Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #856
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

My favorite feature of the suite besides the view. . .the bathroom!!!

The orchid that graced our bath. . .

And the true star of this suite's location. . .

Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #857
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

OMG!! I am so jealous! to see Monet with your own eyes..... so amazing. Beautiful pictures, you had good weather too! It's funny to see Grand Central Station for real, after seeing it in so many different movies! The best one was recently the new version of Arthur! Please tell me you soaked in that tub with a glass of wine at night with that view!?

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #858
snappy
Survivor

I have to admit to being partial to Monet, even over Van Gogh. I got "stuck" in the first room and could not move because it was wall to wall Monet. DD16 came to find me and said Mom you really need to see the other rooms.

Those hours at this museum were magical. When I go back to NYC, whenever that will be, I will plan the visit around a visit here.

We all loved soaking in that tub. It was crazy deep. The view from that room took my breath away. No wine but there was Blue Moon involved.

If I ever win the lottery I am buying a residence in that building. Perfect location to everything. Able to scoop up good buys for both girls from the stores.

I know there must be a lot you have to put up with living in Manhattan. But the benefits! Expensive too. No real grocery stores. My little trip cost a fortune but it gave me joy.

Last edited by snappy; 08-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #859
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

I love that bathroom, Snappy.

Talk about a great window view.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #860
snappy
Survivor

It seems unbelievable I know, but it really did look like this. . .

It was a lot of marble and cool to the touch, to warm your little toes during the winter, or in our case when we had the air conditioning full-blast, the thermostat driven heater blew warm air on the floor right where you stand in front of the vanity.

Felt like pure luxury.

There was also a kitchen stocked with water, soft drinks, Nespresso pods for the coffee, and cream, and a nice little washer drier combo in a big closet that was so cute. A sweet smiling little Asian fellow dropped off snacks several times a day, presenting them on a tray. It was adorable. They even had a pressing service for 5 items on arrival day. We checked in Sunday, and the clothes I gave them to press were ready in an hour.

Never had such service, even at the Waldorf in Orlando. There were personal assistants that called you before you left home, and were available to help with directions, maps, and recommendations for restaurants, shopping locations, etc.

They offered the use of the house car, that silver Maserati. It is the ONLY way to arrive at the Met. We were very lucky that it was available when we were ready to head out.

DD22 left one morning for the subway to Brooklyn and the house car driver called out to her, offering her a ride. I had not told her about the house car being made available to guests. She did not stop just kept on walking down Fifth Ave, she told me no way was she getting into a car with a stranger, even if it was a Maserati. She called herself a dweeb for turning it down, lol.

Gosh we had a lot of laughs.

Not sure we are really ready for the big city.

This hotel is listed in lastminutetravel.com, which is where I found out about it. I highly recommend researching this one. We got a deal as the end of the summer is apparently a slow period. I want to take my DH.

Last edited by snappy; 08-07-2012 at 08:43 AM.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #861
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Great pics, everyone! I will have to add in some of my own!

I love NYC, snappy. DH and I used to visit a lot pre-kids. It's only about a 4 hr drive for us, and Amtrack is kinda fun, too. It's been a while since we've been. Brings back memories.

Love the CA pics, smiley.

Congrats, ols!

Thinking of everyone and sending prayers to all who need them.

GAGWTA

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #862
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

We'll start with this little guy. We just love him to pieces, and he is incredibly photogenic!

And of course, my girl enjoying a game in the warm sun (on a chilly day).

This was how I spent much of the spring and summer.

A little R & R on vacation. (We let the kids take friends for a few days. Fun with 5 teenagers! )

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #863
snappy
Survivor

You get the best pictures, Linda!

My DD16 took some pictures of her self with the timer by the window in our room in NY. She bought a bright blue beret and looked like a French doll.

Something about that city inspires creativity.

I have been several times to NYC to, but in the midst of work stuff, short day trip when my parents lived in Hartford CT, and the 4 day theatre going trip Mom and I took 6 years ago.

This was special with DD22 living nearby, my brother available to guide us throughout, DD16 having gone last year and itching to go back, being able to have dinner with Dd22's boyfriend and his parents, having time to spend buying work clothes on tremendous sale for DD22.

Speaking of her, she got her first post college paycheck over the weekend, it is still just and internship rate, but you gotta start somewhere.

My baby bird has left the nest.

I think I am finally in a place where I am more comfortable trying new things, even on my own without DH. I was nervous that I can figure out cabs, subway, restaurants, but guess what I am capable. It was kind of self affirming, and I guess a good example maybe for DD16 who is very reserved. She too ventured out on her own the last day we were there as one of her best friends was in the city too. The friend got turned around and could not find our hotel, but DD16 figured out her location and met up with her. They shopped and had coffee. She too is more independent and worldly than I was at 16.

My sister calls NYC the new Disney for me. I will tell you it cost far more for this 4 day trip than any Disney trip we ever took, including a 3 week stay in a 4 bedroom pool home. Made some grown up memories though.

It helped me relax about DD22's place of work and commute. Compared to New Orleans, I think it actually may be safer, just so much farther.

I guess I am still having an afterglow from the trip, I was inspired last night by posting some pictures here to organize my pictures and set up an album that I synced to my ipad. I will enjoy looking at it while doing payroll today!

Thanks for listening to my gushing. I am enjoying all the other pictures posted here very much.

This is a wonderful thread. Keeping everyone in mind here, especially Lisa.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #864
ols386
I want to live at Disney World!!

Your "girl" is beautiful, Pea.
CBR October 2010, Polynesian December 2009, Wilderness Lodge September 2009, POFQ March 2009, DCL (Wonder) May 2008, Port Orleans Riverside January 2008, Contemporary Resort January 2007, Coronado Springs Resort January 2006, DCL (Wonder) February 2005, POP April 2004, Grand Floridian November 2003, Caribbean Beach Resort March 2002, DCL (Magic) March 2001, Various Visits During Past 15 Years
ols386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #865
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Lovely pictures, what wonderful memories! Snappy, your older DD is a beauty too. And Smiley, what an adorable grandson.

We are also planning a trip that just seems to be getting longer and longer. A week in Napa had grown by three nights in Healdsburg, and now we are adding on to the front end. Looks like we will be visiting Big Sur and Carmel too, and Monterey.

Good thing it looks like we have a good offer on our commercial building that's been for sale for 8 months.

Guess the "I deserve mode" is taking over for a little while!

Ols, so glad you got good news. Was starting not to believe the benign statistics I was told when at the biopsy.

Pea, what is that little guy? So cute.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #866
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancind View Post
Lovely pictures, what wonderful memories! Snappy, your older DD is a beauty too. And Smiley, what an adorable grandson.

We are also planning a trip that just seems to be getting longer and longer. A week in Napa had grown by three nights in Healdsburg, and now we are adding on to the front end. Looks like we will be visiting Big Sur and Carmel too, and Monterey.

Good thing it looks like we have a good offer on our commercial building that's been for sale for 8 months.

Guess the "I deserve mode" is taking over for a little while!

Ols, so glad you got good news. Was starting not to believe the benign statistics I was told when at the biopsy.

Pea, what is that little guy? So cute.
we have only been home a week, and I am jealous of your upcoming trip!! I so wish we could move there, or win a lottery and buy a part time place there. Have you been to those places very often? do you have favorite places to stay or eat? I would love to have any hints and tips you have if so.... We've been through that area a few times now, each time staying a little longer and discovering more things and favorite places. I can not wait for Oct/Nov to come now so we can be on our way down there again When are you going?

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #867
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

Great news!!! YAY!!!!

And love the photos! Laurie I want to go to that museum and I want to soak in that tub! Unless I go and soak in the one in the presidential suite

photos from the event are on the FB page for the team if you want to see.

I am doing a fundraiser but need to contact me to get info for this one. Its Thirty One products. I close on Thursday 5pm. They have LSU colors Laurie Doing Pampered Chef next month.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #868
snappy
Survivor

Ooh there is some nice stuff with Thirtyone, I just checked their website. You are on your way with the fundraising. wow!

Can you email me some info?

Sha, can you come down to Orlando the first weekend of F&W?

Would love for you to meet my NOLA friend and her SO.

She has not signed up for the race, but she said she plans to.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #869
snappy
Survivor

Linda, I looked at the picture of your precious hamster again. What a great job with the focus on him in the picture. I need to have you as a photography teacher. I just never seem to have the time to really play with the closeups. I am frustrated I did not have more pictures of us from our trip when we were eating out. Always seemed hectic and I got tired of lugging the camera around. I get so caught up in the moment, but I wish I had take pictures of my brother's dogs when we visited his place. Their antics were precious, he has a Chinese Crested and a long haired chihuahua. Spending time with them made our trip more family oriented, and less touristy if that makes any sense?

Nice to have family in the big city. I felt at home to the extent I started playing New Yorky music while there. I bet that sounds strange.

GAGWTA!

Oh, by the way that acronym means greetings and good wishes to all, coined by our poster Ann who stopped by a few weeks ago I think. Miss you, Ann!

It is a good shout out to everyone here as when we post it seems impossible to reply to or comment on everyone's recent posts. It is an all inclusive kind of thing.

Thanks Ann!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #870
snappy
Survivor

First day of school here today for DD16, and she is starting at a new school for junior year. She has a car (DD22's old one) now and left early to navigate the streets and locate her parking space.

First period is starting as I type this, and i am so hoping she has a good experience on her first day.

She has to change her schedule a bit so I am praying that goes well for her today It is daunting to change schools like this, but she has a number of good friends there, so I am hoping the transition goes well. This school has been under construction for two years so I am praying things are not too chaotic this week.

Has fall started? Ugh.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: