Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #181
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Good afternoon ladies

Lisa - thinking of you today and hoping this new chemo is not too harsh and you will be able to handle it.

PatsMom - how did your dd's appt. go for the visa etc?

Laurie - yes, dh just left again. He is happy as he got the lst class upgrades, so he will be flying like a king. He is on a lst name basis with one of the flight attendants, she is a sweet older lady dh says.

Melissa - prayers for your mom for next week.

Candy - know you will all be cheering on the Steelers

Well dh is taking the ds on that trip. Its only costing less than $300 total for the whole trip, (flights, not hotels) so that is good, of course minus the 225K miles too.

But the good news is there is still over 120K miles left for us. I ran the idea of going to the Food and Wine with dh and maybe using it for the Swan if we can get it. He said...SURE So I am thinking maybe the end of Oct, midweek, like what Cheryl did as I heard the week ends are crazy etc. Also flights are cheaper here then too.

I think this week I will plan all our adrs for the May trip. I am only doing 2 on the credit card, cape may buffet as dh loves crab legs and then Citricos for our anniv. I think this new credit card thing stinks so I am trying to avoid those places. I would rather just maybe do a walk up to those with the cc etc. we shall see.

GAGWTA.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #182
CherylDan
Survivor

MaryAnn, yes, the F&W was night and day difference on Monday vs. the weekend....if you can go mid week, I'd do that for sure! Sounds wonderful!

Lisa, how are you after today's treatment? So sorry to hear that you are back on chemo. Sending you lots of good thoughts and hopes that this treatment plan will be just what you need.

Merry, hope all goes well with your mom....love that you are just planning ahead, not bleeding!

Laurie....Interesting to know about the black eyed peas tradition, hadn't ever heard about it. Is your DD feeling better?

Paintnolish, awesome news!

We are in the process of redecorating our family room. Ordered a new sectional and went and had paint mixed today. Seems like we are always doing something around the house.....strange kind of hobby, I guess. But it's nice to have some kind of "project" that we can work on together. DH gets to do all the heavy lifting, and I get to supervise! Well, I also paint, so I can still claim that it is a "joint" effort.

Finally got Christmas put away.....but of course just as soon as the last box is stored, something that was overlooked pops up. Happens every year, no matter how much I look around to be sure I found everything!

Hope you all have a great weekend
GAGWTA!!

Diagnosed Nov 06, Stage 2B/grade 3, mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxifen
Mets 2/11, chemo, arimidex
Mets 1/14, chemo
CherylDan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #183
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Paintnolish, I'm so glad everything worked out ok! I'm so glad we could help! We enjoy hearing good news here, too! Don't be a stranger!

Cheryl, we're the same with the home projects. I think it's therapeutic! Problem for us seems to be time and money, lol. I'm always full of ideas but we need to wait for the resources. Now my mother wants to do some things around her house (part of our house) that we'll have to help her with. God love her at 86.

Lisa, Cheryl

lmp, I'm jealous. We are overdue for a trip! Our increased health insurance costs (which jumped astronomically last year) and the pool ate up a lot of our vacation budget. (Which was extra annoying when they decided to then start denying services ) But we've made some changes so we'll see how it goes this year. It'll still be a hard choice between home stuff and vacations, especially since we still have a few smaller trips for baseball and then our summer vacation (which is essentially fairly inexpensive since we stay with family). I really want to get what we need to do around the house finished. This year we have to do our bedroom over (hopefully soon) since it's never been done in the 22 yrs we've lived here and we have to replace the stockade fence around the whole yard this spring so that will be a big expense, among other thingd. At any rate, I enjoy living vicariously through you girls!

GAGWTA

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #184
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Good late evening

Cheryl - I think you should have a decorating show or a home show etc. You and your dh really keep busy. Our house needs alot of TLC. I would not know where to start. Dh said he is not sinking any money into the house until it needs it absolutely (like the roof and air conditioning unit and appliances) until we are ready to sell etc. Oh well. Its good you love doing that. I find it completely frustrating. I did it when we moved back here. Working with the contractor was a nightmare. Too many decisions to make etc. So after 18 years we need some updates for sure. You need to share your color schemes and ideas etc. with us so we can get inspired too!

Well I heard from dh. He is safely in China He said the air pollution is horrid and awful. Everyone is walking around with masks and they have cancelled the New Years fireworks because of the pollution. I am worried. He wanted to stay in the hotel. His one partner wantes to go shopping. Of course my dh gives into this guy and says yes. That is my dh. Can never say no and stand up for himself etc. That would be a rare occasion for sure.

Now ds20 has just told me that one of the nursing schools he applied to sent him an e mail and said they are required to inform all the students who are applying that they are in danger of losing their accrededation due to the fact of the below average NCLEX passing rate.

Linda - should I be concerned about that for him. I dont want to waste good tuition money, have him not be able to complete a program and then not get into somewhere else. I did tell him to go pick another school and add that on etc. My head spins.

GAGWTA.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #185
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Yes, lmp, it's really important to graduate from an accredited program.

http://nursingprofessioneducation.co...urse-programs/

http://www.onlinenursingdegrees.org/...accredited.htm

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #186
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

GAGWTA and a Happy (Belated) New Years ladies!!!

That is wonderful news Paintnolish!

LMP hopefully they weren't out shopping for long. Like Linda said, accretited is VERY important. Hopefully everything will work out.

Lisa I hope the treatment went well. I saw you went topless... in the vette

MerryPoppins prayers for your mom and her appt.

I know I missed a bunch of things.

Hugs to you all!

Candy how are you doing??? think you will like what is at the end of my post.

I agree about F&W. I don't think I will go on a weekend again. I would have to be meeting friends or something. Next trip to WDW will be in February when some friends are in escaping Mardi Gras. About the same time R's sister is in visiting him. New Years was crazy but good. We were in Epcot for the day and it was getting out of there that was the worst. Turns out the buses are the best for that!

Im so tired still! Been a whole week and just exhausted and no will to do anything. I have things to get done and just no energy. I have paperwork to get done right now. I had better get to it. Watching/listening to football. Rooting for the Steelers right now. Only game I didnt have a team to win was yesterdays Bengals/Texans game.

Not sure when R and I see each other next. Working about his weekends with K and his sister's visit will play a part. May be a long stretch but am about to do some notes on the calendar so I know when he has free weekends. I will probably go out there for the next few trips. He doesnt have the PTO built back up.

Here is a pic of Mom and R at the Osborne Lights. I took a couple but my mom took a few, mainly of his back... maybe she thinks he looks good from that side too

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #187
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

My heart is broken right now.

Please pray for my family

Dont want to go into too much detail

I drove a car yest. for over 1 hour. Not by choice however. They said I did well.

Today is my sono.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #188
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #189
MerryPoppins
I posted around Woo Hooty time
Good things come in threes
I probably need a makeover more than the average person
Survivor

Prayers said LMP.

You ladies are all on my mind. GAGWTA
Old 01-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #190
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Saying a prayer as well for your family LMP. Good luck with your sono today.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #191
Candy30
DIS Veteran

HI Everyone!
My computer broke. It is about 7 years old now.

Paint- GREAT NEWS and welcome! Sorry I am late but have been following.

LIsa- Sorry to hear about more chemo. Hang in there baby girl! You got Vette Days ahead!!! I hope you are feeling better.

Merry- Hope things go ok with Mom? In my prayers.

LMP- Girlfriend you are in my prayers. I hope everthing goes well at Sono and we are here for you....when/if you want to share.

Snappy/ PMN- you all are great!!! The advice/knowledge you have is awesome. PNM I haven't been to WDW in 2 years now. It doesn't seem that long. I really want to go and so do the kids. It's just money.

Cheryl- I love seeing before and after pictures. Do you do that for your projects?

Sha- "CHARLIE" sitting beside the a beautiful angel. Very Handsome guy! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

So like I said, my computer has died. I have to get a new one. I am posting at my brothers house. I am keeping up with everyone!!! Hate that I can't post like I want.

My DS is loving his internship. They love him there too! a Few stop me in the halls about him. I guess I didn't do too bad raising him

My DH work van died this weekend. You know what the irony is.....we just made the last payment 2 weeks ago!!!! I was so looking forward to not having a car payment!!!!! UGGGGHHHH! My neck has really been bothering me lately. I don't have another appt until May. May have to think about moving that up. Ok I do need your help and don't yell at me. I have not gotten my Mammogram in close to 1 year and half. There really is no excuse except life. Living and being busy. I have a new script I called for last week but I don't want to put it off like I have before now. Just remind me.

All Star Music Sept 2001
Pop 2009 trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291582
Candy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #192
Sha
°O°Believes in the Magic and Fairies! ~ Laughter is SUNSHINE you can hear! ~ "Dreams move on if you wait too long"

LMP of course there are prayers... when and if you want to share you know you are amongst friends her.

Glad to hear you drove and did well. I am sure that was hard for you.

Hoping all is well with the sono

Candy yes "Charlie" is handsome I love the pics that were from that evening. They are on my FB page.

Charleston RFTC 2 Kingdoms 1 Day 12/3/2009 Jenroc Lisa
I WEAR PINK FOR THE SURVIVORS, THE FIGHTERS AND THE TAKEN
  • °O° First trip WDW: 1972 ~ Celebrates Every Birthday at WDW ~ AP Holder ~ DVC Member: May '06 SSR, May '07 AKV, Jan '09 BLT
  • °O° Lives close enough to go often (for Pixie Dusting to stay young!) ~ Disney Magazine Spring '05 p 36 ~ Celebrations Magazine March/April & May/June 2009
  • °O° Stays around WDW: DL/POR, POFQ, BC, YC, GF, CB, BWV, OKW, BCV, SOG, SSR, VWL, POP, CR, Dolphin, AKV-JH, BLT, AKV-KV, ASMo, AKL-CL, CS, BC- CL, SSR-Treehouse
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #193
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Sha - loving the pictures of R. and your mom

Candy - hope the neck pain subsides and that your appt. can be much sooner.Glad your ds likes the job. Sorry about the van. Its rough, I know.

Merry - thinking of your mom

Lisa - glad to see you got to get out and have a sin. You go girl!

Went for the sono today. They didnt ask for more pictures, so I am taking that to be a good sign

Went with ds20 and ds22 to the grocery story. It was an adventure. I am meat and potatoes. Ds 20 is healthy etc.

Tomm. I am driving for a little bit.

I didnt sleep at all last night. Think tonight will be the same. I scheduled my blood test for Wed., earlier, since we will be very occupied.

I am dreading dh coming home. We have the first of many important meetings on Friday. Please pray.

GAGWTA
Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #194
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

oops, so sorry Lisa for my typo, I meant....spin!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #195
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Sleeping any better, Maryann?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: