Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #46
denversees4me
Mouseketeer

Hi all
I figured no one was posting here cuz I never saw people join the group ok here is a link let me know if it does not pan out

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...5932702507202/

hope it works !

I can not WAIT for this cruise ! I was looking at a carnival 4 nighter just to hold me over too LOL It was 252 PP inc taxes etc - almost too good to pass up ! still debating

hope everyone is doing well !

Princess alaska 08
Disney wonder 08
Disney wonder 09
Disney wonder 11
Disney wonder 12
Disney fantasy 13
Disney wonder 14
Disney magic 14
denversees4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #47
denversees4me
Mouseketeer

just switched the group name - just search FB

Disney Fantasy October 19 2013

hope this helps !

Princess alaska 08
Disney wonder 08
Disney wonder 09
Disney wonder 11
Disney wonder 12
Disney fantasy 13
Disney wonder 14
Disney magic 14
denversees4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #48
koquinn
Mouseketeer

Too funny, thought I might actually get to start the thread and there's already 4 pages!!! Oh, well! Count us in! We just got back from our first cruise ever, did Magic Eastern Caribbean for 7d and LOVED it! Kids are already asking when we can go back. Hard to explain to them it'll be 21 months! DH & I will be 37 by then, DS1 will be 8, DD 5, and DS2 2. Count us in for FE gifts, we loved it! I'll go look for the FB group next!

Do we have a theme yet??
koquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #49
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Since this is for my DD's 14th B-day we are pulling her out of school for the 5 days plus 3 more for a visit to WDW as well.
ssatterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #50
mydisneyboys
Earning My Ears

Just booked this cruise while onboard the Dream last week!! Can't wait - there will be 7 of us. (so far)

Myself, hopefully the same Nanny that came with us last year, and my two boys who will be 10 and 8 when we sail, and our friends and their son who will be 9 when we sail.

Can't wait!!!!
mydisneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #51
zalansky

DIS Veteran

mydisneyboys - welcome! I live in Tampa too.

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #52
BLeeS
Mouseketeer

Wow, what a great group of people on this cruise! We are currently booked on the Sept 7 Fantasy Eastern, but I am not so sure that that was the best dates for us...and this one just seems to work for the kids potential winter break schedule, so I think it's worth making the change! We were on the Dream in May 2011, I can't recall how many staterooms we had for our FE exchange, but we delivered FE gifts to 144 people and it was ABSOLUTELY fantastic! Our kids could not believe (my husband and I too) the wonder, creativity and generosity of such wonderful little surprises we would find each day in our FE. So, count us in on EVERYTHING, for sure!

We are hoping to marry this trip with a first WDW visit for our children, our son's will be 10 and 7 during our travel...so they will now get to be at WDW during Halloween! How fun is that! Looking forward to cruising with you

Last edited by BLeeS; 02-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.
BLeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #53
koquinn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeeS View Post
Wow, what a great group of people on this cruise! We are currently booked on the Sept 7 Fantasy Eastern, but I am not so sure that that was the best dates for us...and this one just seems to work for the kids potential winter break schedule, so I think it's worth making the change! We were on the Dream in May 2011, I can't recall how many staterooms we had for our FE exchange, but we delivered FE gifts to 144 people and it was ABSOLUTELY fantastic! Our kids could not believe (my husband and I too) the wonder, creativity and generosity of such wonderful little surprises we would find each day in our FE. So, count us in on EVERYTHING, for sure!

We are hoping to marry this trip with a first WDW visit for our children, our son's will be 10 and 7 during our travel...so they will now get to be at WDW during Halloween! How fun is that! Looking forward to cruising with you

Oh no, 144??? I had trouble doing 18! If we get huge groups can we break it up or something?? I'm not that rich or creative!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #54
BLeeS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koquinn View Post
Oh no, 144??? I had trouble doing 18! If we get huge groups can we break it up or something?? I'm not that rich or creative!!!
Ok, I just found the original FE list from our May 2011 Dream cruise...total 144 people, total 46 staterooms...so, not so bad! In fact, there was discussion of splitting the group, but it was unanimous to keep it together. Most people said that they kept their FE gifts at $1 or less...but yes, some were extremely generous not just based on what they may have spent on the items but the time that they invested in making them...most were homemade and it was left to our discretion how many gifts we provided per stateroom. I did see a friend of mine's FE's who is cruising in a couple of weeks and they have 14 staterooms for their FE and her gifts were SUPER nice! So if we keep it conservative, we should be good.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #55
koquinn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLeeS View Post
Ok, I just found the original FE list from our May 2011 Dream cruise...total 144 people, total 46 staterooms...so, not so bad! In fact, there was discussion of splitting the group, but it was unanimous to keep it together. Most people said that they kept their FE gifts at $1 or less...but yes, some were extremely generous not just based on what they may have spent on the items but the time that they invested in making them...most were homemade and it was left to our discretion how many gifts we provided per stateroom. I did see a friend of mine's FE's who is cruising in a couple of weeks and they have 14 staterooms for their FE and her gifts were SUPER nice! So if we keep it conservative, we should be good.
It's pretty far away right now. Maybe when we get (a lot) closer we could take a poll, cuz I personally enjoyed making my FE gifts and spent probably at least 45 min on each, plus a fair amount of money. I'd rather do that again than just distribute 100 pencils, ya know? But I won't be able to do that if it's zillions of people. I'm sure everyone will have a different take on this so it's probably worth revisiting when we have a bigger list of people and better idea of who's interested in what kind of gifts. JMO.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #56
WhitGB
DIS Veteran

We had 38 cabins on our Oct 23 - 4 day dream. The amount of cabins was good and the kids had a lot of fun handing them out. The only problem was they took up an entire carry on suitcase...which I had to check because my DH insisted on supplying everyone with little bottles of booze. He was cowering at the thought of 4 days on a mainly kids cruise. He did have a great time :0)

WhitGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 PM   #57
kellyb2000
I admit it...my username is boring!

Our last cruise, we had 27 staterooms. I kept saying the whole time that 25 was my cut-off but didn't mind going 2 over. My gifts were homemade, and required a bit of work on my part so by the end. I was still putting stuff together the night before we left! Ok, so it was my fault because I procrastinated,
but still, I can't imagine doing more than that! 48 cabins??? I will say that the whole FE was a highlight of the trip! We have lots of time, though.

kellyb2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #58
mydisneyboys
Earning My Ears

kellyb2000 - I think we were on the same cruise in June - I remember you from the FE list!!! The friends I was with that cruise are the same ones joining us this go around too!!

zalanzky - what a small world!!!! We are trying to recruit a few more of our friends from Tampa to join us!

This is going to be a fun group!!
mydisneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #59
tggrrstarr
DIS Veteran

Hello! We just got back last Saturday from our first cruise and we re-booked for this one!! Its me and my DH, no kids. I re-booked it to my TA, so we don't have our room or deck # yet. I am so excited, but it is so far away!!

Its funny, before the cruise I kept trying to get my DH to warm up to the idea of re-booking and he was very resistant. So while on the cruise I pretty much had given up the idea of re-booking. After almost signing up for DVC (boo to our credit, lol!) my DH kept hinting at re-booking! Finally I asked him, do you want to re-book? Good thing I had done my research, just in case!

We participated in our FE this past trip, there were about 20 cabins. It was so much fun coming back to our room and finding something. We had some very innovative and cute gifts and some good old stand-bys too. The only thing I didn't like about it was the timing. I am very big on Halloween, so that plus Christmas didn't give me much time to spend creating for January. Now I have 20 months!!

October 2005-Caribbean Beach-Honeymoon*1/07 Pop Century
9/08 Pop Century*10/09 All Star Music*1/11 All Star Music*1/12 French Quarter & Western Magic*1/13 French Quarter*10/13 Grand Floridian & Eastern Fantasy
tggrrstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #60
BLeeS
Mouseketeer

We are hoping to visit WDW before this Fantasy cruise...I've been several times, but I was very (very) young, like 20 years ago at least...have any of you done a land/sea? What transporation did you use from resort to Port? What hotel did you stay at? Our boys will be 10 & 7...it seems so complicated, but I know that I want to plan so that we aren't waiting in lines forever to ride...but figuring out which recommendation to follow is difficult, when one doesn't know what she is doing...that would be me! I'm interested, let's talk. Thank you a bunch

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: