Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #1291
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Laurie - welcome back. We missed you! Glad you had such a great trip. Sorry about the uncooperative weather and sorry about your dd's cell phone. I always tell the ds when they go to put theirs in their front jeans pocket and not the back etc.

What plays did you see? How about the museums. Did you go back to the MOMA? I know how you said you loved it before. How about the Whitney?

Glad your dh and ds liked NYC too. Hope you can post some pictures. I always love looking at your pictures.

Pats Mom - thinking of you sista

Peg - how was your shot. Did they have to use your stomach again? I am sure that is unpleasant. Hope the side effects are bearable.

Well today ds21 took me for the infusion. He had to do a trach suctioning skills test and I am glad he got out of that in time and passed it. He liked the nurse who I had and she taught him a few things too. So he was really happy. Just observed of course, but she did take out some vein finder thing that he wanted to see that they dont have where he is etc. And voila, she pulled one out of the closet and let him practice on her and him but not me since I was in the midst of the infusion.

The strange side effects I am having right now are ringing in my ear, tiredness and thirsty. So far no fever, bone pain or delusions, so we shall see. These side effects right now are great compared to last time. Hope it stays this way.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all always.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #1292
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

It has been so busy here since I have been gone! no hope of replying to everyone, but LMP I hope your symptoms continue to be minimal. Welcome home Snappy! I thought of you a lot while celebrating fat tuesday at Ralph Brennans Jazz Kitchen! had such good food and a few hurricanes and have a really pretty bead necklace as a keepsake.
It's been full on busy since we got back and today was the very first day in 9 that we were able to just stay home and relax!!
Went for my annual mammo on wednesday and because we are from out of town, they check it right away in case they want to do an ultrasound or biopsy, but she said things look good so I could go. don't want to be overly optomistic but I think I am still in the clear Back to the grind of trying to finish up the projects we had on the go, our new bedroom suite will be finished next week and are getting a new vanity and storage tower built for the bathroom as well. We finally got the shelf for the kitchen just before we left, so we still have to get that finished up too.
We had one day of cold rain and hail our first day in Anaheim and I was worried but it cleared out and gradually warmed up so our last week there was really nice. Got in lot's of time laying by the pool tanning between jaunts into the park

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #1293
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Smilie, you have so many projects going! Good thing you and your DH were away for awhile. I am sure you needed to recharge those batteries before taking everything on.

Glad you celebrated Mardi Gras in style. I bet the weather there was warmer and drier than south Louisiana that day.

Any congrats on the good mammo results!

LMP, are the side effects after the infusion diminishing today? The ones you mention do sound weird.

I was able to get a new screen put on the broken iphone that flew out of DD17's pocket and off the highest ride in Universal Orlando last summer last night as a stop gap step for now. I hope it works until we have another upgrade option.

I have been working on our trip pictures. We were so darn busy I did not take as many as I would have liked, and anyway I had the devil of a time getting people to pose especially with the temps, so I have more pictures of places and objects than people. But I will try and post a few after I finish getting a few uploaded to photobucket.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #1294
snappy
Survivor

The Eventi rooms were nice. I was cheap and did not book suites, only regular rooms, but I was able to get Empire State views. New hotels, nice beds and linens, marble bathrooms

And the window partially opened, even on the 20th floor!!!

Last edited by snappy; 03-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #1295
snappy
Survivor

But the best part was the view:

Day. . .

And night. . .

Last edited by snappy; 03-02-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #1296
snappy
Survivor

Great views from our table at brunch at Robert, the restaurant on the top of the Art and Design museum at Columbus circle:

Last edited by snappy; 03-02-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #1297
snappy
Survivor

The hotel must have received the email that I like orchids:

Old 03-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #1298
snappy
Survivor

My dear brother took DD17 and DS 24 to the New Museum near his apartment and managed to get them to pose for some pictures on the rooftop with the skyline in the background (can you see the WTC in progress?)

Old 03-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #1299
snappy
Survivor

In my room

Old 03-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #1300
snappy
Survivor

Skaters at Rockerfeller Center

Last edited by snappy; 03-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #1301
snappy
Survivor

I did not make it to the top of the Empire State building since it was too cold and I was by myself anyway so it would not have been as memorable, but I did go inside the building. I met a very nice young man from Korea who asked me to take his picture with a very fancy tablet, and I liked this up on the wall:

Last edited by snappy; 03-02-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #1302
snappy
Survivor

DS24 and I hoofed it over to Grand Central Station before leaving for the Airport.

I love the building, the details, the roof. It is so classic and I am so grateful it was restored.

Last edited by snappy; 03-02-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #1303
snappy
Survivor

I was strongly discouraged from taking pictures of the exhibits at the Guggenheim, or as DH christened it, the Guggenheimer, but the building itself is a work of art.

Last edited by snappy; 03-02-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #1304
snappy
Survivor

But my heart belongs to the Met. . .

Especially the French Impressionists galleries on the second floor where I could have remained all day. So many Monets and Van Goghs

Had to tear myself away but this time I did make it to the new American pavilion. I was glad I made the effort.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #1305
CherylDan
Survivor

Laurie, wow.....great pictures! Looks like you had an awesome time. The views from your room were incredible! You sound like quite the trip planner, keeping all the different comings and goings of your group in sync. So nice that you all were able to vacation together! I love all the grand old architecture - to say they just don't build them like that anymore is quite the understatement.

Smiley, can't wait to hear all about your trip! Yummmmm, we just loved Ralph Brennans last summer, can't wait to go back. It's hard to believe that we will be there in three weeks. Looking forward to seeing your pictures! Sure sounds like you have a lot going on - hope you have some "me" time soon.....or at least time enough to relax and daydream about your pool time!

LMP, how are you feeling today?

I got a new washer and dryer today.....holy cow, never had to read the instructions for a washing machine before! My favorite part is that the washer has this snazzy clear glass lid that just floats down to close. Oh, and the fact that there is no center agitator, just a huge open area. My old set, which did not match, had several settings on the dryer that did not work at all, and the wash machine's metal lid was all rusted. These new ones sure are pretty!

Sending out good thoughts to everyone in treatment or playing the waiting game.

GAGWTA!!

Diagnosed Nov 06, Stage 2B/grade 3, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxifen
Mets 2/11, chemo, arimidex
Mets 1/14, chemo
CherylDan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: