Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #301
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Wow!!! not a good show, eh??? Guess it happens!!!

The food looked delish, nice presentation.

I thought all your pics great, YES,even the fireworks!!!

Totally enjoying this marvelous disney adventure!!!

The only negative thing I will say is UGH to the looks
of those crowds...but have been to WDW many times
at christmas wk which is absolutely crazy with crowds.
Would it stop me from going?? "NEVER"!!!

Cannot wait for more updates!!!
Well I can say that there are very, very few Disney rides/shows that I don't enjoy, but yes, it does occasionally happen. And I am sure there are people who love that show. There was lots of laughter coming from the audience, so it seemed to go over well. I am just a sucker for classic Disney and this seemed to be a modernized version and I just didn't care for it. It didn't give me the warm fuzzies and I am very fond of Disney style warm fuzzies.

All the food on the cruise was really good and it all came out looking fancy. You really feel like royalty the way they treat you. It makes getting back into the real world a very difficult transition!

I know those crowds at Christmas are insane! I think you can find ways to make it work though like doing rope drop, using FP, and avoiding the EMH park, etc. That's what I learned from this cruise... there are things I would skip next time or do differently to work out some of the issues that we ran into. I am certain that our next cruise will be extra magical now that I know how to work the system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi Rinky, looked like a great evening - we loved the theming at the Enchanted Garden.. I think this restaurant is going to be on the Fantasy ship too so I'm looking forward to going to it again next year!

I sort of agree with you on 'Villains Tonight' - it was the one show I wasn't as worried about seeing, but DH said that he wouldn't mind seeing it so we went... he didn't know most of the villains though! (Yzma, Kronk, Hades, Pain & Panic lol) ... I liked the storyline but didn't feel the pop culture jokes were necessary - I loved the Cruella De'Vil scene & Scar too

Looking forward to more updates, your TR has been so good so far

Emma x
You know I really expected Royal Palace to be the 'nicest' restaurant and it was fancy, but I think EG was the prettiest. They were all neat though and we enjoyed each one.

You are going to have a wonderful time on the Fantasy. It will be interesting to see how it differs from the Dream.

You know that may be another reason why I didn't care for Villains Tonight. I didn't really know most of the characters either. We haven't even seen several of those movies. But I still didn't care for the style of it. One of the things that I love about Disney is that it is a total escape from reality for me and if I wanted to hear about Lindsay Lohan and all her issues then I could just turn on the news. I guess for me it was missing that Disney innocence that I love so much.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #302
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I notice you keep mentioning your 'Next cruise"! Are you keeping a secret from us?

I thought the Villains show had a lot of good talent and found a lot of it funny, but we didn't know all the characters either. (I'm fairly up on the pop culture stuff too, so I thought some of that was funny) Then again, I found the Toy Story show to be a bit annoying and loud - especially the scenes with Sid. It was too much for me. Like you said - there's something for everyone! I agree, that I would be able to do things differently and skip some things if and when we go again.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #303
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I notice you keep mentioning your 'Next cruise"! Are you keeping a secret from us?

I thought the Villains show had a lot of good talent and found a lot of it funny, but we didn't know all the characters either. (I'm fairly up on the pop culture stuff too, so I thought some of that was funny) Then again, I found the Toy Story show to be a bit annoying and loud - especially the scenes with Sid. It was too much for me. Like you said - there's something for everyone! I agree, that I would be able to do things differently and skip some things if and when we go again.
I wish I was keeping a secret from you, but I promise I am not. I guess I keep saying that b/c we all want to do another Disney cruise, so I am pretty sure another one is in our future. DH and DD are actually driving me nuts over it! They have nagged and nagged me to go ahead and book another one. I can't say why just yet (don't want to spoil the TR), but I am not as eager to rebook. I know I want to do it again, but there is one "issue" holding me back.

You know I think I would have liked the show a lot better if they had chosen better characters. I mean, Disney has THE BEST villains, so why did they have to do the show with so many odd ball ones? They've got Scar, Maleficent, Ursula, Gaston, Jafar, Cruella, Lady Tremaine, etc., yet they chose Hades, Yzma, and Pain and Panic as the main characters????? I don't get that at all. I don't think most people even know who they are. We've never even seen Hercules or The Emporer's New Groove all the way through, and I would dare say that most people don't think those are Disney's finest movies anyway. But that is just my opinion. Maybe there are people who love those movies. But like I said, it's not a problem b/c if we sail again on the Dream, it will probably be another 3 night cruise and we could use that night to do other things since you have so little time on the ship with that short of a cruise.

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 01-21-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #304
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

The enchanted Garden looks so pretty! What a fun night you all had. I have heard that about Villains. We saw Hercules on the Wonder in 2000, it was really great despite not being a huge movie. Although Hercules is one of my favorite Disney movies, I love Hades.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #305
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

The Enchanted Garden looked very nice indeed. I can not believe your DD loves salads so much. I could never get either of my DS to eat salad.
I have to ask what was that in the middle of your plate of scallops which looked great BTW

That was cute about your DD not quite sure about coloring on the tablecloth. Oh and love the hats the server made for you guys

Unbelievable how crowded the deck was for Pirate nite. I think I would have been bummed out too not being able to see. I think they need to schedule that at 2 times so it is not so crowded

Sorry you did not care for the theatre show. I think your photos came out good of the fireworks , you should see some of the ones I have taken. I do hate changeing setting on the camera or remembering to change them I had a couple mishaps on my last trip too. Speaking of which I need to play some more with my camera before our trip.
I had no idea there were even fireworks at sea that is just so awesome!

Those mosaic photos are beautiful I bet it is something to see in person

You have me curious as to why your holding back on booking another cruise............are you thinking about expanding your family perhaps?

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #306
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
The enchanted Garden looks so pretty! What a fun night you all had. I have heard that about Villains. We saw Hercules on the Wonder in 2000, it was really great despite not being a huge movie. Although Hercules is one of my favorite Disney movies, I love Hades.
EG is a super pretty restaurant!

Maybe we should give Hercules another try after what you've said. We have never watched it all the way through so maybe we are just missing something. But if you like Hades, you would probably love the Villains show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
The Enchanted Garden looked very nice indeed. I can not believe your DD loves salads so much. I could never get either of my DS to eat salad.

She has always loved a salad. But she is a big vegetable eater anyway. Her favorite food is squash! I'm not kidding! We have always had a garden though and I think that has helped her to want to eat those things. I was the same way when I was little because my Daddy had a garden too.

I have to ask what was that in the middle of your plate of scallops which looked great BTW

I had to go back and look at the menu because I couldn't remember. This was the description... "Caramelized Sea Scallops With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction"

So it was 'pearl pasta'. I don't think I even knew what I was eating! I just knew I wanted those scallops and they rocked!

That was cute about your DD not quite sure about coloring on the tablecloth. Oh and love the hats the server made for you guys

Unbelievable how crowded the deck was for Pirate nite. I think I would have been bummed out too not being able to see. I think they need to schedule that at 2 times so it is not so crowded

That would be a good idea. Pirate Night was even worse than the Sail Away Party for crowds. As you can see, people were packed in all the way to the very back of the pool deck. It was crazy!

Sorry you did not care for the theatre show. I think your photos came out good of the fireworks , you should see some of the ones I have taken. I do hate changeing setting on the camera or remembering to change them I had a couple mishaps on my last trip too. Speaking of which I need to play some more with my camera before our trip.
I had no idea there were even fireworks at sea that is just so awesome!

The fireworks at sea are really, really awesome! The show is nothing like what you see in the parks, but for it to be on a ship floating in the ocean, it is so cool!

Yes, make sure you learn how to use your camera before your trip. I did not practice enough with my waterproof camera before we left and I am kicking myself now.

Those mosaic photos are beautiful I bet it is something to see in person

I had seen pictures of it before, but they never did it justice. It's amazing!

You have me curious as to why your holding back on booking another cruise............are you thinking about expanding your family perhaps?

No, that won't be happening. We really wanted to have one more child, but I had some major medical problems about 3 years ago and had to have an emergency hysterectomy. I wish that was what my 'issue' was though. But you will find out soon what it is that has me hesitant to rebook. Sorry about the suspense!
replies in blue
Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #307
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Now that we are making confessions about the shows, here goes mine.
When we were on the Magic year before last we saw every show and thought they were all good.

Last year on the Dream, we didn't see a single show! So we have never seen Villains...
I've heard about it and had some of the same questions that you have about the characters...
Old 01-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #308
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post

Maybe we should give Hercules another try after what you've said. We have never watched it all the way through so maybe we are just missing something. But if you like Hades, you would probably love the Villains show.

replies in blue
I think what I like most about Hercules is the music. They have a really great soundtrack that makes me want to get up and dance. The play they did on the Wonder was really good. I would definitely give the Villains show a try since Hades is one of my favorite bad guys lol.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #309
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't say why just yet (don't want to spoil the TR), but I am not as eager to rebook. I know I want to do it again, but there is one "issue" holding me back.
I was going to guess an additional family member, too, but since you've nixed that, I'll go with a move, maybe?
Or a new job?
Or an Aulani trip?
Mystery and excitement are in the air!

The shows would be a big draw for me in taking a cruise. I would want to see them all!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #310
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Now that we are making confessions about the shows, here goes mine.
When we were on the Magic year before last we saw every show and thought they were all good.

Last year on the Dream, we didn't see a single show! So we have never seen Villains...
I've heard about it and had some of the same questions that you have about the characters...
You didn't see any of the shows on the Dream... What in the world Wigd! I think that is absolutely grounds for a redo! And don't let me talk you out of seeing Villains. Go and see what you think about it for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
I think what I like most about Hercules is the music. They have a really great soundtrack that makes me want to get up and dance. The play they did on the Wonder was really good. I would definitely give the Villains show a try since Hades is one of my favorite bad guys lol.
Ok, you've talked me into it. We'll give Hercules another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I was going to guess an additional family member, too, but since you've nixed that, I'll go with a move, maybe?
Or a new job?
Or an Aulani trip?
Mystery and excitement are in the air!

The shows would be a big draw for me in taking a cruise. I would want to see them all!
Wow, you guys are going to be so dissapointed when I get to the part of the report that explains why I'm hesitant to rebook! There may be a little mystery to it, but there sure isn't any excitement. But to answer your questions... we will probably never move from here as we live on a family farm. There's no new job in sight for DH (and thank God after all the drama we went through last year over that!), and the only way I'll be adding to my family is through adoption, and I'm not quite ready to think about that yet. Sooooo, that leaves Aulani! I'd love to go to Aulani... but.... my wallet says NO! I will tell you though that my 'issue' is over something bad that happened on the last night of our cruise.

Disney shows are a favorite of mine as well. And if you ever do cruise, I want you to see and do everything! Don't skip anything b/c of my opinions. I have to do and see everything for myself too. I read so many negative reviews about La Hacienda, but we had to try it out. We LOVED it! So you just never know until you go!

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 01-22-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #311
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh no! Something bad happened on the last night of your cruise?
My first thought was that gal in the little swimsuit showed up again....

We are going back on the Dream in June so I promise we will see some shows this time around...
Sometimes I just take the relaxing thing a bit too far.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #312
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

replies in blue
Hmm pearl pasta, not sure I ever heard of it but it is better than what I was thinking it might be (some type of fish eggs) and those scallops looked great.

I am so sorry you can not have another child, you and DH are such wonderful parents

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #313
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Hi there, I just found your TR, so I'm joining in a bit late! I went on my first Disney Cruise last summer and can't wait to get back on the Dream this June!

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trips: DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
Old 01-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #314
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh no! Something bad happened on the last night of your cruise?
My first thought was that gal in the little swimsuit showed up again....

We are going back on the Dream in June so I promise we will see some shows this time around...
Sometimes I just take the relaxing thing a bit too far.
Well... you might be onto something with the swimsuit gal, but I wouldn't let something like that stop me from cruising again. Granted, I NEVER want to see anything like that again, but I am way too stubborn to let someone like that keep me from enjoying myself.

Yes, you really need to see the shows on the Dream. If you don't have time to see them all then you should at least see one or two. If I had to prioritze them it would be...

1. Golden Mickey's
2. Believe
3. Villains Tonight

And there's nothing wrong with relaxing. I need to do more of that on vacation and quit some of the go, go, go.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:34 PM   #315
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

We
Quote:
Well... you might be onto something with the swimsuit gal, but I wouldn't let something like that stop me from cruising again. Granted, I NEVER want to see anything like that again, but I am way too stubborn to let someone like that keep me from enjoying myself.

Yes, you really need to see the shows on the Dream. If you don't have time to see them all then you should at least see one or two. If I had to prioritze them it would be...

1. Golden Mickey's
2. Believe
3. Villains Tonight

And there's nothing wrong with relaxing. I need to do more of that on vacation and quit some of the go, go, go.
We saw Golden Mickey's on the Magic so I'll go with Believe as my top choice. Our good friend Jenjolt is cruising with us so I imagine she will want to see them all!!!
It's her first cruise so I plan to indulge her.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: