Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Everything but Disney - Day 10 - Seaworld+Flippers pizza

Everything but Disney Day 10 Sunday 23rd October Seaworld+Flippers pizza

Another later start – up at 8.30am.

Weather was lovely today hot but not humid – high 70’s.

We had breakfast at mimi’s cafe at hunter’s creek. I’d fancied trying it and never got around to it. Again we had a free breakfast coupon just for signing up to the email club. Cost $21 plus tip

It was busy as it was Sunday. DH didn’t like it at all – thought it was trying to be fancy. DD also didn’t like her breakfast. I thought it was ok and would try it again midweek or for dinner.

Seaworld again today at 11.45 – parking cost $14. As it was a Sunday the Halloween spooktacular event was on from 12 noon. Seaworld was very busy so we mainly did shows and the Spooktacular.

DD had a go on the carousel in Shamu’s happy harbour and we picked up our trick or treat bags (you could get them either end of the trick or treat trail)

Made sure we got to Shamu 1pm show One Ocean in plenty of time – we enjoyed the show then saw A’lure for the first time which I thought was excellent. The sea creatures in yellow were very similar to the lion king show monkey’s – doing summersaults and climbing using a trampoline.

We lined up and paid $21($7 each) to feed the dolphins. There was a lady near us who only spoke Spanish and hadn’t understood a word of the safety briefing and kept getting told off – she picked up the paper tray, touched the dolphin on its head and just generally encroached on our space. So we waited for her to finish and also had to help DD feed the dolphin (they say to drop the fish and touch the dolphin at the same time and obviously DD couldn’t do this) DD did get to touch a dolphin in the end.

20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

We saw the blue horizons show which was excellent then went to see the Count to Halloween show (in the pets ahoy theatre) This was super busy – definitely need to get there early.

DD knew Elmo but none of the other sesame street characters – DH and I were excited to see the Count! There was a kids TV presenter type singing action songs with the kids before it started.

Then after 4 yrs wait I got a shamu icecream sundae! Back in 2007 when DD was a toddler we’d been to Seaworld. DH had gone for an icecream whilst I minded DD in her buggy – he’d come back with a cone for me and this huge sundae in a shamu bowl for him. Never been forgotten and we still have the bowl.

So I bought two sundaes to share and a refill drink ($1.06 inc tax at Seaworld) They were$ 4.99 and are a great deal – only 40c more than a cone I think.

I started a trend and lots in the line got them after me.

We walked through the trick or treat lines and got some candy.

Shamu’s happy harbour was busy so DD picked one ride and had a couple of turns.

We left before closing about 7ish to avoid the crowds. Went to Flippers pizza again on Westwood blvd but ate outside this time. Cost $37 plus tip. Server was very fast (obviously wanting us away before the Seaworld crowds kicked out). I realised later she had charged me extra $1.99 for DD’s soda which I thought was cheeky. The kids meal she had inc a drink (didn’t specify which drinks) for $4.99 and the week before soda had been included. DD had only had a kids cup of soda no refill – surely that is cheaper than juice or milk? I know it’s only $1.99 but to ring it up as no kids drink and add an extra 1.99 adult price soda without saying anything irritated me.

We were back ‘home’ at 8.30 and DD went straight to bed.

The reason for DD's outfit change halfway through was due to her and DH getting absolutely soaked on atlantis (I sat behind DH and was fine!) Luckiliy i'd taken the mermaid outfit for the spooktacular.
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12

Last edited by dixonsontour; 11-17-2011 at 04:30 PM.
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #3
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Again.....some great photos of Whales & Dolphins
I had to laugh about the Shamu sundae.
Some things in life are just worth waiting for!
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

now I really want a shamu bowl!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: