Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
dizzi
DIS Veteran

FE........

You can probally find alot of info out there on the boards.

There is a HUGE thread about it...

BUT BASICALLY.......
It is a fun game gift giving event that dissers do on the ship.
Outside of each door (i suppose it is the same on the fantasy and the dream)
is a decorative fish, where you could receive "mail" from various areas of the ship....Like an invitation to the kids to join something in the kids club.

On this FISH we dissers hang what we call a FISH EXTENDER, it is a sort of mail box extender, most people use a long piece of fabric with various pockets in them ( yet i have seen other things used, such as purses back packs, plastic pumpkin heads,stocking etc.)

On any given day...either arranged by the FE coordinator or otherwise, dissers deliver a small gift or token to each room involved in the FE event.
These gifts can be of any function, idea, or thought....such as, removable tatoos, bubble gum, rubber duckies, cd, moon pie, small bottles of alchohol, bandaids, bandanas, candy....you name it.

Lots of people will either give soemthing with a date of cruise on it, homemade or otherwise, or maybe with their name on it, or from their hometown, or from somewhere the cruise has gone.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:33 AM   #17
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
FE........

You can probally find alot of info out there on the boards.

There is a HUGE thread about it...

BUT BASICALLY.......
It is a fun game gift giving event that dissers do on the ship.
Outside of each door (i suppose it is the same on the fantasy and the dream)
is a decorative fish, where you could receive "mail" from various areas of the ship....Like an invitation to the kids to join something in the kids club.

On this FISH we dissers hang what we call a FISH EXTENDER, it is a sort of mail box extender, most people use a long piece of fabric with various pockets in them ( yet i have seen other things used, such as purses back packs, plastic pumpkin heads,stocking etc.)

On any given day...either arranged by the FE coordinator or otherwise, dissers deliver a small gift or token to each room involved in the FE event.
These gifts can be of any function, idea, or thought....such as, removable tatoos, bubble gum, rubber duckies, cd, moon pie, small bottles of alchohol, bandaids, bandanas, candy....you name it.

Lots of people will either give soemthing with a date of cruise on it, homemade or otherwise, or maybe with their name on it, or from their hometown, or from somewhere the cruise has gone.
That is really a cool idea...We would be interested in doing it as well for the cruise.
ssatterly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2011, 07:02 AM   #18
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

How can I or how do I get a count down ticker or clock?
Old 12-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #19
WhitGB
DIS Veteran

Ticker Ques-
I am probably not the person to ask since it takes me forever to do one. I just find someone who has one and double click on it. It will usually bring you to the site they created theirs on. It then allows you to customize on for yourself.

Here is where I get lost...you then need to (will be back - need to do it) Okay back... click on User CP on top, click on Edit signature, and then cut and past from the site your created the ticker...use the url link if it gives you options. Preview and save. It may take a little tweeking but you will get it from there. I am not the most computer savy individual.

As for your FE question. On our last cruise we had 35 cabins, it was a lot of delivering but the kids had so much fun giving and getting. We gave a survival bag that had highlighters, rubber bands, bandaids, safety pins etc...and my husband added two small bottles of rum and vodka, stating that was for the guys. I learned a lot about the ship and met many people why we delivered. It did take up an extra suitcase but like I said it was worth all the work. The kids loved the magnets, coloring things and homemade tablets! - well, they loved everything. But some people were just so creative.

We delivered when ever we wanted, no set rules. Most people were done at the end of day two for the 4 day cruise but there were some straglers at the last minute. Go on to etsy.com to get an idea of what the FE look like, there are people there who make and customize them.

Last edited by WhitGB; 12-31-2011 at 09:45 AM.
WhitGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #20
TartanTinker
Mouseketeer

Hello we are also sailing we are doing another B2B this 1 and the cruise before this will be our second B2B done one Oct past on the Magic which was fantastic but we are keeping our fingers crossed for better weather Sailing with me will be my DH, DD16, DD14, & DD11 (age time of cruise)
Im also going to try and get a ticker sorted will try the link later.

OCT 05 - POR, OCT 07- BVP, OCT 08- DVC- BCV, WLV, SSR, OCT 09- DVC - BLT, SSR, DISNEY WONDER, OCT10- DVC - SSR, BWV, OCT 11- LBVR & RPR & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY MAGIC, March 12 - ARIZONA & VEGAS, July 13 - Las Vegas, OCT 13 - DVC-BLT & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY FANTASY
TartanTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #21
TartanTinker
Mouseketeer

Just done a ticker thanks for the advice

OCT 05 - POR, OCT 07- BVP, OCT 08- DVC- BCV, WLV, SSR, OCT 09- DVC - BLT, SSR, DISNEY WONDER, OCT10- DVC - SSR, BWV, OCT 11- LBVR & RPR & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY MAGIC, March 12 - ARIZONA & VEGAS, July 13 - Las Vegas, OCT 13 - DVC-BLT & 2 WEEKS B2B ON THE DISNEY FANTASY
Old 01-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #22
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

We have added 3 days before the cruise at WDW woo hoo i can not wait!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #23
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitGB View Post
Ticker Ques-
I am probably not the person to ask since it takes me forever to do one. I just find someone who has one and double click on it. It will usually bring you to the site they created theirs on. It then allows you to customize on for yourself.

Here is where I get lost...you then need to (will be back - need to do it) Okay back... click on User CP on top, click on Edit signature, and then cut and past from the site your created the ticker...use the url link if it gives you options. Preview and save. It may take a little tweeking but you will get it from there. I am not the most computer savy individual.

As for your FE question. On our last cruise we had 35 cabins, it was a lot of delivering but the kids had so much fun giving and getting. We gave a survival bag that had highlighters, rubber bands, bandaids, safety pins etc...and my husband added two small bottles of rum and vodka, stating that was for the guys. I learned a lot about the ship and met many people why we delivered. It did take up an extra suitcase but like I said it was worth all the work. The kids loved the magnets, coloring things and homemade tablets! - well, they loved everything. But some people were just so creative.

We delivered when ever we wanted, no set rules. Most people were done at the end of day two for the 4 day cruise but there were some straglers at the last minute. Go on to etsy.com to get an idea of what the FE look like, there are people there who make and customize them.
Thanks count us in we wanna do it, i think it would be fun for my 14 y/o's DD b-day cruise.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
zalansky

DIS Veteran

We're booked on this cruise as well. We had a dummy date booked from our May 2011 Dream sailing - and waited until the 2013 Fantasy dates were released and voila - picked this one! We usually cruise in the Spring, but the prices were horrific, even way more than this sailing. So, here we are!

Have any of you don the 7 nighter before? We have done 5 four night cruises with DCL. I admit, I am a little nervous about 3 sea days and considered moving to the western for the extra port day.

I will have to go see what room we are in, I forget! It will be me, DH, DS who will be 11 and DD who will be 8. It is so FAR off!

zalansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Hi Zalansky!!

Yes we have done 3, 7 nighters and 1, 5 nighter.

I prefer the 7 nighters just for the longer time on the ship. And i love the sea days.

I really feel like a am on "vacation" on the sea days ..... i dont have to get up at a certain time for an excursion, I can stay in my bathing suit all day and lay in the sun weather permitting. One cruise day i actually wore my pjs all day and found various places on the ship to lounge and read a book carried my little blanket with me too as it got pretty cold out and In.

I dont skip dinner very often....I am too much of a busy body for that, but one sea day i even skipped dinner in the dining room so i didnt even have to get dressed just ordered room service and watched the sea roll by.

If you are not into lounging, being on the ship before you know there is plenty to keep you and kiddos busy on the sea days.....games movies tastings tourings parties etc
Old 01-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
dizzi
DIS Veteran

zalansky

I am in awe of your quote in your siggi...

This is the very same thing i have told my children for years about any decision they have to make in life.

IT is sooooo true.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #27
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year, everyone! Now we can say we cruise next year! ok, so its still almost 2 years away, but...

And look at how our group is growing!

We got a reminder packet in the mail from DCL over the holiday. It has info on when our final payment is due, and when we can book excursions.
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

PaDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #28
dizzi
DIS Veteran

So exciting!!!

I am looking forward to booking on our upcoming cruise.

WE LEAVE NEXT MONTH FOR SOME MAGIC!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
ssatterly
DIS Veteran

Anyone else doing WDW before our Oct 2013 next year?..LOL we are going to do 3 days before the cruise to make it a 10 day vacaction

Should we stay at CSR or a diffrent Mod resort?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #30
TartanTinker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssatterly View Post
Anyone else doing WDW before our Oct 2013 next year?..LOL we are going to do 3 days before the cruise to make it a 10 day vacaction

Should we stay at CSR or a diffrent Mod resort?
Hi we are hoping to stay at the Bay Lake resort for about a week before our cruise because of the long flights over we like to stay for 3 weeks but it will depend on the flight prices/times when they come out.
We have only stayed in the POR Mod resort which we really enjoyed but we haven't stayed at CSR so can't comment about that resort. Good luck choosing a resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: