Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #916
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Minijeanie, how was your trip? How was the weather?

I can imagine that the paint roller might be useful. You would have to make sure you are pushing fluid in the right direction though or it could make things worse.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:40 AM   #917
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

I am truly sorry for Lisa's family. I did not know her but it seems she generated tons of friends on these boards. This is a sad day for all.

This disease truly stinks! How much more research and money is needed before they find a cure?
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #918
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
Minijeanie, how was your trip? How was the weather?

I can imagine that the paint roller might be useful. You would have to make sure you are pushing fluid in the right direction though or it could make things worse.
You are truly correct about the paint roller. It really helps me sometimes.

Trip was fantastic. We stayed one night in RP and went to US and IOA for two days.. THen we went on to SOG for four nights. Totally awesome resort for military. My son is in Army reserves waiting to be deployed so that was why we went. Beautiful surroundings and quite peaceful. It is located directly across the street from the Poly so we were able to use all Wdw transportation by either going to monorail or using TTC

SOG had their own buses which really worked out. They had 2 pools and you could swim 24/7. Rooms were huge in comparison to regular wdw resorts. I actually got a military rate for tickets and we only paid $138 for a four day park hopper. Boy did we score!! LOL
Weather was actually pretty good. We had our daily afternoon thunderstorm and one night it drizzled all night but other than that it was clear skies. However it was extremely hot and humid but that is expected for this time of year so I cannot complain.

If anyone has opportunity to stay at Shades of Green please do so. I totally recommend. btw my kids were calling it the Shades of Grey hotel
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #919
snappy
Survivor

Your trips sounds wonderful. SOG sounds great! Can't beat the location!

What a deal on the tickets!

It is hot this time of year in the south. Rain can be a welcome respite. It is mild here today, only 82 with a breeze. Feels good.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #920
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Laurie, a right heart cath looks at the pressures in the lungs and (indirectly) the left side of the heart, i.e. the side that has the hardest job (pumping out to the body, as opposed to the right side of the heart that only has to pump to the lungs). Sometimes people have a little fluid in their lungs (if they have a touch of heart failure) or something like pulmonary hypertension (which can be related to something like sleep apnea) which can cause shortness of breath/windedness without chest pain. A left heart cath looks at the coronary arteries to see if there are any blockages, or ischemia.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #921
slg
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

I've been away and then had company, so been very busy. Now I'm back to work and stealing a couple of minutes from my employer to post.

I had my breast MRI and it came back normal, but I need to have an ultrasound for the breast lump and an MRI is only 95% effective. Most likely the lump is a cyst, but one never knows, so I have to wait until next Wednesday for my ultrasound. I'll let everyone know what happens.

My mom finds out on Thursday how our blood work came back and whether she needs more chemo. Her tummy is alarmingly large so I think she will although i'm trying to be optimistic. She feels okay but is very worried.

Thank you for all the warm thoughts and hugs. Right back at ya.
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #922
CherylDan
Survivor

Hi ladies.....

I have been so sad about Lisa today.....such a shock, I knew things were not sounding good for her, but didn't know she was so ill. You are right Laurie, she was just here not too long ago talking about a restaurant near WDW.

I remember how thoughtful and caring she always was last spring and summer when I was not doing well - even though she was also in treatment. You too, Smiley. Wow. It's just surreal.

I spent a good part of today going back and reading old post....including ones from our previous theads prior to this one. Lisa always seemed to have strength, hope, and her sense of humor.

LMP, as Laurie said, thanks for letting us know. How did you find out - did Meg contact you? Is there some way we can let Meg and family know we are thinking of them?

Laurie, stay safe.

Sig, sending you and your mom good thoughts for you upcoming test.

Mini, glad you had a great trip!

DD and her DH are back from France and Spain....DD fell the first day they were there and hurt her leg and knee, but was still able to hobble around and enjoy themselves. Said Paris was beautiful. I only talked to her for a short time last night, will get more details this weekend when she comes for our niece's going away party.

GAGWTA!!!

Diagnosed Nov 2006, Stage 2B/grade 3, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxifen
Mets Feb 2011, chemo, arimidex
Mets Jan 2014, chemo
CherylDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:22 PM   #923
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Here is the information about Lisa. I signed the guest book. The pictures are beautiful and really showed her love of her family, Disney and her car!

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Lisa-O'Malley&lc=4816&pid=158863309&mid=5188967
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #924
CherylDan
Survivor

Maryann, thanks for the link - you are right, great pictures! I will have to think about what to write.

Diagnosed Nov 2006, Stage 2B/grade 3, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxifen
Mets Feb 2011, chemo, arimidex
Mets Jan 2014, chemo
CherylDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #925
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

How very sad. I saw a few of her posts, she did seem like a lovely lady and way too young for this to happen. Very sobering.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #926
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

OMG!! I just was scrolling down to catch up and found the posts about Lisa. I was at WDW Saturday and was thinking about her, looking for Meg but didnt see her of course.

I lost a former patient this past weekend, that I was close to. Just feel a bit more sunk. Keep thinking of Lisa's smile and her blue eyes.

With the changes FB has made, I never saw anything from her page or about posts to her page.

Laurie, stay safe. I know its just going to be wind and a lot of rain. Im sure every one will be okay including DS. Keep us posted about your DH.

R is okay as of last night. He isnt awake yet to my knowledge.

Thank you LMP for the information about Lisa. Any updates on Candy?

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #927
snappy
Survivor

Still have power at our house, bad weather to continue through tomorrow. Schools closed through tomorrow. I doubt will hold classes Friday.

We are just staying inside.

Rain 3 inches per hour, this is ridiculous. Interstates closed because of flooding.

Talked to DS24 last night briefly. No cell phone.

My good friend Cindy texted me this am. Power off since yesterday. They should have come here. I think she has total of 13 at her house, some from germany and australia. Being treated to southern hospitality.

Power out most of New Orleans. But levees and pumps are all effective so far.

Someone upstairs is watching out for us.

Thanks for everyone's well wishes and emails.

Last edited by snappy; 08-29-2012 at 02:33 PM.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #928
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Was just thinking of you, Laurie. DH is a weather buff and just came home and flipped on the news to see what was happening with the storm. I heard mention of your area. Sending good thoughts and prayers that everyone's ok and it passes through with minimal disruption.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #929
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

R doesnt have power but does have his generator. Different grid and/or power lines may be above ground over there. I dont remember. And my friend Danielle in Meterie (sp) has power but said her DS is off until Tuesday from school.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:42 AM   #930
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

I am so sad that Lisa has passed on. She was a hero to me a real inspiration. I know how her family is suffering her loss and my heart breaks for them.
Has anyone heard from Marcij? I've been thinking of her lately too.
Laurie I hope Things get better there very soon, it looks so scarey on the news!
Had my CAT scan today see the oncologist next wed for results. We meet with the compensation board next friday to start determining how much hubbies pension will be. Such an extremely stressful time.
GAGWTA

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: