Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #211
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Loved the pictures of the sunrise!!! What a gorgeous view!!!
I'm really really looking forward to sailing on the Dream!!!!!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #212
VAisforDisneyLvrs
Mouseketeer

Hi, Rinky! I've not been on the DIS too much lately except for reading the Rumors board, but I decided to catch up on everyone's TRs. I used to enjoy reading them so much, so I don't know why I stopped!

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello. Your DD has changed so much since your last trip! They grow up and it's wonderful and awful all at the same time!

The pictures of the sky at sunrise are enough to convince me to go on a cruise. Simply gorgeous! I can't wait to read more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #213
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I'm joining in a little late, but I read your last TR and really enjoyed it, so I was excited to find you had started a new one! Your daughter has really grown up! She's so cute. Really enjoying so far!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #214
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Wow .. your trip is just convincing me more and more to do this cruise thing ! It all just looks so amazing and I think I need to do this soon !
After our next trip I'm going to start planning it ..

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #215
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Love the TR!!! More please!
Welcome! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm working on another update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Loved the pictures of the sunrise!!! What a gorgeous view!!!
I'm really really looking forward to sailing on the Dream!!!!!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!
It was a cloudy day so it wasn't the most perfect sunrise ever, but it was still beautiful. You are going to have a fantastic time on the Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAisforDisneyLvrs View Post
Hi, Rinky! I've not been on the DIS too much lately except for reading the Rumors board, but I decided to catch up on everyone's TRs. I used to enjoy reading them so much, so I don't know why I stopped!

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello. Your DD has changed so much since your last trip! They grow up and it's wonderful and awful all at the same time!

The pictures of the sky at sunrise are enough to convince me to go on a cruise. Simply gorgeous! I can't wait to read more.
Well hello there! I'm so glad you found me again!

Yes they do grow up fast. She doesn't have that baby face to me anymore and that makes me sad. I hate it when kids get their permanent teeth in b/c it instantly makes them look so much older.

I think every Disney lover needs to try the cruise at least once. I know it isn't something that everyone will love, but you'll never know if you don't go. I hemmed and hawed forever about going, but I am SO glad that I finally did it! Only problem is that it has opened up a whole new can of travel worms for me and now I want to go to Europe and Canada and Hawaii and Alaska...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hi there! I'm joining in a little late, but I read your last TR and really enjoyed it, so I was excited to find you had started a new one! Your daughter has really grown up! She's so cute. Really enjoying so far!
Thank you! And WELCOME! I'm so glad you found out about the report! I'm always glad to have more friends join in on the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Wow .. your trip is just convincing me more and more to do this cruise thing ! It all just looks so amazing and I think I need to do this soon !
After our next trip I'm going to start planning it ..
Yay! I say go for it! Life is short, vacation hard! And there's LOTS more to come in this TR that should seal the deal for you. Anyone who can see Castaway Cay and not want to go... well, they are just strange!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #216
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

The Third Day of Swinter: Part 2

So I left off with us heading out for our exciting excursion on Blue Lagoon Island! Our stateroom hostess left our dolphin encounter tickets in our room the night before, which was nice because we didn’t have to go pick them up.

We were told to report to the Buena Vista Theater (where they show movies) at 9:30 to get checked in and receive our ID bracelets. They also provided towels for everyone so you don’t need to bring your own. This whole process went really smoothly and quickly.

We all walked off the ship together as a group with our CM leading the way. This was our first time entering a foreign country so we were all pretty excited and wondered what in the world this adventure would hold for us?

First steps outside of the good ol’ U.S.A.

When I looked back at the ship, I thought it was cool how you could see the Aquaduck hanging off the side.

You walk across this short bridge and the Blue Lagoon boat is waiting just on the other side. You don’t actually go into Nassau.

The Nassau Welcome Center and Marketplace

This is the type of boat that takes you over to the island. The boat has a snack bar with chips, candy bars, and canned soft drinks. There is also a bathroom on board.

We were told that it would be a 30 minute boat ride to the island, but it was more like 20. We took a seat on the outer edge of the boat so that I could take pictures during the ride.

They give you a narrated tour on the way to the island and tell you about the area and what celebrities live in the oceanfront homes there. We first sailed by the lost city of Atlantis.

I LOVED this row of apartments or condos or whatever they were. This is what I picture in my mind when I think of a house in the Bahamas, and it looked so much like the Caribbean Beach Resort that we would be staying at later in the trip.

Looking back at the port. Royal Caribbean’s ‘Allure of the Seas’ is the ship on the right. It was enormous! (But bigger isn’t always better!)

I leaned over the edge of the boat and took a picture of the water. I was so excited to finally see it for myself and it looked even more beautiful than it does in pictures and commercials. The water was pretty deep where we were and you could still see all the way to the bottom!

There were many multimillion dollar celebrity homes along the shoreline. I was sitting on the wrong side of the boat to get any good pictures though, but I took plenty on the way back. I’m not sure which house this was but we were told that Oprah, Chuck Norris, Tiger Woods and some famous baseball player (his name escapes me right now) all live in this area. Must be nice!

Continued in next post

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 01-11-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #217
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

JUST GORGEOUS!

That water is incredible. How awesome to be going on a dolphin adventure! So how warm was it that day?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #218
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

DD went up to the front of the boat so she could see better and ruin the hair that I had already fixed twice that day. Unfortunately, the bad hair day pattern was destined to continue... for both of us.

It wasn’t long before we could see the lookout tower at the entrance of Blue Lagoon Island!

I started snapping away before we even got off the boat. This is part of the beach area. Look at that water!

DD spotted this water play area almost instantly and of ‘course she wanted to know if she could play on all the blow up stuff. I knew we were not allowed to without paying extra since it isn’t included in the dolphin encounter excursion, but DH insisted on asking one of the workers on the boat. His response was “Absolutely! You are welcome to use all the facilities here all day.” I was certain that this was incorrect from what I had read here on the DIS, but I thought maybe the policy had recently changed. Regardless, DD now had her heart set on checking out those water slides and floats.

Time to get off the boat!

They had a changing area if you needed it, but we already had our suits on so we just put our things in a locker (free of charge) and went on to the orientation. We were sent to a little outdoor classroom where we learned about the anatomy of dolphins and the appropriate ways to touch them. We also learned where NOT to touch them if you know what I mean. That provoked a question or two from my little Encyclopedia Britannica for which I quickly responded with, “Oh, look at the pretty butterfly over there!” Stellar parenting… I know!

Then we were sent to a floating platform where we all sat down and waited for our turn to get into the water.

More and more excited families came and sat down until the platform was almost full. And that’s when it happened… the very last person to join our group was ‘that woman’… you know the one that everyone gasps at because they simply cannot believe their eyes. Yep… of all the groups doing the dolphin encounter that day, we had to be the lucky ones to be graced with her presence. Maybe I’m just a backwoods hillbilly who knows nothing about the world outside of rural North Carolina, but I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like that, live and in person, in my life.

‘That woman’ marched herself down to the platform, proud as a peacock, wearing practically nothing. Maybe I’m weird, but I tend to classify strings as practically nothing. Her bathing suit was pretty much the equivalent of a few fig leaves strung onto a piece of dental floss, and let’s just say that the floss on her backside was playing hide and go seek where the sun don’t shine.

DH turned to me and said, “Well Dorothy… I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore!” Little did we know this was just a foreshadowing of things to come during our time in this foreign land!

And there we all sat, a bunch of Mickey Mouse loving families, all there to spend an hour fulfilling wholesome childhood dreams of frolicking with Flipper when she made her grand entrance. I do believe you could have heard a pin drop. And of ‘course, in true 7 year old fashion, my DD blurts out, “What in the world is that woman wearing?”

My response…… “Not much!”

I tried to just put it out of my mind and focus on the fun about to be had. After all, the dolphin encounter would only last an hour and then I’d never have to see her overexposed bum again, right? Dum, dum, dum!

Thankfully, the trainer came on out and got things moving along which focused our attention elsewhere. He called for one of the dolphins and out of nowhere he appeared!

This is 6 year old Salvador!

Remember how I told you this was destined to be a bad hair day? Well, my plan was for us to keep our hair dry until after our family picture had been taken. However, Salvador had other plans. The trainer told him to go around and welcome everyone, and boy did he take that to heart!

Click on the picture (21 sec. video)

We got drenched from head to toe! There was no hope for our hair at that point but how could I hold a grudge against such a handsome fellow!

Continued in next post

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 01-11-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #219
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

ACK!!! I am not seeing a next post.

I am trying to be patient and remember you have a life and are doing us a favor with this trip report. I am trying.. really I am!

Loving the TR by the way.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #220
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
And that’s when it happened… the very last person to join our group was ‘that women’… you know the one that everyone gasps at because they simply cannot believe their eyes.
Uh.......... HELLO?????????

You had a camera in your hands.

WHERE IS THE PHOTO??????????
Old 01-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #221
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

The trainers give them fish from coolers as rewards for following commands.

Salvador did a few tricks for us and then it was time for the families to get into the action. We got lucky and were in the first group. You walk down a few steps and stand on a suspended platform in waist high water. You have to be careful though because the platform is slippery and it moves about a bit. The water underneath you is 20-30’ deep according the BL website.

While we were all getting situated, Salvador swam off and did a few flips out of the water. While he was showing off, I noticed these beautiful fish swimming all around our legs. I dipped my camera under the water and ended up with one decent shot. Their colors were so vivid!

And while I was down there taking pictures, look who popped up right in front of me!

He rolled over on his back for us to rub his belly.

(Sorry these pictures aren’t the best but I was too close to the action and had nowhere that I could back up.)

We all got hugs…

And then we got big, sloppy, wet kisses with a hint of fish!

He let us rub our fingers across his teeth although we were a little hesitant about that.

Salvador decided that he was getting bored with us so he took off and did a few more midair tricks.

When he swam back in, he made a few loud squeals and clicks and the trainer told us that meant he wanted to show us his shark impersonation.

It was really cute!

He was such a gentleman through it all that we each gave him a stinky treat.

He got a few more belly rubs out of us and then went down the line and danced with each person. Now that was funny! The expressions on the men’s faces were priceless! This one man had been kind of hesitant to participate the whole time and when Salvador went up for a dance the guy didn’t really want to do it. Well apparently Salvador took offense and made this really loud ‘raspberry’ noise right in his face. It was hilarious! It totally cracked his daughter up (she was probably 3 years old) and she yelled out, “Daddy, he far**d on you!” Oh my gosh! That man turned ten shades of red and the whole place exploded with laughter! You just NEVER know what will come out of the mouths of babes!!!

After our dance it was time to say goodbye. He waved his little flipper at all of us.

They have a photographer there that takes individual and family pictures that you can purchase in the gift shop after your session ends. These are the ones they took of us.

I was next to DH in this picture but I cropped myself out. There is NO WAY I was posting a picture of myself in a bathing suit and with that mop of wet hair that Salvador created! Picture Medusa in a typhoon and you’re close. Trust me, it wasn’t pretty!

We had a wonderful time doing the dolphin encounter and I would recommend it to anyone! It was one of the greatest things I’ve ever experienced! A major highlight of the trip!

Stay tuned! More Blue Lagoon to come!

Up next: The third day of Swinter: Part 3

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 01-11-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #222
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
JUST GORGEOUS!

That water is incredible. How awesome to be going on a dolphin adventure! So how warm was it that day?
We were posting at the same time. The rest of the update is up now.

It was 86 and humid that day. It was overcast most of the day but b/c of the humidity, it still felt really hot. We stayed in the water all day and it felt great! If it was that warm in late October I can't imagine how hot it is in the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Jen View Post
ACK!!! I am not seeing a next post.

I am trying to be patient and remember you have a life and are doing us a favor with this trip report. I am trying.. really I am!

Loving the TR by the way.
Try refreshing. There are 3 posts and they are all up now. We were posting at the same time.

Quote:
Uh.......... HELLO?????????

You had a camera in your hands.

WHERE IS THE PHOTO??????????
Oh believe me! I have LOTS of pictures of her! Unfortunately she was in my line of fire for every picture I took in the water. I cropped her out of all of them that I could and I blurred her out of the rest. She's the hot pink blur in several of the pictures. Much to my dismay, this will not be the only time you see her.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #223
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
We were posting at the same time. The rest of the update is up now.

It was 86 and humid that day. It was overcast most of the day but b/c of the humidity, it still felt really hot. We stayed in the water all day and it felt great! If it was that warm in late October I can't imagine how hot it is in the summer!

Try refreshing. There are 3 posts and they are all up now. We were posting at the same time.

Oh believe me! I have LOTS of pictures of her! Unfortunately she was in my line of fire for every picture I took in the water. I cropped her out of all of them that I could and I blurred her out of the rest. She's the hot pink blur in several of the pictures. Much to my dismay, this will not be the only time you see her.

Oh you're no fun! Inquiring minds want to know. Or inquiring eyes want to see...... Or is it SO bad that you'd get banned from the DIS??????
Old 01-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #224
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh you're no fun! Inquiring minds want to know. Or inquiring eyes want to see...... Or is it SO bad that you'd get banned from the DIS??????
It's definitely nothing I could post on the DIS. But trust me, you really DON'T want to see it.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #225
sharonW
DIS Veteran

very awesome, what a unique experience!!! I can see many wonderful memories were made on your trip! lovin it!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: