Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #76
kellyb2000
I admit it...my username is boring!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariLL View Post
Hi all, we are also booked on this cruiseWe were recently on the magic western caribbean (1/21-1/28) where we booked for this one! So excited, Oct.2013 can not come soon enough, and am even more excited after seeing all the beautiful pictures of the Fantasy.

I'm not gonna lie - most all of yesterday (while at work, no doubt) I was "cruising"! I was searching the Homeade FE thread for ideas (got quite a few good ones), looking at the Creative DISigns for door decorations/FE gifts (got a TON saved!) and also looking at all the different pictures of the ship sailing into PC. 19 months seems like forever!!!!

kellyb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #77
ppartekim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all, we are also booked on this cruiseWe were recently on the magic western caribbean (1/21-1/28) where we booked for this one! So excited, Oct.2013 can not come soon enough, and am even more excited after seeing all the beautiful pictures of the Fantasy. Our family consist of me (DW-Cari), DH-Matt, DS-Jacob (age 9, on cruise), DS-Aidan (age-7), DS-Dylan (age-6) and DD-Kaila (age-4). We will definitely be interested in participating in the FE and look forward to getting to know everyone over the next year.
Welcome and Added to the List.
ppartekim is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #78
BLeeS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi all, we are also booked on this cruiseWe were recently on the magic western caribbean (1/21-1/28) where we booked for this one! So excited, Oct.2013 can not come soon enough, and am even more excited after seeing all the beautiful pictures of the Fantasy. Our family consist of me (DW-Cari), DH-Matt, DS-Jacob (age 9, on cruise), DS-Aidan (age-7), DS-Dylan (age-6) and DD-Kaila (age-4). We will definitely be interested in participating in the FE and look forward to getting to know everyone over the next year.
Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you too! We have two boys that will be 10 Levi & 7 Caleb at cruise time.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #79
ratt1345
Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

DW and I just booked this cruise less than an hour ago. We will be celebrating our 4th anniversary during the cruise. We are both in our mid 40s and no children. I have been on Disney cruises since Sept 2002. DW started Disney cruises in November 2009. We love being around the kids and watching their expressions on their faces. Disney has been a huge part of my life. It will great to get to know everyone online for the next year and a half. Then we will get to meet in person.

Charlie
ratt1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #80
meplus3
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise as our very first cruise ever!! So excited! DH, DD(11), DS(7) and me! Seems sooooo far away though.

Last edited by meplus3; 03-11-2012 at 12:53 PM.
meplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #81
meplus3
Earning My Ears

Talking Our First Cruise Ever!!!

Hi everyone! DH, DD(11), DS(7) and I are booked this cruise as our very first (hopefully not the last) cruise, room 9510. I'm so excited (I've convinced DH that he is excited too,lol). Haven't told the kids yet that we are going. Although they see me researching every day lol, so they will probably figure it out before I can surprise them!

It seems sooooo far away though!! I think I'll go crazy waiting! Hoping to add our 2nd visit to WDW either before or after. Haven't made up my mind on the timing of that one yet? Any advice?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #82
meplus3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplus3 View Post
Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise as our very first cruise ever!! So excited! DH, DD(11), DS(7) and me! Seems sooooo far away though.
Opps, sorry for the double posting. I'm fairly new at this. I ws looking for my post and couldn't find it so I posted again!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #83
CariLL
Disney mommie

Quote:
Hi everyone! DH, DD(11), DS(7) and I are booked this cruise as our very first (hopefully not the last) cruise, room 9510. I'm so excited (I've convinced DH that he is excited too,lol). Haven't told the kids yet that we are going. Although they see me researching every day lol, so they will probably figure it out before I can surprise them!

It seems sooooo far away though!! I think I'll go crazy waiting! Hoping to add our 2nd visit to WDW either before or after. Haven't made up my mind on the timing of that one yet? Any advice?
Welcome! We too will be adding a stay at WDW to our cruise. We will plan on staying the week before the cruise (Oct.12-19). We did this in Jan.2012 when we went on our first cruise (Disney Western Caribbean). It was an absolutely wonderful vacation! I liked doing WDW first since we could relax a little on the cruise after running around the week before at WDW, though with 4 kiddos it is hard to relax at all And I agree it does seem so far away, After being to WDW 3 times since our first trip in Oct. 2010, I don't know if I can wait but I know it will definitely be worth the wait, the Fantasy looks absolutely beautiful!
CariLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #84
CariLL
Disney mommie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyb2000 View Post

I'm not gonna lie - most all of yesterday (while at work, no doubt) I was "cruising"! I was searching the Homeade FE thread for ideas (got quite a few good ones), looking at the Creative DISigns for door decorations/FE gifts (got a TON saved!) and also looking at all the different pictures of the ship sailing into PC. 19 months seems like forever!!!!
Me too! I usually check these boards at least once a day and am already thinking about what I want to do this time for the FE. Last time I procrastinated and was so busy I switched from my original idea to something a bit easier. But this time I have 1 1/2 years to plan and create!
CariLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #85
ratt1345
Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

meplus3, I will guarantee this will not be your last. If you're like most people, including myself, you will be hooked on cruising for life!!!!

Charlie
ratt1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #86
Fastpaks
Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Quote:

I'm not gonna lie - most all of yesterday (while at work, no doubt) I was "cruising"! .... 19 months seems like forever!!!!
I seem to be doing this on a daily basis. My wife and I are already trying to find a way to "squeeze" another cruise in. I don't care what cruise line anymore, just so I can go some where and relax! Until then, I'll keep sailing in my head!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #87
kellyb2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratt1345 View Post
DW and I just booked this cruise less than an hour ago. We will be celebrating our 4th anniversary during the cruise....
Our 13th anniversary is 12 days before we cruise, but I WILL be celebrating! My mom's birthday is during the cruise and I can't wait to make her door decorations!

Quote:
Hi everyone! DH, DD(11), DS(7) and I are booked this cruise as our very first (hopefully not the last)

Hoping to add our 2nd visit to WDW either before or after. Haven't made up my mind on the timing of that one yet? Any advice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratt1345 View Post
meplus3, I will guarantee this will not be your last. If you're like most people, including myself, you will be hooked on cruising for life!!!!
I was hooked after my first. This will be my 6th, and I'm also one of those too scared to check any other line for fear of being disappointed!
I would do WDW before the cruise - my husband says WDW is too much like work with all the walking around. That way you can have time to relax afterwards on the cruise.

Quote:
Last time I procrastinated and was so busy I switched from my original idea to something a bit easier. But this time I have 1 1/2 years to plan and create!
Last time I was working on mine the night before we left! I SWEAR this time, I'm not gonna do that again! Actually, I went and bought some stuff yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpaks View Post
I seem to be doing this on a daily basis. My wife and I are already trying to find a way to "squeeze" another cruise in. I don't care what cruise line anymore, just so I can go some where and relax! Until then, I'll keep sailing in my head!
We'll have two beach trips to PCB, FL between now and then, but it just doesn't compare!

Last edited by kellyb2000; 03-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #88
koquinn
Mouseketeer

How do you guys plan so far ahead for the FE gifts? I'm a planner, but I need a number in my head, or at least an idea, of how many I'm making before I could do it. I'm confused! But would love tips on how to pre-plan.
koquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #89
kellyb2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by koquinn View Post
How do you guys plan so far ahead for the FE gifts? I'm a planner, but I need a number in my head, or at least an idea, of how many I'm making before I could do it. I'm confused! But would love tips on how to pre-plan.
I'm totally winging it right now! Because I have some ideas in my head, I plan on doing something small for each person in a cabin (as opposed to last year when I just did one per room). This weekend I bought some things that I would put in a teenager's bag. Because they were so cheap, I bought 30 of them even though I don't think we'll have that many. If I have too many, it's something my own kids can use and if I'm wrong, I can easily get some more, or Heaven forbid I would vote to maybe split our list.

I also have an idea for the men that I can get at a store that I know they have plenty of and have had plenty of them since at least last year. Not that I've started on that or anything, but I'm thinking about it.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #90
koquinn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Heaven forbid I would vote to maybe split our list.
Is this like taboo??? I would totally vote to split it too if it gets unruly. We did 18 last time and it was a lot, but I made several homemade things. I'd rather do something with some thought & time involved than do 50 gifts that are just junky. But that's just me, I know everyone seems to have a different opinion on it!

Can we make a date to close the list at some point though? On our last cruise, there was a date set, and then it ended up being that people ignored it and got added all the way up until a couple days before the cruise. I ended up doing a TON more work late at the end when I was already packed, and then had a few people I just couldn't include. It was frustrating after all the work I'd put in! Maybe a month before or something?
koquinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: