Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Mexican Riviera Planning Thread ... Navigators, Menus, Port Info and Much More!

Hi Everyone!

I just came back from the Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder and had a fabulous time. There is so much great info on the boards to help with your research ahead of time however it can sometimes be hard to find. So because of that I am putting together this thread. The 1st post will just be this intro while the next 3 post will be reserved for information as it becomes avaliable.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 11-16-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Info 1

Port of LA:

Port of LA Website
Pacific Cruise Ship Terminal Website

World Cruise Center
The World Cruise Center at the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro is approximately 18 miles (29 kilometers) south of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), 25 miles (40 kilometers) south of downtown Los Angeles and 10 miles (16 kilometers) west of Long Beach, with easy freeway access from both directions.

Directions
From LAX:
Travel southbound on the San Diego Freeway (Interstate 405), then southbound on the Harbor Freeway (Interstate 110). Exit at Harbor Boulevard and proceed straight through the Harbor Boulevard intersection. Turn right to enter the World Cruise Center.

From Downtown Los Angeles:
Travel southbound on the Harbor Freeway (Interstate 110). Exit at Harbor Boulevard and proceed straight through the Harbor Boulevard intersection. Turn right to enter the World Cruise Center.

From Long Beach:
Travel westbound on Ocean Boulevard, Seaside Avenue and the Vincent Thomas Bridge (State Highway 47). Exit at Harbor Boulevard and proceed straight through the Harbor Boulevard intersection. Turn right to enter the World Cruise Center.

From Anaheim, Buena Park, Orange County:
Travel west on the Artesia Freeway (91) to south Harbor Freeway (Interstate 110). Exit at Harbor Boulevard and proceed straight through the Harbor Boulevard intersection. Turn right to enter the World Cruise Center.

Parking
Overnight parking is available and no reservations are required. Most lots are open seven days/week, 24 hours/day. Courtesy shuttles are provided to and from the cruise terminal on scheduled ship days. Shuttles are not wheelchair accessible. Parking rates are $1 each hour for the first 10 hours, with a $12 daily maximum. Cash, Travelers Checks, and Credit Cards are accepted. For more information, call Parking Concepts at 1-800-540-PARK.

Navigators:

You will receive the Voyage Navigator and Sunday Navigator prior to boarding after that you will receive the navigators nightly in your stateroom during turndown service. Additional copies are avaliable at Guest Services located on Deck 3 at anytime. I reccommend getting an extra copy and bring a highlighter to plan your activites.

Voyage Navigator
Sunday Nov 6 Navigator
Monday Nov 7 Navigator
Tuesday Nov 8 Navigator
Wednesday Nov 9 Navvigator
Thursday Nov 10 Navigator
Friday Nov 11 Navigator
Saturday Nov 12 Navigator

Port Info:
Port Adventure Guides are avaliable at the Port Adventures Desk located on Deck 3. The Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas Shopping Guides will be left in your room the night before you reach port. Additional copies are avaliable on Deck 1 on Port Days, Guest Services and the Port Adventures Desk.

Port Adventures Guide
Puerta Vallarta Shopping Map
Tendering Information for Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas Shopping Map
Los Angeles Disembarking Guide

Vista Spa:

Vista Spa Services and Price Sheets

Onboard Acct Letter:
You will receive this letter when you check in at the Port of LA before boarding.

Onboard Stateroom Account Letter

Laundry Rooms:
There are 3 Self Serve Launderette locations on the ship.
Deck 2 Port Side Opposite stateroom #2096
Deck 6 Starboard Side Opposite stateroom #6588
Deck 7 Starboard Side Opposite stateroom #7590

Photo of Irons
Photo of laundry machines and dryers

*I had read on the boards it was $2.00 for a wash or dry cycle however we did laundry on the 6th floor and it only cost $1.00 per cycle. Detergent is avaliable for a $1.00. If bring your own remember these are HE machines. Prepare to use the dryer 2x if you want dry clothes.

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 11-18-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Laundry Room Update
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #3
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Info 2

Menus for Specialty Breakfast:

Island Jam Breakfast
This is your Character Breakfast and is included in your trip. Tickets for this breakfast will be in your stateroom when you arrive and your server will remind you the night before. Take your time enjoying breakfast. The characters will visit each table individually so it does take some time. Before the characters start visiting a cast member will come around and remind you to have your cameras ready and prepared. They will take 2 photos per family. Make sure you ask for 2 photos some host will only take one if you don't say anything. It is always better to have 2 good photos on your camera than 1 bad one! Guest traveling without children: DO NOT miss this. You will have a lot of fun and some great photos from your trip that you didn't have to buy. Be prepared your napkin will magically turn into a hat while you are enjoying breakfast!

Front Cover
Just for Children, Egg Specialties and Sides, Pancakes, Waffles, Hot and Cold Cereals, and Cold Classics
Mickey's Island Favorites, Healthy Options, Fresh Fruits, Yogurts, Chilled Juices, Bakery Items, and Beverages

See YaReal Soon Breakfast
Front Cover
Beverages, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Cereals, Fresh from the Bakery, Preserves, and Breakfast Favorites

Menus for Dinner Rotations:

Animator's Palete
Inside Cover
Cocktails, Appetizers, Soups and Salads
Featured Selections and Bread Selections
Desserts, No Sugar Desserts, After Dinner Liqueurs, Specialty Coffee, Cognacs, Eaux De Vie, Dessert Wines and Port Wines

Parrot Cay
Menu Cover
Specialty Cocktails, Appetizers, Soups, Salads, and Bread Selection
Main Courses
After Dinner Liqueurs, Specialty Coffee, Cognacs, Eaux De Vie, Dessert Wines and Port Wines
Desserts and No Sugar Added Desserts

Triton's
Cover
Cocktails, Appetizers, Soup, and Salads
Main Courses and Bread Selection
After Dinner Liqueurs, Specialty Coffees, Cognacs, Eaux de Vie, Dessert Wines and Port Wines
Back Cover

Golden Mickey's
Front Cover
Main Selections
After Dinner Liqueurs, Specialty Coffees, Cognacs, Eaux de Vie, Dessert Wines and Port Wines
Back Cover

Pirates in the Caribbean
Front Cover
Main Courses
Back Cover

Captain's Gala
Front Cover
Main Courses

Till We Meet Again
Front Cover
Main Courses
Back Cover

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 11-19-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Tips for planning ...

This is a work in progress ...

Packing
Daily Scheduling
Key Activities to Remember:

Last edited by Hollywood Glitter; 11-17-2011 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

There actually already is an All Things Mexican Riviera thread. Maybe the mods could put this thread link in there?

Thanks for the new navigators. Looking forward to your TR, too!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #6
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Thanks for the info! I am just in the early planning stages for our November Disneymoon so seeing all the info you just posted is of great help
DISNEYaddict4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #7
deebs
DIS Veteran

Love this!! Thanks!! I'm off this Sunday so this is great!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #9
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
There actually already is an All Things Mexican Riviera thread. Maybe the mods could put this thread link in there?

I have added some stuff to that one also I just wanted to create something that had all the info I was looking for when I was researching for my trip. I'm trying to jump between this and my cruise report.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
Merryweather11
First time cruiser

Thank you! Very helpful!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post

Yes, but from someone who is planning an MR cruise soon, I am thrilled to see another thread on it. There is a lot less info out there on the Mr cruises than the other itineraries because it is newer. Thanks for the info

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
Nikkim
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for this. We are off in Feb 2012 so this guide is super handy
Nikkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad your finding this helpful. If you have any question about the cruise please post them. I am more than happy to answer
Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Don't get me wrong; I'm happy for this, too! I was just hoping a moderator could post this thread's link on the main page of the other MR info thread.

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #15
Samantha_Mommy
Mouseketeer

thanks for the thread... We have 7 weeks left and we'll be in LA!

Disney Fantasy November 2013
Samantha_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: