Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #931
katt789
DIS Veteran

I will definitely take an early morning walk around CBR, maybe nighttime if I can't get up that early, depending on sunset times lol
I love the CRT experience, I cannot wait until I have a little princess to take there! And I do have to agree that I like the Princess hairstyle the most. Such awesome pics with Rapunzel!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 04-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #932
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love those morning strolls too. I try to take them often when the 3 of us go. I even did it when my Mom was on the ship with us.

DD looks so wonderful...and don't fret about her choice...at least she didn't pick PINK!!!!!

I actually prefer the diva over the bun one. But I know I'm strange.

That was a short wait for Rapunzel. I'm impressed.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #933
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Again, enjoyed this update ever so much!! BBB is such an amazing experience for a little girl not to mention how much mommies and grammies enjoy the experience too!!! So much magic at WDW, can't help but look at those pics of your little girl and think about how fast she will grow up... gotta bottle the memories, thank heavens for pictures that keep those memories alive!
I know. It kills me to see her growing up so fast. I think it wouldn't bother me so much if I could have more children, but I know she is my one and only. I don't want her to stop growing up, just slow down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
BBB looks like such an amazing experience for little girls!! And how nice of you to let her make all her own choices. I know that must have been hard for you!

What a great morning for your DD. Getting to do BBB and then meeting Rapunzel.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day. I hope your DH found some food before he starved to death!!
Well you better get ready. I'm still predicting that you'll have a boat load of granddaughters starting in about 10 short years! You better start saving now b/c they are going to break the bank at BBB!

It was really hard for me to let DD do her own thing, but she is now at the age that she doesn't want me picking out everything for her and I understand that. I'm trying to let go some. I really am.

My DH... what can I say... food is a HIGH priority to him.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #934
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I will definitely take an early morning walk around CBR, maybe nighttime if I can't get up that early, depending on sunset times lol
I love the CRT experience, I cannot wait until I have a little princess to take there! And I do have to agree that I like the Princess hairstyle the most. Such awesome pics with Rapunzel!!
You sound like me. It can be very hard to roll out of bed on vacation. Especially when you are so tired from all that walking! It will be wortht it though if you can manage.

You will love doing the boutique! It's a really special experience. And I'm glad it's not just me who isn't crazy about the Diva hair. It's just too poofy on top. I even tried to smash it down some but it wouldn't budge! They had a ton of hairspray on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love those morning strolls too. I try to take them often when the 3 of us go. I even did it when my Mom was on the ship with us.

DD looks so wonderful...and don't fret about her choice...at least she didn't pick PINK!!!!!

I actually prefer the diva over the bun one. But I know I'm strange.

That was a short wait for Rapunzel. I'm impressed.
Oh my! Yes, the pink would've made me crazy! I can see why little girls like it though, and I REALLY tried to talk myself into loving it, but I couldn't. But she did, so all is well. And you're not weird for liking the Diva better. We all have different tastes. That is obvious between me and my DD! I didn't hate it though, I just thought they teased it up too high or something.

I didn't think the wait for Rapunzel was bad either. I was expecting an hour or more, so I was pleased. We walked up just as they were letting the next group in and we were the very last ones to make it in that group. So I guess we just timed it right.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #935
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I was sooooo far behind! But caught up now and enjoying every moment.

What a perfect morning you had! Despite missing the "prime time" for rides, I think you spent it very wisely having DD all Princess-ed up and then getting to meet Rapunzel without waiting in line for 1.5 hours.

And she looks darling, even with the Diva "poof ball" hairstyle!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #936
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, she looks beautiful!!! Even with Diva hair! I hope your poor DH didn't starve!!!
The Rapunzel meet and greet looks so much better than when we were there in March. She was still new, and people lined up HOURS ahead of time and they had nothing to do for them. Yeah, we skipped it.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #937
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I was sooooo far behind! But caught up now and enjoying every moment.

What a perfect morning you had! Despite missing the "prime time" for rides, I think you spent it very wisely having DD all Princess-ed up and then getting to meet Rapunzel without waiting in line for 1.5 hours.

And she looks darling, even with the Diva "poof ball" hairstyle!
That's ok! I'm way behind on yours too. With Easter, soccer and all the work I've had with tax season, I just haven't gotten caught up with everyone yet. I'll get there though! Things are already slowing down.

I was SO glad the wait for Rapunzel wasn't bad. I don't know if that was because crowds were low during our trip or b/c the new has worn off for the m&g. Either way, I was very happy to only wait 20 minutes and not an hour!

Yes, the poof ball... it made her happy, and that makes me happy! It's funny though that I really didn't like that hairstyle but I loved it when she got her hair painted, frizzed and covered in confetti at the Main Street Barber shop. Not much logic there, I admit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Oh, she looks beautiful!!! Even with Diva hair! I hope your poor DH didn't starve!!!
The Rapunzel meet and greet looks so much better than when we were there in March. She was still new, and people lined up HOURS ahead of time and they had nothing to do for them. Yeah, we skipped it.
Thanks Sheree! I guess I can deal with the Diva hair as long as she doesn't ever develop a diva attitude! Then we will have problems!

I think the Rapunzel m&g had settled down a lot. From what I read before our trip, the lines had really shrunk since they got rid of Flynn. I think the new had worn off as well and there just weren't as many people making a run for her first thing. And crowds were low during our trip, so that all combined for a decent wait time. We didn't even have to wait to be let into the greeting area. As soon as we walked up, they let us in. They cut the line off behind us though. So we were the last ones in our group to meet her and it still was only 20 minutes. Overall, not bad. You should try again when you go back in October and I bet it won't be bad at all.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #938
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I like this one.

So glad your husband did not starve right there in that Rapunzel line. That could have really messed up the whole trip!

The mosaics always are fascinating to me.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #939
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I like this one.

So glad your husband did not starve right there in that Rapunzel line. That could have really messed up the whole trip!

The mosaics always are fascinating to me.
I know you can relate to having men in your group who are highly focused on food! I knew better than to drag him out without breakfast though. I guess I just thought he could handle it for ONE day.

I agree about the mosaics. I love them and always have to take time to admire them. They had some gorgeous ones on the cruise ship too.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #940
pmama
DIS Veteran

Where did you Get the dress DD has on before changing for BBB? Love how it looks more mature!

Also, the pic. With Rapunzel is beautiful.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 AM   #941
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous early morning walk pictures! I love the sun on the buildings!

DD looks like she had a blast at BBB! So fun to get to pick out her own make-up and hairstyle.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #942
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Where did you Get the dress DD has on before changing for BBB? Love how it looks more mature!

Also, the pic. With Rapunzel is beautiful.
Thanks! I like those Rapunzel pics too!

That Minnie dress was one of my awesome Walmart clearance finds last year. I think I paid $3 for it! The green Mickey dress that DD wore at CC also came from there. I don't typically buy clothes from Walmart b/c I usually don't see anything I like, but I have noticed that they sometimes have really cute Disney things in the girls section. In fact, I think I saw that Minnie dress there again this year. They go up to size 16 too!!! Might be worth checking your store. I recently found a very cute t-shirt there that looks just like the 'I love NY' shirts but it had a Mickey head in place of NY. Those also went up through junior sizes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Gorgeous early morning walk pictures! I love the sun on the buildings!

DD looks like she had a blast at BBB! So fun to get to pick out her own make-up and hairstyle.
Thanks! I thought the pink tones of the sunrise were beautiful on the CBR buildings too!

She really did enjoy doing her own thing at BBB... and I managed not to have a meltdown, so all in all it was a success!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #943
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh My - I know I have probably missed more than one update over the past two weeks, but your daughter's BBB appointment looks so fabulous. I love her dress - its really pretty. And I also liked the dress she wore into the parks - so cute. I think her hair turned out lovely, even if the color was a little light. I hear ya though - I would have had to bite my tongue too. But she really does look lovely and you got so many fabulous pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #944
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh My - I know I have probably missed more than one update over the past two weeks, but your daughter's BBB appointment looks so fabulous. I love her dress - its really pretty. And I also liked the dress she wore into the parks - so cute. I think her hair turned out lovely, even if the color was a little light. I hear ya though - I would have had to bite my tongue too. But she really does look lovely and you got so many fabulous pictures!
Thank you! Believe it or not, the Disney store sold that Rapunzel dress as a nightgown! Seemed crazy to me. It was way too nice to be a nightgown. But it was perfect for a costume because it was made of that satiny, cool fabric and didn't have that itchy stuff underneath.

I love that blue Minnie dress too! I am so excited that DD can still wear it! she usually outgrows everything in just one season, but I'm going to get 2 out of that dress!

It is hard to keep quiet when kids pick stuff out. They just have such, ummm... 'interesting' taste. But she really wanted to prove that she is old enough to do it herself. Just one of those letting go moments as a mother.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: