Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
JennaLeanne
Earning My Ears

Choosing an epcot DP venue

Hi everyone,
My fiance and I are getting married next year and are planning on having a DP at Epcot. We have our sit visit in January but are having trouble narrowing down the Epcot venues.
It is going to be in April and we will have 25 - 30 guests. We want to have a good view of The Illuminations.

We have it narrowed down to: Rue de Paris, Italy Isola West, Morocco Oasis, UK Lochside.

Does anyone have any pictures of them in use for DPs, or opinions/pros/cons for each one?

THANKS!
Jenna
JennaLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Strictly from a view standpoint, I prefer the UK and Italy because they have unobstructed views—there is nothing between you and the fireworks. The UK is closer to the action, but it can get smokey if the wind is wrong. However, I love how private it is. Morocco has islands between you and the show, but they don't obstruct that much of the view—it's a lot better view than many people give it credit for. Rue de Paris would be my last pick of the four because it is on a funny angle toward the show and the islands in the lagoon are closer so they obstruct more of the view of the show. Plus it just feels really far away from the fireworks.

Here are the photos I have of each location.

Italy West Plaza

UK Lochside

Morocco Oasis

Rue de Paris

I only have this one crappy iPhone photo of the view, taken from the top of Terrace des Fleurs, which is the upper French patio that Rue de Paris branches off of (which means more of the island will be blocking the view):
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
DisneyEverAfter
Can't wait to marry my prince charming!

Wow! Happened to come across this thread researching for piccies of spots for a DP in Epcot... Very helpful Carrie! Thanks for the pics. My planner only gave me 2 options for a DP in Epcot: Morocco (which is taken on our wedding day) and Canada Overlook (boo). Not too happy about the Canada part as there are many trees... Need to make some decisions...
DisneyEverAfter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert party, epcot, illuminations, wedding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: