Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2011, 01:24 PM   #31
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Hi Rinky! Joining in for the fun. Great start so far- loving all of the pictures and explanations. Looks like it was a wonderful vacation.

We have always had wonderful experiences with Hilton Garden Inns. They just seem to always be so clean and nice.

I can't wait to read about your cruise--- I can't bring myself to go on one again ( I did Carnival 15 yrs ago...) so I have to live vicariously thru others.

Oh and since I'm a Carolina Girl, born and bred--- I will say that "South of the Border" makes me a little . It's not exactly what SC should be known for.

Can't wait for more!
Old 11-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #32
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Pretty darn good update for a "boring drive"!!

Your DD is so cute! I love her short hair cut. I enjoyed the videos, so I could hear your southern voices!

I was thinking about you when you were heading down there - worrying and praying right along with you about the weather! BTW - You're welcome. Anytime!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #33
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I think that was a fabulous update!
DD was a very good girl to pay such close attention in school on the first day of a vacation!
I'm not sure I could have held it together like she did!

We are huge fans of Cracker Barrel here in Kansas! Just ate there last weekend.

What a nice hotel you stayed at, your suite looked awesome and you had such a great view of that pool area! I don't blame DD for wanting to get in! I am amazed at how much she has grown in these pics!
So pretty and I have to mention that the bathtub hair picture of her is adorable!

I fretted for you all over the weather. So happy that prayers were answered.
Thanks for the update.
You kept me from working for a little while today!

Oh and is there anyway you can get to Disney over the 4th of July? We are getting quite a group down there....
I didn't know they had Cracker Barrels everywhere. I figured it was a regional thing. I know why you love them, you can shop and eat all at the same time!

DD has really grown since my last TR. It doesn't seem like it, but that last trip was 2 years ago, so there is a big difference in her.

That hurricane really knocked the wind out of my sails. I wish it had been different because I couldn't get as excited as I normally would, but I'm just thankful that everything worked out ok.

Alright now, don't get yourself in trouble at work b/c you're reading this TR.

I'd love to be a part of the big DIS family vacation, but July 4th is not an option for us. I don't know how you ladies stand the heat at that time of year. You all are tougher than I am. If you guys every get together in the fall or winter though, I want to know about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Hi Rinky! Joining in for the fun. Great start so far- loving all of the pictures and explanations. Looks like it was a wonderful vacation.

We have always had wonderful experiences with Hilton Garden Inns. They just seem to always be so clean and nice.

I can't wait to read about your cruise--- I can't bring myself to go on one again ( I did Carnival 15 yrs ago...) so I have to live vicariously thru others.

Oh and since I'm a Carolina Girl, born and bred--- I will say that "South of the Border" makes me a little . It's not exactly what SC should be known for.

Can't wait for more!
Well hello there! I'm so glad you're joining us ladies over here. My TR won't be as much fun as your PTR, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway.

We like the Hilton Garden Inns too. You're right, they are very clean and nice.

I hate that Carnival ruined you on cruises. What exactly was wrong? Was it Carnival specifically or just the whole experience of cruising? I've heard that Carnival is the party cruise line, so maybe that was the problem. I can assure you though that Disney is grade A and first class all the way. Seriously, it was so nice that I felt like a hillbilly most of the time. I wouldn't write off cruising until you give DCL a try.

Now come on Jo, you know you are proud of those South of the Border roots of yours! Hey, if it's any consolation, we have ordinances in NC that prohibit you from putting 'interior living room furniture' on your front porch! So see, we all have skeletons in our southern closets.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #34
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Pretty darn good update for a "boring drive"!!

Your DD is so cute! I love her short hair cut. I enjoyed the videos, so I could hear your southern voices!

I was thinking about you when you were heading down there - worrying and praying right along with you about the weather! BTW - You're welcome. Anytime!
I had no idea that my vacation was salvaged because of you Sheree! You rock!

Seriously though, I really do appreciate it. It really was rather miraculous what happened with the weather on this trip. So all jokes aside, thank you very much for the prayers. It made all the difference!

I love DD's hair too. It is soooooo easy and I like easy! There is no drama with brushing her hair in the morning anymore!

Southern voices.... I have no idea what you are talking about.

-------------------------------------

And thank you to everyone else who was praying us through! I'm so thankful for all of my DIS friends! You guys are the best!

While I'm at it..... Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Old 11-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #35
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I wasn't at work I was at home not getting any work done.... just Dising!

I know for for certain that we will be back in the fall and at Christmas! Always at Christmas....unless some unforeseeable circumstance should arise.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #36
momof2TNboys
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I am following you over from Memom's report. We are going on a cruise in March and look forward to hearing about your experience. Your daughter is adorable!!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #37
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Great start to your trip. I have to say you have a cute accent. Love the room you had at the Hilton. Excited for the next installment.

Happy Thanksgiving Rinky!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #38
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I wasn't at work I was at home not getting any work done.... just Dising!

I know for for certain that we will be back in the fall and at Christmas! Always at Christmas....unless some unforeseeable circumstance should arise.
Oh ok. Well that's alright then! I'm guilty of Dising instead of doing housework on a regular basis.

I love Disney at Christmas. That's my favorite time to go. As soon as DD's school calendar comes out for next year, I'll be making plans for a 2012 trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2TNboys View Post
Joining in! I am following you over from Memom's report. We are going on a cruise in March and look forward to hearing about your experience. Your daughter is adorable!!
Thank you, and welcome! It seems like everyone is coming from Memom's place. We're glad to have you joining in. Cruise details will be coming up in the next update! I think March would be a great time to go. 'Jenseib' went in March of this year I believe. If you haven't read her report, it's a good one with lots of info and fantastic pictures! There may be someone else here who has cruised in March too but I don't know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Great start to your trip. I have to say you have a cute accent. Love the room you had at the Hilton. Excited for the next installment.

Happy Thanksgiving Rinky!
Thanks! I hope you have a great holiday!

Well, I am going to take everyone's word for it that I have an accent, but I still claim that I don't hear one at all.

That Hilton was really nice. I would stay there again if we drive, but DH says we're flying next time. We'll see.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #39
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

It was ME!! I cruised on the Dream 3 day last March. Feel free to check out my TR in my signature! I'm happy to answer any questions too.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:22 AM   #40
stace208
DIS Veteran

Loved the pictures of your drive down! Add in some from your home state and that's my drive!! Since we leave around 3 AM it's usually the sunrise I am seeing though, not the sunset!

Thanks for your tips on the dolphin swim vs. encounter. I value your opinion greatly so keep them coming!

Oh, and I am scheming a Christmas 2012 trip as well. We're out earlier than normal so we could have a trip and some down time too. Just gotta convince "da man" LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving Rinky! I'm thankful that I found my way to your TR!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #41
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was ME!! I cruised on the Dream 3 day last March. Feel free to check out my TR in my signature! I'm happy to answer any questions too.
I thought it was you Sheree, but then I wasn't 100% sure if it was March or May.

But yes, Sheree's TR is another great one to read. If anyone else went in March, feel free to speak up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Loved the pictures of your drive down! Add in some from your home state and that's my drive!! Since we leave around 3 AM it's usually the sunrise I am seeing though, not the sunset!

Thanks for your tips on the dolphin swim vs. encounter. I value your opinion greatly so keep them coming!

Oh, and I am scheming a Christmas 2012 trip as well. We're out earlier than normal so we could have a trip and some down time too. Just gotta convince "da man" LOL!

Aw, you are too sweet! So much Thanksgiving love going around the DIS!

Isn't that a FUN drive down I-95! The part I hate is that you either have tons of traffic, mostly big trucks which tear my nerves up, or if it's not busy then that repetitive thump of the road is almost hypnotic and can put you to sleep! I know you know that sound I'm talking about.

Well it sounds like maybe a DIS Christmas trip is brewing. We haven't even had Christmas 2011 and we're already planning for 2012! We're all sick and twisted!

Have a great Turkey day Stacy!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #42
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Yes, you are more March than me. I was March 31st...so technically still in March, but the majority in April.

But my TR is in my signature as well. (A Hop, No Skip and Many Mishaps to a Dream)
Old 11-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #43
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post

Stacy, I'll help you work on him this summer if you don't have him convinced. I only hope we overlap on our trips!!!
Rinky, Stacey's Ellie and your DD would make perfect playmates on the beach at Vero in June....
It's not nearly so hot right there by the ocean.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #44
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh and Rinky, Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope your family has a wonderful day!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #45
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I had a little bit of time and found your tr. I may not comment a lot because of time but I will be following and commenting when I have time. When I read your tittle I started singing "Swinter" in my head. We love Phinneas and Ferb in our house.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: