Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #151
MeMom
DIS Veteran

We were at Poly beach on NYE.

We went straight back to work, too, and then had to deal with a death in the family, so our time back home has just been whirlwind.

I bet your mom is so, so sore. I hope she heals quickly.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #152
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

ok I'm really here now.

Life got in the way. Yep, I do let my career take-over.

But today I'm reading your tr (everything that you've written so far).

awe your little boogers are so stinkin' cute! I love my baby Timon, as you may have seen in my TR. He's living at my parents at the moment and I miss him all the time.

I love it when we feel comfy in an airport. But I always feel a bit on the edge since I'm so often searched. I may look like a criminal, I don't know lol
I love how you say that MCO is like home to you. My mom and I were actually talking about it the other day. Just getting into MCO is like "we're there!!"

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #153
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

As much as I like the "Pirates" movies, I agree with you, that is not a mattress. Was it advertised that the mattress wasn't a real mattress?

Which app do you use on your phone? I'm new to that type of phone universe and discover new things everyday hehe

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 01-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #154
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Isn't the castle amazing with all the lights?

Old 01-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #155
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Hope you have a fabulously magical trip!! Can't wait to hear about NYE in WDW!!! DH actually said "it would be pretty cool to be in WDW for New Years!" I told him I wasn't sure I was brave enough to go to MK with 50 million other people but I could totally go for an MK view room at Poly or GF with a view of the fireworks! He LOVED that idea!! Hmmmmm...
Thanks! We had a great time! WDW on NYE is unlike anything out there. It's such a great place to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Hello Danielle! Timmy here, back from the dead! Yeah, I joined the ranks of the 999 ghosts to fulfill my dream of the "volunteer" for "a thousand". We had a great swinging wake but after awhile it all just went downhill, I guess it was the dead personalities...

Okay, yeah none of that happened, but I'm back to comment on TRs. I got so behind I don't think I'll be commenting on the chapters I missed, but I have to say I just whizzed through all these chapters and actually laughed out loud. I think the resident Guinea Pig was caught off guard for the moment. I don't know, when you add a huge cookie spilling frosting goodness over a plate and then "What in tarnation?!" You get laughter lol Well... I'll definitely be commenting on your future chapters and leaving some notes on your other TR. I know you're in the world right now, but I'll just leave this for when you get back...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Oh man, you joined the 999 ghosts!? That's truly awesome. I wish that could have been me! LOL.

No worries. I'm sure school has been super busy for you too. Glad to have you back on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I hope you are having a fabulous time right now and I can't wait to read all about it!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Hope you are having a great trip and can't wait to hear all about it!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Have an awesome trip!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Hope you are having a blast at Disney. And I really hope you are staying warm down there. I hear there is quite the cold blast. Hopefully you brought along your Slytherin scarf to keep you warm. And maybe grab yourself a Muppet hat?
We only had like one day that was really cold, so we were good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
subbing! Great TR so far!

and hi Megan!!!!
Thanks! Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
Alright, ready for more! And, waiting to hear how your OTHER trip went! I hope everything was great!
I'll be getting to all of them! LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We were at Poly beach on NYE.

We went straight back to work, too, and then had to deal with a death in the family, so our time back home has just been whirlwind.

I bet your mom is so, so sore. I hope she heals quickly.
Time back is always a whirlwind, isn't it? Mom is really sore, but she's getting better every day. It will be a slow healing process, but she's a strong person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
ok I'm really here now.

Life got in the way. Yep, I do let my career take-over.

But today I'm reading your tr (everything that you've written so far).

awe your little boogers are so stinkin' cute! I love my baby Timon, as you may have seen in my TR. He's living at my parents at the moment and I miss him all the time.

I love it when we feel comfy in an airport. But I always feel a bit on the edge since I'm so often searched. I may look like a criminal, I don't know lol
I love how you say that MCO is like home to you. My mom and I were actually talking about it the other day. Just getting into MCO is like "we're there!!"
I let my work get in the way too.

I love my two little booger pets! I don't know what I would do without them, honestly.

I love MCO! I just know what's going on there, so I feel very comfortable.

Quote:
As much as I like the "Pirates" movies, I agree with you, that is not a mattress. Was it advertised that the mattress wasn't a real mattress?

Which app do you use on your phone? I'm new to that type of phone universe and discover new things everyday hehe
When you call DVC or talk to the CM's at the resort, they swear up and down that it's a real mattress. It's kind of a joke really. The fact that the bed wasn't really uncomfortable was the only thing that made it okay.

I have Undercover Tourist which is a free app (they have Disney and Universal), and I also have Lines, which is free with my subscription to Touring Plans. I use them simultaneously because I want to see who has the answer that makes me happy. LOL

Quote:
Isn't the castle amazing with all the lights?
It's my favorite time to go.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #156
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

New TR Link!

Hi guys!

I have started my new TR! Here's the link and I'd love it if you'd follow along!

I said Ohana, not Obama!! - A BFF's NYE TR

I will be updating this one soon as well.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #157
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!!! Your poor mom! I hope she heals quickly!!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #158
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Yikes, sorry to hear about your mom! Hope she heals up in no time!
And I'm totally IN with the new TR!!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #159
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Glad to see your back! Already hopped on over to your other TR but noticed I missed a prior mini-update. I hope your mom's feeling better, no fun in fracturing anything Hope you're doing well! Can't wait to read more of this TR and about your newest trip!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #160
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

The One with the Bleatin' BAAAAAA!!

So when I left you many many many many many moons ago (that's what it seriously feels like folks. I promise not to abandon you like that again), we had just finished our ride on the Safari.

I mentioned to Megan that I wanted to go and see the Festival of the Lion King, because I seriously never see this show. For realz. Never see it. I think the last time I saw the show was in like 2005 or something.

Of course, she was fine with that, so off we went.

We headed in and were seated in the Giraffe section. That's right. They bleat and it sounds like baaa. A bleatin' baa.

Here's our bleatin' baa leader.

I remembered that this show is totally awesome and tons of fun!

Fire, fire!

My favorite part. I want to be the flying girl.

After we thoroughly enjoyed our show, we both decided that we were hungry. Megan wanted Yak & Yeti, and I had wanted to go to Restaurantosaurus, so she headed to Y&Y to pick up her meal and said she would meet me at Restaufjdaogneaohi (it's an awfully long word to type!).

It took me a while and Megan actually managed to pick up her food and get a table by me before I even got to order. People were just being super indecisive. I never understand this. You're waiting in line for a while, have plenty of time to peruse the menu, and you get up there and go "uuuuuhhhhhh". Seriously!? Seriously!

Finally I got through the line and placed my order. Veggie sub with sweet potato fries and a chocolate mousse for dessert. I loved it in July, so I wanted it again.

After our bellies were full, we decided to head to ITTBAB.

Now, here's a riddle. How fun would a 3D movie be if you were blind? I noticed that while we were heading into the movie, a group of teenage girls were heading in and their one friend was blind. Now, she was all about the movie, but I couldn't help but be a little sad about the other elements of the show she would be missing.

After the show, we decided that we would part ways, because there really wasn't anything left at the Animal Kingdom that we wanted to accomplish. Plus, Megan had been going since Friday and needed to head home and do some laundry and other household things. She told me she would give me a call the next day after work, so we could meet up for some dinner before I had to go and pick Chris up at the airport.

Overall, we had lots of fun together and I think it was a great DISmeet. I'm glad that we made the time for it and were able to hang out!

We parted ways and I headed back to the resort via bus. I got off at Old Port Royale to fill my mug and then grabbed the car that I had left there to drive back to my building.

Here's my building area, in case you're interested.

Ours was the building a little bit off to the right.

I wanted to relax for a little while. I had intentions of watching the Packer game, but for some reason they were showing the Giants / Patriots game. Boo. That didn't make me very happy.

So, armed with the WG and ESPN loaded to check the score, I headed to DTD to do some shopping and have some dinner.

I parked on the West Side and headed into D-Street first. I bought three Vinylmation.

Then I just walked slowly to the Marketplace side, taking in the sights as I went. I was happy I was able to get pictures of these!

I shopped around World of Disney, TrenD, and Team Mickey. I was good and didn't really buy anything but the Vinylmation. I had to keep in mind that I only had a carryon to get me home, so I didn't want to buy tons of stuff.

I decided on Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner. Got this pretty shot on the way.

It was pretty crowded, but the line went pretty fast. I got myself the 1/2 rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, sweet tea, and creme brulee. I didn't take a picture because it was really dark outside and I didn't want to blind everyone with my flash and then clue them in to the fact that I was alone, and indeed taking a picture of my food. I'm a subtle food picture taker. Haha.

I took my time eating and just wandered around at a leisurely pace. Stopped at the Candy Cauldron because I needed my pear jelly beans people!

Saw this guy at Pleasure Island.

He was pretty cool. While I was walking through Pleasure Island, this girl was chatting with her family, very seriously turned to them and says "they only have seafood at the Rainforest Cafe...except for on the kids menu".....

I was so confused. She was clearly misinformed, or clearly just plain crazy. I didn't know which one, but I didn't want to interject and let them know I was eavesdropping.

I headed back to the resort after that. I was indecisive about what I was going to do the next day. I knew sleeping in was part of it and that swimming would be too if it was warm enough!

Up Next: That's one quiet pool!

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #161
Merida
DIS Veteran

Oh, the giraffe section. The two little girls pulled up when we went to Festival couldn't make the sound and were so embarrassed! Really, they couldn't pick a bird or something that was slightly easier than 'warthog' or 'giraffe'?

That sandwich looks amazing! Though I think anything with that much cheese must be amazing. Unless it isn't actually cheese, and then I would be very disappointed!

You got the torch lighter! I love that one (despite being new mold which is apparently very important as I have learned after a cursory look at Vinylmation websites. 'Mold' doesn't even look like a real word any more!).

Wait, why would there only be seafood at the Rainforest Cafe? Like, it doesn't even make sense! It's in a rainforest, which by definition has other animals in there! And if they're buying meat/etc. for kids' meals, why not use it for the adult menu? Weird.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #162
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I just love your vinylmations. I really wasn't into them at first, but the kids started trading them in our last trip and now I love them. The Disney Store.com had a bunch of them on sale for $5 or so. A couple were even $1.99. So .... I got 12 of them, yeah I said it, twelve. We needed some inexpensive ones to trade. OK.. maybe I got a tad carried away ...maybe.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #163
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Ooh, that veggie sub and the sweet potato fries look delicious. Then again, I am just sitting here munching on cadbury mini eggs - not exactly substantial food, but mighty tasty. So some cheesy goodness sounds delish.

Um, I totally don't understand the seafood only at Rainforest Cafe. Where did she even get that from? I would have a hard time not butting my nosy self in. That's probably why I get wierd looks from people all the time.

WPE - always a winner in my book.

Fantastic pics. Are those all with your Iphone? Have you totally enjoyed talking to Siri with it? I have borrowed my friends' phones just to strike up conversations with her. She has some hilarious replies. I once told her "I love you Siri" and she told me I was "the wind beneath her wings." Fantastic.

And ps. since you were a fellow MMC worshipper, were you also an NSYNC fan? If so, gave you watched the Rachel vs. Guy celebrity cook-off show on the Food Network? With mr. Joey Fatone? Fantastic. Ok, I'll stop hijacking your TR now.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #164
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Oh, the giraffe section. The two little girls pulled up when we went to Festival couldn't make the sound and were so embarrassed! Really, they couldn't pick a bird or something that was slightly easier than 'warthog' or 'giraffe'?

That sandwich looks amazing! Though I think anything with that much cheese must be amazing. Unless it isn't actually cheese, and then I would be very disappointed!

You got the torch lighter! I love that one (despite being new mold which is apparently very important as I have learned after a cursory look at Vinylmation websites. 'Mold' doesn't even look like a real word any more!).

Wait, why would there only be seafood at the Rainforest Cafe? Like, it doesn't even make sense! It's in a rainforest, which by definition has other animals in there! And if they're buying meat/etc. for kids' meals, why not use it for the adult menu? Weird.
I think that Disney picked those sections just so they could hear people sounding really stupid. Anything to embarrass people I think...

I am with you. Anything with that much cheese is amazing! I just love veggies too, so mix them together and I'm a happy camper.

I was very happy with those vinylmation, even though I really didn't want the torch lighter, I wanted the Figment from that set. But I kept him, because I only trade when I REALLY don't like them.

The Rainforest comment was the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I was so confused. I think I had that look on my face too, like she had done lost her mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I just love your vinylmations. I really wasn't into them at first, but the kids started trading them in our last trip and now I love them. The Disney Store.com had a bunch of them on sale for $5 or so. A couple were even $1.99. So .... I got 12 of them, yeah I said it, twelve. We needed some inexpensive ones to trade. OK.. maybe I got a tad carried away ...maybe.
I loved vinylmations from when they first came out! I'm a huge dork like that! Oooohhhh, a sale at the Disney Store.com!? I may have to check that out. No shame in getting 12. I have come home with that many from WDW before....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Ooh, that veggie sub and the sweet potato fries look delicious. Then again, I am just sitting here munching on cadbury mini eggs - not exactly substantial food, but mighty tasty. So some cheesy goodness sounds delish.

Um, I totally don't understand the seafood only at Rainforest Cafe. Where did she even get that from? I would have a hard time not butting my nosy self in. That's probably why I get wierd looks from people all the time.

WPE - always a winner in my book.

Fantastic pics. Are those all with your Iphone? Have you totally enjoyed talking to Siri with it? I have borrowed my friends' phones just to strike up conversations with her. She has some hilarious replies. I once told her "I love you Siri" and she told me I was "the wind beneath her wings." Fantastic.

And ps. since you were a fellow MMC worshipper, were you also an NSYNC fan? If so, gave you watched the Rachel vs. Guy celebrity cook-off show on the Food Network? With mr. Joey Fatone? Fantastic. Ok, I'll stop hijacking your TR now.
OMG, you're eating Cadbury mini eggs?! Absolutely, hands down my favorite candy ever! I wait on pins and needles for any holidays, because they tend to release some version of them during that time.

I have come to the conclusion that people are just crazy, but that they make themselves crazier when they talk about things like they straight up know what they're saying. That's always so humorous to me. Say something with complete conviction, but you're wrong. So so wrong.

The pictures for this TR and my upcoming one are all taken with my iPhone (except for some random ones). I love it! I don't talk to Siri too often. However, I like asking her random questions like "what's the meaning of life". She said to me "to ponder questions like the one you just asked".

I was an NSync fan, although that was during the time when I was in absolute denial about being a fan of anything Pop because I was convinced that I was Goth and stuff (not kidding. No, I will not post pictures). I have not seen that show on the Food Network, but I may have to check it out.

Danielle

In progress TRs:
Completed TRs:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #165
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I loved FOTLK - it really is an amazing show!

Lol at being seated in the Giraffe section and baaing along!!

I still have to try that veggie sub - it looks mouthwatering. That's great that you had fun with Megan before Chris arrived - it sure is great meeting people via these boards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: