Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #871
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Good afternoon sistas

ols - wonderful news!

Laurie - loved your pics. Looks like you had an amazing time. I am glad you loved the city. I smiled what you said about your dd finding her way around. My ds are the same.

Linda - love your pics and glad you had a good vacation. That is why I asked about the hamster. Ours is a dwarf one and he is either sleepoing or on steroids. never will sit still if they try to hold him etc.

smiley - loved your pics and looks like you had a wonderful time too. I love the carmel pics and it looks like Jacob loved the cars theme and had a great time too.

Sha - loved the cake pics. Too cute!

Diana - sounds like you have a great trip too to Ca plus the food and wine. We will probably be there the 25-30. I think Linda (pats Mom) different Linda might be there then?? Maybe she will post soon., I cant remember

Minniejeannie - hope you are enjoying your trip

Lisa - Sending you good thoughts and prayers

Well 3 more days until dh comes home, good because the dishwasher just died, someone let the air out of 2 of ds20s car tires etc. etc. Why does everything happen when he is gone?? I had to make 2 trips to take care of some of ds22 stuff this week with him and had a meeting yest. for the school. Now I guess I will be busy washing dishes besides cooking Oh well, I think the dishwasher was at least 20 years old, so it served us well. Now to do some online research.

I need to make the bone scan appt and the dentist too.

Linda - saw your white appliance thread, hmm, I am getting stainless

GAGWTA
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #872
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

What does GAGWTA mean?

Thanks Mary Poppins!
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #873
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ols386 View Post
Your "girl" is beautiful, Pea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancind View Post
Pea, what is that little guy? So cute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
Linda, I looked at the picture of your precious hamster again. What a great job with the focus on him in the picture. I need to have you as a photography teacher. I just never seem to have the time to really play with the closeups. I am frustrated I did not have more pictures of us from our trip when we were eating out. Always seemed hectic and I got tired of lugging the camera around. I get so caught up in the moment, but I wish I had take pictures of my brother's dogs when we visited his place. Their antics were precious, he has a Chinese Crested and a long haired chihuahua. Spending time with them made our trip more family oriented, and less touristy if that makes any sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
Linda - love your pics and glad you had a good vacation. That is why I asked about the hamster. Ours is a dwarf one and he is either sleepoing or on steroids. never will sit still if they try to hold him etc.
Thank you! The little guy is a teddy bear hamster. He is really amazing in personality. He sits out with us for a long time each evening, no trouble at all, just likes to hang out. He even sits on DDs chest and watches her do her iPad. It is so funny! (Have to get some pics and video of that!) He is a big part of our household believe it or not. More like a cat or something, lol.

Laurie, I'd love to work with you on photography. But really, the secret is just practicing. Did you read Understanding Exposure? (Can't remember; thought you bought it.) That will help piece it together. Low light shots in restaurants and such are tough, especially if you only have kit lenses. Maybe it's time for another lens for you? Do ask if you have questions.

GAGWTA = Greetings and Good Wishes To All

ETA in thinking about it, I took that hamster shot with my 50-200 f/2.8 tele lens. I was clear across the room when I took it. It's the same lens I use for most of DS's baseball games (with the exception of those I posted here as I was traveling light that day and used our Mirrorless with kit tele lens). The 50-200 is my favorite lens. I can shoot games through fences and you can barely see the fence. It also yields great bokeh - that out of focus background. You won't believe it, but that little bit of red and white is DD's shirt! I'll show you a couple of other shots I took of him that I love as well.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013

Last edited by Pea-n-Me; 08-08-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #874
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ols386 View Post
What does GAGWTA mean?

Thanks Mary Poppins!

Also check my post 869 on the prior page!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #875
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
Ooh there is some nice stuff with Thirtyone, I just checked their website. You are on your way with the fundraising. wow!

Can you email me some info?

Sha, can you come down to Orlando the first weekend of F&W?

Would love for you to meet my NOLA friend and her SO.

She has not signed up for the race, but she said she plans to.
I will email you the link... the show technically closes today BUT she cant actually close it out until tomorrow night because of a meeting she has tonight before seeing me and it will have been a long day. I am $110 shy from a level which of course increases the commission.

What is the first weekend of F&W?? I probably can get there. that would be really great if she signed up

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #876
snappy
Survivor

Sept 28 is the Friday F&W starts. Wish R could go.

enjoy your weekend, BTW
Old 08-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #877
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

GAGWTA

Ah, ok. Just wondered. Thanks!

I've always wanted to go during Food & Wine. Have never been during flower & garden either. Bet it's beautiful!
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #878
snappy
Survivor

Food and Wine is nice, especially with a group or meeting friends. Each year I attend seems different to me. I guess this year will make my third year, but twice I combined it with the central Florida RFTC.

This year I am skipping that one and doing the New Orleans one with Sha instead.

I like the food offerings, and just the general "vibe" of the event. It is best to stay at one of the EPCOT resorts with easy access to the back of EPCOT. However, it can be done from other locations.

My DH and I did one of the special events in 2008, a hour and a half interview of the chef at Commander's Palace (arguably the best restaurant in New Orleans) named Tony McPhail. He was interviewed by a local Orlando news host on a raised dias using top of line kitchen appliances, the cooking of the duck entree all filmed and displayed on large screen tv's. The chef had prepared a duck entree for 100, only about 30 guests were there, so instead of a taste we all were treated to a full plate of his entree, along with great beer from a south Louisiana brewery (one of the VP's from the brewery was there, and he too was set up to serve 100 guests).

We also received the chef's cookbook, actually two copies, one for me and one for my DH for $75 each. It was nice way to spend the afternoon, since it was not crowded, we sat at the first table, which was covered with a tablecloth, fresh flowers and a table decoration as I recall.

We were happy.

It is very enjoyable talking to the natives from the different countries, much the same way as it is in the regular EPCOT country pavillions.

We enjoyed some music, at least at the Louisiana pavilion that year, but the Louisiana were sub standard.

we have been a number of times during the flower and garden time as well. I have enjoyed meeting some of the artists. And seeing all the extra plantings is wonderful. It is hot in May though and October can be very nice in Orlando. September is not ideal, but I have had several good stays in September, but I think October is really idea, warm enough to swim but not as hot and humid as September can be.

GAGWTA!
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #879
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Had a very nice weekend! Thought it was going to rain Saturday so I didnt straighten my hair... wish I had, it never rained on us LOL

We went shopping some on Saturday afternoon... R bought me my first pair of crocs. I got flip flop style with the material between the toes and not the rubber. They are pink and brown and I am pleasantly surprised that I do like them.

Going to take another fun chair dance class... will have fun and maybe R will get to see that one!

I have to see what the next weekend works for R and I. We were suppose to get together for LD weekend but his work may get in the way. They took on a big project that evidently got messed up by a newby. I think the newby is out of work today, but not sure.

• °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Old 08-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #880
slg
DIS Veteran

I have my breast MRI on Monday as a routine check since I have the brca1 mutation, but last night I found a lump. I just went hot and cold all over. NOw I'm so scared...its round and smooth, like a hard pea.

My cousin is visiting me for my birthday tomorrow and I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and a family reunion. Everything feels pretty lousy now.

Just need some virtual hugs and hand holding.

S
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #881
snappy
Survivor

I have a hug for you. Can you call tomorrow and see if you can be seen? It will be hard to focus on anything else until you receive some answers.

Sorry this is overshadowing your birthday and family events.

I don't have any input on a pea shaped lump. Where is it?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #882
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg View Post
I have my breast MRI on Monday as a routine check since I have the brca1 mutation, but last night I found a lump. I just went hot and cold all over. NOw I'm so scared...its round and smooth, like a hard pea.

My cousin is visiting me for my birthday tomorrow and I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and a family reunion. Everything feels pretty lousy now.

Just need some virtual hugs and hand holding.

S
Have you let your doctor know? I found a "lump" and it did not feel like a pea - it just felt like a hard area. Cancers are not usually round and smooth, they're splotchy and ugly. (Nodes are, though!) Hope that helps you somehow. They may want to do something besides the MRI.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #883
slg
DIS Veteran

I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday morning...earliest I can get it. I also have a breast ultrasound on Sept. 5 for a follow up on some calcifications found on my right breast 3 months ago.

My mother had breast cancer 4 years ago,and now has terminal ovarian cancer. I had my ovaries removed 3 months ago, but with my high risk mutation, everything is very scary.

Thanks for the hugs. I am trying to not worry about it as there is nothing I can do.
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999
DL-1989,1990,1994,1997,2004,2007,2008,2009,2011,2013
slg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #884
Sha

sending a hug. At your appt, ask your doctor if you can move the US up as this is really scary for you. Maybe they can work it out to get you in sooner.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #885
snappy
Survivor

I agree with Sha, ask and maybe under the circumstances, you can get in quicker.

I did this back in2004, just to get a followup diagnostic mammogram. Af first the date was XX, but when I called a second time and explained how stressed I was waiting, the appointment was moved earlier.

Wishing you the best today, and hoping your cousin's visit gives you a distraction for a little while.

Happy Birthday, sweetie, sending you another hug this morning.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: