Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #136
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I also love the horn Rinky. What pretty pictures you took! The ship looks gorgeous!!

I think it's adorable your daughter was so excited to sleep on a bunk bed. And what a neat view she had!

We too would be the people, doing the "Titantic". No judgment here!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #137
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

The horn is so cool that it plays a bunch of songs! You can find ringtones to download for free pretty easily. I will try to find the site that I used for you. It's phonezoo - worked pretty well for me.

I just typed in Disney ringtones and got a whole bunch - Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Fantasmic, the cruise horns, Soarin' music, the monorail thing (Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas).

Rinky - yeah, I guessed you probably meant 2013 since you know of my big 2012 plans! Hopefully I'll have some $$ to do something in 2013!! We're debating an Alaskan cruise, Hawaii (maybe 2014 for that) and the Caribbean. Who knows?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2011, 06:50 AM   #138
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Love all the updates. I did not know they had gingerale on the ship. I heard they only had coke products, so I guess I never thought about if they had some sort of gingerale too. I don't think they have it at the drink stations though.
I loved private dining too. I am not one who wants to share my day with strangers. I don't have a problem talking to others, I just don't want to do it while I'm eating.
Too bad about the funky smell. I have heard that issue on some other cruisline ships, but hadn't on the Dream yet. I hope they get that fixed.
Seeing your sail away party makes me so jealous...as you remember ours was in the Atrium due to rain. I pray that next year we have a nice sunny day...and all our days are sunny and warm.

I want a ship horn ringtone too. I don't know if I can get them on my phone though. It's not as advanced as some of the other smartphones and has limitd things.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #139
kittylady1972
Disneyholic

More GREAT updates...love reading along! Well except for that smell part...ew!

My countdown is now less than a year and while I can't wait for it to get here it seems time is flying by too quickly already with the kids so it needs to slow down too!

Being able to book the private table was pretty nice. I have a feeling it won't be an issue for us since there will be seven of us eating together already...I think we'll just be stuck with each other each night for meals!

The past:*Jan'14: DCL MAGIC*Sep/Oct'13 DCL WONDER*Aug'13:DLR*Jan'13: POP/SSR*Nov'12:VWL/DCL DREAM/THV*Jun'12:SWAN * Mar '12:BDWLK * Jun'11:BLT * Dec'09:SSR * May'09:BC&AKV *Oct'08:BCVDINING REPORT*Jun'08:POP* Nov'07:OKW&SSR*Oct'06:AKL*Jan '06:CR*Feb'04:BDWLK *Oct'03:POLY*Sep'01:CR*Oct'99:POR*Feb'97:ASM
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #140
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I also love the horn Rinky. What pretty pictures you took! The ship looks gorgeous!!

I think it's adorable your daughter was so excited to sleep on a bunk bed. And what a neat view she had!

We too would be the people, doing the "Titantic". No judgment here!
Thanks! The ship is way prettier than what my pictures show though.

Sometimes it's the little things that make kids the happiest. We could've saved a ton of money and just bought her a bunk bed instead of going on a cruise.

Doing the Titanic... that sounds like a new dance move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
The horn is so cool that it plays a bunch of songs! You can find ringtones to download for free pretty easily. I will try to find the site that I used for you. It's phonezoo - worked pretty well for me.

I just typed in Disney ringtones and got a whole bunch - Yo Ho, Yo Ho, Fantasmic, the cruise horns, Soarin' music, the monorail thing (Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas).

Rinky - yeah, I guessed you probably meant 2013 since you know of my big 2012 plans! Hopefully I'll have some $$ to do something in 2013!! We're debating an Alaskan cruise, Hawaii (maybe 2014 for that) and the Caribbean. Who knows?
Thanks for the info. I haven't had time to look for the ringtone yet, but it's on my to do list! My phone isn't the latest or greatest though so I might not be able to do it.

Alaska or Hawaii... hmmm... I'll take both please! I'd love to do both of those. It is just so expensive to get there! I think Shelly said the ticket prices were about what you paid to fly to Europe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Love all the updates. I did not know they had gingerale on the ship. I heard they only had coke products, so I guess I never thought about if they had some sort of gingerale too. I don't think they have it at the drink stations though.
I loved private dining too. I am not one who wants to share my day with strangers. I don't have a problem talking to others, I just don't want to do it while I'm eating.
Too bad about the funky smell. I have heard that issue on some other cruisline ships, but hadn't on the Dream yet. I hope they get that fixed.
Seeing your sail away party makes me so jealous...as you remember ours was in the Atrium due to rain. I pray that next year we have a nice sunny day...and all our days are sunny and warm.

I want a ship horn ringtone too. I don't know if I can get them on my phone though. It's not as advanced as some of the other smartphones and has limitd things.
I was really happy that we got the private dining. They originally had us sitting with others b/c they called our stateroom and told us that our table number had been changed to accommodate our request. I know that was a hassle for them, but I'm so glad they were willing to do that for us.

We had the absolute best weather imaginable for this cruise. We were VERY fortunate. It rained twice, but both times were during the night and we never felt a drop. I remember all the bad weather you had to fly through just to get there. That would have scared me to death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylady1972 View Post
More GREAT updates...love reading along! Well except for that smell part...ew!

My countdown is now less than a year and while I can't wait for it to get here it seems time is flying by too quickly already with the kids so it needs to slow down too!

Being able to book the private table was pretty nice. I have a feeling it won't be an issue for us since there will be seven of us eating together already...I think we'll just be stuck with each other each night for meals!
Thanks! I'm glad your enjoying the adventure!

I know what you mean about time. Our trip was the same way. It seemed like forever away at first, but then in the blink of an eye, it was here! Then it was over.

Well, if you decide that you want to request private dining just to make sure, all you have to do is call DCL and add it to your ressie. I don't think you can do it online. I know I did see parties seated together that were much larger than 7, but they may have been all one group.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #141
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I am glad to read that despite the cruise being booked it didn't feel too crowded! Such a neat touch with the stars above the bed and the nightlight.

I got tears in my eyes when I listed to the horn!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #142
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I am glad to read that despite the cruise being booked it didn't feel too crowded! Such a neat touch with the stars above the bed and the nightlight.

I got tears in my eyes when I listed to the horn!
It really wasn't bad at all. The deck parties were too crowded for me, but that's just how I am. Most people probably wouldn't mind. I just can't stand people right up on me. But other than the parties, it was really great. Even Castaway Cay didn't seem crowded at all. It really seemed kind of empty. We had NO problem finding a chair and there were empty ones all day long. I had read though that it was hard to find a seat on CC, but we didn't experience that at all.

That ship horn is soooooo awesome! The other ships that were docked at PC pulled out first, and I didn't hear them even have a ship horn. Maybe they did, but we didn't hear one. Disney definitely ROCKS on everything they do!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #143
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to tell everyone to have a very merry Christmas before things get too crazy. All of you are very special people and I love talking with you and having such great ladies to share my love of Disney with. I really don't have anyone in my 'real life' that 'gets it' like you guys do, so I very much appreciate having all of you around.

I always like to give my friends a little something for Christmas each year just to let them know that they were thought of, but since you guys are scattered all over the US and a few other countries, that's not really possible. But I didn't want to leave you all out nonetheless, so I am going to give the gift that women have given each other since the beginning of time... recipes!

These are my two, absolute favorite Christmas recipes. I make these for EVERY party that we attend each year and I swear to you there is NEVER a drop left of either one. In fact, people always tell me that I can't come to the party if I don't bring these! They are both super easy and extremely good! That's the only kind of recipe I want!

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

1 package Hillshire Farm Little Smokies
1 pound bacon
brown sugar (about 1 cup)
toothpicks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut entire package of bacon into 3 equal parts. Wrap each little smokie with 1/3 slice of bacon , slightly overlapping ends, and secure with a toothpick. Place smokies in a large baking dish. Sprinkle generously with brown sugar. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or just until the bacon is cooked through. Place smokies on a clean serving tray or warming plate to serve.

*This recipe was given to me years ago by my aunt. I have no idea where she got it from, but it's a keeper! The little smokies can be found in the hot dog/smoked sausage area of the grocery store. Kids love these too!

Sweet N' Salty Turtles

1 large bag Rolos (chocolate & caramel candies)
1 bag mini pretzel twists
pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove foil wrappers from entire bag of Rolos. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Fill the cookie sheet with pretzels in a single layer. Top each pretzel with a Rolo. Place cookie sheet in oven for about 2 minutes. The Rolos will just start to get limp, but DO NOT let them melt completely. (You want the chocolate to get JUST soft enough to press the pecan halves into.) Remove the tray from the oven and immediately begin pressing one pecan half into each Rolo. Place entire tray into the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour or until the chocolate is completely set and the candies come off clean from the aluminum foil.

*I got this recipe from a little old lady at church, so you know it has to be good! You can find large bags of Rolos on the candy isle of the grocery store. Also, the pecans are just raw and natural (not roasted or salted). We pick our own around here and crack them ourselves, but that's probably a southern thing. You can buy big bags of them in the store though. ENJOY!!!!

Merry Christmas Dis Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RinkyTinkyTinky; 12-22-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #144
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the awesome recipes!! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #145
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Yummo!!! Thanks for sharing!
I have a bacon recipe to share with you, but I have Harper and Hunter here right now. I'll be back later...

OK, here you go: I'm posting the link from the pioneer woman website. The recipe I started using came from Paula Deen. We love these and have been known to make ourselves sick on them. Whenever we have treat day at school, I'm expected to bring them. I make the night before and heat them up in the oven so that I can bring them in warm...

I make a couple of changes by using the fresh grated Parmesan and Townhouse Crackers but I like the way she shows you how to do it all!!!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...on_appetizers/

Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 12-22-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #146
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Thanks for the awesome recipes!! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!
Thanks Shelly! You too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Yummo!!! Thanks for sharing!
I have a bacon recipe to share with you, but I have Harper and Hunter here right now. I'll be back later...

OK, here you go: I'm posting the link from the pioneer woman website. The recipe I started using came from Paula Deen. We love these and have been known to make ourselves sick on them. Whenever we have treat day at school, I'm expected to bring them. I make the night before and heat them up in the oven so that I can bring them in warm...

I make a couple of changes by using the fresh grated Parmesan and Townhouse Crackers but I like the way she shows you how to do it all!!!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...on_appetizers/
Oh, those look really good! I will absolutely be trying them!!! Thank you! And btw, I love the Pioneer Woman! I just saw her show for the first time last week and LOVED it! In fact, I loved it so much that I took the time to email FN and tell them. She is so real and I can totally appreciate that. A lot of the other shows on Food Network just portray a lifestyle that I don't live... and I'd imagine most other people don't either.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #147
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks Rinky - my mom is making those bacon wrapped smokies for us for Christmas - one of my DH's favorites!!!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas as well!!
Old 12-23-2011, 07:06 AM   #148
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Thanks Rinky - my mom is making those bacon wrapped smokies for us for Christmas - one of my DH's favorites!!!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas as well!!
You too Sheree! Eat some smokies for me!

When are you guys leaving for Va? I hope you have a safe trip and we'll be praying for you.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #149
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Merry Christmas Rinky !

I love the recipes especially the one for the Turtles......just yesterday while shopping DH and I got into a disagreement about chocolate covered pretzels which he insists he does not like yet has never tasted them (we have this "disagreement"over lots of foods) anyway I want to make your turtles and watch him eat them not knowing about the pretzels, he loves chocolate so I think I can pull this off

Yep picking pecans is a southern thing but we can buy then in the shell in bags

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 12-23-2011, 01:50 PM   #150
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Thanks for the awesome update! Too bad about the lifeboat drill mix-up, but I'm glad it all got sorted out!

Dinner sound divine! My favorite part of cruising is eating, so I love to hear about all the dining experiences. How long did you guys spend at dinner? We are thinking about a last minute cruise, but I'm not sure how DS would do with extended dining.

Do you think it would be OK if we brought the ipad to the table and let him watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with the sound off? I don't want to be rude, and I know some people don't like technology at the table, but people don't like fussy kids either.

DS is doing much better with eating out, we went to a fairly nice restaurant last weekend and he sat with no issues for about an hour and a half, watching the ipad (with the sound off). No one seemed bothered by it, but no one else was sitting at our table either.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: