Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #31
andyman8
DIS Veteran

SUMMER IS GREAT!!!!! Particularly if you are going in Early June. Yes the weather is hot, but think this opens many opportunities. First, the lines can be quite short in early June (30 min for EE). Also, you can take midday breaks and cool off at the water parks. Plus, you can relax and read at one of the Seven Seas Lagoon's beaches! And, the summer makes great pool weather. It often rains at the end of the day, so this is PRIME time in the parks. Many people leave, instead go and ride as many rides as you can in the parks. Have fun!
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #32
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

We go every June and love it! Yes it's hot and yes it can be crowded. Like everyone said, take advantage of EMH, stay hydrated, and duck into the air conditioning every so often to bring the body temp down. It's quite doable and summer is so much fun, parks are open late and everyones just having fun.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #33
wbeem
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFHite View Post
But I hear so many bad things about summer trips to WDW, especially because of the heat and crowds. Is there anything good about visiting in June?
I've lived here all of my life, so I can indeed tell you that there is something good about visiting in June. Be glad it's not July or August!

Look, it's going to be hot & muggy, but it feels much worse in the later summer months. Wear comfortable clothing, drink water, enjoy the occasional cool breeze, wander inside the shops to enjoy the air conditioning instead of walking down the street.

Most important, just stop if you feel like you're becoming overwhelmed with the weather. You'll just feel miserable if you keep pushing yourself when your body is telling you to take it easy. Why do you think we Southerners have a reputation for being slow? It's because of this muggy weather we get.

There may be some afternoon showers. Those are sort of a mixed blessing. They cool things down a bit, but they also make it muggier.

Don't worry, though. Millions of visitors have survived and enjoyed Disney in the summer before you, so you can enjoy it, too. Just pace yourself accordingly and protect your skin from the sun.
wbeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #34
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

We visited MK on July 3rd in 2008 and it was freakishly slow. I was telling (then DBF) "Something's wrong", because I'd never seen it that un-crowded. I guess everyone was waiting to go on the 4th? We were pleasantly surprise with a "pre-4th" firework show, and it was AMAZING, and by far (to me) than Wishes or MVMCP...but my DH is retired military, so maybe I was bias!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, summer, tips

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: