Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #151
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Happy almost 2012 everyone!!

Mermom - I am glad your dd took it well. I dont know what to say about the trip. I know another poster Marci went on a ski trip between chemo treatments. She just rested all the time but wanted to be with her family after her dr. ok'ed it. Although I have another kind of cancer. We waited till almost a whole year before we went back to Disney (7 operations later). Its a personal decision and I am sure you will take everything into consideration. Wishing you all the best.

paintnolish - I just cant imagine what you are going through. I know after I had our 3rd ds then 3 days after that my sister suddenly died, so between the hormones and dealing with all that and then the drs. telling us it could be genetic and my kids could have it to, I think I was ready to go off the deep end.

I am so glad you are going tues. too. Glad your dh will be there for moral support. Mine is always with me . I dont know what I would do without him. As Linda said about the fibroidadenoma. I did have one of those and it was oval, the size of an egg. I will pray this will be the case with you as well. Hang in there! Tears are ok too. I am sure it will be hard to wait for the results but we will be here for you.

Well we are gong to church tonight for a little get together. Snacks and a white elephant gift exchange. Ds20 is joining us after work. The others are going to parties. Dh leaves for China again on Friday, sigh, sigh.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all always.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #152
MerMom60_94
DIS Veteran

Just popping on to wish you all a happy new year. I hope 2012 brings you all good health. Leslie
MerMom60_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #153
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Happy New Year, ladies! No tears today...okay, I teared up but no actual crying.
Pea-n-me: Thanks again for all of your help, with this and my peeing dog! You still have to watch her! If she is not under direct supervision, she has to be in her crate. She's such a sweet, gentle girl, though. She hadn't peed on the floor in a long time until...I got up with the baby at 1 a.. and dd was up. I told her to go to bed, and she said she had been but had let the dog sleep in her bed (she is supposed to be in her crate-thought dh would take care of that!) and the dog peed in her bed!!!! She's never done that or on anything other than the floor and that's not very often. Grr! Poor dd.
Snappy: That's ok if dh isn't in the room and it'd be better for him if they said he couldn't. He got a little woozy during my epidural! I can handle the physical part of the procedure just fine. It will be nice not to be alone before and after.
Mermom-Thanks for the virtual hug.
Luvmarypoppins: I am praying and praying it's a fibro whatever. I keep feeling the lump. It's so surreal that something so tiny can cause this much stress!

Anyway, here's to a happy and HEALTHY New Year to all!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #154
wdw4us2
Not only a DIS Vet, but a 33 year MK Vet!
Enjoys being sung to by David Cassidy

Happy New Year to all and welcome to our new members!

I had two doctor's visits this past week - one with the Miami doc and the other with my local oncologist. Miami doc says no surgery for me in the future as he can't get to the worst part of the cancer without causing a multitude of other problems. So, I am back on the chemo roller coaster again this Friday. This time, I will be on Abraxane. My infusions will be every third Friday with hydration the following Monday. My local oncologist wanted to do every three weeks with one off, but I told her I don't think I can tolerate that. The mass near my diaphragm has become noticeably larger during my chemo break and has started becoming painful in the past two days. Supposedly, the chemo will work to shrink that tumor as well as battling the rest of it.

I can't believe I'm starting another new year on chemo. This fight is never ending in my case.

"No capes!"
wdw4us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #155
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Happy New Year everyone!

I have been sick for almost a week now. Finally starting to feel a little better. Still a little junky and wheezy.

Lisa I can sense your frustration. I am sorry you're going through this. Hoping for some good news for you this year.

paintnolish, I had to think about the dog peeing situation I might have to check old threads. I respond to so many dog threads I can't always keep them straight, lol. (Once I re-read it I'll totally remember it!) Glad you've stopped crying.

I was wondering how Hulagirl's mom was doing? Hopefully everything went well, I don't think she's come back to either thread she had yet.

GAGWTA

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #156
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

Sorry you are facing yet another round of chemo, Lisa. You do sound frustrated as Linda says. I hope you get some relief fast from the discomfort, and that spacing out the treatments makes them tolerable.

I assume you will be starting this Friday. Please post and let us know how you are doing. Bad time of year to have upper respiratory issues.

Going over to mom's right now to share cabbage, black eyed peas. Can't get anyone else here interested in going with me, lol.

DH figured out that a loose connection made some of our LED net lights fail. I am glad that we won't have to replace them but wish we had figured it out earlier. Our "display" looked a bit cockeyed this year, after the first week or two, when random string sets would not come on.

DH got me a Bose sound dock for my iPhone. I think he is trying to keep me from booking a presidential unit at WBC for awhile sine I bragged about the Bose system in the bedroom and the Bose surround sound one in the living room.

Hate to tell him but it won't work.

Helped my mom figure out how to get her tins unit the PT gave her for pain relief last night. Had to do some emergency trouble shooting. Heck, I just read the instruction book. She is getting a little helpless but sure seemed to appreciate it. I am certainly not mechanical go I guess there was magic involved too.

GAGWTA
Old 01-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #157
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Happy 2012!!

Lisa - so sorry you have to be on the chemo coaster again . It stinks! I can relate to you being frustrated too. After operation 5, even my aunt said, wow you cant catch a break can you. I said, yeah you are right. My faith helps me alot. I hope this chemo interval is good for you and that it will shrink the tumor so you can be comfortable. My prayers are with you.

Laurie - dont know if I would like those foods. Are they a tradition or foods for good luck etc?

Linda - sorry you have not been feeling well. I hope you recover quickly. Tea and chicken soup, my go to's when I feel like that and add in the vicks too.

New Years Eve was nice. We went to church. ds24 came. Ds20 had to work so late so he just came at the end. They all went to parties later. The white elephant gift exchange we had was fun.

We stayed up late to watch the show from Times Square and waited for the announcement. Even dh said it was a bummer. Glad we booked the bounceback rates when we were there.

We put little critter in his ball in the kitchen while we were eating lunch. All of a sudden ds21 noticed we didnt hear him. He sees he has gotten out. Omg! He saw him and threw a box over him. He is in his cage now. I didnt think he could get out of the ball but apparently it became undone.

I have been having the cramping and pain again. I read another lady who was postng a thread on this also. I took a deep breath when someone posted that the results of this for her mom was uterine cancer. I am praying that will not be the case with me after the sono and biopsy. I did read my radiation could cause secondary cancers but it would be more like leukemia but the gyn already told me she has been wrong in the past even though she told me she does not think it is. I am having some doubts right now. The 19th cant come fast enough for this.

GAGWTA.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #158
snappy
Survivor

Must be a southern thing, then MaryAnn, about the cabbage and black eyed peas. I did not realize that it was a regional deal.

Does anyone else have a traditional New Years dish or two?

Yes, it is supposed to be for good luck.

Have to admit, we also had gumbo and DH grilled chicken breasts and fresh salmon. So we have normal food for the week.

DD21 and DS23 were both in New Orleans for New Year's eve. It was supposed to be the #1 spot people wanted to be for New Year's. Weather was fantastic. I saw fireworks on the river as I left mom's house last night after my visit with her. I just parked and watched the fireworks in the sky over the levee. It was a nice show, and I did not have to deal with crowds.

Dd16 was even at a friend's house last night so it was nice after all the commotion of the last 2 weeks to have a quiet house, no cooking to do, and nobody to "entertain."

DH and I lead exciting lives.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #159
paintnolish
I'm meh about "meh."

Spoke with the lactation consultant. She said there's not really any reason to NOT bf ds but I could pump and dump once on that side if I wanted to be cautious. She said to feed him before the procedure and then pump what was left. After the procedure, it was fine to feed him on the unaffected side as soon as necessary.
Getting nervous. I want to get it over with but then the dread of waiting sets in. Dh and the kids return to school Wed., so the day or 2 waiting is going to be horrible. I am terrified of getting bad news when all alone.
So how bad is the procedure?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #160
snappy
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Spoke with the lactation consultant. She said there's not really any reason to NOT bf ds but I could pump and dump once on that side if I wanted to be cautious. She said to feed him before the procedure and then pump what was left. After the procedure, it was fine to feed him on the unaffected side as soon as necessary.
Getting nervous. I want to get it over with but then the dread of waiting sets in. Dh and the kids return to school Wed., so the day or 2 waiting is going to be horrible. I am terrified of getting bad news when all alone.
So how bad is the procedure?

Glad you got specific info about breast feeding.

I wish you well tomorrow with the test. Glad your DH will be with you. If you are alone when you get the results, check in with us, we will be here for you.

The test is not really painful. It is a little strange to be on that table with your breast positioned as it needs to be. There will probably be a number of people in the treatment room. I was shivering, not sure if if was from the room being cold or just apprehension so one of the nurses offered me warmed blankets. This nurse also positioned a CD player close to my ear and played nice relaxing music. You may want to consider bringing an iPod if they allow it.

My stereotactic core needle biopsy took awhile as I had multiple areas that needed to be tested. Also, there was a lot of discussion in my case between the radiologist and the nurses as the area that was close to the skin surface was very difficult to access with the needle. I was really glad I had the music to drown out the words as I did not understand what they were saying. It was easy to jump to dire conclusions when there was no reason to. They were very diligent and were able to test all ares.

Afterwards I just used ice packs. Bags of frozen peas work well too, per one of our long time posters here, Ann.

I will tell you that my sister had a surgical biopsy a month or two after mine and her biopsy was more involved, and a lot of tissue was taken out. That type of biopsy is more invasive but is done when there is a large area of concern.

Good luck, Sweetie.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #161
MerryPoppins
I posted around Woo Hooty time
Good things come in threes
I probably need a makeover more than the average person
Survivor

Going to attempt a longer post through my new kindle fire. We 'll see how it goes.

My needle core biopsy wasn't all that painful. The numbing shot wasn't fun but I hate needles. The worst part for me was having to stay perfectly still for such a long time. I had a nurse whose only job was to keep me comfortable. She was a lifesaver.

I have some sensation in my mastectomy side. It's mostly numb but has dull feeling. Sometimes I have nerve pain or itching. I didn't have reconstruction. My reduction side has more feeling but still not like before my surgery.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #162
MerryPoppins
I posted around Woo Hooty time
Good things come in threes
I probably need a makeover more than the average person
Survivor

My mom called yesterday with disturbing news. Guess I should give the back story 1st. She had a spot biopsied twice. Both times it was benign. A number of years ago she had a hysterectomy and when her obgyn retired she told Mom that there was no real need for her to see a new doc unless she had problems. So nobody has kept close watch on this small growth in her v. (Don't think the dis will let me spell that out.) Around Thanksgiving Mom noticed it had grown and was painful. She describes it as "pulling ". But she didn't want to ruin the holidays so she told nobody.
My SIL has a cousin that is a surgeon. He is getting us an meeting with his good friend, an obgyn. Please pray that it is an easy fix. I'm more nervous about this than I was about my cancer.-
Old 01-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #163
luvmarypoppins
((Hug))

Paintnolish - wishing you all the best today. Hope the procedure is not too uncomfortable for you.

Sha - how was your trip?

Candy - how was your trip?

Melissa - how is the house sale going?

Laurie - glad you got to spend some time with dd. Funny what you said about the regional foods. I think the tradition here is that alot of people have chinese food. We didnt do that as everyone was out etc. So we had it last night at ds24's suggestion.

Dh is sick with a really bad cold. I sure hope he will feel better by the time he gets on the plane on friday. He will be miserable anyway. He called and they sold out of business and first class seats so its the cattle car for him. When that happens he usually takes some nice pain killers leftover from his surgery and ds surgery to knock him out for a couple hours until he needs to get up and walk around.

I have been having the cramping on and off again. I still have to wait for so long for that sono etc. I dont want to go sooner as I already have the other sono to do etc. There is only so much I can take at once both physically and emotionally. If they say there is nothing wrong I think I will flip out. I am sure there is something wrong that is causing this pain. Its not normal for sure.

Dh new big idea is to take ds24 and ds21 to New Zeland in March. They will be gone for 11 days. So not happy about this. I said whatever. At least alot of the trip will be paid for using frequent flier miles to that is good.

Now dh says he will have to travel to Michigan alot for a new project he is working on. Oh joy. I hope its on southwest or american so we can get some good ff miles for disney. Maybe I can talk him into an end of Oct visit to Food and Wine. Last time I saw we could get the Swan for free with the miles.

GAGWTA
Old 01-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #164
snappy
Survivor

MaryAnn, I hope your DH's cold clears up. I think if he takes a does of Benedryl he may not need the pain meds. I guess he travels enough to know what works for him but that seems to me like a lot of pain meds.

Chinese food sounds like a great tradition. I seldom eat it anymore due to the sodium of most of the dishes.

Sorry to hear the pain has not subsided. I am sure it is hard not to be worried about it.

11 days for a trip to New Zealand sounds like a long time. I guess it is so far that you can't do it efficiently in a shorter trip. I understand him wanting to travel some with your sons, but there are closer places. I would be wanting to save the mileage points for Disney but obviously I have a one rack mind.

You sound down, I hope things turn around for you today and you have something to cheer you up. You deserve to have something to smile at.

Thanks for posting, Merry. I was wondering how others viewed the needle biopsy.

I have reduced feeling in the side that was lifted/reduced, but area on my abdomen where the flap came from to do the reconstruction is more numb.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #165
paintnolish
I'm meh about "meh."

back from the biopsy. it wasn't too bad except for one of the samples at the end. it felt like he was going to go through my ****! they said they might be running a bit behind with results due to the holiday, but i should hopefully have them by the weekend. a little sore now.
i was a mess when i got there, so the nurse explained the sono to me. remember how no one had really explained anything to me, right? she showed me the image, which looked like a mike n' ike candy, kind of cylindrical and oblong. it's about 1/2" long. she said it didn't scream "cancer" to her but she couldn't guarrantee anything. she also said nothing showed up on the mammo. dr. came in and said he just couldn't rule out cancer so they needed to check the suspicious tissue.
i got different breast feeding advice from the people there, my ob/gyn, the pediatrician, and the lac. consultant. the nurse told me not to nurse on the right for 24 hrs and just to pump a bit to relieve pressure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: