Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where should we have our onboard Cruise Meet?
Bon Voyage 2 22.22%
Vista Cafe 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #76
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Just bumping this up!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #77
Mom B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Hi,
DSis, DCuz and I just booked this Member Cruise! We look forward to meeting you all on this thread and in person! I will be spending most of January in Florida, and decided to add the Bahamas to the mix. I was thrilled that My friends will join me! DH still will be working, so he's going to miss this one!
Bobbi
Welcome aboard, Bobbi, I've seen you so many times on the DIS that it would be fun to catch up with you in person. Glad you have some friends to come along.

We got our 'new' room assignment...#8090, not Deck 9 as I was originally told...Cat 4B. Anybody else in the neighborhood?
PO 11/92, WL 10/97, OKW/VB 1/99, ASMo/OKW/Royal Mansions 10/02, BWV 1/04, SSR/BWV 1/06, OKW/VB 1/07, SSR 1/09, VB/AKV/SSR 1/10, VB/OKW 1/11, VB/AKV 1/12, VB/First Members Cruise on the Disney Dream/AKV 1/13, BLT 9/13, 40th Anniversary OKW 1/14, VB/AKV/VB Family Reunion Trip 10/14 - The best is yet to come!

10/2004 DVC members Vero Beach 5/2008 DVC members Old Key West 1/09 DVC members Animal Kingdom Kidani
Mom B is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #78
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom B View Post
Welcome aboard, Bobbi, I've seen you so many times on the DIS that it would be fun to catch up with you in person. Glad you have some friends to come along.

We got our 'new' room assignment...#8090, not Deck 9 as I was originally told...Cat 4B. Anybody else in the neighborhood?
Hi! I want to say ours is 8060.....need to check to confirm!! We are in one of the left front cabins that has the 5' windows.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #79
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I've tried 3 times to get the MC logo to my signature.

3 night cruises have had the Pirate night! DH and I have never been able to stay up to see the fireworks. I've asked my DSis and DCuz to keep me up this time! LOL, DSis is likely to be asleep by 9 at home!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #80
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've tried 3 times to get the MC logo to my signature.

3 night cruises have had the Pirate night! DH and I have never been able to stay up to see the fireworks. I've asked my DSis and DCuz to keep me up this time! LOL, DSis is likely to be asleep by 9 at home!
We'll try to keep you up, if you promise NOT to reciprocate by waking us up in the morning!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #81
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Has everyone here signed up on the Facebook site yet? It's linked on the first page here. (I think it's the first page)

Old 02-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #82
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
We'll try to keep you up, if you promise NOT to reciprocate by waking us up in the morning!!!
Not a problem! DSis meditates in the morning, and I'm happy to sleep in. DCuz enjoys alone time, so we've got a deal!

How long did you have to wait before you got your information from DCL? I booked a week ago Sunday, and am waiting to get something so that it really feels official!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #83
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not a problem! DSis meditates in the morning, and I'm happy to sleep in. DCuz enjoys alone time, so we've got a deal!

How long did you have to wait before you got your information from DCL? I booked a week ago Sunday, and am waiting to get something so that it really feels official!
I booked at least a month ago, and still no documents! It's just seems MORE official when you get that fat envelope in the mail!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #84
mom_rules
LOVES the Yachtsmen!
HATES snakes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I booked at least a month ago, and still no documents! It's just seems MORE official when you get that fat envelope in the mail!
If you've cruised DCL before you can check under your Castaway number.
Info should be there (but I know-we booked first day and no hard docs)
Beach Club concierge/Wonder Mar '05
Boardwalk Inn Concierge Oct 2004
Carribean Beach Resort Oct 2004
Yacht Club Concierge April 2004
All Star Music April 2004
Grand Californian Concierge-Disneyland September 2003
Beach Club May 2003
Beach Club May 2001
Coronado Springs May 1999
Carribean May 1996
Offsite October 1987

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mom_rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #85
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

The only thing we have received so far is the standard reservation letter from DVC, that outlines the reservation and the point spend. I can see the reservation on the DCL Castaway Club site though so I know we are good to go. Interesting that prices have not moved one cent up or down on the cat 6A that we are booked in.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #86
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
The only thing we have received so far is the standard reservation letter from DVC, that outlines the reservation and the point spend. I can see the reservation on the DCL Castaway Club site though so I know we are good to go. Interesting that prices have not moved one cent up or down on the cat 6A that we are booked in.
Thank you for the information about seeing the reservation on the CC site! We are in the back of the ship 6690. I checked out a stateroom report and it wasn't bed, apparently you can hear noise from a lounge that is 2 decks down. I'm glad we got onboard, and I think we'll be just fine!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #87
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
I'm glad to see that it's in the norm! I thought our documents came a lot quicker last time, but maybe we just booked our cruise closer to the launch date.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #88
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

DCL usually sends doc about 45 days prior. Maybe for the DVC sailings it is different, but for standard sailings, 45 days or fewer.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #89
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
DCL usually sends doc about 45 days prior. Maybe for the DVC sailings it is different, but for standard sailings, 45 days or fewer.
Thanks!! I could have sworn I got the last documents sooner.....guess I'm just excited!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #90
bsusanmb
DIS Veteran

Sent you an email. Originally this was to be a girl's cruise only for me and my two adult daughters and their little ones...then their husbands began to boo hoo, so I added them. DH isn't cruising, he doesn't like to cruise, so he can stay home and dog sit.

We were on the 2009 member cruise. We have been on 5 Disney cruises, our last one in Dec on the Dream. We took two of our grands and they have done nothing but talk about the kids' club and how much they love it. They are old disney veterans at ages of 4 and 7, but now their favorite is the cruise. So, it will be two adjoining rooms for us, with 5 adults and 4 kids. The adults have never cruised. so they are very excited! I will get some photos out also.

Nice to be part of the group!
Susan

bsusanmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: