Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #61
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

Love the report so far! We are a year away from our first Dream Cruise so can't wait to read more about what to expect!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #62
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Looks like things were off to an awesome start!! I am loving all the pictures. Can't wait for more!
We did have a fabulous start! The finish on the other hand.... Too bad you know EVERYTHING that's going to happen! Just kidding. There's plenty that I didn't tell you. I do feel like I have spoiled the TR fun for you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
Love the report so far! We are a year away from our first Dream Cruise so can't wait to read more about what to expect!
Oh you are in for such a treat. They make such a fuss over you on the ship. You really get spoiled. And everything is just so nice and clean and gorgeous! You are going to love it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #63
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Oh the Enchanted Garden looked lovely! I can not wait to read and see more. By the way I adore the "goofy" pic of your DH and DD, you can feel the happiness of the moment.
Can not wait to read more, I already want to go on a cruise.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #64
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm behind on my subscriptions, but saw you started this from you posting on my TR, I can't wait to read it all!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #65
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Okay, caught up - I welled up with tears seeing you walk onto the ship! Isn't it amazing?!

I am SO happy Rina fell apart!! What an awesome answer to prayer!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #66
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Oh the Enchanted Garden looked lovely! I can not wait to read and see more. By the way I adore the "goofy" pic of your DH and DD, you can feel the happiness of the moment.
Can not wait to read more, I already want to go on a cruise.
EG was so pretty. Definitely the prettiest of the 3 restaurants in the dining rotation.

You need to take the cruise plunge! You can't go wrong with DCL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm behind on my subscriptions, but saw you started this from you posting on my TR, I can't wait to read it all!!!
Well join the club. I can't seem to keep up with my subscriptions either. It is so much easier when I'm not doing a TR of my own, so I know how you feel. I'm about 20 pages behind on yours. I sure wish I had more DIS time these days.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:04 PM   #67
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You Are On The Ship!!!!!

Isn't that such a wonderful feeling. I was giddy too. I am just reading slowly and taking it all in. I never did eat the lunch buffets at EG. I chose not to go there on embarkation day because I heard they had less kid friendly food, but we never had a chance later in the cruise to try it. 3 days is just too short!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #68
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Okay, caught up - I welled up with tears seeing you walk onto the ship! Isn't it amazing?!

I am SO happy Rina fell apart!! What an awesome answer to prayer!
Wow! You are fast!

Yes, the Dream is awesome. Simply awesome!

Rina's demise was quite miraculous! I have no doubt about that. It never ceases to amaze me how God even cares about the smallest details of our lives, like vacation weather!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #69
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
You Are On The Ship!!!!!

Isn't that such a wonderful feeling. I was giddy too. I am just reading slowly and taking it all in. I never did eat the lunch buffets at EG. I chose not to go there on embarkation day because I heard they had less kid friendly food, but we never had a chance later in the cruise to try it. 3 days is just too short!
I didn't realize that you had a choice of where to eat lunch that first day?? I thought they told you where to go and that's where you had to go. Oh well. When she told us to go to EG, I just assumed that we had been assigned to that restaurant. I had expected to go to Cabanas b/c it seems like that is where everyone else has gone. It didn't really matter though. It was good and we were just happy to be there. I would agree though that there wasn't a whole lot of "kid food" there. DD loves salads so she was fine b/c they had plenty of that.

3 days does fly by super fast!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #70
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I just want to say that seeing your pictures makes me want to be back on that ship NOW!!!
and we have months and months to wait.....
I love it that you had that special photo session with Mickey! Those are some great memories!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #71
3sweetpeas
Mouseketeer

Rina's demise was quite miraculous! I have no doubt about that. It never ceases to amaze me how God even cares about the smallest details of our lives, like vacation weather! [/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I thought while I was reading your TR! . God is good!! I'm in the process of reading Jenseib's TR. I'm fascinated with the cruise and now it's fun to get your take on it. Looking forward to more!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 AM   #72
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sweetpeas View Post
This is exactly what I thought while I was reading your TR! . God is good!! I'm in the process of reading Jenseib's TR. I'm fascinated with the cruise and now it's fun to get your take on it. Looking forward to more!
Hey thanks! Feel free to comment or ask questions
Old 11-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #73
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I was behind but I just caught up!

I am so glad that the stupid hurricane fell apart. What a wonderful way to start your cruise!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #74
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I just want to say that seeing your pictures makes me want to be back on that ship NOW!!!
and we have months and months to wait.....
I love it that you had that special photo session with Mickey! Those are some great memories!
Seeing my pictures make ME want to be on that ship now! I'm finding it really had to adjust to normal life again after this last trip.

Mickey was a hoot! I think he was just taking his time b/c the line wasn't long yet. I do love that mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sweetpeas View Post
Amen to that. I am reminded more and more of that fact everyday.

Jen's TRs are always great! She's a real talent with the camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I was behind but I just caught up!

I am so glad that the stupid hurricane fell apart. What a wonderful way to start your cruise!
I think everyone is behind. It's just that time of year when everything is CRAZY!!

Yep, it was something to see how drastically different the weather actually was for our trip from what the forecast had predicted. Our cruise director even commented one night before the show about how shocked she was at the perfect weather we had when the forecast said it was going to rain pretty much all day everyday of our cruise.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #75
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

I was a lurker on your last TR and am definitely signing on for this one. Disney Dream AND Caribbean Beach Resort?! Too lucky!! Love your ship pictures thus far, the ship looks beautiful!!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: