Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #871
Mommy2BnB
Mouseketeer

Your RnRC picture is probably what I would look like IF I were to ride it. I love your VotLM pics! They are amazing! My poor camera took terrible pictures there. Were you sitting near the front? Your boat ride to the Beach Club looked so peaceful. I would love to stay there, too.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #872
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post

I have always wanted to stay at the Beach Club so I couldnít wait to get off that boat and go exploring. Iíve seen countless pictures of this resort over the years, but I was thrilled to be seeing it firsthand. All it did though was make me want to stay there even more!

Isn't it just beautiful??? And to walk in and out the back gate at Epcot... especially out at the end of the day and go straight to your room - very nice!

Thanks for the boat ride this evening. I can picture us there, seeing the rays of sunshine go lower and lower to the ground, hearing the water lap against the boat, walking into Cape May for some delicious food!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #873
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
yes Rinky we were!!!! See, I'm your biggest fan!!!! The update great as usual, I know the feeling for the beach/yacht club....great resorts!!! oh,
the happy feeling ya get from just reading along and seeing the wonderful disney pics. Its a great way to get a diz fix for an addict like myself!!!! excited for more, more and more!!!!
It is a great area over there. I loved it even more than I thought I would. I sure hope I can stay there someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2BnB View Post
Your RnRC picture is probably what I would look like IF I were to ride it. I love your VotLM pics! They are amazing! My poor camera took terrible pictures there. Were you sitting near the front? Your boat ride to the Beach Club looked so peaceful. I would love to stay there, too.
Thanks! We were sitting about half way in the theater. I used my zoom for most of those pictures thoough. The only problem with that is that my camera already struggles in dark areas and then when you add the zoom, it gets grainy. But for the type of camera I have, I guess they turned out pretty good. It's not a SLR, just a high zoom point and shoot.

That was the best boat ride I have taken at WDW. I will not hesitate to book an ADR in that area on a DHS day again. It was very easy to get there and back and the views from the boat are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Isn't it just beautiful??? And to walk in and out the back gate at Epcot... especially out at the end of the day and go straight to your room - very nice!

Thanks for the boat ride this evening. I can picture us there, seeing the rays of sunshine go lower and lower to the ground, hearing the water lap against the boat, walking into Cape May for some delicious food!
Yes, beautiful indeed! I think that is my favorite area of WDW outside of the parks. I really want to spend more time there on my next trip. I want to go over to the Boardwalk and do some exploring there too.

I can just imagine that staying there would be awesome. I love WS so much that having that quick access to the park would be wonderful. The only drawback I can think of to staying at the BC is not having a food court. We really do enjoy that option and I think I would miss it. But everything else is just perfect!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #874
pmama
DIS Veteran

Loved your last post. Your poor daughter looks petrified. Will make me think twice before encouraging the girls to ride it in the Fall now that they are Both tall enough too.
Proud of your DH for speaking up! Irritating that he was ignored though.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #875
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love all the pictures! I don't think there is any such thing as too many pictures at Disney.

Yeay for DD taking a pic with Bo! Here's the story of how it all started...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2107

Since then, Bo gets his picture taken a lot! Now, DD can see why Bo is such a popular guy.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #876
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Loved your last post. Your poor daughter looks petrified. Will make me think twice before encouraging the girls to ride it in the Fall now that they are Both tall enough too.
Proud of your DH for speaking up! Irritating that he was ignored though.
Yeah, I would really tell them to think hard about it before riding, especially if they are not too adventurous. I think your older daughter might like it, but your other DD is a little younger than mine, so that might be iffy. Unlike my DH, I'd just be honest and tell them up front that the take-off is intense and it is very fast and goes upside down. Then if they choose to ride, it will be on them!

I absolutely think that guy understood my DH. I think he was just playing it off to save his hide. I guess that worked out best for everyone though. I'd hate to be bailing my DH out of jail while on vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love all the pictures! I don't think there is any such thing as too many pictures at Disney.

Yeay for DD taking a pic with Bo! Here's the story of how it all started...

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2107

Since then, Bo gets his picture taken a lot! Now, DD can see why Bo is such a popular guy.
I was pretty sure that Chelsea was the originator of the Bo phenomenon, but I didn't want to say so since I wasn't sure. I know her picture was the first Bo picture I ever saw. And look how far he has come now! I wonder how many Dissers have taken that picture! We should start an "In Honor of Bo" thread!

I will have to share that link with my DD so she can see how it all got started. Chelsea looks soooooo small in that picture, btw!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #877
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I think the Indiana Jones show is a guy thing. Over the years I have sat thru it more times than I can count.

You have to stay at the Epcot resorts! I stayed at YC years ago and the after staying at BWI this last trip I fell in love

Can't wait to see how your dinner at Cape May went. We had done Breakfast there for my son' s Birthday one year and were not impressed and after our dinner there this year we both decided never again.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #878
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear what you thought of your Cape May dinner. We stayed at BC in 2008 with my niece and her husband. Probably my most enjoyable stay so far (not counting our first stay with the kids at AKL-which will always have a special place in my heart). We enjoyed both the dinner and the breakfast. AND Stormalong Bay was the BEST!!! Still have my TR in my sig. Several photos there of our stay. I think what I found the sweetest part of the stay was how close we were to everything. We walked to both DHS and Epcot. Loved entering via the International Gateway (and leaving that way at night-low crowds and a beautiful walk). Plus we enjoyed wandering over to the Boardwalk for entertainment and dining. It was just an awesome location. Would stay there again in a heartbeat if I ever got another 40% off code.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 04-08-2012, 06:11 AM   #879
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I was pretty sure that Chelsea was the originator of the Bo phenomenon, but I didn't want to say so since I wasn't sure. I know her picture was the first Bo picture I ever saw. And look how far he has come now! I wonder how many Dissers have taken that picture! We should start an "In Honor of Bo" thread!

I will have to share that link with my DD so she can see how it all got started. Chelsea looks soooooo small in that picture, btw!
Who knew what Chelsea was starting at the time because she was just being her normal crazy self?

I thought the same thing when I pulled up the picture -- she has grown so much in the last four years.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #880
stace208
DIS Veteran

Hi Rinky,
Just popping in to say Happy Easter!

I am sorry that I haven't been posting but I have done my best to read along and am mostly caught up. We leave tomorrow so I will be behind again but it will give me something fun to do when I get back!! I love that I can always count on you and MeMom to take me to my happy place with your awesome pictures!

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day.
Maybe school will ease up on me when I get back. I doubt it, but a girl can dream, right?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #881
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter Rinky!

Great update! I just love DHS. I'm glad you got to see the Little Mermaid minus all the nasty PDA in line!! I really like the Indy show. Must be because I live with all boys and am used to that kind of stuff!

What a beautiful boat ride over to the BC. It sure is an awesome area over there. I can't wait to get there in a few weeks!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your dinner and seeing your BC pics!
Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #882
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
We leave tomorrow so I will be behind again but it will give me something fun to do when I get back!! I love that I can always count on you and MeMom to take me to my happy place with your awesome pictures!
You'll remember that by giving us lots of pictures while you are gone, right?

Quote:
Maybe school will ease up on me when I get back. I doubt it, but a girl can dream, right?

Yeah, that is probably dreaming, but the good thing is, there's not much left of this school year. We'll get a break and plenty of DIS time pretty soon. (Although my summer will be very, very short, since teachers are reporting the last week in July this year. )
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #883
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I think the Indiana Jones show is a guy thing. Over the years I have sat thru it more times than I can count.

You have to stay at the Epcot resorts! I stayed at YC years ago and the after staying at BWI this last trip I fell in love

Can't wait to see how your dinner at Cape May went. We had done Breakfast there for my son' s Birthday one year and were not impressed and after our dinner there this year we both decided never again.
Trust me, you don't have to twist my arm to convince me to stay at the Epcot resorts. They are already at the very top of my list! I am just waiting for the right deal to come along and I am all over it!

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that you didn't like either meal at Cape May. It gets such good reviews and most Dis folks seem to like it a lot. I can't say yet what our opinion was, but I will spill the beans soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Can't wait to hear what you thought of your Cape May dinner. We stayed at BC in 2008 with my niece and her husband. Probably my most enjoyable stay so far (not counting our first stay with the kids at AKL-which will always have a special place in my heart). We enjoyed both the dinner and the breakfast. AND Stormalong Bay was the BEST!!! Still have my TR in my sig. Several photos there of our stay. I think what I found the sweetest part of the stay was how close we were to everything. We walked to both DHS and Epcot. Loved entering via the International Gateway (and leaving that way at night-low crowds and a beautiful walk). Plus we enjoyed wandering over to the Boardwalk for entertainment and dining. It was just an awesome location. Would stay there again in a heartbeat if I ever got another 40% off code.
That's what I am waiting for too. I NEED a pin code or discount to be able to stay there. No way can I pay rack rates. I want to stay there so bad though. If we don't get there this year, then I hope we will by 2013. I really think I will be head over heals in love just like you were if I ever do get that discount code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Who knew what Chelsea was starting at the time because she was just being her normal crazy self?

I thought the same thing when I pulled up the picture -- she has grown so much in the last four years.
She definitely started something big with Bo!

They all grow up so fast. It breaks my heart to see it happen so quickly. I know they have to grow up and become adults and all that stuff, but why does it have to happen almost overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Hi Rinky,
Just popping in to say Happy Easter!

I am sorry that I haven't been posting but I have done my best to read along and am mostly caught up. We leave tomorrow so I will be behind again but it will give me something fun to do when I get back!! I love that I can always count on you and MeMom to take me to my happy place with your awesome pictures!

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day.
Please don't feel like you have to apologize for not posting much. I promise you that I will never hold a grudge over something silly like that. I know we all have busy lives and I certainly expect you to put your family and career ahead of posting on my little insignificant TR. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have you join in whenever you can, but don't ever feel guilty if you are too busy. We're all just here for the fun of it.

I do hope you will be around the Dis more when summer rolls around. But I know that ends up being a busy time too when you have two kids of your own who are out of school as well. I just hope you have a wonderful time on that cruise of yours and I hope you can at least pop back in here and tell me how you liked it and how everything went! Make sure you spend plenty of time in one of those hammocks on CC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Happy Easter Rinky!

Great update! I just love DHS. I'm glad you got to see the Little Mermaid minus all the nasty PDA in line!! I really like the Indy show. Must be because I live with all boys and am used to that kind of stuff!

What a beautiful boat ride over to the BC. It sure is an awesome area over there. I can't wait to get there in a few weeks!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your dinner and seeing your BC pics!
I think you are right about having boys. I think we tend to be interesting in the things that make our kids happy. I guess that's why I'm all into the girly stuff at Disney and don't care much for the boyish stuff. I'm sure if I had a boy that would be totally different though. But I still think I'd like B&tB more than Indie!

I am sooooooo jealous of you staying at the BC. I was drooling over your Poly stay, but the BC is going to be even worse on me! I can't wait to hear what you think about it though. I know you will give me an honest opinion and we have such similar taste in stuff like that so I know whatever you say I will probably agree with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You'll remember that by giving us lots of pictures while you are gone, right?

Yeah, that is probably dreaming, but the good thing is, there's not much left of this school year. We'll get a break and plenty of DIS time pretty soon. (Although my summer will be very, very short, since teachers are reporting the last week in July this year. )
Please don't remind me that school is almost out! I know that is good news for you guys, but that means that I will have 3 drama filled, giggling, screaming, hyper little girls running around here for 10 hours every day!

I can't believe you have to go back at the end of July! That seems crazy! So much for summer break!

--------------------------------

I'm a little late but it's not midnight yet, so HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! I hope you had a fantastic holiday weekend!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #884
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Rinky....if you up for some good reading of another TR in between writing yours, check out Tim And Lesley "Keep Movin Forward", Like yours, their TR's are so interesting and fun, feel like I'm right there in the middle of the magic!! Her first installment has just come up tonight!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #885
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Happy Easter!

Isn't That area just beautiful? I loved staying at YC, but the buses did stink. The pool is awesome, and though I never got in it, I plan to remedy that some day!

I can't wait to hear about Cape May. I am contemplating that one as well for Nov. I don't know how I'll have enough time to eat everywhere, but I'm gonna try!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: