Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #751
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Melissa - good to see you posting. Wish you didnt have so much trouble doing it. Glad the sale is over. I am sure you worked so hard. Bet you are ready for a rest!

Laurie - Beautiful pictures. Bonnet Creek is one of the places we can get with the miles but dh doesnt want to do any driving. He says he just wants to rest and that includes no driving for him

Cheryl - love your pictures too. That market looks fun. I will have to ask dh if he ever went there. I wouldnt be brave to swim when the air temp is that cold, even if its heated. Cant wait to see more pics.

Well I was up bright and early today..Mission Candlelight Processional ADR accomplished! I didnt know you could book online, but I called at 7 am and was on hold for 51 minutes. Heard lots of disney music. I didnt like the dining time the cm gave us for the 6;45 show so I switched to the 8:15 show, never did that one before. Hope it is not too cold. That is my only worry. So we are seeing Whoopi Goldberg Nov. 30th for the 8:15 show and eating at Via Napoli at 5:45. Not my favorite place to eat either, but I was looking more at the price instead of the meal this time, so I took a Tier 2 place instead of our usual Tier 1.

Also started decorating the vbs room today. Wowsa, lots of work, but its looking good. Had my helper, an older lady and ds22 helping me. Ds20's room looks amazing. Will go back on Thurs. to do some more on my room and let ds22 help with his room. I dont know what time that lady is coming.

So cold here today after bad bad storms yest. Ds24 said hail hit his car.

GAGWTA.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #752
minijeanie
It is a great diversion from one's hectic day

luvMary: Glad you got ADR.. I think Whoopie will be really good. I love Processional. I only seen it once but brought me to tears.. You should be fine for the later dinner. End of Nov should not be too cold

Cheryldan: thanks for the pics.. Look great!

Well mid week here ladies and getting ready to drive 7 hours on Friday to wedding. It is my nephews. I have had so many graduation parties this month and birthdays I think I need to go on welfare...LOL
Have great day!
1996- WL
1997-WL, BWV
1999-Dxl, Dolphin
2000-BC, Disney Cruise
2001-HRH,Poly, BWV
2003-HRH, BWV
2005-CR, BWV
2005-POR
2008-CSR,Swan
2012-SOG
minijeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #753
CherylDan
Survivor

minijeanie, have fun at the wedding!

LMP, congrats on getting your ADR....sounds great!

Laurie, I'm so tech challenged it's pitiful.

How's everybody else doing?

Diagnosed Nov 06, Stage 2B/grade 3, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxifen
Mets 2/11, chemo, arimidex
Mets 1/14, chemo
CherylDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #754
CherylDan
Survivor

The view from our balcony as we pulled in to Ketchikan:

It's amazing how close the ships can get to town:

Seems like most people who live there travel by boat or float plane a lot of the time.....there are boats everywhere!

This is not our ship, but another parked up close to Ketchikan. The ship just seems to dwarf over the town.

Will be back later with another installment.

GAGWTA!!!!

Mets 1/14, chemo
Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #755
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Awesome pictures ladies!! that picture looks so strange because the cruise ship is sooooooo huge compared to the buildings!! very pretty though!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #756
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Love the pictures, they are gorgeous! So excited to go there next year.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #757
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Cheryl, all I can say is:

Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore!!!

for someone tech challenged, you did good, girl.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #758
snappy
Survivor

Ok, I have a request for a friend with who runs a great little organization who helps both children and adults with social skills, Aspergers, and similar diagnoses. I have sent this email to some of my contacts, and I would like for those of you on facebook to consider "voting" for my friend, Susan Mendelson.

She is applying for a grant for her small business/social work practice. Please vote for her, as she really needs 250 votes by June 30th!!

You need a facebook to login and vote but it's on this website:
https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/

Please login with your facebook account and then search for Susan Mendelson, and then it pops up!

Please share!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #759
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Saw a new gastrointerologist this week and he was extremely helpful! prior to my bc diagnosis, I've been suffering for about 14 years with achalasia, and spasms in my esophagus that are so extreme I take dilaudid for them. I had 9 dilatations of the sphincster muscle at the bottom of the esophagus until finally had surgery that just cut that muscle. I had my gall bladder out before that. anyway the surgeon suggested that he would like to just remove my whole esophagus and fix my hiatus hernia as well. needless to say I did not go back but through my chemo and bc surgeries this issue has been hell to deal with so my oncologist sent me to this new guy. he also thought the removal of my esophagus was extreme, and while he has me booked for a scope in september because it's been 4 years since the last one, he gave me a couple of new prescriptions to try. my GP jokes when he gives me a new prescription for something..."now this will only help if you actually take it" I hate taking anything and especially new stuff. Well last night I was in so much pain again, took 4 mg of dilaudid which as usual did pretty much nothing, and was preparing for another long night of pain, looking at the new bottle of pills scared to take them. finally the pain was so bad I just didn't care what the side effect would be and took it and ..... in about 20 minutes I was pain free this stuff is called Buscopan and is an anti spasmotic and analgesic. I had asked him if I tried it and it didn't work could I still take the dilaudid and he said it would be fine so I am glad I gave in and tried it. next time I will take that first and then dilaudid if I really need to. I have to go for esophgeal manometry again in August when we are back too, last one showed almost no muscle activity in my esophagus, that's why I need to drink gallons of water every day to wash my food down. One other drug he gave me though, I googled and am not willing to take. It is something to take all the time rather than just treat the problem when it occurs. it's called domperidone. but it talked about not taking it if you have had or have breast cancer, because it is a hormone type drug, and also has a warning to do with the heart and I have unexplained heart problems so I will just stick with the buscopan for now. so only one bottle on the not going to take shelf this time....

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #760
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Smiley, I have a shelf like that too! Wish I would remember to google them BEFORE I get the prescription filled.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #761
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Cheryl - Absolutely beautiful pictures! Love seeing other parts of the country. I bet you didnt want to come home!

smiley - so sorry you are having so much pain with your esophagus issues. I hope the new med will work for you. I would try anything first before surgery.

Lisa - thinking of you

I have lots of issues and acid with mine too. They scoped me and said they see the esophagus is not good from the acid, at least the part they could see. I am on the max of one med right now. Its the only one that works so far that is a prescription. I here you about the side effects. I ask now what side effects can I expect? etc. And of course I always get the worst side effects

Linda will remember my little Norvasc thing that almost ended me up in the hospital not too long ago. It was horrid.

Well Mission ADR's accomplished. Everything is set for the nov/dec trip. Only problem I had was trying to get Tonys in MK. Two nights and nothing. So hopefully I might be able to get the new Beast Castle one night. We are eating at the same ole, same old - Brown Derby,LTT (twice because I couldnt get Tonys), Plaza, Cape May, Via Napoli, Chefs, Grand Floridian Cafe (gotta see the gingerbread house), and Le Cellier. Only new place (and I am doing this for dh) Teppan Edo, not my type of food so we shall see. Might change that depending etc.

I am exhausted. We went to decorate again today from 10:30 till like 3. Last night we bought some of the stuff for the lady. Now I have to print out more material for her. I am trying my best and ds wants me to help him do his material too. I feel like 3 teachers at once.

Need to make a blood test appt. My back has really been bad along with my R hip. Hmm, my mom had 2 hip replacements by my age I think so I am sure I will end up like that too.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #762
snappy
Survivor

Smilie, I am so glad you do your homework so to speak on the meds that are prescribed. You are a very wise person.

I am glad the new med took care of the pain so quickly and hope you have continued luck with it.

MaryAnn, glad you were able to get most of the ADR's you want for your November/December trip. You have a lot to look forward to trip wise this fall/winter.

You need to take care of yourself so you can enjoy every minute!

DD22 interviewed for yet another place this week, she is still waiting for the next step in the prices for the internship. The interview Wednesday was at a cool little business located in a carriage house (?) two streets from Union square called Haven's kitchen, cooking school, event locations, gourmet food, spices, coffees, teas and upscale table top items retail place. She said that place was rocking for a Wednesday morning!

Sure sounds a lot more fun than accounting!!!

What are everyone's plans for the 4th? We will be getting together with my New Orleans friend and her SO. Can't wait!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #763
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

Hello ladies!

LMP - glad you got an ADR for the Candlelight Processional - I wouldn't try to see it without the package! I love that show and since we've been going for F&W I haven't been able to get to Disney at the right time of year. And we go in January when my daughter is on college break so it would make two trips very close together. Hope you have a great time and that the weather cooperates. Whoopi should be an awesome narrator.

CherylDan - Aweseome pictures. My niece just moved to Anchorage last year and I am so looking forward to visitng her when I get a run of good health! Just waiting for that to happen.

I am off to the rheumatologist next week. Still looking for the anemia cause. Now that are looking at lupus, polymyalgia rheumatica and rheumatoid arthritis because of my elevated C Reactive Protein and sedimentation rate. All of those cause inflammation which could be the cause of the anemia. I feel like I'm getting back on the merry go round of testing again!

Hope everyone is doing well. For anyone affected by the fires in the west, my prayers are with you. Those fires and the rains in Florida are just scary!
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #764
CherylDan
Survivor

PatsMom, I hope your testing goes as well as it can, and that you get some answers sooner rather than later.

Laurie, your plans for the 4th sound fun! We dont have any plans whatsoever.....might go see some fireworks somewhere, but that's about it. Sure sounds like your DD is making a lot of progress in a short amount of time!

LMP, your class must be starting soon? Will you have a lot of kids? Your ADRs sound good. Do you ever get to DTD? We love Raglan Road for dinner. It's casual and fun. And the food is wonderful!

Smiley, I'm glad your new med is working for you. Sounds like your new doc is an improvement for sure over the old one! I had to laugh about the shelf of meds. Not much longer now before your trip, I bet your DGD is really excited!

I saw my oncologist yesterday....my CT scan shows no change, so that is certainly good news. I wont have the new tumor marker numbers for a few days. Last time they were up to 51 from 35 (the high end of normal). So he will call me with the results, and decide what/when to scan next. I'm not having any symptoms, so that is also a good thing.

GAGWTA!!!

Mets 1/14, chemo
Old 06-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #765
CherylDan
Survivor

Thanks for all the kind feedback on the pictures, here come some more! LOL

These are from Juneau. I had no idea, but even though Juneau is the state capitol of Alaska, there are no roads leading in/out of town - only way to get there is by plane, boat, or birth canal. LOL, our tour guide got a kick out of telling us that.

Mendenhall Glacier State Park. We also went whale watching in Juneau, and saw whales jumping out of the water, as well as other wildlife, but we were never able to capture any pictures.

These are from a few days later when we were docked in Skagway. We took a small boat to Haines and rode 4x4 mules up the Takshanuk Mountain. Beautiful views!!! We went as high up as the Sears Tower. Great day.

Mets 1/14, chemo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: