how well I would keep up. Well I used to have a boyfriend who had jet skis, though much older modles and we would go almost every week with Michael and Paige when they were little...and I had no worries. They were much smoother jet skis and actually my BIL and I commented on how we wish we could've opened them wide out and just gone on our own. We were at the front of the pack and the ones in the back were WAY back there. Claire loved it. It was her first time and I kept hearing giggles and shreiks behind me.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #1430
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas Rinky! Hope all is well!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #1431
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I hope your Christmas was wonderful Rinky!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 12-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #1432
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Miss you rinky.....hope you come back soon!!
Happy New Year!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #1433
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #1434
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year!!! Hope you have a great one this year with all your new ventures.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #1435
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #1437
sharonW
DIS Veteran

It's sad, Rinky never came back here!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #1438
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Rinky! Oh Rinky! Come on girl, come back to us!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #1439
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Even though I didn't comment much I still loved following along. Miss you come back soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: