Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where should we have our onboard Cruise Meet?
Bon Voyage 2 22.22%
Vista Cafe 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #286
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Just got my card from the Bishop family. So cute!!! Thank you!!!!
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #287
ncmtndisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Talking

Would anyone be interested in a pre-cruise meet? Maybe for a drink or dinner. We will be arriving on Tuesday. We are staying at OKW. We are planning an evening at Downtown Disney and one at Universal City Walk. Let me know what you would like to do. . It is just me and my DH.
ncmtndisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #288
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmtndisneyfan View Post
Would anyone be interested in a pre-cruise meet? Maybe for a drink or dinner. We will be arriving on Tuesday. We are staying at OKW. We are planning an evening at Downtown Disney and one at Universal City Walk. Let me know what you would like to do. . It is just me and my DH.
Me, DSis, DCuz will be at AKV Kidani. We arrive on the 6th. I do have an ADR for the 9th, (Be Our Guest) but i'm hoping the Top of the World Lounge will still be opened to all DVCers then, and we could head over there after our meal. If that's not an option, I'm open.

Bobbi
Old 09-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #289
DisneyCruisin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmtndisneyfan
We are driving down on 1/4 and staying at OKW through Sunday then doing the four day cruise before the three day Member Cruise.

DisneyCruisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #290
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

Received really cute note today! All the way from Korea and the Bishops! Love it! Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #291
Linda Farrell
Mickey's #1 Fan

Hi all!! We just booked the cruise today! My husband and I are taking our granddaughter with us as her 8th birthday present. She turns 8 on January 7, just before we sail. She is so excited about the DVC cruise and I told her about gifts on the bed each day. This is our 3rd DVC cruise, also on in 2005 and 2006, my 6th Disney cruise, DH's 4th, and DGD's 3rd.

She loved doing the FE on the last cruise, and wants to do it again. I tried to email Hollywood Glitter, but it was sent back to me. Would you please add us to the FE list? Looking forward to getting to know you all, sorry we missed the postcard exchange.

On one of the earlier cruises, we all met in the Promenade Lounge about 3 pm the day we boarded, so we could all put a face with a name. It was nice to meet people that way. We also did a group photo in the lobby one night, before the first dinner started, so everyone could come. Just a few ideas I wanted to throw out there, if you think they would be good for this group.

Looking forward to chatting with you all here!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #292
Korea Ears
Mouseketeer

I've received postcards from Bobbi and Beth!
Korea Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #293
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Farrell View Post
Hi all!! We just booked the cruise today! My husband and I are taking our granddaughter with us as her 8th birthday present. She turns 8 on January 7, just before we sail. She is so excited about the DVC cruise and I told her about gifts on the bed each day. This is our 3rd DVC cruise, also on in 2005 and 2006, my 6th Disney cruise, DH's 4th, and DGD's 3rd.

She loved doing the FE on the last cruise, and wants to do it again. I tried to email Hollywood Glitter, but it was sent back to me. Would you please add us to the FE list? Looking forward to getting to know you all, sorry we missed the postcard exchange.

On one of the earlier cruises, we all met in the Promenade Lounge about 3 pm the day we boarded, so we could all put a face with a name. It was nice to meet people that way. We also did a group photo in the lobby one night, before the first dinner started, so everyone could come. Just a few ideas I wanted to throw out there, if you think they would be good for this group.

Welcome!
MMMM, taking a greand daughter along! That sounds like a good idea, maybe we can do that with ours going forward to the next MC!
I think the post card exchange was fun enough to do over, maybe in November. I'll ask in October and see if there's interest. Meanwhile, if you go to the Exchange Board here, Hollywood Glitter is organizing a Secret Santa as well as another exchange!
Bobbi
PS. DH and I were on the 2005 MC, maybe we'll seem to be familiar faces when you and I meet!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #294
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

OK...I just left the Disboards to get some work done for school. I had to move Hollywood Glitter's postcard, which was on top of some papers! How about a Halloween card exchange, just for people going on the January Member Cruise? PM me if interested. Let's say we mail the card out by the middle of October.

It can be a mailing to a few people, or just one. If interested people would post here, or send me a private message, I'll relate here, how things are going.

I would be interested in mailing up to 10 cards. Since there are children going, there could be a list of children, and they would send to other kids, if there is interest in that sort of card exchange.

Let me know!

Bobbi
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #295
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCruisin' View Post
We are driving down on 1/4 and staying at OKW through Sunday then doing the four day cruise before the three day Member Cruise.
We'll be on that cruise with you as well!

YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! UPCOMING CRUISES:s DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas, WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA, and WONDER 1/31/16 7 Night Southern Caribbean from San Juan
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #296
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korea Ears
I've received postcards from Bobbi and Beth!
Got your post card today all the way from Korea. Thanks
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #297
Linda Farrell
Mickey's #1 Fan

We'd like to be part of the Halloween card exchange. This seems like a fun group!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #298
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Farrell

Linda ... PM me your info for the FE and I'll add you to the list.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #299
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
OK...I just left the Disboards to get some work done for school. I had to move Hollywood Glitter's postcard, which was on top of some papers! How about a Halloween card exchange, just for people going on the January Member Cruise? PM me if interested. Let's say we mail the card out by the middle of October.

It can be a mailing to a few people, or just one. If interested people would post here, or send me a private message, I'll relate here, how things are going.

I would be interested in mailing up to 10 cards. Since there are children going, there could be a list of children, and they would send to other kids, if there is interest in that sort of card exchange.

Let me know!

Bobbi
Bobbi

Sign me up for the Halloween card exchange!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #300
bobbiwoz
I have 2 opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Farrell View Post
We'd like to be part of the Halloween card exchange. This seems like a fun group!
OK! PM your address information to me. If you want your DGD to participate with other children send that info too!
I'll have sign ups through the end of September, with frequent reminders. Then names, addresses will go out by October 5th...

My card came from Korea Ears! Thank you! You will get the prize for coming to the MC from the furthest destination, if there is a prize of course!

Bobbi

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: