Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer7787 View Post
Wow! We do have a lot in common! I love your centerpieces!!

I got my degree from University at Buffalo. Youíll definitely have a lot more luck going the school library route. I was already almost done with my degree when the public libraries took another funding hit and it was too late to change my specialization. I hope that youíre able to find a job right after you graduate.
Thanks, my fingers are crossed that I will be able to find a job once I graduate! Though I graduate in December and since most schools do hiring in May-August, I'll still have to wait almost a year before I actually start working. But we'll see!

One of my best friends has her degree in public libraries and has been having trouble finding a job too. I hope you get a full time job soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer7787 View Post
Disneymoon

Plans for this keep changing. Originally FI and I were planning on buying in DVC. We sat in on one of their spiels and it made a lot of sense for us. Weíre young, we go to Disney every two years (Iíd love to be able to go every year!), and we foresee ourselves always vacationing at Disney. We figured we could pay for our cruise with the points and stay at the Poly before. Then I started reading up here about resale and that made even more sense. And quite a few people said that spending points on the cruise just wasnít getting your moneyís worth... So we could get BLT for the same price as we could be paying for AK if we went directly through Disney, which meant giving up the Poly, but I was okay with that to be in walking distance to the MK. So we started, looking into financing it and realized it just isnít going to happen right now... Not with paying for a wedding at the same time.

So now the plan is:

7 nights at the Poly followed by a 4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Disney Dream. It will be the most all out Disney drip weíve ever taken. I canít wait!!

The cruise is the only 100% official part. We booked it three days after the itineraries for 2013 came out. lol If the rumor about the Poly construction proves true Iíll have to find another resort to fall in love with. Fingers crossed that it doesnít.

Iím almost more excited for this than the actual wedding!
I love your honeymoon plans! I've never done a Disney cruise but they sound amazing. We talked about DVC too, but as of right now I don't think we could afford it - we just can't afford to go to Disney every year. Even with DVC paid for ticket prices keep increasing and flights are getting super high, so it's not really in our future right now. It makes me sad too Hopefully someday!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
Your ring is gorgeous, as are those goblets! I'm thinking Doug would love those. Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking?
I missed this while reading through comments before. Sorry!! Hopefully youíll see this. We bought them from a company called Ballena Bay Pewter. They always have a stand at our local-ish renaissance festival. They used to have a website, but the one that comes up on google doesnít have any of their products listed.
Dreamer7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

The Dress

I did not expect to find the dress over 1.5 years out from my wedding, but I guess thatís a risk one takes when one decides to play dress up. But I fell head over heels in love with this dress and said yes to it today!

And I figure hey, if I can stay committed to the same guy for over seven years already, I can stay committed to a dress for 19 months. lol

And in case anyone is interested the style is Casablanca 1802. I bought the sample, so I got 30% off. Iím so excited! I canít wait to walk down the aisle in it.

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 09-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #19
Fay
DIS Veteran

Your dress is a beaut!

XXX

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #20
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

I love your dress. You look beautiful.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:31 PM   #21
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

It's all the Details Part II

It's been awhile since I had any wedding updates! But recently there have been two new details added that I'm very excited about.

First, my BFF bought me this sign to put near our guest book.

It fits the Beauty and the Beast feel perfectly!!

And while going through a Pinterest board I stumbled across Mickey cufflinks and showed them to FI. I thought for sure that he would think they were silly, but he loved them! I found them on ebay for $10 and couldn't resist buying them.

I also got bored and did a mock up of what I think I want our centerpieces to look like. To cut a few more dollars, I decided that we'll probably skip the vases for the rose. Please ignore my horrible freehanded number one. I will definitely use a pattern font for the real ones. lol

Other wedding updates:

We found our officiant. She's a part time librarian! How perfect is that? Getting married in a library by a librarian!

Our DJ and our photographer are booked. Last big things we need are cake and limo. We're moving steadily along!

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 09-14-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:50 PM   #22
JP2013
Earning My Ears

Congrats! I'm loving the pictures! You're going to make a beautiful bride!
JP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP2013 View Post
Congrats! I'm loving the pictures! You're going to make a beautiful bride!
Thanks so much!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
dsnygrl21
Mouseketeer

Subbing! Congrats to you both!! Your story is awesome! I got engaged in Disney too.

I am having an at home Disney wedding too! Will definitely be following you to get ideas and please feel free to do the same.

Disney Fairytale Wedding PJ 9-22-12
Only trips after High school listed:
'03-'04 CP MK PG & Conductor
11/03 YCR
04/04 CR
10/05 POP
08/06 Off-site
05/07 POP
05/08 Off-site
10/10 Engagement trip AKL CL
03-04/11 First DVC Stay POP/BCV
08/11 Big Family Trip OKW/BLT

01/13 Disneymoon BLT TPV
dsnygrl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #25
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Music!

We're just planning on using an iPod for the ceremony music.

Prelude: Tale as Old as Time from Beauty and the Beast
A Whole New World from Aladdin
Can You Feel the Love Tonight from the Lion King
When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio
Married Life from Up (Maybe the end is a little sad for a happy day like a wedding day!)

Precessional: I See the Light from Tangled.

Ceremony: Amor De Mi Alma (The problem with this one is it's such a long song! But it was our first song in High School. We're choir geeks. lol)

Recessional: Tapestry of Nations (YouTube isn't letting the link start for me at the right part, but it's at the 5m14s mark).

Reception:

First Dance: For All Time by Michael Jackson
Father Daughter Dance: My Wish by Rascal Flatts (My pa's choice)

Last Song: Promise

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 10-03-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Flowers

Today, I got bored and ended up making all of the bouquets for the wedding. It all started because someone (who I believe was FI) left the wedding notebook sitting at Michael's on Friday. So we had to go back to get it today and new sales had started. And it just so happened that everything we had discussed buying there was now 50%. Score! I had already bought all the red flowers slowly over the last year from JoAnn's, but their yellow ones were crazy expensive. I got these yellow ones for $.74 a piece! wOOt!

I went to use and mooch the hot glue at my parents' house and this is the outcome.

My bouquet and all four of the girls (one is hiding):

Side view of mine (they're all the same). I was able to incorporate all of the wedding/Beauty and the Beast colors into them:

Another of mine:

And the hidden Mickey in the girls' bouquets, which my youngest sister was kind enough to point out existed!

One more thing I can check off the list! Which is good because we're almost at a year out! [/B]

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 09-14-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #27
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Wedding Shoes (and more)!

For those following along, I am a HUGE klutz... Today, FI and I went to a bridal show to book our limo and afterwards decided to have a picnic at the garden where we're planning on getting our wedding pictures taken. As we're walking down the steps, I managed to trip and fall and rip a nice hole in my jeans and rip off some of my skin. Now, I hate shopping so I buy new clothes once in a blue moon and those jeans happened to be the only work appropriate ones that I had left. So it was off to the mall to find a replacement pair.

It turned out to be a good thing though! Because as soon as we walked in the door I saw these!

I'm not one to usually wear heels, but these were exactly what I was looking for. Not too high of a heel and one that's on the bigger side. And they were on sale! Score! And while it's the wrong Princess, I took the fact that they're called Tiana as a sign that I needed to get them. Now let's just hope that I can manage to make it down the aisle (which has steps at the beginning of it!) without falling over!

On Friday night, my MOH brought over a surprise that she had for me. I kind of ruined it because I told her I was planning on making DIY ears, forcing her to spill the beans early. FI does not like the new Tuxedo ears at all and I preferred the headband bride ears. Well it turns out that MOH's parents' had the original top hat ears and they didn't want them anymore! They also had bride ears, but I think I might still go the DIY route for me. I just like the idea of a headband more. But I was near tears when MOH was telling me about them.

Now if we can just track down some of the Just Married pins, we'll be all set.

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 09-17-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #28
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Haven't checked your planning journal in a while...everything seems to be coming together nicely!

Your dress is beautiful...definitely fits the theme too. Those red shoes are really cute too! You did really good on the flowers...I would've never thought they were silk.

I'm totally jealous of you snagging the top hat ears...we REALLY want a pair but can't justify spending $60 - $100 online for them!
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #29
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Haven't checked your planning journal in a while...everything seems to be coming together nicely!

Your dress is beautiful...definitely fits the theme too. Those red shoes are really cute too! You did really good on the flowers...I would've never thought they were silk.

I'm totally jealous of you snagging the top hat ears...we REALLY want a pair but can't justify spending $60 - $100 online for them!
I thought I had responded to this. Oh the life of the sleep deprived.

First off, that's so much! I'm so worried about this wedding looking like it's all over the place because at times I feel like I'm all over the place when it comes to planning it.

It really is a shame that Disney decided to do away with the Top Hat ears. Even worse are people making a bundle off of them by selling them for so much! Same with the Just Married pins. I really want a pair so that we can have matching Just Engaged and a Just Married pictures, but I just can't bring myself to spend $10+ on something that was free! I asked my sister who's a CM to keep an eye out for me, but she said when she asked about them she was told they stopped giving them out because of people selling them for a ridiculous price on Ebay. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll just write Just Married on the bottom of the Ever After pins.

I told FI he waited too long to propose. Everything starting changing right around the time he bought the ring. Go figure.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #30
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Aisle Runner Ideas

Now that we're below the one year mark (!!!) I've started planning out more of the DIY projects. At first we weren't going to have an aisle runner to cut some costs, but my aunt's boyfriend had one just laying around (a little strange lol) and gave it to us for free! Since it will be the only real piece of decoration at our ceremony, I wanted to spruce it up a little.

I found this when I did a google search for Disney aisle runners. I can already hear my sisters say it's from the wrong movie, but... I do what I want. :P

I want a little more to it than just the words though, so I thought it would be nice to have a fancy looking Mickey head behind it. After a bunch of random keyword searches I found this website for a Mickey Mouse Trivet and it fit what I have in my head exactly!

I started fiddling with how to lay it out/incorporate the colors. Originally I had blue words going over the Mickey head in yellow, but FI didn't really like the way it looked. He said it was taking away from the Mickey by having the words on top of it. At first, I'll admit, I was crabby that he didn't like it, but now I'm so glad he didn't! The colors got a little weird when I took the screen shot of it (I made it in Word), but I'm hoping the final product will look something like this:

Also, a coworker of FI's has a bunch of red silk rose petals that they want to get rid of (he thinks for free because she's had them for like 7 years and never done anything with them), depending on how many she has I'd love to be able to line the aisle runner with them like so:

Now I just need to find the time to undertake this task. lol

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 05-19-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: