Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where should we have our onboard Cruise Meet?
Bon Voyage 2 22.22%
Vista Cafe 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #106
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I'm the member, I'm the force behind this trip, does everyone in the room have to be involved in the FE? My mates would most likely help me deliver, but I don't think they would want to participate themselves. I'll ask them before I sign up or not, but I hope they don't have to participate in order for me to.
You only put your name on the let, only you will need to give, or will receive a gift.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #107
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Just an FYI if you are planning to stay at WDW pre or post cruise you might want to book a room NOW! Disney has just announced the Jan marathon will be held Jan 10 - 13 and with runners arriving early resorts will fill up fast. For the Jan 2011 ran Disney was sold out of room for the week prior and several days after the race.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #108
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
Just an FYI if you are planning to stay at WDW pre or post cruise you might want to book a room NOW! Disney has just announced the Jan marathon will be held Jan 10 - 13 and with runners arriving early resorts will fill up fast. For the Jan 2011 ran Disney was sold out of room for the week prior and several days after the race.
The following weekend after the cruise is MLK jr. Weekend. That could be busy in its own right, too.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #109
Norm1
Mouseketeer

Sorry to interruptthis thread but I don't know were else to turn. Is there someone that can helpus get a 2012 Member Cruise Logo for the September member cruise? There are several of us that would like to add it to our signatures but we do not know how to go about it. Also personally I would like to also get a 2010 if still possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #110
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm1 View Post
Sorry to interruptthis thread but I don't know were else to turn. Is there someone that can helpus get a 2012 Member Cruise Logo for the September member cruise? There are several of us that would like to add it to our signatures but we do not know how to go about it. Also personally I would like to also get a 2010 if still possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Oh...I sent you a PM but I thought you wanted the logo for this MC. If you follow the directions I gave, just click on someone's 2012 MC logo, it should work. If not, you can give me a PM and I'll see if I can tweek the directions.

Bobbi
Old 03-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #111
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Are any cruisers going to be at Epcot's F&G? I'll be there April 18 to 23rd!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #112
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Have any of you done a Disney cruise in January? Just wondering what CC and Nassau are like in the beginning of January. I'm going more for the Member part of the cruise. I have such fond memories of the '05 MC!

Bobbi
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #113
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Are there still openings on this cruise?
Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #114
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

I think there are still openings for both member cruises.
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #115
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have any of you done a Disney cruise in January? Just wondering what CC and Nassau are like in the beginning of January. I'm going more for the Member part of the cruise. I have such fond memories of the '05 MC!

Bobbi
We've done several January cruises. Two the weather was awesome (water a little chilly) but it was great to get your feet in the sand and the weather was nice. Once, we couldn't dock. Winds were knocking the water up over the dock and the captain didn't want to damage the ship (couldn't blame him - he drove by to let everyone see how bad it was).

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #116
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've looked up and read a lot about FE, and it does seem to be fun, BUT does anyone BUY things to put in, and is there a thread about people who participate but are NOT creative with crafts.

Bobbi
Last time I did it, I did make little boxes out of scrapbook paper (I had a die cut that cut them out for me) and I filled them with mini candy canes (we cruised in December) and tied a ribbon around them. I also got a container of the light up bracelets for each cabin and some little card games trinkets for the kids. I'm a sorta crafty person (if I can see someone's idea, I'll can copy it).

We will probably drive down for this cruise and I'll have a little bit more room to do something else this time.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #117
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
We've done several January cruises. Two the weather was awesome (water a little chilly) but it was great to get your feet in the sand and the weather was nice. Once, we couldn't dock. Winds were knocking the water up over the dock and the captain didn't want to damage the ship (couldn't blame him - he drove by to let everyone see how bad it was).
For me, this cruise is more about the Members part and being with DCuz who hasn't been on a DCL cruise before, and DSis who has. I do hope we do dock at CC. In 2005, DH and I didn't get our act together in time, so we didn't make it to the beach at CC to make being in the picture of the whole gang.

Our first DCL cruise was for DH's 60th birthday and that was in a November, being originally from NJ the water temp was just fine for me! Now I need lots of help walking on sand, so I don't know if swimming at CC will be possible, but I do know DSis and DCuz will be there for me if I want to give it a try.

We'll be coming from AKV, anyone else?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #118
OKraysLoveDisney
Mouseketeer

Hubby and I will be sailing on our first DVC Member Cruise with y'all! We called this morning and were able to get a 5C #7544 (looks like a great location). We are very excited to see how different a DVC Member Cruise is from a "regular" Disney Cruise and to meet everyone!

We are sailing on the Fantasy 5/19/2012 to celebrate hubby's retirement and it will be his first Disney Cruise (my 2nd).

OKraysLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #119
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKraysLoveDisney View Post
Hubby and I will be sailing on our first DVC Member Cruise with y'all! We called this morning and were able to get a 5C #7544 (looks like a great location). We are very excited to see how different a DVC Member Cruise is from a "regular" Disney Cruise and to meet everyone!

We are sailing on the Fantasy 5/19/2012 to celebrate hubby's retirement and it will be his first Disney Cruise (my 2nd).
Welcome!

Congratulations on your Hubby's retirement! That happens next year for my DH! We're going on the Magic to celebrate that!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #120
dlhvac
THE BEAST

First members cruise glad they initiated 2 instead of one DW is a teacher and could not go

dlhvac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: