Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:44 AM   #31
kolohe_lady
Princess, nuthin'! I wanna be Queen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie90210 View Post
I'd really love if Disney created an old school channel and played all the old shows... It would be so cheap for them, but get so much viewing!
I can remember my mom saying that over 10 years ago! in the late 90's/early 2000's late at night they had "Vault Disney" and would play the classic stuff. We thought they should make a whole Vault Disney channel without all the 'tween' nonsense that was just starting to take over back then. Now that it all seems to be crap like that, a classic Disney channel would be even more refreshing.
kolohe_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 PM   #32
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Teens have control of their parent checkbooks , so we get some Disney exec who thinks these shows are a guaranteed buck.

I hate the tern shows they have on now. I wont let my kids watch that trash. It soap operas for tweens and they have content that is really not very disney.

Just one mans opinion of course...
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
singsweetnightingale
Mouseketeer

Yes! It's awful. Although I am impressed with Gravity Falls. It was painful watching the Disney Channel in the hotel, Shake It Up was the only semi-decent show, everything else was truly terrible. They need to deal with it, but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon!

Sarah (26) my Disney tumblr
DLP August 2012: Hotel Santa Fe. 5 nights.
DLP January 2013: Sequoia Lodge. 4 nights.
singsweetnightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #34
RichieRich13
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense

I'm 35 and I still enjoy watching the Disney Channel...with and or without my kids. Now I don't think the quality of the programming changed, I think that, we as adults, have just grown. And we find ourselves trying to compare the newer shows with the ones we now consider classics.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #35
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Gravity Falls is fantastic, but everything else is bad. I use to like Phineas and Ferb but it's worn out now.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
melbellex3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie90210 View Post
I'd really love if Disney created an old school channel and played all the old shows... It would be so cheap for them, but get so much viewing!
Agree with this! The Disney Channel in the late 90's early 2000's was the best! I ALWAYS had The Disney Channel on all throughout high school! I also really liked the Disney Channel original movies that were made during this time period!
melbellex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #37
rustyanchor
Mouseketeer

1990's Disney Channel was amazing. I LOVED Vault Disney. As a child I totally worshiped Hayley Mills and they played her movies on there all the time. I also liked how the old Disney Channel would always have little features about behind the scenes at DL or WDW. I also used to love the shows Adventures in Wonderland and Under the Umbrella Tree.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #38
Shawn
Oregon DVC Member of VWL

Good Luck Charlie

I have been watching the Disney Channel forever. I agree that the characters have become far too formulaic and loud over the years. Bratty is not funny, though the writers seem to think it is. We all know what I mean so lets find the few good shows:

Good Luck Charlie is the best show currently on Disney. This one does at least try to have their characters not be so cookie-cutter and have a bit of honesty.

Wizards of Waverly place was great. It was good to see it go out on its own terms, the family wizard decided and all that. they all grew up and it was time to end wrap it up. Nice show Disney.

Gravity Falls may be OK, I'm undecided as yet.

The others are mediocre or worse. I watch some of them still, but that is the die hard Disney in me who enjoys sharing Disney with my girls.

-Shawn

• 2013 Paradise Pier Disneyland Dec 21-27 (6th trip DH, DW, DD1, DGD1, DSIL1)
  • 2011 VWL Dec 17-24 (5th trip DD2, DD3, DGD1)
  • 2009 Grand Californian Dec 5-12 (4th trip DD2, DD3)
  • 2007 VWL First DW Trip Dec 15-21 (3rd trip DD2, DD3, 1st trip DGD1)
  • 2006 Disney 50th Celebration DLH May 13 - 19 (2nd trip DD2, DD3)
  • 2004 Disney Christmas at DLH Dec 21 - 26 (1st trip DD2, DD3)
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #39
zstyles
Mouseketeer

All the "shows" are awful, I think they are "toying" with the idea about some old school/classic cartoons but if they can have a classic cartoon channel on the ships why can't they as an option for Disney Channel/s
Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #40
RichieRich13
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstyles
All the "shows" are awful, I think they are "toying" with the idea about some old school/classic cartoons but if they can have a classic cartoon channel on the ships why can't they as an option for Disney Channel/s
I love the idea of this...Disney Channels version of Boomerang! I can see it now...Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Recess and one of my favs, The Weekenders...We need to get this goin!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #41
Pirate Me

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?

It seems like today's programming is distancing itself from the actual parks. They used to show what was new in the parks during commercial breaks and even had short Mickey cartoon clips. They had shows based on Disney movies like Timon and Pumba, Ariel, House of Mouse, Lilo and Stitch, Rescue Rangers, etc.

Now, there really isn't much of a semblance of classic Disney in any Disney channel shows.

Home Resort: BCV
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch
Pirate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #42
MinnieMeaghan
Earning My Ears

They have gone downhill
Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 AM   #43
MinnieMeaghan
Earning My Ears

Not a fan of the recent shows on Disney Channel. The quality has gone out the window. And why doeS EVERY Disney Channel star need to sing? Stick to the acting and maybe the shows would be better!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #44
tianna26
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMeaghan
Not a fan of the recent shows on Disney Channel. The quality has gone out the window. And why doeS EVERY Disney Channel star need to sing? Stick to the acting and maybe the shows would be better!
I think its the culture that has changed disney is trying to create stars like the did with raven, hannah etc. So they can profit from cds, concerts & concert movies. I mean look what happened to toon disney which i used to love to watch old cartoons on
Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #45
DisneyDuchess
Earning My Ears

I'm 17 now but I grew up watching Disney Channel, in two different eras. I remember being obsessed with Lizzie McGuire (who can't forget the Lizzie McGuire Movie? That convinced me to go to Rome haha!), Even Stevens, Sister, Sister, and That's So Raven. There were also SO many good DCOM movies back then, like Luck of the Irish, Hocus Pocus, Smart House, ect.

Then when I was in my pre-teen age, Hannah Montana premiered and I also became a huge fan. The period of shows like HM, Wizards, Suite Life of Zach & Cody and even Sonny With A Chance was the last time Disney Channel was good, in my opinion. But those shows are now long gone. I can't even STAND to hear Austin & Ally in the background when my brother watches. Shake It Up has weak writing and acting, Ant Farm/Jessie is boring, Austin & Ally is just cringe-worthy. Good-Luck Charlie is the last show on DC right now that still is a bit watchable to me, but I don't see that show lasting as long as Wizards or Hannah did. Charlie is eventually going to grow up anyway.
DisneyDuchess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: