Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #331
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

The underwater pictures are amazing I wish I could swim I would surely have to buy a waterproof camera. Great Update

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #332
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The underwater pictures are amazing I wish I could swim I would surely have to buy a waterproof camera. Great Update
Well I am glad you enjoyed them. I thought they turned out pretty bad. I did not practice enough with that camera before the trip. It was new and I really didn't know what I was doing. Plus, it is a lot harder than it looks. You are moving, the water is moving and the fish are moving. It' pretty difficult to get anything decent. And the water was so deep that it didn't look super clear like at Blue Lagoon. I did manage to get some a little better later on though, but it is challenging to say the least.

You know it's never too late to learn how to swim. I bet you could take a class and have it down pat in no time. I have seen lots of adults taking lesson at the Y here where we live. But you know, with the inflated vest on, you really only have to kick your feet. The vest holds you up. But I do understand. My mom can't swim and she would not go in the water past her knees if her life depended on it. It just terrifies her.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #333
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post

Once we had all our gear on and adjusted to fit properly, then the fun really began! We immediately realized that we should have waited and put all that stuff on IN the water. It was SO hard to walk in those flippers! The three of us staggered towards the water like a bunch of drunk penguins! Then once the flippers filled with water, we could hardly lift them. We finally just gave up and belly flopped into the water so we could start swimming. We got so tickled at ourselves that we laughed until we had tears in our eyes!
This sounds like an episode that would happen with our bunch. Very funny to think back on, I'm sure. Next time, you'll be experts.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #334
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Snorkeling looks so fun! Hard work I am sure but what pretty views! Too bad you couldn't find the coconut postcard. Those look very cool! Great update Rinky!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #335
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
This sounds like an episode that would happen with our bunch. Very funny to think back on, I'm sure. Next time, you'll be experts.
Well, I'm not so sure about that. Maybe we'll be a little better next time, but 'experts' is highly doubtful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Snorkeling looks so fun! Hard work I am sure but what pretty views! Too bad you couldn't find the coconut postcard. Those look very cool! Great update Rinky!
Thanks Kelli! The snorkeling was so much fun, even if we had no idea what we were doing. We all are itching to try it again.

I was pretty bummed about the coconuts. I had already told my mom to expect a surprise in the mail too. But while I was typing that update, it occured to me that they might have been for sale IN the post office! DUH! I never even checked there.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #336
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Wow Castaway Cay looks so awesome! Sounds like you guys were having so much fun snorkeling. I would have no idea what I was doing either!

That sky sure looked dark. I can't believe you didn't get any rain that day. That sure was lucky!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #337
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Wow Castaway Cay looks so awesome! Sounds like you guys were having so much fun snorkeling. I would have no idea what I was doing either!

That sky sure looked dark. I can't believe you didn't get any rain that day. That sure was lucky!
I'm telling you, CC is worth the cost of the cruise alone! It is tropical perfection.

I know, we were very fortunate to have such good weather considering the forecast we had.

I think you fogot to answer my question earlier about where did you decide on going since you canceled the cruise. Or maybe you are keeping it a secret for a PTR??? If it's not a secret though... inquiring minds want to know!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #338
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I didn't realize there was a snorkeling trail at Castaway Cay! That sounds really awesome! Dh and I love snorkeling, so I'm sure we'd have a blast. Oh the reasons to take a Disney cruise keep mounting, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold out!

Awesome that the weather held out! I'd be bummed if it rained on you guys!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #339
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures. Can't wait to go back on a cruise.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #340
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

You had me laughing out loud with the flippers/drunk penguins episode! That is something we would do too! And those kinds of things make the best memories.

I'm thrilled to hear there wasn't one drop of rain!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 01-25-2012, 07:56 AM   #341
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I didn't realize there was a snorkeling trail at Castaway Cay! That sounds really awesome! Dh and I love snorkeling, so I'm sure we'd have a blast. Oh the reasons to take a Disney cruise keep mounting, I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold out!

Awesome that the weather held out! I'd be bummed if it rained on you guys!
I feel for you. I remember the feeling of succombing to the DCL temptation! You might as well go ahead and wave the white flag... you can't beat it!

The snorkeling trail is awesome! There are actually two of them. One is longer than the other, but both are very long! We couldn't even finish the shorter one. I think when DD gets older though we will be able to do it. I really wanted to find some of the hidden treasures in the water. I'm looking forward to going back so I can try again! If you guys already enjoy snorkeling, I think you would love it on CC. I felt really safe with the lifeguards stationed all along the trail and knowing there was a shark fence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
Love the pictures. Can't wait to go back on a cruise.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
You had me laughing out loud with the flippers/drunk penguins episode! That is something we would do too! And those kinds of things make the best memories.

I'm thrilled to hear there wasn't one drop of rain!!!
I'm glad my ignorance could give you a chuckle! It was pretty funny though! I'm sure the folks on shore got quite a laugh too. And you're right, those are the best memories!

We were so thankful for NO RAIN!! Rain and the beach just don't mix.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #342
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Love your underwater pics.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #343
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I'm telling you, CC is worth the cost of the cruise alone! It is tropical perfection.

I know, we were very fortunate to have such good weather considering the forecast we had.

I think you fogot to answer my question earlier about where did you decide on going since you canceled the cruise. Or maybe you are keeping it a secret for a PTR??? If it's not a secret though... inquiring minds want to know!

We haven't officially decided on anything yet. We are doing WDW in May. The cruise would have been spring 2013. It may end up being CA and DL and some sites out there in summer 2013. Unless I can find some decent airfare to Hawaii!!!

DS12 was never on-board with the whole cruise thing and now after that cruise ship accident near Italy he is terrified. So I guess my cruising dream will just have to live thru you for now.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #344
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Love your underwater pics.
Thanks! I have more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
We haven't officially decided on anything yet. We are doing WDW in May. The cruise would have been spring 2013. It may end up being CA and DL and some sites out there in summer 2013. Unless I can find some decent airfare to Hawaii!!!

DS12 was never on-board with the whole cruise thing and now after that cruise ship accident near Italy he is terrified. So I guess my cruising dream will just have to live thru you for now.
Really? I thought your older son was your thrill junkie, afraid of nothing? I would've expected you to have said that about your younger son. And I know this won't help him a bit since he doesn't know me from Adam, but I felt really safe on DCL. Maybe it was a false sense of security because of the pixie dust on everything Disney, but I did feel safe. And that is saying a lot coming from me... chicken to beat all chickens! But I do understand. It is quite intimidating knowing that you are out there in that enormous ocean with no land in sight. I get it. I really do. And to be honest, I've tried not to watch too much of the Italy cruise news because I know it will freak me out and I'll get too afraid to sail again. The thought of those people being trapped in that ship and drowning is so horrible. But, I just keep telling myself that it wasn't a Disney ship and Disney does everything better.

I hope you will take a cruise someday though. Maybe after your big 2013 celebration, you can think about a cruise. I'm having a hard time deciding what we will do this year. I'm trying to decide between another land/sea combo or renting DVC points and staying deluxe at WDW. I just can't make up my mind either. I'm REALLY looking forward to your TR about the BC though b/c if we rent points, that would be my first choice. So take lots of pictures for me in May.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: