Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1351
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Thanks DancinD.

Peg, glad you were able to get an answer and were put at ease.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1352
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

PrincessKsmom - wishing you all the best with the upcoming tests. Glad your dad is home from the hosp. too. I am sure that is so much less stress for you and your family.

Peg - hope your symptoms have subsided or are at least bearable.

Linda and fortwildernesishome - gasp! Ds1 says he is not gong to play in the baseball league. He said he is going to do snme new basketball league instead. I dont think its because he does not love baseball, its some "politics" going on within one of the teams I think Sadly that team which ds is not on has players from our church and they have not included ds or asked him to try out and picked someone else who really wouldnt be an asset to the team probably as much as ds would. Also I think the team he was on with his friend, I think his friend probably is not going to be playing so I really dont know how many players he knows on that team etc.

Well yest it was snowing here and today its sunny and the birds are singing and now Mon. its suppose to snow again

Also just got a nice discount code from southwest, looked at the flights, hmm, if dh is unavailable maybe I will just go with ds3 in May or early June since you have to use it by June 8th.

My R hip/leg is really bothering me. Oh well, another day and another dr.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week end everyone.

GAGWTA. Thinking of you all.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #1353
CherylDan
Survivor

Greetings from beautiful southern California! We've been here at DL for a few days now, it's sooooo nice! The weather is beyond perfect, and even though it is Spring break, it's really not too bad crowd wise. I love it here!

We will be here two more days and then head down to SanDiego. it sure is going to be hard to go back to the cold and snow at home......I keep telling DH that I'm just gonna stay here.

Can't respond to everyone right now, but I hope everyone is doing well. GAGWTA!

Diagnosed Nov 2006, Stage 2B/grade 3, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxifen
Mets Feb 2011, chemo, arimidex
Mets Jan 2014, chemo
CherylDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #1354
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

Greetings ladies! I know I have been MIA - between cancer appointments, trying to work, and the family seems like my life is on hold. I barely get through the day sometimes. I think the job is going to go soon. Probably another month and I will go out on disability. I hate to do it but I need the energy for other things - like fighting the cancer. I figure I will wait until my scans are done and see if the cancer is improving. If so, we'll contine with the Cis/Gemzar and I don't think I can keep working through much more of this. The week with both chemicals just wipes me out for days.

Going on my bucket list trip to China this week. So looking forward to it. Hoping that I can get enough protein into me to keep fluids in my cells and blood vessels where it belongs and drop the swelling in the legs and feet. Right now it is pretty painful to walk. I am bringing a cane with me to help me with getting up and down. But no thoughts of cancelling the trip! I always think of LMP's husband's trips to China and how they aggravate her! It is a long way to go and he does it fairly often. I will let you all know how my trip of a lifetime goes.

Peg, glad you got settled into a wig. My hair has thinned considerably but I am still just wearing a short do and it looks OK. I am trying to avoid the wig because of the itching and heat. I have it ready to go if needed but am hoping that I will either keep what I have for hair or just go natural and bald.
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #1355
PrincessKsMom

I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

PatsMom, enjoy your trip and I hope you are able to get enough nurishment and strength to see everything you'd like to see.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #1356
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Cheryl - have a wonderful time in sunny Ca. I cant wait to here all about your trip!

Pats Mom - so gad to hear from you. Sorry the chemo is exhausting you and dealing with the side effects. Its so wonderful that you are going on your trip this week. Please be prepared. Can your dr. give you some antibiotics to take with you as a precaution. The health care there is spotty etc. You have to ask to go to a good hospital if need be. Also I would def. take some protein foods that you like, protein bars, peanut butter, nuts etc. Whatever you can tolerate. Unless you want some yummy bugs on a stick. Are you going with a tour group or by yourselves? I know the ds had a tour guide but were not with a group. You just book them for the day etc. I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute of it. Cant wait to hear all about it when you get back sista.

Peg - heard about the terrible weather yest. Were you affected? Heard Disney is also at a level 3 in MK before. Crowded

GAGWTA. Thinking of you all
Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #1357
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Cheryl, So glad you're having a good time in California!

PatsMom, Have an amazing time!

LuvMaryPoppins, The weather here yesterday was crazy! There was a lot of damage in Windermere. Many trees are down. It was pretty scary. My poor dog was totally freaked out. The weather service is trying to decide if it was a tornado or straight line winds. Either way, it was extreme.

I heard Magic Kingdom was packed today. What a difference a week makes. Some friends were here last week and said the wait times were nothing.

Thinking of you all!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #1358
fortwildernessishome
DIS Veteran

marypoppins-sorry about your son giving up baseball.....hopefully he has lots of fun playing basketball! I think the older they get, the harder it can be to be a part of a team.

Patsmom- I hope you have a WONDERFUL trip to China!!!! I have a cousin that lives in Beijing.....its an amazing country!

Peg-hope your treatment is going well and that your wig fits good/is comfortable. Like I wrote before, I had to go back to the wig shop a few times to get the fit just right, but once I did, I could almost forget I was wearing a wig.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #1359
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Hi there ladies!
Cheryl only been home a month but I am jealous!! lol... went to the garden center and they had giant redwoods for sale! I had no idea they would grow here, but apparently there are lot's in the Vancouver area that are getting pretty big now, so I had to get one! I pity the people who have this place after us in 30 or however many years we make it!! I am pretty sure it would cover our whole lot eventually!
Patsmom, I hope your trip goes smoothly and you have a wonderful time!
LMP, I sure hope your hubby and son had decent weather when they were here! March can be such a horrible month, but the last week or bit more has been glorious! lot's of sun and temperatures was up to 60 here today, lot's of flowers blooming. That ferry to the Island is a long one, we have not been there in years because it is also very expensive! We have another ferry from Vancouver over here to where we are, so for a return trip over to Vancouver Island for us is over $200. We can drive nearly to Disneyland and back for that!!
Peg my stomach issues were really a problem for me with my chemo. I have another illness to begin with, and have had multiple surgeries for it. They had me on intravenous meds for my acid reflux, one pill they ended up giving me was something they had to get special athority from the medical people to use because it is so expensive. sadly it didn't really help, but I made it through and you will too.
Disneydazed, I will keep you in my prayers, I really hope you get an answer and some relief soon!
It's funny how you forget things...I had forgotten all about how my scalp hurt when my hair came out! but yes it did. And Princessksmom, I hope you get good news and soon!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #1360
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

smiley - that redwood tree sounds awesome

Laurie - I thought of you because my ds is bound and determined to have that fish tank. I told him to please stop buying supplies and study. Ds3 is in on this too so it does not help.

Pats mom - hope you have a wonderful trip. Cant wait to hear about it

Cheryl - hope your trip is going well. I saw some pictures of the crowds in Disneyland and it looked pretty crowded.

Well I am thinking of May 23-30 for Disney or somewhere around that time, maybe sooner. Dh has so much traveling to do. Now he is not going to China but Russia, Cali etc. I think he could use a vacation,even though he doesnt enjoy Disney all that much.

GAGWTA
Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #1361
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Feralpeg, have the symptoms subsided some?

PrincessKsmom, good luck with your visit Monday. Please let us know how it goes.

Cheryl, it sounds like your trip was wonderful. Glad you enjoyed it so much.

Patsmom, I hope your trip to China is everything you have dreamed of. Who are you going with again? My memory is terrible.

Smilie_face2, how you get that giant redwood home, girl?

LMP, maybe we will get to meet up in Disney? I will send you a pm. I am taking DD17 and her girl friend to tea one day. I thought about how much fun we had when we celebrated your birthday with the tea 2 years ago. You should join us. I will try and find my reservation and figure out what day it is. We are staying at the Boardwalk again. I love the Boardwalk view.

I am sorry you are having second thoughts about the aquarium. Is it a large tank? Hard to move these guys, even without the water they are just plain heavy. But the bigger the tank, the easier to keep it clean once the natural environment is established. Is there a reputable local fish keeping store there? One thing you don't want is to get stuck with it when your DS move out. Don't make the mistake I made when DS 22 got her half chow puppy in the spring of her HS senior year. Now she is "our" dog.

We are barbecuing steaks tomorrow for a family Easter get together. Nice weather, have to make the most of it before it gets too hot hot hot.

I have had to replace pretty much my entire wardrobe with my weight
loss. After 3 months on it, I have a different "foot print." Unfortunately my cholesterol only went dow 3 points. I pushed off my next doctor appointment to late June. I am staying on the diet about another month, then continue exercising, maybe the doc will be satisfied with my cholesterol then.

It is hard to keep on this diet with all the food choices here. I am plugging along though. It helps that I have to include 4 cups of low carb veggies a day, and I can have 8 ounces of meat and seafood per day. I make that 8 ounces count with steak, really good fish, shrimp and crawfish. Nothing friend, but then I am not a big fried food person anyway.

I am going to a wedding tonight though. Food at wedding receptions in New Orleans is usually quite good and over the top rich. I will spend my time visiting the relatives I guess.

Easter candy I navigated by buying a lot and mailing most of it off to DD22 and her boyfriend's mom. Sprung for the "good stuff" and enclosed a whole lot of gold brick Easter eggs that I think is only available in south Louisiana. Just kept a few for DD17 and DS24 who came in last night. DD17 won't eat much (she is officially a vegan, but those gold bricks are very tempting).

Can't have Easter without chocolate, but I won't have any this year. I am thinking about squirreling away some in the freezer but I will have to hide wisely. I tried to deep six a box of girl scout cookies but they were discovered.

Saved me I guess.

GAGWTA!
Old 03-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #1362
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Hi, everyone! The past couple of weeks have been crazy. A friend Kendall met in the UK came to stay with us for two weeks. Any other time, that would have been great. It was difficult. He came in the day I had my last infusion. It was kind of hard being pleasant when I really didn't feel that well. He left on Wednesday, so I'm taking advantage of the peace and quiet to just veg!

My stomach is still giving me fits. I'll go for a day or so with no problem and then it really acts up. I'm seeing the oncologist on Tuesday, so I'll talk to him about it.

The weather here has been all over the place. Last week it was really chilly. Today, it is almost 80. These changes are not good for my sinus! It looks like the chilly weather will soon be a thing of the past and I'll be complaining about the heat. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference. I'm not getting out that much anyway!

Hope you all have a terrific Easter!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #1363
PrincessKsMom

Nothing new to report. Met with the oncologist/breast doctor today. He read the report which contradicted itself and said right side AND left side. Nice to know people aren't paying attention. I reassured him it was the left side. He said he didn't think it was anything to be concerned with, but agreed a sonogram guided biopsy was the best choice. I asked about the asymmetry. He said he didn't feel anything during the exam, and said maybe after the biopsy he'll recommend and MRI just to have another look at it. Next step I call on Wed to schedule the biopsy. Not looking forward to it but will be happy when I have a definite answer. Any idea how long it usually takes to get the biopsy results back?

Old 04-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #1364
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom
Any idea how long it usually takes to get the biopsy results back?
Usually a couple of days. Hope you get some answers soon!

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 AM   #1365
CherylDan
Survivor

PatsMom, your trip sounds amazing, I hope you are having a great time!

Smiley, did you get your tree planted yet? That sounds like such an interesting thing to find, so unusual! Are they fast or slow growing trees?

LMP, have you finalized your dates for Disney yet? Sounds like your DH is always so busy, it must be hard to make plans too far into the future.

Snappy, congrats on the new wardrobe! You have some amazing willpower to pass up chocolate......good for you!

Peg, sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your stomach. I did too, there just didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Hang in there, it will get better.

PrincessK, that's good that you are going ahead with the biopsy - always best to know for sure! And keep in mind that most biopsies (80%, I think) come back negative.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. We returned home from our vacation about 3am on Sunday morning....it was a late flight to begin with, but then of course it got delayed! Oh well, no matter, we had a great time at Disneyland, and San Diego was awesome! Busy, busy, busy! I have a million pictures to go through, will try to post some with more details in a few days.

I went for my two month CT scan right before we left, and go to the oncologist tomorrow for the results. At my last two month check up, my tumor marker numbers had gone up quite a bit more, so I'm prepared to hear bad news. Seems like I've been getting lucky for quite awhile now......just waiting for the other shoe to fall.

Diagnosed Nov 2006, Stage 2B/grade 3, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxifen
Mets Feb 2011, chemo, arimidex
Mets Jan 2014, chemo
CherylDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: