Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Where should we have our onboard Cruise Meet?
Bon Voyage 2 22.22%
Vista Cafe 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #241
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
there is a Squirrel Hill Tunnel. we are 20 -30 minutes from there and Kennywood. Having not grown up here I am not a huge Kennywood fan, it's an amusement park, but I guess my problem is I compare it to WDW!
Anyone know if you have to have special stamps to mal the postcard to Korea?
I asked at the post office. The postage is the same as first class to Korea would be, $1.05. So you can mail a larger postcard if you want to say more. I'm also going to put a return label on that one!

Post card stamps are now $.32 for USA.

Bobbi

PS. I thought that was what Kennywood was, an amusement park, but we've/they've never been there.
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #242
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

I have fond memories of Kennywood growing up! We had a school picnic there every year after the last day of school. It was more of a "neighborhood" amusement park if that makes sense. But I haven't been there in years!
__________________
blossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #243
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
I have fond memories of Kennywood growing up! We had a school picnic there every year after the last day of school. It was more of a "neighborhood" amusement park if that makes sense. But I haven't been there in years!
Have you been to Knoebels in PA? That's a family destination, too!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #244
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

I have not been to Knoebels, but many of my students go every year and love it.
__________________
blossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #245
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
I have not been to Knoebels, but many of my students go every year and love it.
When we lived in Yardley PA, I took a young friend, my honorary niece to
Knoebels for a weekend, we had a ball.
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #246
BethA
DIS Veteran
 
BethA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 3,501

Have been to knoebels . Weren t they flooded last year?
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #247
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
Have been to knoebels . Weren t they flooded last year?
Yes. I've a friend from Atlas, Mount Carmel area. She goes there often, and she said how bad it was.
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #248
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!
 
blossomz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: York, PA
Posts: 1,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Have you been to Knoebels in PA? That's a family destination, too!
Yes..and so was the zoo at Hershey. So sad...they lost some animals...
__________________

Last edited by blossomz; 08-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.
blossomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #249
cmclaura
How many more days til our next cruise?????
 
cmclaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Philadelphia area currently
Posts: 845

We're late to the party, but here we are! Just booked Friday night and were told we got the last 11A left on board; the next available category is 4A. Talk about coming in with the milk!

We've been DVC members since our 2nd cruise in 2009, BLT is our home. This will be our 9th cruise, as we just came off a NYC to Canada on the Magic on August 10 and will be doing the 4 day on the Dream to the Bahamas on the cruise directly before this one. Almost to Platinum!

We've never done a Member Cruise before -- a fellow member warned us that we'll be on a ship full of Know It Alls -- as one myself, GREAT!

Because we're doing the B2B, should we opt to come back into the terminal and hang out with folks -- do they do anything special there for Members?

Reading about all the gifts is alarming -- our membership coordinator at DVC did warn us to bring an extra suitcase and you folks are surely confirming that!

We're in the Philadelphia area, right next to Valley Forge, and are looking forward to cruising with all of you. We haven't told our daughter yet -- we're hoping to make a nice surprise for her. We sailed the Dream last year for New Year's Eve and weren't able to do the Fantasy for this year; all her friends from the 18-21 Club will be doing that one (sadly, we're not rich like them, lol) but I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet up with them when they get off their cruise on January 5 so she can at least see them for a bit.
__________________
Laura
Sailing with husband Joe and daughter Keighley (21)



YES! We are DVC Members! Since February 2009! Best thing we ever did! WONDER 1/17-20/2008 3 Night Bahamas MAGIC 1/17-24/2009 7 Night Eastern Caribbean MAGIC 1/9-16/2020 7 Night Western Caribbean MAGIC 1/8-15/2011 7 Night Western Caribbean
DREAM 12/20/2011-1/3/2012 5 Night Double Dip New Year’s Eve Bahamas DREAM 1/3-8/2012 5 Night Double Dip Back to Back Bahamas MAGIC 8/5-10/2012 5 Night NYC to Canada DREAM 1/6-10/2013 4 Night Bahamas
DREAM 1/10-13/2013 3 Night Bahamas DVC Member Cruise WDW 10/19-24/2013 Visit with Daughter in Disney College Program FANTASY 2/1-8/2014 7 Night Western Caribbean PLATINUM!!! and GRAND SLAM MEMBERS! UPCOMING CRUISES:s DREAM 1/9/15 3 Night Bahamas, WONDER 7/6/15 7 Night ALASKA, and WONDER 1/31/16 7 Night Southern Caribbean from San Juan
cmclaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #250
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmclaura View Post
We're late to the party, but here we are! Just booked Friday night and were told we got the last 11A left on board; the next available category is 4A. Talk about coming in with the milk!

We've been DVC members since our 2nd cruise in 2009, BLT is our home. This will be our 9th cruise, as we just came off a NYC to Canada on the Magic on August 10 and will be doing the 4 day on the Dream to the Bahamas on the cruise directly before this one. Almost to Platinum!

We've never done a Member Cruise before -- a fellow member warned us that we'll be on a ship full of Know It Alls -- as one myself, GREAT!

Because we're doing the B2B, should we opt to come back into the terminal and hang out with folks -- do they do anything special there for Members?

Reading about all the gifts is alarming -- our membership coordinator at DVC did warn us to bring an extra suitcase and you folks are surely confirming that!

We're in the Philadelphia area, right next to Valley Forge, and are looking forward to cruising with all of you. We haven't told our daughter yet -- we're hoping to make a nice surprise for her. We sailed the Dream last year for New Year's Eve and weren't able to do the Fantasy for this year; all her friends from the 18-21 Club will be doing that one (sadly, we're not rich like them, lol) but I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet up with them when they get off their cruise on January 5 so she can at least see them for a bit.
Hi and

We lived in Yardley PA for a 10+ years before moving to Ohio! As we head back to Cape May NJ where my mom lives, we love coming to the Valley Forge Exit on PA turnpike! It means our 11+ ride is nearly over, depending on the traffic through Philly!

We just got off the Dream with our DS's family. It was a wonderful 5 night cruise with 2 stops at CC. DH and I are doing the East Bound Transatlantic cruise on the Wonder next May, and then we're staying on for the first Med cruise.

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #251
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmclaura View Post
We're late to the party, but here we are! Just booked Friday night and were told we got the last 11A left on board; the next available category is 4A. Talk about coming in with the milk!

We've been DVC members since our 2nd cruise in 2009, BLT is our home. This will be our 9th cruise, as we just came off a NYC to Canada on the Magic on August 10 and will be doing the 4 day on the Dream to the Bahamas on the cruise directly before this one. Almost to Platinum!

We've never done a Member Cruise before -- a fellow member warned us that we'll be on a ship full of Know It Alls -- as one myself, GREAT!

Because we're doing the B2B, should we opt to come back into the terminal and hang out with folks -- do they do anything special there for Members?

Reading about all the gifts is alarming -- our membership coordinator at DVC did warn us to bring an extra suitcase and you folks are surely confirming that!

We're in the Philadelphia area, right next to Valley Forge, and are looking forward to cruising with all of you. We haven't told our daughter yet -- we're hoping to make a nice surprise for her. We sailed the Dream last year for New Year's Eve and weren't able to do the Fantasy for this year; all her friends from the 18-21 Club will be doing that one (sadly, we're not rich like them, lol) but I'm hoping that we'll be able to meet up with them when they get off their cruise on January 5 so she can at least see them for a bit.
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:12 PM   #252
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

I've written my cards, and will mail them tomorrow!

It's been quiet here. How are things? School begins for me on Monday. I teach p/t at University of Cincinnati, Blue Ash.

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #253
Hollywood Glitter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
I've written my cards, and will mail them tomorrow!

It's been quiet here. How are things? School begins for me on Monday. I teach p/t at University of Cincinnati, Blue Ash.

Bobbi


What do you teach? I think you posted this before but I don't remember.
Hollywood Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #254
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Glitter View Post


What do you teach? I think you posted this before but I don't remember.
I teach math...developmental and some college level. How about you?

Postcards have been mailed!

Bobbi
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #255
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us
 
bobbiwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington Township OH and Cape May NJ
Posts: 61,056

Postcard came from Beth! Thank you!
__________________
bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: