Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #901
sharonW
DIS Veteran

just read your last update, how did I miss it!! I posted about Lesley after your post!! Oh well, I didn't miss it so I'm caught up. Wow the Beach club pics are awesome, I wonder if my feeling that maybe just maybe you'll be staying there on your next disney adventure?? by the way, can't wait to hear about the next trip, is the planning in the works???
Old 04-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #902
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

On the eight day of Swinter my vacation gave to me...

On the eighth day of Swinter my vacation gave to me, a beautiful boutique, posh pirate pool and a totally theatrical tea!

Wednesday, November 2, 2012

Well friends we have arrived at day eight of this never ending journey, and what an exciting day it was! There was lots of pixie dust in store for DD and many magical memories were made, but we will have to talk about all that a little later.

Before we can get to all the fun girly stuff, we had to get up, get showered, dressed, and most of all… motivated. Have I mentioned that we are not really morning people? Well, unfortunately it’s true. No one has to drag us out of bed in the mornings, but we definitely prefer to get up after the sun, not before it. This morning was no exception for DH and DD, but for some reason, I was too excited to sleep! I know that’s supposed to happen before the trip, but I often feel like that while we are actually there too.

I woke up around 6:00 and tried to talk myself into going back to sleep, but it was no use. I just kept thinking about all the fun things DD was going to experience that day and how much I was looking forward to it all. After wrestling with my mind for a while, I finally surrendered to the excitement and got on up and out of bed. I showered and got dressed as quietly as possible as not to wake my sleeping beauties.

I was all packed up and ready to go by 7:00, yet the rest of my crew showed no signs of waking anytime soon. I sat by the window in our room and enjoyed the view for a few moments.

Dawn was just beginning to break and everything had the most beautiful pink glow. It was absolutely more than I could resist. I could almost hear God Himself telling me to get off my rear and go enjoy His awesome creation. And when you think you hear the voice of God, you better get moving don’t you think?

As soon as I set foot outside the walls of that hotel room, I knew I was in for a treat! CBR has plenty of eye candy at 2:00 in the afternoon, but first thing in the morning, it is a true work of art! It’s just too bad that my pictures won’t come close to doing it justice!

Trinidad across the way…

I headed onto the island to make my way to the other side of the resort. I will admit that I felt a little uneasy being there by myself while it was still dark. The island is very lush, which is what makes it so beautiful and enjoyable, but it also makes it a perfect boogie man hideout! There wasn’t another soul around and that only added to my eerie feeling. This is certainly not something that I would’ve ever done anywhere other than Disney World.

I suppose views like this were worth a run in with Jack the Ripper though.

Well as you can see, I made it to the other side of the island alive!

Aruba…

Continued in next post

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 04-10-2012 at 05:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #903
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Even the frogs have loungers near the CBR beaches!

A peek through the wrought iron fence that surrounds the pool...

View of Jamaica from the pool area…

This is reason enough for me to stay at a moderate resort again…

It was such a treat to soak our legs in the hot tub after a long day of walking!

Lots of my bird friends were out and about with me that morning.

The beaches had been combed the night before, so there were no footprints in the sand except mine and…

Oh, look what I spy! Might that be a fire pit?

I see roasted marshmallows in our future!

Boy that hammock looks so good to me right now!

Continued in next post

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 04-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #904
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

A father and son out on an early morning fishing excursion…

It was around this time that it dawned on me that I needed to be heading back. DD’s first dose of pixie dust was starting promptly at 9:00 a.m. I had no idea how long I had been out already. I was having such a good time roaming around and taking pictures that I felt like I was in a time warp.

Back onto the island…

There are nice places to sit all over the island.

Words really can’t describe what this little morning stroll did for my spirit! I enjoyed it more than I can say. It was so nice to have some quiet time alone and to enjoy all the beauty around me. I had to take a moment to just sit and thank the Lord for all the amazing blessings I have in my life, including that wonderful trip!

View from my resting spot...

Almost ‘home’…

Continued in next post

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 04-10-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #905
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

And the sun was finally up…

I love this flower!

I had a ball just playing with the camera and trying different things. I didn’t come away with any award winning photography, but I didn’t expect to. Just the time alone to think and take in all the scenery was reward enough! I do believe I have found a new vacation tradition though… the early morning stroll! Thanks for the inspiration Memom!

When I went into the room DH and DD were still lying around. I checked the time and it was 8:00! Holy cannoli! I couldn’t believe how time had gotten away from me! We were officially in a panicked rush! Thankfully, they had showered the night before, so they slapped on some clothes, did the other grooming necessities and we were out the door by 8:15. Not bad, but will we make it in time!!!

Up next: Put ‘em together and what’ve you got… bibbidi bobbidi boo!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #906
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

What an amazing early morning walk at CBR. I really need to get up and do that sometime. DH & DS10 did it one morning while DS13 & I were at AK. They had a nice time and took a few pics, but I would have taken so many more, like you! Thanks for sharing them.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your day.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #907
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are making me wish sooooo badly that I was at Caribbeaan Beach right now. I absolutely love taking those early morning strolls by myself. As you said, it seems to put you in touch with the Lord and realize how beautiful His creations are.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #908
Marianne4021
Earning My Ears

great trip report!

Disney Vacation Club Castaway Club: Gold
Old 04-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #909
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
All of your Beach Club pictures are lovely! I would so like to stay there one day.

Mmmm, roasted marshmallows! I would have been tempted, too!

Okay, it may be first thing in the morning, but I have no doubt I could put away a bucket of crab legs right now!
Thanks! I think almost everyone here wants to stay at the BC! It seems to be a very popular place.

I have some awesome roasted marshmallow goodness coming up in one of my next updates!

I'm with you on the crab legs! I could eat them any time of day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
just read your last update, how did I miss it!! I posted about Lesley after your post!! Oh well, I didn't miss it so I'm caught up. Wow the Beach club pics are awesome, I wonder if my feeling that maybe just maybe you'll be staying there on your next disney adventure?? by the way, can't wait to hear about the next trip, is the planning in the works???
I would LOVE to stay at the BC on our next trip. It all depends on what discounts come out though. And yes, I'm already planning the next adventure. Can't tell you what we are doing though, b/c we can't make up our minds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
What an amazing early morning walk at CBR. I really need to get up and do that sometime. DH & DS10 did it one morning while DS13 & I were at AK. They had a nice time and took a few pics, but I would have taken so many more, like you! Thanks for sharing them.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your day.
This was my first time going out early by myself like that. You have GOT to do it on your next trip. You will be amazed at how much you enjoy yourself without the kids in tow! Don't get me wrong, I love love love my child, but I cannot concentrate on serious picture taking when she is with me. It's just too distracting! I actually went out another morning by myself b/c I enjoyed it so much! And you are so right... men never take enough pictures. They just can't see the importance of sign pictures, food pictures, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Your pictures are making me wish sooooo badly that I was at Caribbeaan Beach right now. I absolutely love taking those early morning strolls by myself. As you said, it seems to put you in touch with the Lord and realize how beautiful His creations are.
I had never taken a morning walk at Disney before, but I am hooked! It was so peaceful and enjoyable. I really didn't even want to go back to the room. It was one of the highlights of the trip for me. And I always feel closer to the Lord when I can get away from all the distractions of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne4021 View Post
great trip report!
Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying it!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #910
sharonW
DIS Veteran

I swear I feel like a kid on christmas morn...I'm lovin this TR so much!! Your pics are awesome and the quiet time so perfect to take all the beauty in
BBB coming next, did that with my grandaughter and it was such an amazing experience. Got Chloe all dolled up as Cindy and then off to the castle to meet her and dine with other wonderful diz princesses....oh the memories!!!
There is just nothing like WDW....on seats edge awaitin more. Thanks for such quick updates!!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #911
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

You take such beautiful pictures! Thanks for the amazing tour of CBR.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #912
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Rinky your pictures are beautiful! CBR is so beautiful

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #913
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
I swear I feel like a kid on christmas morn...I'm lovin this TR so much!! Your pics are awesome and the quiet time so perfect to take all the beauty in
BBB coming next, did that with my grandaughter and it was such an amazing experience. Got Chloe all dolled up as Cindy and then off to the castle to meet her and dine with other wonderful diz princesses....oh the memories!!!
There is just nothing like WDW....on seats edge awaitin more. Thanks for such quick updates!!
Thank you! It was a very nice stroll that morning and I am sure it will be a repeat thing on all future trips!

The BBB is a very fun experience! I'm so glad you got to do that with your granddaughter. We did it the same way you did back when DD was 4. Having dinner in the castle after going to BBB is certainly as special as it gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
You take such beautiful pictures! Thanks for the amazing tour of CBR.
Thank you! It's easy to get some nice pictures at CBR. It is so beautiful that all you have to do is not mess it up (although I did manage that with a few of my pictures ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Rinky your pictures are beautiful! CBR is so beautiful
Yes it is! I can't wait to stay there again at some point! We're considering POR for our next trip and I'm worried it won't live up to CBR.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #914
MeMom
DIS Veteran

See what a morning walk in Disney World can do for you? It is beautiful while you are experiencing it, and then you can enjoy that walk again and again through pictures as time goes by. No doubt that CBR is a beautiful, beautiful place, and no doubt that some of God's nicest gifts to us are simple things like a Bird of Paradise, the reflection of trees on water, or some of His creatures living their lives without worry, knowing He will take care of them. There is much to be appreciated and much to be reminded of in a morning walk. I'm so glad you took the time to do that. Beautiful pictures!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #915
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
See what a morning walk in Disney World can do for you? It is beautiful while you are experiencing it, and then you can enjoy that walk again and again through pictures as time goes by. No doubt that CBR is a beautiful, beautiful place, and no doubt that some of God's nicest gifts to us are simple things like a Bird of Paradise, the reflection of trees on water, or some of His creatures living their lives without worry, knowing He will take care of them. There is much to be appreciated and much to be reminded of in a morning walk. I'm so glad you took the time to do that. Beautiful pictures!
Oh I absolutely get it now. I knew it was a good time to take pictures without people in them, but I didn't realize what the real reason was that you take your morning walks. As soon as I set out though, it all clicked. Of all the wonderful things that we did on our trip, that walk ranked right up there at the top of the list. I actually told my DH when I got back that I no longer felt guilty for missing two Sundays of church while on vacation b/c I felt closer to God in that hour than I do sometimes sitting on a pew. I feel sure it will become a repeat on all trips!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: