Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #31
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Welcome, Penny. I hope you stick around and tell us more about yourself.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #32
wdw4us2
Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year MK Vet!
Enjoys being sung to by David Cassidy

Welcome to the thread, Penny. You will find lots of support here.

I have been on the cancer rollercoaster since June 2009. First with breast cancer and now with ovarian. Hang in there and try to stay positive. That's about the best advice I can give you right now.

"No capes!"
wdw4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #33
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf8812 View Post
So glad I found you all. My battle started July 2010. Just found out I have liver mets. Would like to continue enjoying family vacations!

Prayers for all...

- Penny
I too am glad you found us. I think we tend to slip off the first few pages of the Community board most days since that is such an active board.

Vacations and planning and anticipating them are some of the best things in life.

I assume you include WDW vacations in that number? What time of the year do you like to travel and where do you like to stay? Do you have an upcoming trip? Having something to plan for sure helps one get through the doctor visits and treatments.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #34
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf8812 View Post
So glad I found you all. My battle started July 2010. Just found out I have liver mets. Would like to continue enjoying family vacations!

Prayers for all...

- Penny
Welcome Penny. You have found a great place of support, wisdom,hugs,encouragement etc. Stick around, you are welcome here for sure!

Love your verse, I also like the one a little above it, verse 7.

I am a jersey girl too (central, middlesex county growing up). I have thy ca but its spread to my lymph nodes too.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #35
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Good afternoon sistas

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I am in the midst of laundry to get ready to pack today for tomm.

Have been following the weather forcast. Doesnt look the warmest. I will bring 1 bathing suit if I get brave, but since I already have trouble controlling my body temp I will think about it on a daily basis to see if I can brave it etc.

Also now my knee is giving me problems again, so the knee brace is definetely going into my pocketbook carryon along with ds21 leftover pain killers from his dental surgery.

Dh is dealing with the plumbing isssues. I hope its not worse than expected. I think this house is definetely turning into the money pit these days. I am thankful for the roof over my head, even though it is going to be replaced next year

Have a great week end everyone. Know dh is bringing the laptop, so I will try to update when I can. Hoping to meet Lisa on Thurs.

GAGWTA
Old 11-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #36
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Have a great time MaryAnn. Post if you can. I hope the weather is not too cool to swim but not so warm that you get overheated. I wish I was there to see the decorations and to meet Lisa.

We are busy getting our pictures synced between iPhones and the new Mac.

Challenging but we are determined.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #37
Redwolf8812
Running on Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy View Post
I too am glad you found us. I think we tend to slip off the first few pages of the Community board most days since that is such an active board.

Vacations and planning and anticipating them are some of the best things in life.

I assume you include WDW vacations in that number? What time of the year do you like to travel and where do you like to stay? Do you have an upcoming trip? Having something to plan for sure helps one get through the doctor visits and treatments.

Hope to hear from you soon.
We love to go to WDW October/November but now that the 2 oldest kids are in high school they can't miss many days, so the last time we went was in June and boy was it hot! I'd really like to plan a trip for the week before Easter - never been down there that time of year. I guess I should see what the oncologist has in store for me.
"The God of all grace who called you to his eternal glory through Christ [Jesus] will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you after you have suffered a little." (1 Peter 5:10)
Penny
1972 - 1984 many visits
1993 - Yacht Club, honeymoon, October
2001 - offsite, first visit with 2 kids, May
2002 - Fort Wilderness, October
2004 - Fort Wilderness, first visit with 3 kids, October - November, Food & Wine Festival, trick-or-treating in the campground
2006 - Fort Wilderness, October - November, Food & Wine Festival, trick-or-treating in the campground
2008 - Fort Wilderness, October - November, Food & Wine Festival, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, trick-or-treating in the campground
2011 - June - Old Key West & Bay Lake Tower, first visit as DVC owners after selling camper & truck, first visit post-cancer diagnosis (stage 3)
Easter 2012 - Animal Kingdom Kidani, first visit post-stage 4 cancer diagnosis
November 2012 - Boardwalk Villas
May 2013 - Treehouse Villas
December 2013 - Saratoga Springs
Reservation for 6/26-6/30/14 Saratoga Springs
next - it's all in God's Hands
Redwolf8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #38
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Happy Thanksgiving a little late to all of my American friends! Well apparently we are heading down to Disneyland on December the 8th! hubby and myself and our 2 oldest grand daughters, 7 and 5. Plane tickets are paid for and hotel is booked, I just need to arrange transfers from the airport, and get them their park hopper tickets. those I buy in advance from the disney site, because it's a much better deal! then you print out the thingy at home and present it at the gate and presto you get a ticket! lol.... we have our annual passes which are good till next mid august. They are very excited!! some of you will remember my talking about how this was supposed to be a whole family trip, to celebrate my kicking cancers butt, that we first started planning only 2 weeks before our son was killed. it has dropped down from 13 of us to just the 4 of us, so that is very sad. Hubby and I had a really hard time being there in summer, and decided we needed to bring some kids with us to start making some new happy memories. I know Ken would be so happy we are bringing 2 of his girls there, but it is so painful he will not be with us. Our daughter is home from her treatment center for the weekend and it's so good to see her son giving her so many big cuddles. It seems like all I do anymore is cry, whether it be for sadness or happiness! she will be finished her treatment in a week and I honestly think she is going to beat this thing. It is an amazing facility, and we have gone for another family day and learned even more! We will be continuing with family councilling, trauma councilling and addiction councilling after she's home. Seems to be our new full time jobs. that and my appointments! I'm still waiting for my MRI appt. for my liver spot! I'm phoning again on monday to find out what the deal is?! it's been far too long, 5 weeks on tuesday. I'm still so tired, I know all the reasons why, but it still annoys the heck out of me!! I can't wait to be eating one of the amazing gingerbread mickeys on mainstreet with 2 of my dear grand babies in only 11 days! I tried listening to some Christmas music today, but it made me cry so hard. I know I would completely avoid the whole thing if it were not for the grand kids.

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #39
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

smiley - so glad to hear you are going for the trip with your dh and your precious dgd's.

I hope you make some magical new memories together and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hoping your test results are favorable. I know that sure seems like a long time to wait for the results. I would call too.

Well we need to shop for a few more things. I folded dh clothes for packing. Now I have to do mine later. I feel like I need a nap for sure right now.

Told some people at chuirch I was going to Disney and one lady told me her dd and family are there right now. I will keep an eye out for them. I know her 2 little grandsons to look at etc. And they have very ethnic names, so if I hear them say them I will know its them for sure. That would really be a small world. She doesnt know me though. (her dd).

Good bye Mr. Turkey too, we are so done wtih you!! Right down to the bones,

Of course its going to rain tomm. when we arrive, oh well.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all always.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #40
smiley_face2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmarypoppins View Post
smiley - so glad to hear you are going for the trip with your dh and your precious dgd's.

I hope you make some magical new memories together and hope you have a wonderful trip.

Hoping your test results are favorable. I know that sure seems like a long time to wait for the results. I would call too.

Well we need to shop for a few more things. I folded dh clothes for packing. Now I have to do mine later. I feel like I need a nap for sure right now.

Told some people at chuirch I was going to Disney and one lady told me her dd and family are there right now. I will keep an eye out for them. I know her 2 little grandsons to look at etc. And they have very ethnic names, so if I hear them say them I will know its them for sure. That would really be a small world. She doesnt know me though. (her dd).

Good bye Mr. Turkey too, we are so done wtih you!! Right down to the bones,

Of course its going to rain tomm. when we arrive, oh well.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all always.
Have a wonderful time and safe travels!! I don't mind the rain, it gets rid of a lot of the crowd!

Old 11-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #41
Candy30
DIS Veteran

HI Everyone!

Penny-Welcome to a great group of loving ladies that will support you through.

Smiley- I think it is wonderful you are still going on your Disney trip!!! I think its awesome your daughter and your family are doing so well in treatment. Hears to creating good memories.

I love that song too. I never thought of it applying it to us and it is so true Pea N Me!

Snappy- How did everything turn out? Sounds great.

Lisa- How are you doing Chica? Hope you are getting your energy back. Take pictures on your trip.

LMN- Have fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Sha- Where you been girl? How are you?

Merry Cheryl- How are you guys?

It is very busy here. Sister is great!!! Son is out of town for big animal term on a farm. We went shopping to buy him food and clothes for his stay there. He says that you have to wade through the mud/poo (happy I made him get a pair of the tall rubber boots). He said most got stuck in it and because he was the only one with those boots he was deemed the "rescuer"! We talk after 6:30 PM because he can't have his phone with him and he doesn't want to drop it in the poo! LOL I don't know if I told you all he has the internship here. That makes me nervous too! Gotta to let him go and grow! Daughter is off for the month of December. She goes to school year round. I liked it.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Pop 2009 trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291582
Candy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #42
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Greetings from the Beach Club.

Got to meet Teena, the BC greeter. She was battling breast cancer last year too. She is a sweetie for sure.

Mon. dh enjoyed his crab legs and we enjoyed watching Illuminations in the drizzle and slight wind and rain.

yest. we ate at Le Cellier. I am thinking we might skip it next time. Enjoyed the Osborne Lights at night.

Today going to the GFC for lunch and to see the gingerbread house and tree. Tonight maybe illuminations again and tomm...

Lisa I cant wait to meet you.

I have typed a memo for dh yest. He talks to guys before the Beauty and the Beast show, hmm?? Guess he cant leave the work, but then I never expected him to,. Just wish he would make more of an effort, sigh, sigh.

Hopefylly we will go swimming on saturday, of course he day before we leave is the nicest of the week.

I think we will come around this time next year before the real rush. And of course there is a bounceback offer in the room for 35% off so that will help alot.

Our room is looking right into crescent lake and the atlantic dance hall is to the right. Nice view.

GAGWTA.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #43
wdw4us2
Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year MK Vet!
Enjoys being sung to by David Cassidy

Leaving for the Mouse House shortly for MVMCP - first time we're doing that in six years!

Looking forward to meeting MaryAnn and praying for lots of energy to get through the next two days.

"No capes!"
wdw4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:08 AM   #44
smiley_face2

Have a good time this month with your daughter Candy! I can't wait to have my daughter home again, it's been nearly 2 months now that she's been in the hospital and treatment center.
We have not been on a plane since before all the changes due to 9-11. I am almost overwhelmed reading what to pack in check in and carry on, etc. I hope I do everything correctly! only 6 days to go!

Old 12-02-2011, 06:25 AM   #45
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Good early morning sitas

Cansy - your ds sounds well prepared. Good your dd ishome for a while.

smiley - Enjoy your trip

Well after over 25 texts and 2 parks later I am to say I got to meet Lisa and her lovely family. We took a quick picture too. I was beginning to think I was Kim Possible on a mission to find Lisa!

Lisa - hope you enjoy the upcoming tour. Sounds fantastic for the holidays.

Well yest. we did 3 parks and the Candelight Processional. Michael W. Smith was fantastic.

I think we are changing our plans for the next 2 days to fit in swimming tomm. So it will be the captains grille for the breakfast buffet, then animal kingdom and then Rose and Crown dinner.

Tomm. will be epcot, swimming and who knows what else. I have a chefs de france reservation for dinner later, but we need to pack and do the last minute shopping. thinking of hitting of the boardwalk bakery for the ds.

GAGWTA

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: